Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

nine-gear crow posted:

You don't inject the horse paste though, you slurp it out of the tube.

There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's take horse paste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Coolguye posted:

successful is an extremely big word for benny s

he is already a nobody any time he walks outside. no media organization less fringe than newsmax takes him seriously. he doesn't have an audience outside of twitter and would collapse if twitter did.

in terms of financial success, he is almost certainly not much more successful than your average veteran tradesman. an experienced electrician, plumber, welder, etc - probably all make more money than shapiro. arguably they have a more impactful audience, too, since the implicit authority those tradesmen have over more junior tradesmen allows them to not just speak regressive bullshit, but have a reasonable expectation that they will not be instantly blown off because they said it.

people have made fan art of my dumb rear end for making funny let's plays, in spite of the fact i have never done a face reveal and never intend to. i know of at least two people who have gotten said fan art made into posters. i am definitely a loving nobody. that poo poo means a lot less than you'd think.

This is straight up delusional and you completely missed the point.

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

I support prison abolition, except for posters without avatars.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

loving :lol:

Reap and sow

What does trial on quantum mean?

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Mr. Toodles posted:

Superposition of guilt and innocence until you read the verdict

or that's what he calls the breakfast chili that made him forget things

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Mr. Toodles posted:

"Oh boy."

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

"Ziggy!"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

This is straight up delusional and you completely missed the point.

i mean, my counterpoint to you was that you were overvaluing a lot of things on shapiro's perceived fame and success

it turned out i was wrong on the monetary portion of that, which sucks, but i stand by the whole part where he is nowhere near as popular as this thread tends to give him credit for. which includes you, using him as a portent of existential dread.

daily wire is a wingnut's publication and shapiro's most recent hate-movie didn't even manage to make a shock splash outside of that community. twitter is his only real megaphone. there's plenty of reasons to, as you put it, feel "dread for your fellow man", but benny s ain't it, dude.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jan 27, 2024

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

TremorX posted:

There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's take horse paste

Unless you're Ron DeSantis, who uses two fingers

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Coolguye posted:

i mean, my counterpoint to you was that you were overvaluing a lot of things on shapiro's perceived fame and success

it turned out i was wrong on the monetary portion of that, which sucks, but i stand by the whole part where he is nowhere near as popular as this thread tends to give him credit for. which includes you, using him as a portent of existential dread.

You're wrong about all of it and you still missed the point.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

You're wrong about all of it and you still missed the point.
i mean you could, for example, try to clarify what you were saying. but you're super aggro on this topic for some reason so whatever man, enjoy being mad and scared about nothing i guess? namaste.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

I think the short version is benny smalls having any sort of cultural cachet is an indictment of the society that allows that

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Coolguye posted:

i mean you could, for example, try to clarify what you were saying. but you're super aggro on this topic for some reason so whatever man, enjoy being mad and scared about nothing i guess? namaste.

I'm not being aggro. You just keep being wrong and putting words into my mouth.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I think the short version is benny smalls having any sort of cultural cachet is an indictment of the society that allows that

Yeah pretty much, but it's more that the human condition allows for and encourages that sort of thinking and idol worship.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not being aggro. You just keep being wrong and putting words into my mouth.

Yeah pretty much, but it's more that the human condition allows for and encourages that sort of thinking and idol worship.

okay, that's a lot different than "dread for your fellow man".

i can jive with "society's flawed because it's not prosecuting these dangerous psychopaths better" though. maybe try just clarifying instead of going "hey, you're delusional, and me saying that isn't aggro" over a misstatement next time?

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

lol benny aint poo poo, put THAT on the record

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

loving :lol:

Reap and sow

Even this bastard can't be arsed to defend Giuliani.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I don't think anyone gives a poo poo about Ben Sharpio or what he thinks, OP

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ben Shapiro built up a reputation as a "smart guy" by traveling around to college campuses to gish gallop at teenagers about regressive conservative poo poo, he leveraged that into a career of always being the most wrong person in the room no matter where he is

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This thread is a hugbox of conservative "celebrities".

I guarantee if you got Ben Shapiro, Charlie Kirk, Tim Pool, Steven Crowder, Matt Walsh, and Candace Owens in a room together, and then got 1,000 Americans to pick which of them, of any was famous or important, you wouldn't get a single hit.

Let's gently caress with the statistics here. Make it 1,000 CHUDS. I am pretty sure you's still get less than half knowing who any of them are, and nobody knowing who they all are.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

BrigadierSensible posted:

This thread is a hugbox of conservative "celebrities".

I guarantee if you got Ben Shapiro, Charlie Kirk, Tim Pool, Steven Crowder, Matt Walsh, and Candace Owens in a room together, and then got 1,000 Americans to pick which of them, of any was famous or important, you wouldn't get a single hit.

Let's gently caress with the statistics here. Make it 1,000 CHUDS. I am pretty sure you's still get less than half knowing who any of them are, and nobody knowing who they all are.

