Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Outpost22 posted:

What the gently caress do republicans even want the godamn government to do?

They want a government where an in group, people like them, are protected but not bound to the law.

They also want an out group that the law binds, but does not protect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Serious_Cyclone posted:

right-wing clout addicts are wringing their hands about if the pilot has a peen

So you're saying they'd be OK with a trans woman or NB person who was amab, got it

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Okuteru posted:

They want a government where an in group, people like them, are protected but not bound to the law.

They also want an out group that the law binds, but does not protect.

gently caress you got mine is also an accurate summary. Or rules for thee, not for me.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

At this point in time is the American flag a hate symbol akin to the Nazi swastika? Should we view people that wear America regalia as no different to a proud Nazi in full uniform?

my dude, this is the lol thread, please dial it back just a titch, thanks

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

So you're saying they'd be OK with a trans woman or NB person who was amab, got it

Listen, the criteria for a pilot are simple and self evident:
- white
- man (cis)
- straight
- married
- Christian (no Catholics)
- card carrying republican
- drinks raw milk
- unvaccinated
- no college (not indoctrinated)
- barefoot is legal
- owns AR-15
- convicted of insurrection against federal government
- has never been to a city over 100k inhabitants
- drives an American made truck and rolls coal

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Because the dude who laughed at his step-son's death is such a tough guy. I know when I think of people prepped to fight, Dilbert immediately pops into my mind.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

loving :lol:

Reap and sow

The last couple points about Trump really highlight their cognitive dissonance.
:byodood: -- "THEY WON'T LET TRUMP SPEAK IN HIS OWN DEFENSE IN THESE CASES. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY."
He WAS found guilty. That's why he can't just say he's innocent. That case is over.
:byodood: -- "FAKE NEWS!"

Coolguye posted:

i think what you're feeling is super valid, but if it helps, the 2012 post-mortem written out by the most sober republicans explicitly said "we need to ease up on the immigration bullshit and racism because all the data we have says those are massively losing issues on the national stage."

there is no reason to think that has changed.

The problem is most of what they are championing on the national stage are losing issues. The problem is the entrenched gerrymandering makes it impossible to get legit representation for people. Even in Michigan, my district was about to flip to blue or at least become very purple. When they redid the district borders, we're now solidly red again because they ran it through the central part of Michigan.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

There is absolutely no comparison between a Nazi in full SS uniform and a chud decked out in American flag print

The Nazi uniform was designed by Hugo Boss, for chrissake

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What's new and cool among conservatives right now is hating America. You can't fly the American flag anymore, because it's Joe Biden's America. Military recruitment in red areas has collapsed, because the military is considered woke by them now.

I don't think they're refusing because woke. I think they can't pass MEPS because obesity or other health issues.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Candace Owens is simply living grifter clickbait. She says outrageously dangerous and stupid things to get clicks, interactions, and attention and it works. Unfortunately, I've seen a handful of people tricked by her grift because it's not a bigoted white male saying those things but she's parroting them and thus, to them, confirming the bigoted white males' grievances so they MUST be true, right?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1751236567740624938?s=20

More details

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

loving :lol:

Reap and sow

Did we ever get an answer what "Trial on quantum" means?

Edit: :doh: a quick Google indicates it's just a legal term meaning it was just about the amount of damages, as guilt was already determined (by default, since Trump refused to participate.) I was expecting some dumbshit sovcit thing. :downs:

No lols here.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 27, 2024

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
please ignore that I just lost 83 million dollars, media

please

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

:siren::rudy::siren::lolrudy::siren::rudy::siren:

Lol Rudy Giuliani is broke as poo poo

:siren::rudy::siren::lolrudy::siren::rudy::siren:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Why the gently caress is a woman flying a plane scary?

Holy poo poo that is the most stupid thing yet

Do you need a loving penis to fly a God drat plane? Do you fly it with your dick? Is it because it's called a cockpit?

Holy loving poo poo I hate these idiots so much

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 27, 2024

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Wow, 300,000 migrant encounters? That's almost $280 per person of your defamation lawsuit payout!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

He's hasn't posted about Carroll since the verdict but I don't know if he has enough self control to not bring her up during a rally

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

TulliusCicero posted:

Do you need a loving punishment to fly a God drat plane? Do you fly it with your dick? Is it because it's called a cockpit?

You are operating under the assumption that Candace Owens believes the things that she says

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Who's' that person that posted this because that's so badly worded and pro-Giuliani.

It's ignoring the obvious money hiding and moving that's happened. People that only have $351 can't live the life he lives.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

Do you need a loving penis to fly a God drat plane? Do you fly it with your dick? Is it because it's called a cockpit?

