Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

James Madison said nullification was bullshit

James Madison was a weak piece of poo poo who could be pointed to for alot of the shot we got going on politically. The U.S. would be a lot better country of we had one chamber, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Shageletic posted:

70 yrs ago you could machine gun a bus full of black children and go to trial then be let off with a jury of white racists. Today kinda pales in comparision.

MAGA

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

VERY unfair for Joe Biden to use the justice department for this WITCH HUNT!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Shageletic posted:

James Madison was a weak piece of poo poo who could be pointed to for alot of the shot we got going on politically. The U.S. would be a lot better country of we had one chamber, for example.

he let the supreme court create itself

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

I'd like to solve the puzzle.

Candace Cameroon K-hole

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

pro click

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

he let the supreme court create itself

winning as the defendant in a supreme court case gave the court unlimited power this madison guy is an rear end in a top hat

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

loll

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

winning as the defendant in a supreme court case gave the court unlimited power this madison guy is an rear end in a top hat

these founding father guys sound problematic

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Humble Bragg

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

nutty knockers

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

RandomBlue posted:

pissbutter

:hmmyes:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

Just 3 years ago we had the strongest and safest Border in U.S. History. Today we have a catastrophe waiting to happen. It is the WORST BORDER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD, an open wound in our once great Country. TERRORISTS ARE POURING IN, UNCHECKED, FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD. There is now a 100% chance that there will be MAJOR TERROR ATTACKS IN THE USA. CLOSE THE BORDER!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

Just 3 years ago we had the strongest and safest Border in U.S. History. Today we have a catastrophe waiting to happen. It is the WORST BORDER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD, an open wound in our once great Country. TERRORISTS ARE POURING IN, UNCHECKED, FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD. There is now a 100% chance that there will be MAJOR TERROR ATTACKS IN THE USA. CLOSE THE BORDER!

good news
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1751044359569490418

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lol worse than Trump

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
And the cruelty will earn him zero votes.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Now I want Trump and Marcos to meet up, one for Trump praising Marcos father as a great statesman (we love our dictators, don't we folks?) and two for making the ultimate "Bing Bong Bong" joke.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

A BAD BORDER DEAL IS FAR WORSE THAN NO BORDER DEAL!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
clothes the berder

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Build the wall

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Make Canada pay for it!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Weirdly according to the GOP the border is only broken in Texas. Wonder what they're doing wrong over there?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

genocide joe: let's be clear, im not opposed to concentration camps but let's make them more equitable

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1751255376270401958

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

yeaj, i'm hang'n w hium rn

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

Lawyer L. Lin Wood was so invested in proving that now former President Donald Trump was the winner of the 2020 election that he and 'Kraken' lawyer Sidney Powell chartered a private jet to Washington to deliver 'the holy grail of evidence' to the White House.

It was a thumb drive that contained a videotaped deposition from Leamsy Salazar, a former security chief for the late Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who made wild claims about Smartmatic software and Dominion voting machines rigging elections.

The assertions were easily debunked - discredited by Trump's own campaign - but showed how Wood had gone from high-profile lawyer to paranoid QAnon adherent, whose enemies included Elon Musk, the FBI and Antifa and who feared his adversaries wanted to poison his breakfast.

Those details are contained in the forthcoming book, Find Me the Votes, by Michael Isikoff and Daniel Klaidman, which focuses on the efforts in Georgia to overturn the 2020 result.

Wood became a household name after representing Richard Jewell - falsely accused of the 1996 Atlanta Olympics bombing - and later the family of JonBenét Ramsey and the dead Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain. Wood briefly represented Kyle Rittenhouse.

'His erratic behavior and conspiracy-laden outbursts had estranged him from his large adult kids and grandchild. His law partners had sued him, describing unhinged middle-of-the-night maniacal and abusive behavior,' Isikoff and Klaidman said.

Wood had 'embraced an apocalyptic strain of Christian nationalism' and had emailed his law partners, at one point, a message that they better get on their 'knees and pray' and hope God 'now asks me to show you mercy' during a disagreement over attorney's fees.

