Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Inaros rework, nice

Fortuna syndicate economy rebalance, new shard fusion to make tauforged shards, this is all great stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Deluxe Styanax skin looks fantastic.

edit: you can pet Birb 3, 10/10 update.

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 26, 2024

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Holy poo poo, they're addressing issues with getting caught on corners and stuff during movement.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

But will it fix landing on top of grineer doors?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

chumbler posted:

Hell no.

The rest looks good though.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
:gruzzling:

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

funkmeister posted:

:gruzzling:

I'm gonna get the poo poo gruzzled out of me I just know it

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
I finally caught up with the game after not playing for several years (and by caught up I mean I've finished all the story quests available). However much the grind for some things may wear on me, man they still know how to tell a cool story.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
oh drat, how many regular shards will it take to make a tauforged one?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Mercury_Storm posted:

oh drat, how many regular shards will it take to make a tauforged one?
Looks like 4

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean

chumbler posted:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that does this constantly.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I need that incarnon arm cannon immediately.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

If the frame after Dante isn't named Virgil, we fuckin' riot.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
given that Dante is a writer with a quill, I'm pretty sure you should expect Inferno

or maybe that'll be his exalted tome, though that's perhaps a bit on the nose

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

He should have a cyclable skill called divine comedy with inferno, purgatory, and paradise skills. One could damage, one could CC, and one could heal

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Finally got Rhino Prime after waiting since his prime came out. Don't generally trade for parts, I just farm them, so took a lot longer than it could have. I love my boy. Still have both of my arcane helmets for him.

... Also finished Wisp Prime, Garuda Prime, and Hildryn Prime, along with Fulmin Prime, in the 24 hours following that, so luck is clearly on my side. Now I just have to afford enough slots for all of them.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015

Helter Skelter posted:

2023 stats are live ahead of the devstream: https://www.warframe.com/2023stats

I know people are going to naturally gravitate towards the biggest numbers and fastest room-clearing tools, but drat those are some lopsided numbers. Almost 30% of the player base is exclusively using three pistols.

The Xoris is really surprising me. Unlike Glaive Prime you're only getting free impact procs out of the Xoris. Do people just not unequip it after the quest?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if people are only using it to farm protea and sisters, that's a lot of combined usage for one specific weapon. usually people bring whatever they feel like.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Waffle Shake posted:

I know people are going to naturally gravitate towards the biggest numbers and fastest room-clearing tools, but drat those are some lopsided numbers. Almost 30% of the player base is exclusively using three pistols.

The Xoris is really surprising me. Unlike Glaive Prime you're only getting free impact procs out of the Xoris. Do people just not unequip it after the quest?

It's the same reason nataruk is used a lot. You get it for free and it's decently powerful

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah I imagine it being all but required for Granum Void is going to inflate its usage numbers by a lot since that's one melee weapon out of hundreds and when people swap off that splits its usage up across an extremely dilute range of options. And that's not counting people who genuinely want to keep using it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
It's that it's given out for free. Actual Granum Void use is a drop in the bucket; people just don't like farming.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
glaives are cool, and xoris looks cool. that its not particularly noteworthy among glaives doesn't really matter.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It's that it's given out for free. Actual Granum Void use is a drop in the bucket; people just don't like farming.

actually you know what looking at the mastery rank heat map you're absolutely right

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The xoris also got a new a significant buff with melee influence because of its guaranteed electric proc, which apparently puts it on par with if not better than glaive prime. I don't really like glaives so I haven't tried it myself.

Plus yeah, it's free. The warframe meta is basically just whatever is lowest effort which is why rev prime and wukong prime are the top frames, nataruk and ignis wraith are the top primaries, kuva nukor is the top secondary, and most of the top melee weapons are free. The laetum and glaive prime are more the exceptions because they take a bit of effort to get, which speaks to their power.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Xoris has the highest explosion radius of all the glaives and the damage is high enough to one shot anything on the star chart. It has guaranteed electric procs not impact and can scale far into steel path if you have a grouping setup and/or use melee influence. It's strong and one of the three useful glaives alongside Glaive Prime and Cerata.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
what are people using volt prime for so much in tyool 2023, is it all focus farming and eidolons or are people actually using it for steel path and stuff?

NB: it's too bad DE is east coast instead of west coast, they could have had an office in vankuva

chumbler posted:

Plus yeah, it's free. The warframe meta is basically just whatever is lowest effort which is why rev prime and wukong prime are the top frames, nataruk and ignis wraith are the top primaries, kuva nukor is the top secondary, and most of the top melee weapons are free. The laetum and glaive prime are more the exceptions because they take a bit of effort to get, which speaks to their power.

is it worth using the regular nukor if you don't have a kuva nukor? i have never been able to figure out how to spawn a lich so i don't have any kuva or tenet anything, and my secondaries are feeling a bit... lacking. I'm mostly using Atomos or Aksomati Prime. I don't have any kitguns as I'm still slowly grinding Solaris before

I only started playing a few years ago and I've been taking long breaks, so I keep falling behind so far the 'meta' that I can't find builds to match the half-beginner half-not state I'm in. My Prime mod collection is a long way from complete, and the less said abut Augments the better. I finally ended up saying 'gently caress it' and buying Arcane Energize for plat because it's been three years and I still haven't had one drop out of what feels like a couple hundred Teralysts run. I know you can get arcanes somehow on Deimos, but since I still haven't finished the (godawful!!!) Solaris/Little Duck grind, I feel like I'll just get completely overwhelmed if I move on to Deimos.

