Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

pmchem posted:

so I haven’t watched much of the fast and furious series and I’m about 45 minutes in to fast 5

…the series gets more over the top ridiculous from here?

Depends on if you're one of the idiots who thinks a man in the back of a pick up truck cannot pull a Sikorsky UH-60 down by hand or not how "ridiculous" it gets from there, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

pmchem posted:

so I haven’t watched much of the fast and furious series and I’m about 45 minutes in to fast 5

The Fast & Furious movies make significantly more sense when you realize that Vin Diesel is using them as a vehicle for him to be the DM of the most expensive and insane D&D campaign in human history.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

pmchem posted:

Dude, that movie itself gets more ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKfupO4ZzPs

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 27, 2024

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Air Skwirl posted:

Dude, that movie itself gets more ridiculous.

i’m near the end. they appear to have found a frictionless vault. this is hilarious

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Zoey has been in our house for about a year and three months now, and Toby is finally wearing her down to commit to cuddling in with him. Even in the last couple months there's a big change in how relaxed she'll get with him next to her.

This was December (he weaseled his way in while she was curled up on the couch)

And two from the last two days under the same blanket on the couch both times

You've got to hand it to him, the little guy does not give up

e: that blue/green blanket they're laying on is one my wife is three rows from finishing crocheting. It has taken about 3x longer than it should have because once it got big enough they started laying on it every time she would try to work on it

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 28, 2024

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
We rewatched Thunderball last night and while it rocks I always forget that the jetpack at the start is one of the least ridiculous parts of it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pmchem posted:

I'm not much of a movie watcher but I watched the first one and after the opening heist scene was like 'come on man, there's a better way to do this. But not a more badass way to do this I guess.' And I gather that's the general theme of the films, proving me wrong that there is a more dumb and badass way to do things that somehow works.

I can see where that line of thought would go way off the rails if you took it to it's conclusion.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

pmchem posted:

i’m near the end. they appear to have found a frictionless vault. this is hilarious

Aside from a single shot everything involving the safe is done practically. Vanity Fair (I think) had a lengthy video of the main stunt coordinator breaking down how they did each shot.

Edit: Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaHxGu5YeKM

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Went to Hot Wheels Monster Truck show and it wasn’t as good as Monster Jam. They did have a truckosaurus though, which was cool. The trucks themselves didn’t do a whole lot of tricks, mostly just running over cars. Kid still loved it and that’s all that matters though.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Air Skwirl posted:

Aside from a single shot everything involving the safe is done practically. Vanity Fair (I think) had a lengthy video of the main stunt coordinator breaking down how they did each shot.

Edit: Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaHxGu5YeKM

that's pretty impressive work. I didn't think it was CG but it was cool to hear the explanation of some things. lol @ having cars inside the fake vaults for so much of it, but there wasn't a really good alternative either

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Watched the newest transformers. Rise of the Beasts - it was the best one since the first Shia one.

The GI Joe connection was a surprise.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Speaking of cg, I watched Masters of the Air and I hate how the cg looks. Everything is tinted blue and fuzzy, the reflections are too perfect, and it just reminds me of the lovely end fight scene from Die Another Day.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Went on a hike today and just before the trailhead we found a guy laying in the road. He had apparently been skateboarding, ate it, and shattered his ankle in the process. Fortunately we had cell service (another 100 yards down the road and we would have had nothing) so we were able to get ahold of 911. Thank god they were quick because after we determined that he wasn’t going to bleed out or lose consciousness or anything it was kinda awkward to just stand there.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I just started the first episode of 30 Rock again and it still rules.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

pmchem posted:

Lmao

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Bird in a Blender posted:

Went to Hot Wheels Monster Truck show and it wasn’t as good as Monster Jam. They did have a truckosaurus though, which was cool. The trucks themselves didn’t do a whole lot of tricks, mostly just running over cars. Kid still loved it and that’s all that matters though.

Saw this same one and got a great photo of my son’s reaction to truckosaurus emerging. He also thought the motocross jumps were p cool. While I agree monster jam is a bit more entertaining, was a fun way to spend a day with the kiddo.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Forget who mentioned it but started Detroiters, and were loving it. You can see bits of I Think You Should Leave, plus Tim being a huge Lions fan makes it even better.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

https://imgur.com/a/DiIobuk

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

pmchem posted:

No, it becomes a sober examination of the transportation industry and how it interacts with a history of agriculture of southwest california

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao i didn’t read the last two pages but anyone suggesting vin diesel won’t be involved in the next (or ANY) F&F franchise is… confused. I’ll be polite.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lmao i didn’t read the last two pages but anyone suggesting vin diesel won’t be involved in the next (or ANY) F&F franchise is… confused. I’ll be polite.

