Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

yea ok posted:

Jordynne Grace expected in the Royal Rumble

yuck

one time deal or is she signing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Presumably doing a Mickie James from two years ago thing, except no WWE fans are going to know who she is

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

My only real knowledge of jordynne grace is a video she posted to instagram where she pulled an open pocket knife out of her dogs mouth and yelled at it for being bad. And everybody was all agh cute >_<; but I’m over here all like, it is not the fault of the dog, why do you have open folding knifes around where a lil dog could get it, he could have died. So based on that I hope she smokes a cartoonishly large cigar that is obviously (to comical degrees) a stick of dynamite and her head gets exploded

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

she put the knife in the dog's mouth and then started recording. someone had evidence and her fans killed the person with the "sister ray" cannon from final fantasy seven. its power was originally run by huge materia from the junon underwater reactor, and it was later moved to midgar so that it could be powered by the city's vast mako reserves. i don't know what was powering it at the time of the murder

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Jesus. This loving company man

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

JFC REF, THE ORANGE TABBY WAS IN THE ROPES, START THE GODDAMN COUNT

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Jordynne is a really cool wrestler but my god

Wonder if this was part of the terms of Trinity going back to WWE

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Sent the Slim Jim company an e-mail, I know the likelihood of that doing any good is slim, but feels better than nothing.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

There's the line about No Ethical Consumption In Capitalism but more often than not with my entertainment dollar I'm trying to ethically consume and not support bad people. It's often futile but I do it. When a musician or comedian is a bad person its easier to drop them than a product, be it a film or a team. You gotta consider the extent of the problem, if its a teammate/a few people with bad politics vs a tolerated/advocated culture, etc.

Wrestling has always been hard with this in mind and the more we have the ability to know everything about everyone in these companies the easier it is to find something that will turn me off. I haven't spent a dollar on WWE in at least 4 years*, but even the money I've moved into AEW tickets has put me in front of multiple people I feel icky about. With any art/sport that requires a large group of people, this It's always going to be this way.

With Vince it's easier to write off the whole WWE since the rot comes from the top, even after he's gone. The way he shaped the entire industry is baked into the product, impossible to ignore and will be for some time. He hasnt been the author of the product for some time but the product is reflective of his voice. There will be no way to watch the product and not think about him. You'd have to do a lot of mental gymnastics to not think about him.

If you think you can or should attempt to ethically consume, you should (continue to) not be spending money on WWE. You can probably watch individual matches or maybe shows in a vacuum, but there is absolutely no way you can watch 5-10 hours of weekly content and not be thinking of this guy constantly and be okay with it.

*I have a login to Sportsnet via a friend that I've used to watch WWE here and there and have felt guilty for at least a moment every time. Which will include tonight as I ritually attempt to enjoy the Royal Rumble.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Jordynne is a really cool wrestler but my god

Wonder if this was part of the terms of Trinity going back to WWE

maybe she'll get the classic epic photo with Corporate Officer Number 1! 😁😁😁

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

well poo poo, what am I supposed to do with this crate of slim jims I bought when the brand was briefly heroic for 24 hours

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The337th posted:

well poo poo, what am I supposed to do with this crate of slim jims I bought when the brand was briefly heroic for 24 hours

Do it like that one goon's friend did and suck the juice out but dispose of the husks

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

The337th posted:

I would say bury them outside but I dunno if you want those juices seeping into the water table

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Hey, Stab, how's the SLOM doing?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

(Johnny cashishly) emailed slim Jim today

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

The337th posted:

they last forever my dude

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Do it like that one goon's friend did and suck the juice out but dispose of the husks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBVKqOwaM3M

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Slom Jim.

if you want to profit off the company’s downfall, WWE put options are cooking

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Hey, Stab, how's the SLOM doing?

Ya haven't spoken to them since this hit cause yikes and no thanks

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MasterSitsu posted:

There's the line about No Ethical Consumption In Capitalism but more often than not with my entertainment dollar I'm trying to ethically consume and not support bad people. It's often futile but I do it. When a musician or comedian is a bad person its easier to drop them than a product, be it a film or a team. You gotta consider the extent of the problem, if its a teammate/a few people with bad politics vs a tolerated/advocated culture, etc.

WWE fans using that line to justify supporting the company has always annoyed me because it's meant to be about how the food supply chain is rife with awful practices or the US dollars value is propped up by a massive empire of bloodshed and suffering. It's about massive systems that you're forced to live with because they're outside your control. Giving money to your favorite underwear fighting league is entirely within your control. The only reason you're watching the Royal Rumble is because you (not you MasterSitsu specifically) want to!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Dimebags Brain posted:

WWE fans using that line to justify supporting the company has always annoyed me because it's meant to be about how the food supply chain is rife with awful practices or the US dollars value is propped up by a massive empire of bloodshed and suffering. It's about massive systems that you're forced to live with because they're outside your control. Giving money to your favorite underwear fighting league is entirely within your control. The only reason you're watching the Royal Rumble is because you (not you MasterSitsu specifically) want to!