(Which means I'm waiting to complete Solaris before I run New War, so everything gated behind the story missions is pending. I really want to finish Solaris... but loving a, I started the Solaris grind THREE YEARS AGO and I can't find all the bonds and toroids I need in the amount of time I have to devote to grinding.)

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 28, 2024

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
The Seven Year Lich

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Volt prime is a really good jack of all trades and does well on steel path, especially if you subsume terrify or another armor strip on him. He can nuke, he can cc, he can buff both guns and melee, he can restore shields, and he has excellent mobility (though I know some people hate getting speed'd). He may not be the best at any particular thing but he's good at it all.

I'm sure a decent portion of his use is still eidolon hunting though. He was pretty useful in the recent effervo grind too

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Kesper North posted:

I finally ended up saying 'gently caress it' and buying Arcane Energize for plat because it's been three years and I still haven't had one drop out of what feels like a couple hundred Teralysts run.

That would be because it doesn't drop from the Teralyst. Only Hydrolyst captures have a chance to drop Energize.

e: And to answer your actual question -- the regular Nukor is, like... fine, for an old weapon? But it's nowhere near the level of the Kuva Nukor, the latter deals way more damage and the beam chains between enemies.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 28, 2024

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Normal Nukor doesn't chain so basically doesn't do the game job. Deimos can get you a couple of kitguns but I don't know if they are any good.

Sympathies on Solaris screwing you over. I assume you have done all the normal googling to work out how to do it sensibly.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Honestly I would just take a break from grinding Fortuna for now; in the devstream yesterday they mentioned changes to Fortuna syndicate economies would be coming in the next big update, probably for the better since its widely considered the worst of the open world grinds by a fair margin

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The Gaze gun head from fortuna does chain, at least when slotted in a secondary gun, and, with the battery arcane, makes for a very good mindless status sprayer, it's not the kuva nukor, or quite the tenet cycron, but it's solid and with a secondary encumber arcane you can't really tell the difference.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah, Gaze secondary is quite nice and a lot easier... unless the desire sensor is screwing you out of Medical Trust Bonds or whatever.

Trying to farm the three colours of basic toroid is kind of it's own mess (though the little green spiders can drop them now IIRC). Definitely worth taking a tanky loot framelike Nekros and a toxin weapon.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

the biggest thing for the three basic toroids is doing it as a group of four. i think DE just straight-up didn't test the solo player case for open worlds, toroids are just one of several areas where you can get completely hosed over by anemic spawn counts

resource and drop chance boosters, nekros, and doing the whole thing on steel path (assuming you can kill SP enemies fast enough) are also all very helpful

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Also while grinding for toroids you can get the kubrow elemental mods! :mrgw:

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

free hubcaps posted:

Honestly I would just take a break from grinding Fortuna for now; in the devstream yesterday they mentioned changes to Fortuna syndicate economies would be coming in the next big update, probably for the better since its widely considered the worst of the open world grinds by a fair margin

Yes of course right after I come back to the game and grind to rank 5 with Solaris.

At least if it’s the “worst” going back and doing Cetus shouldn’t be too bad.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I actually maxxed Cetus rank with Ivara Prime and hunting while recovering from New Years Covid. Invisibility and Sleep Arrows can get you consistent groups of 3 perfect captures and you can max daily rank in like 30 minutes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
people use volt for relic grinding. unless you buy every prime access, there's always more relic grinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

That would be because it doesn't drop from the Teralyst. Only Hydrolyst captures have a chance to drop Energize.

Ah. Ha! I have never successfully matched with a group that was able to kill a hydrolyst. Ever. Eventually I gave up stopped trying.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the biggest thing for the three basic toroids is doing it as a group of four. i think DE just straight-up didn't test the solo player case for open worlds, toroids are just one of several areas where you can get completely hosed over by anemic spawn counts

resource and drop chance boosters, nekros, and doing the whole thing on steel path (assuming you can kill SP enemies fast enough) are also all very helpful

Is Nekros... viable for Solaris missions? (I don't have Nekros. I heard he isn't good for much.)

Re groups: tbh I'm a grumpy old autistic misanthrope who prefers greatly prefers posting to voice chat so I'm only getting a group of four if I get matchmade with them automatically as I step onto the Vallis, and even then most of them will immediately gently caress off to do kickflips on their K-drives or go hunt or fish instead of running the mission, welp-rip.

I (STILL!) don't have access to Steel Path since they've added a shitload of nodes to the starmap since the last time I played, all of which are gated behind the Deimos content that I still can't do because I haven't finished Solaris :sun:

SIGSEGV posted:

The Gaze gun head from fortuna does chain, at least when slotted in a secondary gun, and, with the battery arcane, makes for a very good mindless status sprayer, it's not the kuva nukor, or quite the tenet cycron, but it's solid and with a secondary encumber arcane you can't really tell the difference.

I was afraid someone would say that. God I hate kitguns. Such a fucken hassle, for the ugliest guns in the game.

free hubcaps posted:

If I wait until then I will have lost the desire and ability to play Warframe again. I'm able to play now because it's the slowest time of the year for me at work so I'm not getting hauled out of bed at rear end o'clock because some chucklefuck clicked the wrong jpeg at work every night, then writing reports about it for the other 25 hours of the day.

That's what I hate about the time-gating in Warframe in general; by the time I have the space and time to play, the mods/primes/whatever I needed for a given build have come and gone, and I've long since forgotten by then what I was trying to pursue the last time I played. Love the game, but - I need to fit it into my schedule, not whatever FOMO engagement bullshit schedule they're pushing.