Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Not a podcast exactly but if you haven't already seen it check out Jon Bois's thing on the Falcons. There's a lot going on there, and a lot of material.

Generally not happy material, but entertaining material.

The Falcons one is good, plus the Vikings one as well. Both excellent, though there’s less of that dumb bird around for the Vikings naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

LeeMajors posted:

Wife and I both have “good insurance” and our daughter’s completely uncomplicated birth ran us like ~6k out of pocket. The bills were hilarious because they filed about 35k of charges with insurance.

America!
Just think of how much money a bunch of blood-sucking C-Suite psychopaths made!
…I’m so glad I’m on Medicaid. And so sorry, that’s loving absurd.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Anything Jon Bois is pretty great tbf

Dumbest boy alive
My favorite worst baseball player
222-0

All classics
The Saddest Punt in the World and The Browns Live in Hell are also great

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Just think of how much money a bunch of blood-sucking C-Suite psychopaths made!
…I’m so glad I’m on Medicaid. And so sorry, that’s loving absurd.

We prepared for it thankfully, but like 8 months of surprise bills from every separate provider who poked their head in the room was stressful as hell.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I can't bring myself to watch the Falcons series because I know it ends with that loving Super Bowl and even though I'm not a Falcons fan I can't bear to relive Brady doing another bullshit Brady comeback.

Vikings one was good though.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a neat cape posted:

Terramar Mexican Kitchen

Thank you sir. I'll report back after I check it out!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

We prepared for it thankfully, but like 8 months of surprise bills from every separate provider who poked their head in the room was stressful as hell.

See my wife and I are ready for poo poo like that. Get an itemized bill and dispute anything we haven't personally documented ourselves. If heavy pushback, drop the words "insurance fraud" to the billing ghoul. Keeping your own documentation is a must these days as a patient when it comes to billing.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Joey Freshwater posted:

Anything Jon Bois is pretty great tbf

Dumbest boy alive
My favorite worst baseball player
222-0

All classics

harperdc posted:

The Falcons one is good, plus the Vikings one as well. Both excellent, though there’s less of that dumb bird around for the Vikings naturally.

Fifty Three posted:

The Saddest Punt in the World and The Browns Live in Hell are also great

Fourthing anything Jon Bois, they’re all amazing, including the ones on the 2010 Chargers, The Bob Emergency (Not strictly football but related). The man made multi hour documentaries on the Seattle Mariners and Dave Stieb extremely compelling.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--I think the first one that really grabbed me way back when was the Lonnie Smith Pretty Good. That is a story I did not know, although I knew the baseball player.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I can't bring myself to watch the Falcons series because I know it ends with that loving Super Bowl and even though I'm not a Falcons fan I can't bear to relive Brady doing another bullshit Brady comeback.

It starts with that Super Bowl! Right up to the point where the game was 'over.'

...then it pauses and goes back to everything Falcons, through all of the years. And there is a lot to parse there.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The running gag across both the Falcons and Vikings documentaries of the one song blaring every time the Saints come waltzing into the picture will never get old. For all the cursed poo poo that's in existence right now, a small blessing is to be able to see what Jon Bois and Spencer Hall cook up.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

See my wife and I are ready for poo poo like that. Get an itemized bill and dispute anything we haven't personally documented ourselves. If heavy pushback, drop the words "insurance fraud" to the billing ghoul. Keeping your own documentation is a must these days as a patient when it comes to billing.

The big bulk was two nights admission which were legit. There was an induction which cost slightly more and the epidural x2 because the first one only affected half her body.

So there wasn’t anything that didn’t happen, it’s just that insurance didn’t cover enough imo for “good insurance”. It’s all ticky-tack technicalities where you have no choice but to pay premiums but they will scrap over every cent they pay out. Even incorrectly denying claims and requiring multiple filings.

I know I’m screaming into the void here, but it’s all horseshit anyways because healthcare shouldn’t be a profit motivated industry in the first place. Death to rent-seeking behavior.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 27, 2024

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I love Democrat hateposting,

Biden: NO!
Newsom: NO!
Hillary Clinton: NO!
Bernie: NO!
Buttigieg: NO!
Klobuchar: NO!
Whitmer: NO!
Harris: NO!
Obama: YES! WAIT, NO!!!