Exactly, "no ethical consumption" isn't meant to justify supporting terrible people in when it comes to the arts or sports or entertainment, because those aren't things a person needs to survive. You need food and clothing and shelter to survive, so sometimes you have to do business with companies or individuals that are less than ethical, depending on your circumstances and your environment. You don't need to watch WWE to survive.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

a.lo posted:

they last forever my dude

what if it takes forever for Brand to become a good guy again?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The pre-show thread for the 2023 Official PSP Pretend Royal Rumble goes up in an hour and 23 minutes. Pretend to get hype

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Orange Carlisle posted:

put the deadlock sync versions of their xwf episode reviews on the tv, have some drinks and laugh your asses off at the hogan impressions

Or PSP's own El Generico's "Bryan & Vinny Retro Nitros - Sync'ed" series that covered the 7 weeks in late 99 that included the 32-man bracket tourney for the top belt, where 2 of the men's slots were filled by... Medusa?

Also David Flair stalking Kimberley Page, the "Falls Count Anywhere" match that ended with a count out, The Total Package, and Bryan losing his composure reading a list of acting credits on "Boobpedia".

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Exactly, "no ethical consumption" isn't meant to justify supporting terrible people in when it comes to the arts or sports or entertainment, because those aren't things a person needs to survive. You need food and clothing and shelter to survive, so sometimes you have to do business with companies or individuals that are less than ethical, depending on your circumstances and your environment. You don't need to watch WWE to survive.

To use a non wrasslin example with a semi obscure music band: Crystal Castles. I’ve liked their stuff from early to late period but then one day you find out truly awful stuff about the male half of the band. Really gross. All you have to do is NOT give any money to anything by Crystal Castles or Alex Kath. Alice Glass is cool and a survivor so give her all the monies. Don’t even stream off their official YouTube (if it’s still there as gently caress that guy and I won’t even check) which may hurt but let it go. You can find non monstrous avenues for jams. Same applies for anyone who liked lostprophets. Let that poo poo go including the name. It’s tainted to the core.

I always hated that “no ethical consumption under capitalism” bs. Same with the “it is what is is” American saying. Just feels like the worst conservative people twist it so nothing ever changes or gets done so they can stay comfortable.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Cavauro posted:

she put the knife in the dog's mouth and then started recording. someone had evidence and her fans killed the person with the "sister ray" cannon from final fantasy seven. its power was originally run by huge materia from the junon underwater reactor, and it was later moved to midgar so that it could be powered by the city's vast mako reserves. i don't know what was powering it at the time of the murder

i hear some advent children are keeping it running, snowpiercer-style

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I didn't know that about Crystal Castles. loving hell

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

stab posted:

Ya haven't spoken to them since this hit cause yikes and no thanks

sounds about right, loving hell I hope KO and Sami get out of there soon they're too good for that hellhole

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

sounds about right, loving hell I hope KO and Sami get out of there soon they're too good for that hellhole

many many people there are but SLOM papers over a lot

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

safe to assume anyone who re-signed since vince came back in early 2023 loves what he stands for

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

If you’re looking for an alternative here are several other wrestling programs centered around the degradation of women

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That DICK! posted:

If you’re looking for an alternative here are several other wrestling programs centered around the degradation of women

That's just the resume of the NJPW camera man

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I hear you. The point I was trying to make is simply that the more people are involved in a project, the more likely it is that af least one person is going to eventually gently caress up or reveal themself and make it dubious to support it. Which forces you to weigh how much bad is tolerable in order to support the good people there.

If a key grip on a film is a murderer, you probably don't care. If it's someone on screen, many more people care. If it's the screenwriter, star or director, everyone suffers.
And in most cases there's usually not anyone involved who faced consequences, you are the only judge.

MasterSitsu fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 27, 2024

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

MasterSitsu posted:

I hear you. The point I was trying to make is simply that the more people are involved in a project, the more likely it is that af least one person is going to eventually gently caress up or reveal themself and make it dubious to support it. Which forces you to weigh how much bad is tolerable in order to support the good people there.

If a key grip on a film is a murderer, you probably don't care. If it's someone on screen, many more people care. If it's the screenwriter, star or director, everyone suffers.
And in most cases there's usually not anyone involved who faced consequences, you are the only judge.

We've already had a pretty long-ranging discussion ITT about this, though. At the end of the day, it's not anyone's responsibility to worry about the good people who work with or for someone who is an absolute monster. Because otherwise you go down a pretty deep rabbit hole of doing things like rationalizing why it's okay to watch WWE, when the company's been owned by, run by, and employed some absolutely horrible people for years.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Sydney Bottocks posted:

:agreed:

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 27, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
:stare:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
stone cold steve austin walking out to confront his biggest enemy during the attitude era mr blank

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

stone cold steve austin walking out to confront his biggest enemy during the attitude era mr blank

Just take that clip from the pandemic where he came out alone and ran through all his catchphrases while the camera kept cutting to empty chairs

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Drakkel posted:

Just take that clip from the pandemic where he came out alone and ran through all his catchphrases while the camera kept cutting to empty chairs

or just thus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FV112gTPGc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I had originally thought about subscribing to peacock to finish the season of Traitors and also get the Rumble. Now I will just wait until the last few episodes and finish it then.