Ben Shapiro is the rapper
Matt Walsh does that Rescue 911 show
Tim Pool is bald

I know who half of them are :shrug:

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Giuliani shows up to bankruptcy court with his suit, the last nice thing he owns. He spent the last day in Central Park gathering change to get it dry cleaned for the occasion. He hears his long-passed father’s words: “Always look sharp Rudy. You might not be a big deal, but if you always dress like one, you will be some day.”

He walks into court in his suit, head held high, and dignity intact. The court trustee notices his suit, expensive enough to be considered an asset, and seizes it for auction to pay his debts. The court provides him with stained sweatpants and a torn Tupac shirt. He shuffles out of the courtroom, staring at his feet.

On his way to the L train back to the shelter, several officers stop him. “You’ve been selected for a stop and frisk” they say, staring at his Tupac shirt. Giuliani scowls at the officers. “Do you know who I am?! I’m America’s mayor! I invented stop and frisk!” he screams at the officers, through his hosed up teeth. “I did 9/11! That was me! You ought to be thankful!”

Giuliani begins to sob. He sits down, clutches his knees, and begins to rock. “Okay calm down” one officer says, “We’re here to protect and serve, you’re going to be okay.” He turns to his partner and nods, signaling to deploy the taser.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Coolguye posted:

okay, that's a lot different than "dread for your fellow man".

i can jive with "society's flawed because it's not prosecuting these dangerous psychopaths better" though. maybe try just clarifying instead of going "hey, you're delusional, and me saying that isn't aggro" over a misstatement next time?

No I still stand by the dread of/for my fellow man bit. Et al means "and others". Sorry, it's a shorthand a picked up at school. I'm not only or specifically talking about Ben Shapiro. The sort of media he represents exists almost everywhere and it's effective all the time because people are extremely susceptible to that particular kind of messaging.

I said you were being delusional because what you said was utterly unconnected with reality. Ben Shapiro is a rich and famous celebrity with political power in America.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

America's Pauper, Rudolph Giuliani lol

:siren::rudy::siren::lolrudy::siren::rudy::siren:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

No I still stand by the dread of/for my fellow man bit. Et al means "and others". Sorry, it's a shorthand a picked up at school. I'm not only or specifically talking about Ben Shapiro. The sort of media he represents exists almost everywhere and it's effective all the time because people are extremely susceptible to that particular kind of messaging.

I said you were being delusional because what you said was utterly unconnected with reality. Ben Shapiro is a rich and famous celebrity with political power in America.

he's really not though, and that was entirely the point behind what you went off about. he's a conservative talking head that is mostly accomplished at grifting psychos who already agree with his ridiculous message. it sucks that they are able to make a living spewing hateful bile, but dread for, or of, your fellow man is a lot to draw from there. these people are not humanity as a whole, nor do they remotely speak for or influence humanity as a whole.

if we were talking MTG then sure i'd feel like you had a point. but benny s ain't it. we've seen actual conservative rally postings with actually influential and famous people in these threads multiple times. shapiro, and his ilk, don't even get honorable mentions. his most recent hate-movie didn't even make a splash on the outrage circuit. all of this is grounded, actual reality.

benny s ain't it.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jan 27, 2024

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

MrQwerty posted:

America's Pauper, Rudolph Giuliani lol

:siren::rudy::siren::lolrudy::siren::rudy::siren:

:lmao:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Coolguye posted:

he's really not though, and that was entirely the point behind what you went off about. he's a conservative talking head that is mostly accomplished at grifting psychos who already agree with his ridiculous message. it sucks that they are able to make a living spewing hateful bile, but dread for, or of, your fellow man is a lot to draw from there. these people are not humanity as a whole, nor do they remotely speak for or influence humanity as a whole.

if we were talking MTG then sure i'd feel like you had a point. but benny s ain't it. we've seen actual conservative rally postings with actually influential and famous people in these threads multiple times. shapiro, and his ilk, don't even get honorable mentions. his most recent hate-movie didn't even make a splash on the outrage circuit. all of this is grounded, actual reality.

benny s ain't it.

Conservative talking heads are rich and powerful celebrities in America. Do you just like to argue?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
So with everything happening around the border and Biden essentially bending the knee, I feel discouraged and super depressed lately. I don't feel like I have a future in the US much longer.

I am an "anchor baby". My parents were undocumented; they crossed back in the late 80s. I don't know the full story, but apparently my folks swam across sewer water, ran across high speed traffic, hiked up the beach in the freezing night, and were almost separated. Oh, and my mom was two months pregnant with me while she did all this. They have papers now, but it seems like everything they achieved in this country, everything they fought for my brother and me to have will be considered moot in the next Republican administration, because this will not stop at Trump.

I feel like I will be stateless soon. What's to stop republicans from declaring Sakoku with Herrenvolk characteristics? What's to stop six supreme court justices from declaring the 14th doesn't apply retroactively and pull a Dominican Republic? That would be a good way of guaranteeing a good supply of underclass workers who you can do whatever you want with.

I started a Masters recently, and I feel like a fool for doing so, if there is a very real chance that my family and I will be non persons in about a year's time.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Conservative talking heads are rich and powerful celebrities in America. Do you just like to argue?

not by random default, they aren't. do you just like to be aggro about random poo poo? jesus.

tried to be understanding, dude. now you're aggro again. namaste x2, have a nice day.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Ben Shapiro has a net worth of between 20-50 million (depending on the source), that's more than just 'making a living'.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Okuteru posted:

So with everything happening around the border and Biden essentially bending the knee, I feel discouraged and super depressed lately. I don't feel like I have a future in the US much longer.