Why won't the Democrats find someone I want to kiss and hug all day and night?? <gets absolutely destroyed under trump rule>

Also for the Spam enthusiasts, I find it hard to beat two thick slices of fried (or steamed Spams) covered with pork & beans on two pieces of nice cheap white bread.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Oh yeah, very cool looking trailer kiimo, hope it's a big success! Tell your team they did a good job getting the hype up, a lot of action trailers are meh/give away the entire movie.

Also, you should try MY guac (I bought it at the mexican grocery store)

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

T-Square posted:

Post the Artisinal Board Games

I think I can put together a 5P board game group (GF and some of her D&D nerd friends) and I think I wanna get Moonrakers because it looks like a fun space game with player interaction, but it’s a Kickstarter game that I haven’t heard talked about out over in TG

What is the group dynamic? Is it folks who want competitive, well balanced games or more of a let's get together and play lighter stuff?

For five people, I still think Puerto Rico holds up as a classic. Wingspan is also good. Those games are going to appeal to two very different groups, however.

Moving from four to five really cuts down on the choices, unfortunately.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ether Frenzy posted:

I love Democrat hateposting,

Biden: NO!
Newsom: NO!
Hillary Clinton: NO!
Bernie: NO!
Buttigieg: NO!
Klobuchar: NO!
Whitmer: NO!
Harris: NO!
Obama: YES! WAIT, NO!!!

Why won't the Democrats find someone I want to kiss and hug all day and night?? <gets absolutely destroyed under trump rule>

Also for the Spam enthusiasts, I find it hard to beat two thick slices of fried (or steamed Spams) covered with pork & beans on two pieces of nice cheap white bread.

As stated before, anyone who campaigns and is slightly progressive gets stamped out with the full force of the machine. AOC only came about because of a massive grassroots campaign that was a direct rebuff to the establishment Dems, but the lesson learned there by the DNC was to just go further right.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

As stated before, anyone who campaigns and is slightly progressive gets stamped out with the full force of the machine. AOC only came about because of a massive grassroots campaign that was a direct rebuff to the establishment Dems, but the lesson learned there by the DNC was to just go further right.

Well, that and they just went ahead and stamped the leftist directly out of her.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The 50 year plot by the GOP to move the Overton window from Reagan's 6 or so on the 1-10 scale (With 1 being full gay space communism now, and 10 being literal fascism) to the 7 that we had under Obama onto the current 8.5 we're at is probably a bigger reason the majority of middle American democratic voters tend to go extremely milquetoast than some sort of behind the scenes machinations by Big Democrat.

The majority of people in this country are not on CSPAM as much as it feels like for those of us who spend a lot of time online.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Kalli posted:

Moonrakers is fantastic, one of our group's favorite faster games. Way it works is on each player's turn, they have to pick a contract that has a bunch of card requirements and rewards points, money and sometimes cards. But are mostly too difficult to do solo, so you need to find people to help you for a cut of the profits. You then turn around and buy better cards / ship parts with your profits, and it's a race to 10 points. Great, great game. There's also a couple expansions that do things like give you an extra benefit for teaming up with people and a very degenerate expansion that introduces way more upgraded cards as well as new mission types. I love that last one, but it lets the game get very silly towards the end as you can like burn through 30 cards by yourself no problem soloing the hardest contracts, which does help the "no one will help the dude who needs 2 points to win" drag the game can have. Fully recommend the base game to start, it's pretty great right out of the box

Hell yeah, thanks for the response! I did see the Titan edition with all of the expansions but that bad boy is like $200 so I’m probably just gonna pick up the base game cuz it’ll probably only get played once anyway :v:

MrLogan posted:

What is the group dynamic? Is it folks who want competitive, well balanced games or more of a let's get together and play lighter stuff?

For five people, I still think Puerto Rico holds up as a classic. Wingspan is also good. Those games are going to appeal to two very different groups, however.

Moving from four to five really cuts down on the choices, unfortunately.

My plan was actually to just take them all to the brick and mortar game store and let them all run around and try to come to a consensus on what they’d like to play. They’re all pretty nerdy folks involved in a year+ long D&D campaign so I’m hopeful that they’ll like some heavier stuff.

And yeah I know lol. I can’t really get a good dynamic of 3 or 4 together really, and either end up with coop games for just my partner and I, or 6+ which ends up being party games which I’m not super into so I’m happy to try to work with 5.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

Well, that and they just went ahead and stamped the leftist directly out of her.

