Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Find it kind of funny that Dems are calling Trump the death of democracy when he's the one who wants his party's internal election process to continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

this r-worded loser is such a dipshit hack what does he wanting to continue campaigning to humiliate some turd have to do with authoritarianism

hes saying the RNC overriding its own "democratic" process to crown Trump would be authoritarian

of course he would never say the same thing about the DNC

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

hes saying the RNC overriding its own "democratic" process to crown Trump would be authoritarian

if i recall that freak was scolding to vote for blue genocide

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the RNC has backed off now after their lord emperor clowned them on this, lol.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

sure he did: in 2016 he was appealing to sanders siblings on that basis after the DNC wikileaks came out.

it was self-interest, but he did play on the unfairness angle. Don't recall if he did it again in 2020 tho.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

sure he did: in 2016 he was appealing to sanders siblings on that basis after the DNC wikileaks came out.

it was self-interest, but he did play on the unfairness angle. Don't recall if he did it again in 2020 tho.

maybe that's something I forgot about, 2016 somehow feels simultaneously like last year and a lifetime ago

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

here's an alleged gotcha from the wapo (as if they've said boo about assange under biden) about how often trump mentioned wikileaks in 2016:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl_XXiK3tCU&t=17s

granted, they aren't showing the "unfair to bernie" clips (and why would they? they were in the tank for clinton) but I definitely remember it.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

here's the wapo talking about a tweet trump sent out:

quote:

Last week, before the recent avalanche of news, Bernie Sanders finally endorsed Hillary Clinton, ending a bitter primary contest.

Donald Trump immediately tweeted an invitation to Sanders voters to join his campaign:

but the tweet is now deleted from the story, which was about how trump wouldn't win the following november (2016):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/07/19/this-one-survey-shows-why-trump-wont-win-over-sanders-supporters/

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Vox Nihili posted:

maybe that's something I forgot about, 2016 somehow feels simultaneously like last year and a lifetime ago

Lol what I wouldn't give to have those donations and volunteer hours back

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
funny if true

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1751315754010493285

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Wow, Second Lady Cheryl Hines!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

triple sulk posted:

Wow, Second Lady Cheryl Hines!

*curb theme plays*

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

absolutely believe it based on the numbers Kennedy is polling at and believe too that RFK Jr would take it

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Crazy enough to work...

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

who the gently caress is rfk's base? conspiracy theorists who are too ashamed to just support trump?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Spent the last five minutes laughing

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

triple sulk posted:

who the gently caress is rfk's base? conspiracy theorists who are too ashamed to just support trump?

I am baffled by any aspect of his support, platform, all of it

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

triple sulk posted:

PUMA membership.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Trump/RFK administration sounds like it would produce a lot of comedy so I'm for it

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Seems more like a cougar thing.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

given rfk's polling that would be smart for trump; rfk gets 10-20 percent in a 3-way race, attracts younger voters & a good chunk of democrats.

and if trump is a lock for the nomination it makes sense to start talking veep.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

this is funny, tho:

quote:

Kennedy has spoken against multiple vaccines, perhaps putting him at-odds with Trump, who funded the development of a COVID-19 vaccine during the pandemic in 2020.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

bedpan posted:

Trump/RFK administration sounds like it would produce a lot of comedy so I'm for it

yup

Willa Rogers posted:

given rfk's polling that would be smart for trump; rfk gets 10-20 percent in a 3-way race, attracts younger voters & a good chunk of democrats.

and if trump is a lock for the nomination it makes sense to start talking veep.

double yup

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

triple sulk posted:

as I said, his nos. are weirdly high among certain demos. You'd figure it'd be lib boomers voting for him but it's young indies who like him and idgi.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Willa Rogers posted:

as I said, his nos. are weirdly high among certain demos. You'd figure it'd be lib boomers voting for him but it's young indies who like him and idgi.

it makes no sense. i just looked at the wiki page about his campaign for his political stances and they're so all over the place. it's loving insane.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

triple sulk posted:

it makes no sense. i just looked at the wiki page about his campaign for his political stances and they're so all over the place. it's loving insane.

I would love to see if that support is the same when Trump is at the top of the ticket and he's VP. My theory is that young people supporting him is that he's a protest vote. They want to express disapproval of the two party system and he's a solid way to do it but not as VP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Finally. A Kennedy can bring some honor and integrity back to the white house.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
to the kennedys! the cause of, and solution to, all of america's problems

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Funny when I remember Trump doing impressions of him lifting weights

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Yeah there's a lot of people who have an unformed distrust and hatred of the political order but also recognize Trump as a huge rear end in a top hat, so a version of him thats a bit less of an open shithead can pick up some of the vote. Problem is if he ties his brand to Trump I'm not sure how much people will stick with him

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

StashAugustine posted:

Yeah there's a lot of people who have an unformed distrust and hatred of the political order but also recognize Trump as a huge rear end in a top hat, so a version of him thats a bit less of an open shithead can pick up some of the vote. Problem is if he ties his brand to Trump I'm not sure how much people will stick with him

Antivaxxers love Trump even when he had Warpspeed as his brainchild. It doesn’t matter. They just want Biden out.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It's the VP pick that would most move the needle, but VP picks don't move the needle much if at all. Or at least it doesn't move the needle up, VPs have the possibility of turning people away. It's why most VP picks are historically bland people.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nothing bad ever happens to the Kennedys!

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Azathoth posted:

It's the VP pick that would most move the needle, but VP picks don't move the needle much if at all. Or at least it doesn't move the needle up, VPs have the possibility of turning people away. It's why most VP picks are historically bland people.

It’s why someone like MtG won’t be picked unless Trump is having a spur of the moment. Gonna be a boring person like Stefanik.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

super sweet best pal posted:

Nothing bad ever happens to the Kennedys!

he's had armed stalkers show up at his rallies & some guy has broken into his house like 3x but the biden admin keeps turning down his requests for secret service protection, lol.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

DesertIslandHermit posted:

It’s why someone like MtG won’t be picked unless Trump is having a spur of the moment. Gonna be a boring person like Stefanik.

I think that if he doesn't go with rfk he's gonna pick a female veep: noem or haley, prolly. Maybe lake if it looks like she's polling badly for sinema's seat. Not sure about stefanik, really.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Willa Rogers posted:

he's had armed stalkers show up at his rallies & some guy has broken into his house like 3x but the biden admin keeps turning down his requests for secret service protection, lol.

good

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

trump should pick that psycho sheriff guy that he tried to make as head of the DHS or ICE or whatever it was

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

triple sulk posted:

It makes perfect sense most Americans are loving insane .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

VideoKid posted:

It makes perfect sense most Americans are loving insane .

you're right