I am an "anchor baby". My parents were undocumented; they crossed back in the late 80s. I don't know the full story, but apparently my folks swam across sewer water, ran across high speed traffic, hiked up the beach in the freezing night, and were almost separated. Oh, and my mom was two months pregnant with me while she did all this. They have papers now, but it seems like everything they achieved in this country, everything they fought for my brother and me to have will be considered moot in the next Republican administration, because this will not stop at Trump.

I feel like I will be stateless soon. What's to stop republicans from declaring Sakoku with Herrenvolk characteristics? What's to stop six supreme court justices from declaring the 14th doesn't apply retroactively and pull a Dominican Republic? That would be a good way of guaranteeing a good supply of underclass workers who you can do whatever you want with.

I started a Masters recently, and I feel like a fool for doing so, if there is a very real chance that my family and I will be non persons in about a year's time.

i think what you're feeling is super valid, but if it helps, the 2012 post-mortem written out by the most sober republicans explicitly said "we need to ease up on the immigration bullshit and racism because all the data we have says those are massively losing issues on the national stage."

there is no reason to think that has changed.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Ben Shapiro has a net worth of between 20-50 million (depending on the source), that's more than just 'making a living'.

yeah fasho. i didn't realize he had an ownership stake in the daily wire, which makes him substantially more rich than i'd like. but there's a lot of multi-millionaires who are not politically powerful.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Coolguye posted:

not by random default, they aren't. do you just like to be aggro about random poo poo? jesus.

tried to be understanding, dude. now you're aggro again. namaste x2, have a nice day.

What did you try to be understanding about?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Coolguye posted:

i think what you're feeling is super valid, but if it helps, the 2012 post-mortem written out by the most sober republicans explicitly said "we need to ease up on the immigration bullshit and racism because all the data we have says those are massively losing issues on the national stage."

there is no reason to think that has changed.

I don't know if it is a losing issue anymore. 2012 is a lifetime ago in politics.

The problem is that is is loving hard to come into the US legally. There is a line, but it took my folks 20 years to get naturalized, and that was with a family member who was legal.

Okuteru fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 27, 2024

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Okuteru posted:

I don't know if it is a losing issue anymore. 2012 is a lifetime ago in politics.

The problem is that is is loving hard to come into the US legally. There is a line, but it took my folks 20 years to get naturalized, and that was with a family member who was legal.

there's no data to suggest it is a winning issue on the national stage, and still a number of anecdotes that suggest it is a losing one. texas's lunatics garnered support from altogether too many like-minded lunatics, but they lost a lot of otherwise blood-red states. that fracture means something.

your other point is 100% true and has been for way longer than 2012, and that is a travesty. i don't know enough on the topic to say more than that, though. another poster mentioned that another 2000 judges are getting added to immigration cases as part of the deal biden is cutting, but i don't have the slightest concept of how much that helps the line.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

there's no data to suggest it is a winning issue on the national stage, and still a number of anecdotes that suggest it is a losing one. texas's lunatics garnered support from altogether too many like-minded lunatics, but they lost a lot of otherwise blood-red states. that fracture means something.

your other point is 100% true and has been for way longer than 2012, and that is a travesty. i don't know enough on the topic to say more than that, though. another poster mentioned that another 2000 judges are getting added to immigration cases as part of the deal biden is cutting, but i don't have the slightest concept of how much that helps the line.
There is data though? Vast marjority of republicans and a majority of democrats want to increase border security

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2022/09/08/republicans-and-democrats-have-different-top-priorities-for-u-s-immigration-policy/

Dems also want to make it easier to get legit asylum which this bill also should do.

CaptainZot
Aug 11, 2000

Thesaurus posted:

And yet he's drinking Starbucks smh . Maybe if he made coffee at home he could save up an emergency fund

Like many before him, driven to ruin thanks to the pumpkin’s spice.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

credburn posted:

Ben Shapiro is the rapper
Matt Walsh does that Rescue 911 show
Tim Pool is bald

I know who half of them are :shrug:

Tim Pool thinks magic is real and fluoridation is a plot to stop people from becoming wizards, that’s what I remember

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Biden getting tough on the border, funding the gov’t and working bipartisan, wow

Surely this will be a feather in his cap with conservatives and chuds and his approval rating will jump with them

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Pirate Radar posted:

Tim Pool thinks magic is real and fluoridation is a plot to stop people from becoming wizards, that’s what I remember

That's so loving stupid. You can't stop a wizard with fluoride. It's not even flammable.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Thesaurus posted:

Didn't Rudy's attorney call that judgement the "death peny"?

I want to see these people in burlap sacks.

No debat there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Lol at being scared of Benny Shapiro. When he hisses and arcs his back, just pick him up by the scruff of his neck. Give him a quick scratch and then give him his favorite toy (a single piece of bagged wood). He’ll calm down, curl up, and fall asleep real quick.