Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

Triple Uncle Daddy Paul is wholly innocent! There's no way someone in the third decade of the 21st century could know what was going on in a different part of the country.

If you choose to be a part of WWE in the year of our Lord 20 and 24, gently caress you.

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffucky \\ you!

I watched wrestling as a kid, too. gently caress off.

Okkult fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jan 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

this guy seems to have the right idea

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Okkult posted:

Triple Uncle Daddy Paul is wholly innocent! There's no way someone in the third decade of the 21st century could know what was going on in a different part of the country.

If you choose to be a part of WWE in the year of our Lord 20 and 24, gently caress you.

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffucky \\ you!

I watched wrestling as a kid, too. gently caress off.

I like the way you think.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Finding out that Vince could only comprehend the idea of people cheering for the underdog when it involved dildos was not something I expected to learn today.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

he reresigned

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vince re-signed

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
O/U on number of months before Vince is taking huge Hurricanrana-centric bumps through tables in CMLL: 6

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Jerusalem posted:

I hope whatever miserable years left he has on the planet are spent absolutely enraged that he was ultimately as disposable to "his" company as every other employee (they're ALL employees, not loving independent contractors) he discarded over the decades without a second thought the moment it was remotely beneficial to him.

I also hope he spends whatever miserable years left he has on the planet in prison, but that's sadly less likely.

It's been a while hope you are doing well Jerusalem.

Prison is very unlikely but I could definitely see civil cases in the not too distant future. I'm almost certain this is just scratching the surface. Like the guy in my avatar a snowball effect could potentially happen since he has lost his power and lawyers are licking their lips. Looking in from the outside will be torture for him so there's that I guess. He'll probably try and come back since he can't help himself but I'm pretty sure he's toast this time. He's going to claim it's all lies and she 'wanted it' and a minority of people will lap it up because the truth is too much to bare but it's too late to be honest. Huge mainstream news organizations are on this and if it gets clicks they may dig a little deeper and boy there's a treasure trove of shady dealings, a murder cover up the list goes on and on. His reputation is tarnished forever there's nothing he can do which is ironic since he worked so hard to get the WWE to where it is today.

I haven't watched in a while but yeah we all knew Vince was a sick gently caress. A show by Vince to Vince. Things I can list off the top of my head include:
  • Katie Vick angle. Vince was personally directing in the funeral home according to Triple H.
  • Trish being exploited by Vince and barking like a dog. Making out with women in front of his wife.
  • DDP/Taker stalker angle Vince was the voice.
  • Saying he wanted to see Taker's wife g*ngraped by a biker gang. I mean.. That was weird even then...
  • Multiple Incest angles. Once is too much but he kept trying to make it work. Why?

I honestly can't believe this only happened a few years ago. The thought of old rear end mustache Vince squatting and doing that deed is just.. :barf: Brock also kinda caught me off guard. He seemed like the guy that just shows up to work and keeps himself to himself so yeah didn't see that coming either. The fact that she's a brunette is also somewhat surprising since we all know he has a taste for blondes but when opportunity knocks Vince knows how to squeeze blood out of stone. Vince finally gets the mainstream attention he wanted I guess. :sigh:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

It's been a while hope you are doing well Jerusalem.

Prison is very unlikely but I could definitely see civil cases in the not too distant future. I'm almost certain this is just scratching the surface. Like the guy in my avatar a snowball effect could potentially happen since he has lost his power and lawyers are licking their lips. Looking in from the outside will be torture for him so there's that I guess. He'll probably try and come back since he can't help himself but I'm pretty sure he's toast this time. He's going to claim it's all lies and she 'wanted it' and a minority of people will lap it up because the truth is too much to bare but it's too late to be honest. Huge mainstream news organizations are on this and if it gets clicks they may dig a little deeper and boy there's a treasure trove of shady dealings, a murder cover up the list goes on and on. His reputation is tarnished forever there's nothing he can do which is ironic since he worked so hard to get the WWE to where it is today.

I haven't watched in a while but yeah we all knew Vince was a sick gently caress. A show by Vince to Vince. Things I can list off the top of my head include:
  • Katie Vick angle. Vince was personally directing in the funeral home according to Triple H.
  • Trish being exploited by Vince and barking like a dog. Making out with women in front of his wife.
  • Saying he wanted to see Taker's wife g*ngraped by a biker gang. I mean.. That was weird even then...
  • Multiple Incest angles. Once is too much but he kept trying to make it work. Why?

Don't forget during the Vince-Steph feud how Steph bought up out of the blue that Vince had her go on dates with older men as a teenager in order to secure deals. Even if that was kayfabe, what kind of monster would even joke about pimping out his own daughter?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Testekill posted:

Don't forget during the Vince-Steph feud how Steph bought up out of the blue that Vince had her go on dates with older men as a teenager in order to secure deals. Even if that was kayfabe, what kind of monster would even joke about pimping out his own daughter?

Then he booked Eric Bischoff to make out with his daughter after just wearing a Vince mask.

Vince has Dario Argento levels of issues with his daughter and wife.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Vince wanted Kane to have a hilariously ginormous prosthetic penis in See No Evil, and there was also that one weird Eddie/Big Show angle that involved Show getting the shits from Eddie's mexican food and Eddie reenacting the milk truck bit with a sewage truck.

Somebody else in Creative might have made that angle, but it has all the hallmarks of something that Vince would sweep aside other matches for and declare would make ratings.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The worst part is the hypocrisy!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Vince McMahon is also mad at giraffes because, even though they are bigger, (and therefore better), than most other animals on the savannah, they still choose to be herbivores.

