Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Isentropy posted:

As per Randy Mueller today no he didn’t. I am a Black Jamaican Canadian so I get the real racism inherent in the process but I’m starting to think he might have a Josh McDaniels personality. And he has to work on that

I totally understand - and, if I could, I'd put money on it - that he may have this problem. almost nobody has good things to say about him to the media, whether that be fellow coordinators, position coaches, his bosses (remember Rivera spoke poorly about him in a preseason press conference), or players, excepting Reid and Mahomes

but

using your example, Josh McDaniels still got three (3) head coaching jobs - one of them coming after he last-second bailed on his previous opportunity, where he left them having already hired his hand-picked staff!!! he STILL got another gig!

so I don't really buy "he's an unlikable rear end in a top hat" as an explanation for why he hasn't even been in serious contention for any HC job the past three off seasons. he might be - probably is - an off-putting, obnoxious guy. when has that ever stopped a candidate with his resume before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

McDaniels is an unlikable bitch but he had a proven track record under a defensive coach, even taking Mac to a pro bowl* season. Bieniemy had an opportunity this year to prove something and didn't really do jack poo poo?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1751298893608845539
The end of season pressers in Buffalo were vague about whether they would hire a DC or continue with the structure they had this year. This is the first rumour I've seen that suggests they are considering a DC.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Parallax posted:

McDaniels is an unlikable bitch but he had a proven track record under a defensive coach, even taking Mac to a pro bowl* season. Bieniemy had an opportunity this year to prove something and didn't really do jack poo poo?

howell looked pretty good for big chunks of the season even though the wheels ended up coming off at the end

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Parallax posted:

alright so that's sort of an explanation for this season (where the Chiefs offense regressed obviously without him, having comparable skill position players), what about the previous two?

until Bienemy, Reid OCs were getting hired as head coaches every 2-3 years

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

like, Bienemy made Juju and Hardman look good enough that other teams were hoodwinked into signing them last offseason, and they both played like booty butter this year, even when Mecole made his way back to the Chiefs. he was obviously doing something right

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Hell, maybe it is entirely a race thing. It seems like most of the black coaches who get HC shots are on the defensive side. Or maybe he sweats too much in the interview chair. Who knows

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if he was that bad in interviews I’m sure we would have heard all about it by now, this is the fourth offseason of Bienemy HC Watch. I don't think all the knocks against him/negative things people point out are down to only racism - real drawbacks exist, he isn't a perfect candidate - but again, that's never been a stopper

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

indigi posted:

like, Bienemy made Juju and Hardman look good enough that other teams were hoodwinked into signing them last offseason, and they both played like booty butter this year, even when Mecole made his way back to the Chiefs. he was obviously doing something right

Don’t you think that the rest of the offense might have something to do with those guys getting more opportunities? I don’t think it’s just a coaching thing.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Head scratcher for Chicago but hopefully he will work out better for them.

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Bills interviewing Bucs QB coach Thad Lewis for offensive coordinator.
...yes, it is *that* Thad Lewis.

Thad the "Dolphin Slayer" I hope the Bills actually hear him out.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Personally I was hoping that Bellichek ended up with the falcons. The way I saw it, either he was going to help speed Dennis Allen out the door, or he was going to get clowned on at the end of his career. Either out one was acceptable to me.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Don’t you think that the rest of the offense might have something to do with those guys getting more opportunities? I don’t think it’s just a coaching thing.

yes, I’m saying it was Bienemy's offense that made Hardman productive enough for the Jets to sign this past offseason, and then this season both Hackett and Nagy failed to utilize him nearly as well. that's coaching

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Isentropy posted:

As per Randy Mueller today no he didn’t. I am a Black Jamaican Canadian so I get the real racism inherent in the process but I’m starting to think he might have a Josh McDaniels personality. And he has to work on that

Bieniemy talking to the press before the Bills game and giving a Bills player "his flowers" was a nice moment. Even if he's a hard-rear end in private, that's enough to elevate him above the disparaging label of having a "Josh McDaniels personality".

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think the Bieniemy lack of opportunities is obvious. You can be a black head coach in the NFL. You can be an rear end in a top hat head coach in the NFL. You cannot be a black, rear end in a top hat head coach in the NFL. Sorry Bieniemy. You just make white owners too uncomfortable.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

if McDaniels = Bienemy is a fair comparison, that's just an endorsement of the McDaniels' of the world needing to stop being hired more than the reverse

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

The337th posted:

if McDaniels = Bienemy is a fair comparison, that's just an endorsement of the McDaniels' of the world needing to stop being hired more than the reverse

Yeah IMO the Raiders being dumb enough to give McDaniels his 3rd shot because Davis was weirdly obsessed with him isn't a reason to give another rear end in a top hat like McDaniels a shot.

I do feel like Bienemy isn't getting a fair assessment from this year though. Wasn't the Washington offense doing pretty good for the first two months give or take? Personality aside I didn't think he was considered a bum OC.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pablo Bluth posted:

The end of season pressers in Buffalo were vague about whether they would hire a DC or continue with the structure they had this year. This is the first rumour I've seen that suggests they are considering a DC.

