Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Judge Tesla posted:

Silksong will launch

Let's not be too over the top here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I would like to correct my earlier statement regarding lego city undercover.
While it remains hilarious for kids, obstructive teammate npcs and incidental interrupting idiot cop Frank can get irritating.

Game devs, save the effort and just don't include npcs that do nothing but get in the way.

The cars handle really poorly too, but that fits if you consider the suspension and tires on lego cars.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Lego Undercover the most realistic cop game.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

BonoMan posted:

my local news (WRAL in Raleigh) just had a bit about the new Switch... while only showing marketing b-roll of the PS5 slim lol.

Video games, they’re more than just Pac-Man now…

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
from the bleeps and bloops of arcades to your home theater, video games have come a long way

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Coming up after the break, the Super Mario Brothers sequel that originally... wasn't. :smug:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

hatty posted:

from the bleeps and bloops of arcades to your home theater, video games have come a long way

since Pac-Man

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Dragon's Dogma, better on the Switch or the Deck? $5 on both right now.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
On the deck you can mod "Into Free" back in. The choice is clear

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think the install is smaller on the switch but the deck would have better performance. It doesn't really have any issues on switch but I'm sure deck is a higher frame rate

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Kevyn posted:

I’d be down for a flooded Hyrule map, but instead of a boat you have a kick rear end jet ski

Wind Waker would probably have been significantly improved if you had a fast jet ski and could do tricks while jumping over waves, rather than that sailing boat

glassyalabolas posted:

Next Zelda game will focus on Tingle.

That would genre swap it into horror, though

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

Lego Undercover the most realistic cop game.

Pretty sure that award goes to Police Quest 1 for giving you a game over via flat tire if you don't follow procedure to walk a full lap around your car before getting into it. :D

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

B33rChiller posted:

While it remains hilarious for kids, obstructive teammate npcs and incidental interrupting idiot cop Frank can get irritating.

Game devs, save the effort and just don't include npcs that do nothing but get in the way.

The cars handle really poorly too, but that fits if you consider the suspension and tires on lego cars.

I like the little detective music that plays while you're following footprints

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

Bofast posted:

Wind Waker would probably have been significantly improved if you had a fast jet ski and could do tricks while jumping over waves, rather than that sailing boat

That would genre swap it into horror, though

We already have rosy rupee land and the balloon fight one, we don't need Ten Nights at Tingle's.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Couple other good sales on the eshop right now;

Dying Light Definitive Edition & Call of Jaurez Gunslinger bundle($10.79)

Giga Wrecker Alt($3.74)

Scribblenauts Mega Pack($4.99)

Resident Evil 4($9.99)

Okami HD($9.99)

Chroma Squad($5.99)

Doom Classic($1.99)

Doom II Classic($1.99)

Doom 64($1.99)

Doom 3($3.99)

Doom 2016($7.99)

Doom Slayers Collection($14.99)

Doom Eternal($9.99)

Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition($17.49)

Quake($3.29)

Quake II($3.99)

DUSK($13.99)

South Park The Stick of Truth($8.99)

South Park The Fractured But Whole Gold Edition($17.99)

Probably more but that was what was on my wishlist

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Blasphemous is 60% off, down to 7.99GBP
Darkest Dungeon Ancestral Edition is 60% off, 12.00GBP
Yoku's Island Express is 80% off, 3.19GBP
And the first Dragon's Dogma is 83% off at 4.24GBP which is a steal, though the sequel comes out any moment

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Nothing on my wishlist but Sail Forth is up for grabs in the EU. Never found out if that was any good. Got too much to play at the moment to get it. So much for no back-log... that lasted for about a year. and then TotK came out and blocked my progress in everything else while I kept buying games.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

B33rChiller posted:

I remember when it was becoming clear that the Wii U game situation was dire and prospects were looking bleak, people in that thread were singing this game’s praises and even 11 years ago I found it extremely mid

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Mr.Acula posted:

watch bloodborne be on switch2 at launch

Hear me out. Elden ring on the switch 2. Id buy it again.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

And it will run about as well as Dark Souls 1 does on the current models

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Got around to giving Metroid Dread a try and yeah I'm really not liking it so far, not particularly far at all and I think there's a very good chance I've somehow managed to softlock myself into an inescapable situation

Also didn't think it was possible for them to top the SA-X in terms of "incredibly annoying and anxiety inducing invincible enemy" but they managed to do so with the EMMI

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Never mind I figured out what I was doing wrong, still hate those robots though

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
*trembling intensifies*

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr.Acula posted:

And it will run about as well as Dark Souls 1 does on the current models

as in prefectly acceptable? sign me up!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Soul Dentist posted:

*trembling intensifies*

Man gently caress you

Anyways so this post isn't just me saying that, tried out Pokemon Legends Arceus, so far pretty charming, I remember back in the day when I used to watch the anime seeing little glimpses here and there of what things were like in the past regarding Human/Pokemon interactions and wanting to see more so having a whole game centered around that premise is neat

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

48 Hour Boner posted:

We already have rosy rupee land and the balloon fight one, we don't need Ten Nights at Tingle's.