"they" did it to her? why do you deny her agency to make informed decisions on her own? maybe she's just trying to well-represent her district

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Ether Frenzy posted:

Your steamed Spams are obviously grilled.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’m watching Fast X your seatbelts and I find myself not caring about any of the storylines except John Cena’s. He’s actually pretty funny

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
The grey cats are in a lap standoff. My grey girl is not fond of my grey foster boy and will hiss at him 90% of the time she sees him but they both will compromise when it comes to lap time. As long as she can pretend he's not there and he doesn't do anything to acknowledge her presence they can co-exist on my lap but the moment that pact is broken it's back to hissing and betrayal.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Like sands in the litterbox, go the days of our lives

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pmchem posted:

"they" did it to her? why do you deny her agency to make informed decisions on her own? maybe she's just trying to well-represent her district

Or was she co-opting leftist talking points in a blatant ploy at careerism all along????

The end result is another ineffectual dem politician, what does it matter?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The lifecycle of a leftist politician is either to get elected and immediately fail the purity test when you have to make a compromise, or to never compromise and immediately get voted out because you didn’t do poo poo.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://x.com/GalaxyPeaBrain/status/1750968277113655806?s=20

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
ohh earthrider, thanks for the Great Lakes

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Wait what the movie just fuckin ends like that?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Freaquency posted:

The lifecycle of a leftist politician is either to get elected and immediately fail the purity test when you have to make a compromise, or to never compromise and immediately get voted out because you didn’t do poo poo.

It's like being a weird indie punk band, that accidentally starts to sell records? Sellout

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Joey Freshwater posted:

It does. It was conceived as a two-parter that would be filmed back-to-back, but after the budget skyrocketed and it under-performed at the box office, they went back to rewriting the eleventh movie and are nowhere near being ready for shooting. And now that Vin Diesel has a fairly ugly sexual assault beef against him (to go alongside his unprofessional behavior making Justin Lin quit as director only a few days of filming on Fast X), his level of involvement in Fast 11 is very much an open question.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah, my three favorite movies last year ended on cliff hangers. I knew about X and MI, but Across the Spider-verse was a surprise.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

Vikings one was good though.

yeah, i can't watch the last part of the falcons series because i don't want to relive 28-3

even turned off the game after the end of regulation because it was so goddamn inevitable

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

AOC isn’t some otherwise good leftist who did one thing wrong and so twitterverse determined she failed some hyperbolic purity test.

The reality is that she consistently supports bad things.

She sucks.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

Wife and I both have “good insurance” and our daughter’s completely uncomplicated birth ran us like ~6k out of pocket. The bills were hilarious because they filed about 35k of charges with insurance.

America!

HMOs for life. gently caress paying a deductible.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Ornery and Hornery posted:

AOC isn’t some otherwise good leftist who did one thing wrong and so twitterverse determined she failed some hyperbolic purity test.

The reality is that she consistently supports bad things.

She sucks.

So we've established that the People's Front of Judea hates the Judean People's Front due to irreconcilable differences, and there are no good Leftists or Democrats.

It's very difficult to say how the chudbots who support literally anything that the messaging system tells them to support keep seeming like "The majority"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m watching Fast X your seatbelts and I find myself not caring about any of the storylines except John Cena’s. He’s actually pretty funny

he asked the question that's never been asked in any Transformers media before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAbD32FUcjo

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ether Frenzy posted:

So we've established that the People's Front of Judea hates the Judean People's Front due to irreconcilable differences, and there are no good Leftists or Democrats.

It's very difficult to say how the chudbots who support literally anything that the messaging system tells them to support keep seeming like "The majority"

Trying to litigate who is appropriately left or not is a fools errand won by whoever is the most stubborn. This Hamilton Nolan piece is pretty reflective of how I feel about the sliding scale of leftism in the US:

quote:

They can still be allies. The Left always needs allies. Coalitions, built with allies, are the only way to win. But allies are a distinct category. They are people who we only expect to be right on a particular issue, rather than on fundamental values.

Even if AOC isn’t a “true leftist” you should still see her as an ally and a focus on how she doesn't fit perfectly in your mold of what makes a leftist is intensely myopic.

And for what it’s worth Nolan is pretty left and sees AOC similarly but maybe he’s actually a shitlib too.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The problem with people who can think for themselves is they all have a different opinion of what specific unicorn project they care most about is True Leftism vs what is Shitlibbery

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Spent the day in temps in the low 100s with humidity over 70% at 4pm yesterday. It felt inhumane to just exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

so I haven’t watched much of the fast and furious series and I’m about 45 minutes in to fast 5

…the series gets more over the top ridiculous from here?