Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Don't know how you can watch the Rumble (even it's "free") and not feel gross AF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Honestly you could just put on a 4 hour stream of someone playing MDickie's Wrestling Empire and have more fun anyway

bartok
May 10, 2006

Drakkel posted:

Honestly you could just put on a 4 hour stream of someone playing MDickie's Wrestling Empire and have more fun anyway

Watching Collision and playing more Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth is how I'm spending this evening.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

yea ok posted:

Jordynne Grace expected in the Royal Rumble

Naomi (ofc) and Kamille are supposedly expected there too.

:negative:

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Alan_Shore posted:

Don't know how you can watch the Rumble (even it's "free") and not feel gross AF

There isn’t a contest to see who is the most virtuous wrestling fan. Tons of decent and well meaning people just aren’t as connected as you to this and view it as an excuse to people with friends and family. Settle down.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

UnleashedDad posted:

There isn’t a contest to see who is the most virtuous wrestling fan. Tons of decent and well meaning people just aren’t as connected as you to this and view it as an excuse to people with friends and family. Settle down.

With the amount of coverage this story has gotten you'd have to be living under a rock not to know what happened.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

Pylons posted:

With the amount of coverage this story has gotten you'd have to be living under a rock not to know what happened.

I don’t disagree, but as someone mentioned earlier, this thing reminds me of the Sandusky PSU scandal which affected me pretty badly. Enough to detach from that school completely. Tons of people I knew pointed fingers and shifted blame in the dumbest and sickest ways possible. Others just had too many fond memories of being with loved ones at their football games and whatnot. As I get older I just try to remember the latter in these situations, because they did not ask to be put in this situation ultimately.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

UnleashedDad posted:

There isn't a contest to see who can justify watching WWE the hardest, either

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

UnleashedDad posted:

I think there was probably an implication there that the person watching would have knowledge about what's happening

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

UnleashedDad posted:

Tons of decent and well meaning people just aren’t as connected as you to this

What does this mean? Like, they don't know about it at all? In which case, duh, why would they care? Or are you saying I'm "more connected" cos I'm posting about it online? If so, that's a feeble way to justify supporting this evil company.

I'm legit confused lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

UnleashedDad posted:

I don’t disagree, but as someone mentioned earlier, this thing reminds me of the Sandusky PSU scandal which affected me pretty badly. Enough to detach from that school completely. Tons of people I knew pointed fingers and shifted blame in the dumbest and sickest ways possible. Others just had too many fond memories of being with loved ones at their football games and whatnot. As I get older I just try to remember the latter in these situations, because they did not ask to be put in this situation ultimately.

Along with this, people generally are likely to see just a headline or small bits and pieces of the story (e.g. snippets on social media posts). They won't see the utter depravity and systematic abuse the lawsuit details.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I'm sure those hypothetical tons of good and well-meaning people really appreciate being defended here in the SA wrestling subforum, for their decision to decide to continue supporting a horrible company

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lew Is King

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Dango Bango posted:

Along with this, people generally are likely to see just a headline or small bits and pieces of the story (e.g. snippets on social media posts). They won't see the utter depravity and systematic abuse the lawsuit details.
Yeah the news coverage almost universally fails to mention that the entire executive structure is likely complicit in covering up sex trafficking

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

Alan_Shore posted:

What does this mean? Like, they don't know about it at all? In which case, duh, why would they care? Or are you saying I'm "more connected" cos I'm posting about it online? If so, that's a feeble way to justify supporting this evil company.

I'm legit confused lol

People aren’t pouring over the details of the case like we are. They don’t know how terrible Vince truly is. They just see headlines and move on with their day because of xyz.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
how many of you are opting not to watch the rumble live on peacock?

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

UnleashedDad posted:

unfortunately if we apply the psu metaphor to this one it's basically like if paterno and everyone else who covered it up stuck around afterwards and continued being celebrated members of the organization

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DEAR RICHARD posted:

I’ll be watching a steel cage six man match on Collision. I had considered watching since my 8-year-old nephew loves wrestling now, but then everything happened.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

DEAR RICHARD posted:

I'm signed on to do coverage on it, but I'm on my slack right now trying to get out of it. ETA: I've been trying to for a couple of days now but no one had been answering, someone is now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

UnleashedDad posted:

People aren’t pouring over the details of the case like we are. They don’t know how terrible Vince truly is. They just see headlines and move on with their day because of xyz.

The headlines in question

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

DEAR RICHARD posted:

I'll be Colliding. I was never gonna watch the Rumble.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

im gonna collide, then im gonna keep playing ff9 and re-watching the sopranos

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Dr. Quarex posted:

Yeah the news coverage almost universally fails to mention that the entire executive structure is likely complicit in covering up sex trafficking

The news coverage I've seen have been half-assed in the usual way. The report I saw on CNN wasn't exactly wrong but it pretty much went (before last night when he left TKO):

1. Vince McMahon had allegations made against him and he resigned from the WWE after an investigation.
2. ???
3. Vince McMahon is currently an executive at a corporation called TKO and TKO says they are handling it internally.

That missing Step 2 is REALLY glossing over a lot of the story.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

watching LFA and hockey

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I’ll be clapping and cheering like a moron when the Uso YEETS Solo Sikoa from the ring at number 26. Just kidding. I started playing demons souls

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

UnleashedDad posted:

This must be the highly-coveted "casual WWE fan" we hear so much about

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Pylons posted:

The headlines in question

how am I supposed to know that sex trafficking is bad though?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://x.com/IVPvideos/status/1751386169810522146?s=20

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Had a royal rumble party scheduled, pivoted it to showing Wrestle Kingdom

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

LionYeti posted:

Had a royal rumble party scheduled, pivoted it to showing Wrestle Kingdom

gently caress yeah. Enjoy the show

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hot diggity. That rules

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Hadn't planned to before the events of this week, definitely won't be now. I have some 3D printed miniatures to clean up and prep for painting anyways, so I'll be doing that, likely with some MST3K on in the background.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Most people aren’t that plugged into this poo poo. My buddy who barely watches anymore always still watches the Rumble and asked if I was going to. He only saw the McMahon headlines in passing and didn’t look up more until I told him. I know being super online feels normal, but it turns out people posting on a dead gay forum are still the outlier.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm out at Medieval Times. And if I wasn't I still wouldn't be watching.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

DeepDickPizza posted:

Most people aren’t that plugged into this poo poo. My buddy who barely watches anymore always still watches the Rumble and asked if I was going to. He only saw the McMahon headlines in passing and didn’t look up more until I told him. I know being super online feels normal, but it turns out people posting on a dead gay forum are still the outlier.

Seems like a weakwilled bitch justification to me but, i do hope you enjoy

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I would normally watch the Rumble, but I won't this time.

If Jade debuts, I'll just catch a clip elsewhere.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

That DICK! posted:

Seems like a weakwilled bitch justification to me but, i do hope you enjoy

I’m not watching the show, numbnuts

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

I'm dumbfounded at how "reading a news story" somehow translates into "being super online"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

My 9 yr old kid loves AEW now and hasn't watched or knows anything really about what the WWE is, so before all this nasty poo poo happened, I WAS going to introduce her to the Rumble tonight, but eh...

It'll be a Collision night.