Desai bad but he keeps getting hyped and hired.

Scientists aren’t sure why…

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Master Stur posted:

Yeah IMO the Raiders being dumb enough to give McDaniels his 3rd shot because Davis was weirdly obsessed with him isn't a reason to give another rear end in a top hat like McDaniels a shot.

I do feel like Bienemy isn't getting a fair assessment from this year though. Wasn't the Washington offense doing pretty good for the first two months give or take? Personality aside I didn't think he was considered a bum OC.

Yeah the problems in Washington weren't on Bieniemy. They had no offensive line.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://x.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1751280533047230694?s=20

He's been the Dolphins RB coach(and at one point one of their famed co-coordinators) since Adam Gase and I don't understand why he's so highly regarded. They've had what sure looks like a lot of young, physically talented backs fail to develop, and lots of veteran players that just fell completely flat and got buried down the depth chart. Your big successes when he's been here are all Mike McDaniel's guys.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/1751342821192159361

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Pablo Bluth posted:

Patricia made him look real good by comparison.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Master Stur posted:

he did a commendable job with twigs and tape at OL protecting a suicidal QB; that alone isn't really enough to get you a HC gig, but combining that performance with the Chiefs' offense falling off from last year without any significant downgrades at the skill positions (besides Kelce getting old) and it speaks to a pretty good offensive mind.

again if we're just judging on this season I wouldn't fault teams for not viewing him as a serious candidate, but he's had five very good years coordinating offenses. Pederson, Nagy, and Childress all had less impressive resumes when they were poached from Reid's staff.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Master Stur posted:

Yeah IMO the Raiders being dumb enough to give McDaniels his 3rd shot because Davis was weirdly obsessed with him isn't a reason to give another rear end in a top hat like McDaniels a shot

I loathe to defend Davis and his terrible decisions but in all fairness, SOMEBODY was going to give McDaniels another chance so it wasn't exclusively because the failson was infatuated with him. Making Mac Jones look decent made everyone think that he was a QB whisperer or something so that was happening regardless. I hated the hire from the jump and wanted to give Bisacchia a shot but of course we went with one of the biggest douchebags to ever coach an NFL team and that's really saying something.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

huh.

that's a good get

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Disappointing that Bienemy is going to need another OC gig to try to prove his worth. Hopefully, he lands on a semi functional offense. Eagles or Chargers at least have pieces along with the opening.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
No thanks

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Get Herbie in a shanahan system.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
I’m going to speak this into existence, Bienemy would be a good OC for the Bucs. Similar situation to the Conmies with an iffy HC and decent offensive personnel.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Pablo Bluth posted:

Desai getting a look anywhere is a head scratcher. Better than Matt Patricia is about all you can say about him.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Nystral posted:

I’m going to speak this into existence, Bienemy would be a good OC for the Bucs. Similar situation to the Conmies with an iffy HC and decent offensive personnel.

I doubt he'd be good for Baker

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Quiet Feet posted:

Desai getting a look anywhere is a head scratcher. Better than Matt Patricia is about all you can say about him.

He had a good rep from his time in Chicago and Seattle. I don't think one weird half-season suddenly makes him a bad coach.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Benne posted:

He had a good rep from his time in Chicago and Seattle. I don't think one weird half-season suddenly makes him a bad coach.

I was going to say, there is a lot that has gone underreported about all the weirdness with the Eagles in the past year, and Desai's star was absolutely on the rise before this season. I think it's premature to say he's already toast as a coordinator.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Who is on your shortlist?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bieniemy’s offense in Washington was passing at a 70% clip and primarily out of shotgun with a QB that was definitely not Patrick Mahomes. Howell was also pretty much air raid at UNC so not sure how much that is strict philosophy versus catering to his QB.

Most HCs will want more balance than that.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Benne posted:

He was not good in Seattle though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Who is on your shortlist?

Tanner Engstrand, Bobby Engram, Drew Terrell

David Shaw would probably bring back Pep Hamilton, which I think would be cool

Also wouldn't be opposed to keeping Kellen Moore, but it looks like that ship has sailed.

edit: If Harbaugh could convince Greg Roman to come in as a run game coordinator? Oh baby.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
It appears the Packers are going to hire Christian Parker as their new DC. I’m not sure how to feel on this one. Any Broncos fans have any thoughts?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Nystral posted:

Going from Canalas to Bienemy would be such a whiplash the players heads would probably snap right off.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

David Shaw would probably bring back Pep Hamilton, which I think would be cool

I don't know what to think about David Shaw. Stanford seems to be an impossible job unless you get Andrew Luck or CMC, but he did well with those guys when he had 'em.

Then he stopped having them and...well it didn't go so good. He's gonna have Herbie if he comes which bodes well I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/jfowlerespn/status/1751398624700080610?s=46