'If he does, I will show it, if he does not, I will deliver a fiery judgment against you on earth,' the email said. 'Who the gently caress did you think you were dealing with?'

Some sources told the authors that they believed Wood's 'descent into the swamp of conspiracy theories and paranoia,' as they put it, occurred after he lost a high-profile defamation trial to Musk in 2019.

Wood represented British cave diver Vernon Unsworth, who Musk referred to as 'pedo guy' after he criticized the Tesla owner's efforts to build a mini-submarine to assist in the rescue of 12 Thai boys and their soccer coach who were trapped in a flooded cave in 2018.

Not long after he lost the case, Wood is heard in an audio recording accusing his law partners and his son Matt of conspiring to 'fix the jury and the whole Unsworth case in a special op.'

That's the Hugo Chavez link? A deposition.

quote:

In March 2020, Wood hired Dave Hancock, a former Navy SEAL and security consultant, to harden his computer and phones against what he said were 'deep state' intrusions.

Hancock told the authors that he observed a man in 'deep distress' who believed Musk and other tech billionaires, Peter Thiel and Mark Zuckerberg, were out to get him.

The tech entrepreneurs, Wood told Hancock, 'had conspired with the CIA and his children, using subliminal Facebook messaging, to convince him to go to a psychiatrist,' Isikoff and Klaidman wrote.

'It was, he claimed, a "special op" meant to discredit him and keep him from being appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court,' the authors continued.

Lol supreme court justice L Lin Wood

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

L Lin Wood's large adult kids

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

has trimp trooofed today yet?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

That May, Wood bought a plantation in South Carolina's low country, called Tromotley, and had Hancock come and beef up security.

'Wood, according to a member of Hancock's team, was convinced that the FBI or Antifa (the villains would change according to his moods) were lurking on the grounds outside Tromotley plotting to snatch him,' the authors wrote. 'He fretted that enemies might be poisoning his breakfast.'

Wood also made Hancock the president of his non-profit, the 'Fight Back Foundation,' which was supposed to raise money to help those fight for their constitutional rights, with Rittenhouse serving as the figurehead.

Rittenhouse fired Wood calling him 'insane' adding 'because he was, like going on with all this QAnon stuff.'

Rittenhouse's mother said she also suspected Wood was keeping the money for himself.

When Hancock pressed Wood about a $100,000 expenditure in late October and said the lawyer needed 'accountability,' Wood insinuated to the former Navy SEAL that he was the 'son of God,' the authors wrote.

quote:

Hancock called Wood 'ridiculous' and a 'clown' to which Wood punched him and grabbed Hancock's 9mm off the security official's belt.

Local sheriff's deputies arrived to the scene.

Hancock declined to press charges but stopped working for Wood after that.

If anybody needs a book written about them, it's L Lin Wood

gregday
May 23, 2003

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

AppleNippleBOB posted:

yeaj, i'm hang'n w hium rn

Yo, Vapo! :whatup:

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Lmao

https://twitter.com/AndyOstroy/status/1750840669898150033?t=BREoKSmJxYySVLF_X79zmA&s=19

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
He looks so loving deranged lmfao

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Trump declares “Coffin Flop” isn’t staged.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

He looks worse than he did when they roided him up after having covid. drat.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
I'm going to be fair and say that when Termp said "someone running for office" he meant himself, because he believes that a person running for office should be immune to any sort of legal challenges.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

https://twitter.com/neroIiker/status/1681635743851065345?t=QD28kFZAiZMsbJHb6nkweQ&s=19

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

emfive posted:

I'm going to be fair and say that when Termp said "someone running for office" he meant himself, because he believes that a person running for office should be immune to any sort of legal challenges.

He also said something like 'someone under federal indictment can't run for president'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

It's awesome that gullible judge in California is laying the foundation to make weed illegal again for the same stupid reasons they banned it in 1899, cool

e I am just being lovely please do not panic

Inspector Hound has issued a correction as of 18:56 on Jan 27, 2024