The man is a stain on humanity.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I guess in hindsight it is good that Vince came back after he first left. He basically came back and sealed his own fate - putting the company into a position where if he were to get the boot again, like now, he can't come back. Also I wouldn't be surprised if him coming back was part of the reason this lawsuit came to pass. Imagine being the victim here and seeing this loving monster weasel his way back into the company, smiling and gloating about the success of the sale. Maybe it was the final push to step up and bring him down. I just hope it hurts him so much. I hope what Meltzer predicts about him going out kicking and screaming is true

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It’s mostly cause dumbass stopped ongoing payments for the nda lmao.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Yeah as the Voices of Wrestling guys note, if Vince didn't welch on 2 million out of the 3 million promised the NDA would still hold.

He treated it like so many wrestling contracts and ignored the actual terms

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i thought that NDAs relating to sexual abuse could no longer be enforced?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That DICK! posted:

It’s mostly cause dumbass stopped ongoing payments for the nda lmao.

I think there's something to the "him coming back and getting more power/no consequences made him think he was untouchable" thing. Suit being filed recently, payments stopped recently, timing works. Like, he didn't accidentally stop paying, he stopped because he thought he'd get away with it and life would reward him like it rewarded him with the return, him with the sale, him with the Netflix negotiation (they were already doing a documentary on him and it opened the door to Raw talks which were definitely at least ongoing, if not advanced/progressing to done, when he stopped paying)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Netflix currently scrabbling around to see if there's any kind of a morality clause in their contract, no doubt.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lamuella posted:

Netflix currently scrabbling around to see if there's any kind of a morality clause in their contract, no doubt.

Given they were super cool with platforming bigotry, it would be optimistic to expect them to have any qualms about this

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Netflix routinely cancels shows after 2 seasons to get out of paying unions. They love the WWE.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

JUNGLE BOY posted:

as of december '22, yeah

not being paid is a good indicator the NDA is no longer valid anyway

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Lamuella posted:

Im pretty sure Netflix put the screws to WWE to get rid of Vince. Now that he's gone you wont hear a word from Netflix and the deal will go through.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

noooo

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

JUNGLE BOY posted:

As someone who has been gaslit into believing false things in the past, yes, but I don't think the victim realized that until she spoke with an actual attorney.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Considering a lawyer handled her nda, she knew. NDAs are hosed up but victims do regularly prefer them because it allows them to move on with their life. It’s hard to overemphasize how fuckin stupid Vince is

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Unperson_47 posted:

They should edit Vince Mcmahon out of all WWE footage. (and also put him and any enablers in jail)

a CGI'd Jake the Snake would still be the superior Higher Power option

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/hamanicart617/status/1751033273545892086?s=46&t=qMC4CWrJTLL6muchfMx13w

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

That DICK! posted:

Considering a lawyer handled her nda, she knew. NDAs are hosed up but victims do regularly prefer them because it allows them to move on with their life. It’s hard to overemphasize how fuckin stupid Vince is

Did she have her own lawyer at the time, or one that worked for Vince or was recommended by Vince, though?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Has anyone kept an eye on the secondary market for Rumble tickets? I'm curious if it crashed with the lawsuit coming out.

(I feel like I know the answer to this - it didn't crash - but I'm hopeful there was at least more than a handful of people looking to get out of their tickets in light of the news.)

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Of course not, WWE lovers don’t give a poo poo and will pay the inflated ticket prices.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Did she have her own lawyer at the time, or one that worked for Vince or was recommended by Vince, though?

I believe I read in the complaint that as Vince was trying to rush-order her to sign, her lawyer was telling her there was no actual hurry. I could totally be wrong it’s been a wacky 48 in PSP Land

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

quote:

218. On January 27, 2022, just eight days after Ms. Grant had hired an attorney,
McMahon left Ms. Grant a lengthy audio message explaining why they needed to go through with
the NDA, pushing her to hurry up and sign the NDA and advising that he would be “double hosed”
if she did not (presumably referring to both his divorce and report to the Board of Directors).
219. Between on January 27, 2022 and January 28, 2022, there were unresolved edits
that led to panicked phone calls, including an attorney confidentiality clause and signatory line
that Ms. Grant’s counsel said he would never sign. Also, the deadline to sign the NDA was pushed
up from January 31 to January 28, 2022.
220. McMahon continued pressuring Ms. Grant with calls, during which he pleaded,
demanded, threatened, and begged her sign the NDA and reminded her that by not signing, she
would jeopardize him, the company, and his family, and that she would surely become the subject
of national headlines and ruin her reputation if she did not sign the NDA by the start of WWE’s
live programming schedule on January 28. He reassured her that nothing would change between
them, and she would emerge with her reputation intact if she would simply sign the NDA.
221. In a state of mental defeat and fear from McMahon’s threats, Ms. Grant succumbed
to his unrelenting pressure and signed the NDA just before the deadline on January 28, 2022.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Slim Jim back, all is fixed. The one bad person is gone.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Johnson Family Easter

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the one Author of Pain's double hairline is freaking me out

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh poo poo that's Kross. I stared at that for a minute wondering what the gently caress happened to Fandango's face.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TheKingslayer posted:

Oh poo poo that's Kross. I stared at that for a minute wondering what the gently caress happened to Fandango's face.

Dude, that's Bobby Lashley........

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

yea ok posted:

Slim Jim back, all is fixed. The one bad person is gone.

Thank god. So who is hyped for the ROYAL RUMBLE?!? 👀👀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TheKingslayer posted:

Then he booked Eric Bischoff to make out with his daughter after just wearing a Vince mask.

Vince has Dario Argento levels of issues with his daughter and wife.

Wasn't he literally sexually abused by his mother as a child? Or was that someone else?

E: this is only to say that it would not be surprising at all for him to have issues with daughters and wives after that, not to excuse any of the poo poo he's done.