Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I pre-ordered 400,000 copies just in case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I bought arkham knights... gently caress, I bought ANTHEM! I will not be buying this

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll play it when it shows up on gamepass but I'm definitely not spending any money on it

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I know someone that actually bought two full priced copies of Anthem lol

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

MorningMoon posted:

to me all comment sections are where the dead internet theory shines
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Internet_theory

Kojima was right, once again!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

omg chael crash posted:

I know someone that actually bought two full priced copies of Anthem lol

Oooh does the president of Bioware's Mom have any good stories? How did you meet her?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Medullah posted:

Oooh does the president of Bioware's Mom have any good stories? How did you meet her?

Hah.

I was a goon friend that really wanted to play it with another goon friend who wouldn’t buy it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, Suicide Squad comes out this Friday (Wednesday if you pay more) but as for me?

Opopanax posted:

I'll play it when it shows up on gamepass but I'm definitely not spending any money on it

Rocksteady did recently claim that the entire game, including endgame content, is solo-able and that if you do a mission in co-op that you haven't gotten to yet you will be able to skip it in your game.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/TomRMarks/status/1751328264348725316?t=AUNuB7m892l8b_pFdS_Gew&s=19

Reportedly this happened to a number of other gaming sites that have the SS game a poor preview.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/TomRMarks/status/1751328264348725316?t=AUNuB7m892l8b_pFdS_Gew&s=19

Reportedly this happened to a number of other gaming sites that have the SS game a poor preview.

lol "we're not gonna give you codes, you big meanies!"

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
If you don’t send codes to any of the review sites, that’s 50 extra sales!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Welp they had to pull it offline Immediately due to a bug granted everyone 100% completion as soon as they booted the game up

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol, Suicide Squad's early access just started (in NZ) and they had to take the game down because players were starting the game and it automatically marked their accounts as completing the story.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

bunnyofdoom posted:

Welp they had to pull it offline Immediately due to a bug granted everyone 100% completion as soon as they booted the game up

"See boss, people definitely love the game! Look how many people have the Platinum!"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Will be on sale by end of February

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I think it'll probably sell better than people are expecting unfortunately, tbh, just off the name/rocksteadys pedigree, the lack of reviews probably will help them too. However they've spent so much money on it that it's gonna be a situation like that Avengers game or so many others where selling "fine" isn't anywhere near enough for their expectations, that probably doesn't manifest in deep sales quite that quickly though.

I saw a tweet that described what they reckon the post release life of the game will be like which seemed likely to be pretty accurate. "1 month after release, we get a "we're hearing your criticism and addressing your feedback" blog/twitter post, 3 months you get a delay on whatever the next big addition that's slated to be next, 6 months you get the hail mary "we are completely reworking a huge chunk of some aspect of the game" (or multiple) and then 18 months after release, servers get shutdown, game delisted, etc or an announcement that that's happening in the future. Depressingly prescient probably, though if the game is as rancid as it seems, no tears need be shed, a shame for the devs to have been working on it for so long ultimately.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

thebardyspoon posted:

I think it'll probably sell better than people are expecting unfortunately, tbh, just off the name/rocksteadys pedigree, the lack of reviews probably will help them too. However they've spent so much money on it that it's gonna be a situation like that Avengers game or so many others where selling "fine" isn't anywhere near enough for their expectations, that probably doesn't manifest in deep sales quite that quickly though.

I keep running into folks who seem stoked for it which does seem like proof most people don't pay attention to much but trailers and if they wind up liking it, great. It just feels like they'll be in for a rough surprise.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

In real life or online?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

bunnyofdoom posted:

So is the speedrun community ecstatic or apoplectic?

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I wasn't going to buy the game anyway: https://www.destructoid.com/suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-adds-denuvo-just-before-launch/

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Denuvo DRM? Sounds like period meds

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rocksteady kills Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Batman's death
https://twitter.com/omegamauro1/status/1752012715072102699?t=kUgG1znfwlZzKJaaY-pSgg&s=19

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Batman's death
https://twitter.com/omegamauro1/status/1752012715072102699?t=kUgG1znfwlZzKJaaY-pSgg&s=19

Awesome. Wonderful. What a great sendoff to Kevin Conroy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Opopanax posted:

Rocksteady kills Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League

Warner Brothers kills Rocksteady kills Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So seems as if the leaks were legit huh

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Batman killed robin
Spoilers obviously.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgNcsxXE2rQ

Edit:

superman does kill wonder woman

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 29, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

So seems as if the leaks were legit huh

Yes.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Kinda hoping SS tanks and then WB is like "ok Rocksteady, just make a good sequel to Arkham Knight and hope it sells" and then they do and it's good and then we can forget this nonsense ever existed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

Kinda hoping SS tanks and then WB is like "ok Rocksteady, just make a good sequel to Arkham Knight and hope it sells" and then they do and it's good and then we can forget this nonsense ever existed.

If you haven't been paying attention to the video game industry then, uh, I have bad news. What will happen instead is "the studio will close and everyone will be fired."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah Rocksteady is not going to exist by the end of summer probably

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Well I'm kinda hoping they get treated like Bioware, where they get more than one chance to gently caress up. I mean, you can argue that Bioware today is not the same company, but as an entity it still exists and with good luck, Rocksteady will too. But at the end of the day i'm exhausted of bad news in gaming and kinda just don't care either way.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

chaosapiant posted:

I would really like a new Batman game but I don't need it to be more Arkham. Even within the brawler genre, let's do something else.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
An anthology kinda thing would be ideal imo, 4 or so different Bat stories, unburdened by having to try and fit a whole fuckload of the rogues gallery into one story (I was gonna write coherent but the Arkham games sometimes stumbled there a bit). Could have different styles, gameplay focuses, etc.

Could have a detective focused one, a spooky thriller-esque one, a Batman Beyond one where you jump between Bruce in the cave guiding Terry, giving him advice and playing as Terry, etc. A rip roaring pulpy globe trotting one like the Demons Quest episodes of TaS where you fight ninjas or mad monks trying to do some doomsday poo poo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Reportedly some skins can cost up to $40

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I'd actually be happy with current gen remasters of all four Arkham games, with ray tracing and other bells and whistles. I know they just released that collection but that's still a last-gen facelift and they didn't include Origins.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

thebardyspoon posted:

An anthology kinda thing would be ideal imo, 4 or so different Bat stories, unburdened by having to try and fit a whole fuckload of the rogues gallery into one story (I was gonna write coherent but the Arkham games sometimes stumbled there a bit). Could have different styles, gameplay focuses, etc.

Could have a detective focused one, a spooky thriller-esque one, a Batman Beyond one where you jump between Bruce in the cave guiding Terry, giving him advice and playing as Terry, etc. A rip roaring pulpy globe trotting one like the Demons Quest episodes of TaS where you fight ninjas or mad monks trying to do some doomsday poo poo.

I love Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Mr Hootington posted:

Will be on sale by end of February

try already price cut today

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waffleman_ posted:

I love Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions

Batman and Spider-Man games, endlessly copying and iterating on each other, forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lobok posted:

Batman and Spider-Man games, endlessly copying and iterating on each other, forever

I'm still waiting for a Batman game with all the swagger of a black teen.