They'll figure it out eventually but its still not a good look for the finished product.

Anytime you end up with copious rewrites, reshoots and writers / directors are making GBS threads bricks you're in for a bad outcome see: all of marvel and star wars for like 6 years now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Man it happened to Menvedev again. Fuuuuuuck.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Subforums colliding for you kalli

https://x.com/luke_winkie/status/1751605121341968486?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My gf had some dental surgery the other day. Stuff with her teeth and a gum graft. She’s been really swollen and this morning she woke up with two black eyes.

I was giving my mom an update using voice to text.

It was a few minutes before I realized I’d told my mom that she woke up with two black guys this morning.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Blacked Plaqued

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Awh poo poo, who's up for a game of Brass Birmingham?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

pmchem posted:

It is a very, very fun movie, and they continue to be excellent until Paul Walker's death a few years ago. I still watch the newer ones but not as impressed with them.

The only franchise I enjoy as much in the same way is the Pathaan/War/Tiger SRK stuff out of Bollywood.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Wow, the cold open on SNL last night was made for TFF.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m shocked people still watch SNL. The only good thing about it anymore is Colin & Josh joke swap. The Christmas one had me in stitches. If you haven’t seen it, they write jokes for each other and they don’t know what they are until they read them aloud. They get…spicy.

https://youtu.be/6NE_kbJQ8r8?si=iUqzFmZWcMiOkayS

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

swickles posted:

Wow, the cold open on SNL last night was made for TFF.

Missed it. Did they put it online yet?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I do not watch SNL. Any good skits make their way into some SA thread and I enjoy it there.

Tom Hanks on Black Jeopardy was fun.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone dealt with stick drift on your controllers? I have 2 for PS5 that have started drifting. I’ve read it could be just taking it apart and cleaning it could fix it - but not sure how difficult it is.

Or should I just toss them and get new ones.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Joey Freshwater posted:

Anyone dealt with stick drift on your controllers? I have 2 for PS5 that have started drifting. I’ve read it could be just taking it apart and cleaning it could fix it - but not sure how difficult it is.

Or should I just toss them and get new ones.
When I was visiting my friends in St. Louis I got stuck with the Switch controller that had stick drift. Real pain in my rear end when we were playing Mario Kart.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Android Apocalypse posted:

When I was visiting my friends in St. Louis I got stuck with the Switch controller that had stick drift. Real pain in my rear end when we were playing Mario Kart.

I haven’t had any problems with my switch surprisingly, I’ve read they’re more prone because of how small they are.

The PS5 ones I got near release so ~3+ years of almost daily use is pretty good I guess.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I do not watch SNL. Any good skits make their way into some SA thread and I enjoy it there.

That might be one of the last great SNL skits

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Android Apocalypse posted:

Missed it. Did they put it online yet?

I watch it on Peacock. I usually watch the opener unless its a Trump thing, the musical act if I like them and weekend update. I also watch anything that catches my eye during fsst forward, and if its a host I like I will watch the whole thing. My favorite sketches are never the viral ones though, I love the weird ones that noone else seems to get, like every Pedro Pascal one when he hosted.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m shocked people still watch SNL. The only good thing about it anymore is Colin & Josh joke swap. The Christmas one had me in stitches. If you haven’t seen it, they write jokes for each other and they don’t know what they are until they read them aloud. They get…spicy.

https://youtu.be/6NE_kbJQ8r8?si=iUqzFmZWcMiOkayS

This is great

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

swickles posted:

I watch it on Peacock. I usually watch the opener unless its a Trump thing, the musical act if I like them and weekend update. I also watch anything that catches my eye during fsst forward, and if its a host I like I will watch the whole thing. My favorite sketches are never the viral ones though, I love the weird ones that noone else seems to get, like every Pedro Pascal one when he hosted.

Pedro Pascal is amazing in everything so I get it, I get it

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Oh and any Please Don't Destroy is worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Yeah, I watched boygenius on YouTube. They kind of hosed up the sound-mixing for "Not Strong Enough" but "Satanist" was straight fire.
I have no idea who Troye Sivan is, so that bit flew right over my head.