Apropos of nothing, and this will really expose my dumb nerd mind for ridicule, but this reminds me that in the old PS2 mecha game Zone of Enders, the cockpit is literally mounted on the crotch of the mecha like an articulated codpiece, and all of the cutscenes are edited to hide this.

Still a fun game though

Edit: quoted the wrong post :downs:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

So where's the money that lets him continue to live his lifestyle still coming from?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This is when his handlers' influence breaks and he lines up defamation suit 3.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Tag yourself I'm the unbranded pile of something granular that's called "aspartame"

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

TulliusCicero posted:

The implication is that a large number of women pilots only got the job because they are women, not because they are qualified. It's their whole "DEI is bad" bullshit.

Mistle posted:

Tag yourself I'm the unbranded pile of something granular that's called "aspartame"

I'm MSG.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Edit: wrong thread.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
BIG FARMA

Puckanas
Dec 11, 2004

An extraordinary moron!
drat, imagine having such a poor level of self control that you balloon up your defamation suit damage payout from $5 million to $83 million and change. Sad!

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Ads by da share z0ne

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ElectricSheep posted:

Ads by da share z0ne

Finally hit the bigtime

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Who's' that person that posted this because that's so badly worded and pro-Giuliani.

It's ignoring the obvious money hiding and moving that's happened. People that only have $351 can't live the life he lives.

Yeah, isn’t he still chauffeured around in a big car?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

steinrokkan posted:

Listen, the criteria for a pilot are simple and self evident:
- white
- man (cis)
- straight
- married
- Christian (no Catholics)
- card carrying republican
- drinks raw milk
- unvaccinated
- no college (not indoctrinated)
- barefoot is legal
- owns AR-15
- convicted of insurrection against federal government
- has never been to a city over 100k inhabitants
- drives an American made truck and rolls coal

Wait

Are you saying Trump can't fly a plane??

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Stoatbringer posted:

Yeah, isn’t he still chauffeured around in a big car?

hosed if I know but the suit he's wearing costs more than the twice the average weeks wage in America.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Outpost22 posted:

What the gently caress do republicans even want the godamn government to do?

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What's new and cool among conservatives right now is hating America. You can't fly the American flag anymore, because it's Joe Biden's America. Military recruitment in red areas has collapsed, because the military is considered woke by them now.

This is all it is. "Put Republicans in power"

They don't want good things to happen if it results in someone other than Republicans "winning". All they want is to stand on the shitpile and crow I WIN, MEEEEEEEEEE. YOU LOOOOOOSE

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

My brother, who hates Trump, thinks he's going to be clever and buy shares in Truth (whatever their actual company is called) and then sell it off in November. He could not be dissuaded by my pointing out that the service was already dead and just hadn't stopped moving yet, that the recent spike in prices was everyone else getting the same "smart idea" and there's no real room for profit after fees, and that the whole thing is a scam that's going to very suddenly implode and trying to guess just ahead of that is a really stupid move. He also didn't listen to me about buying Gamestop after the ship had already sailed and the new buyers were just feeding cash to the pumpers, so I expect it'll all happen again.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

TulliusCicero posted:

It's a little known fact that women need to fly specially designed planes.
The cockpit in this is known as the clitpit.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Wait

Are you saying Trump can't fly a plane??

His dead brother who drank himself to death because his dad and brother bullied him relentlessly about being a pilot rather than a dipshit grifter could

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

big nipples big life posted:

This is when his handlers' influence breaks and he lines up defamation suit 3.

god I hope so :pray:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Grey Cat posted:

It's a little known fact that women need to fly specially designed planes.
The cockpit in this is known as the clitpit.

staring blankly at the controls, sweating profusely, surely there’s a way to fly this thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Female pilots, flying along, and suddenly "My period!" and they crash! Many such cases!

One of the biggest air disasters in history was caused by some jackoff white guy who felt he was too important to wait for the tower to tell him when to take off. I've watched enough of Disaster Breakdown's videos to know that most air crashes are caused by weird freak accidents. I know most people who get mad about this poo poo, its performative but there are almost certainly people, probably younger white males, who are absorbing all this stuff and their lack of life experience means they're going to have a tough time functioning in society. Get on the bus and see a black woman driving and they instantly piss themselves because they are convinced she's going to run them off the nearest bridge.

Medieval punishments were incredibly cruel, but I think maybe, in Trump's case, we could bring back some, like the Skold's Bridle. Fit him with one and march him from Harlem to the Battery while throngs of New Yorkers pelt him with rotten fruit and vegetables and fish, while being pushed along by a bunch of guys in Ed Koch masks going "hows I'm doin'?".