I completely agree. I want nothing to do with a Tingle horror game :colbert:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

drrockso20 posted:

Man gently caress you

Anyways so this post isn't just me saying that, tried out Pokemon Legends Arceus, so far pretty charming, I remember back in the day when I used to watch the anime seeing little glimpses here and there of what things were like in the past regarding Human/Pokemon interactions and wanting to see more so having a whole game centered around that premise is neat

I really enjoyed Arceus, but never beat it. I should really do that.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

drrockso20 posted:

*beep boop chirps from somewhere off screen* :tinfoil:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Metal Gear games 20% off right now

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
:lol:, I built a flamethrower tank in TotK and then I managed to set it on fire. And the forest. And the grass. And myself.

Pro-tip: Don't make flamethrower tanks out of wood. :shepface:

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Libluini posted:

:lol:, I built a flamethrower tank in TotK and then I managed to set it on fire. And the forest. And the grass. And myself.

That's the DaVinci cousin nobody talks about.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Metal Gear games 20% off right now

Think the ports are doo doo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Libluini posted:

"Nice job, Icarus." :milk:

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

drrockso20 posted:

Got around to giving Metroid Dread a try and yeah I'm really not liking it so far, not particularly far at all and I think there's a very good chance I've somehow managed to softlock myself into an inescapable situation

Also didn't think it was possible for them to top the SA-X in terms of "incredibly annoying and anxiety inducing invincible enemy" but they managed to do so with the EMMI

drrockso20 posted:

I had similar issues playing the demo but I ended up really liking the full game, it’s not perfect but still really good. I hope things turn around and you have a similar experience. Never did end up liking the EMMIs though.

Playing Dread prompted me to replay other Metroid games, which reminded me that most of the quibbles I had weren’t new problems, they’re series staples. “Guess the destructible block to find the critical path” has never been good, and some of the controls have always been unnecessarily obtuse. It’s impressive that the series is still so good in spite of that.

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
the switch isn't designed for kids it's for weird adults who think princess zelda is peak western trad femininity

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

*audience groans*

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

euroshopper posted:

the switch isn't designed for kids it's for weird adults who think princess zelda is peak western trad femininity

the main character has arrived

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

euroshopper posted:

Nobody make this poster the main character of the thread! They hate that.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Thanks for reminding me I forgot to play Metroid Dread, and reminding me as well how awesome Fusion and the SA-X were. If Dread even comes close to replicating that feeling (and if I can still feel it) then it should be at the top of my "to play" list.

After I finally beat Skyrim. Surely I will actually finish the game this time...

Regarding skyrim anniversary (the one with all the CC stuff included), anybody notice there are less game ending bugs? Or is it just me.

Like sure, every once in awhile a sabre cat corpse will comically fall through the Earth, and a lot of the small annoying bugs remain (whiterun's gildergleam still doesn't get replaced correctly). But no NPC has just dissapeared from the game, no quest dialogue has gotten locked up and stopped me from progressing, the one time I clipped through the world I traversed time and space to end up in a different part of the dungeon. Did the last switch version tighten things up, or should I knock on wood?

Actually, one more thing I wonder. I know sometimes when I load game, my bonus carry weight isn't acknowledged right away, and this can trigger the increased rate of fatigue unless I offload stuff and pick it back up. Is there a similar problem with warmth rating of CC armor? (Orcish scaled or daedric mail for example).

Sometimes even with a torch, a hot meal, and a horse, in the daytime, I have to strategically run from campfire to campfire to traverse the north. Just seems like I get cold insanely fast sometimes, leaving almost no time for combat or exploration. The time it takes to kill a few Sabre cats and bears, or a small gang of bandits, is too long on legendary to endure without a constant hot soup intake.

Sorry for the amount of words enjoy your games don't forget to get high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

BRJurgis posted:

constant hot soup intake.

That's how I survived the frigid mountains in Zelda.