Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

MassRafTer posted:

One thing that feels important to post is that a core argument of the lawsuit is that knowledge of this abuse was widespread in the company and there is a culture of sexual misconduct in WWE. This is not a case about a few bad apples but a company culture that permits it to happen, and based on some of the evidence cheerleads it.

None of those people gave their names, but then there was the Chatterton case back in, uh, 88?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

Which is funny because wasn't the story for ages Punk was super frugal?

What do my knuckles say

I ' M B R O K E

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Craptacular! posted:

None of those people gave their names, but then there was the Chatterton case back in, uh, 88?

What are you talking about?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

rotinaj posted:

Folks have laid out an at least convincing to me case for why punk might be too broke not to wrestle and make the millies he could undoubtedly get from tko

He mc hammer'd himself

I'm not a Hammer fan in any way, but I can respect that he got back out there and worked hard to get himself back up from being broke. Punk just threw his principles and beliefs out the window the minute he needed a paycheck.

Professor Skittles
Jul 10, 2008
It just gets worse and worse and worse.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

rotinaj posted:

He mc hammer'd himself

MC Burning Hammer

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

MassRafTer posted:

What are you talking about?

I'm saying that the anonymous accusations may not carry much weight with people in vacuum, but this has happened before and happened again since.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Craptacular! posted:

I'm saying that the anonymous accusations may not carry much weight with people in vacuum, but this has happened before and happened again since.

Anonymous accusations that Vince had to settle for millions of dollars including rushing to settle the Rita and 2011 cases before selling the company? Ones that were reported on in public and would definitely be known to the buyer?

Not to speak of all the other payouts reported by the WSJ that they didn't even mention.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Just got banned from reddit, most likely because I asserted, not even that strongly, that Hunter was Corporate Officer 1 because I really haven't posted anything else in years.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Dawgstar posted:

he was the frugal american

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxLZA_VgszU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Since we're on the subject of Punk, the only reason why Hausman alleged Jericho was like Weinstein based on nothing was because Punk told him to do it, right? Lol if so.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

I forget whether it was during the now-infamous podcast with Colt, or elsewhere, but Punk once said words to the effect of how "if you can't live comfortably off of $20 million, then you've got problems".

Going to guess that a bigger chunk of that $20 million got eaten up in legal fees than he'd originally anticipated (to say nothing of the $4 million house out in L.A. he bought, so he could be closer to producers looking to cast him in their next direct-to-streaming project).

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Drakkel posted:

Hearing that and seeing how much he loves hanging around the women that are all half his age gives me intense creep vibes at this point, to be honest.

Well he does support abortion rights

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

CM Punk is going to need a really wordy t shirt to get through this

Exactly

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Since we're on the subject of Punk, the only reason why Hausman alleged Jericho was like Weinstein based on nothing was because Punk told him to do it, right? Lol if so.

Sure would seem like it, there isn't much other reason to do it and then have no follow up or talk to any victims first

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I forget whether it was during the now-infamous podcast with Colt, or elsewhere, but Punk once said words to the effect of how "if you can't live comfortably off of $20 million, then you've got problems".

...yes, Phil. I expect I COULD live comfortably off twenty million.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Going to guess that a bigger chunk of that $20 million got eaten up in legal fees than he'd originally anticipated (to say nothing of the $4 million house out in L.A. he bought, so he could be closer to producers looking to cast him in their next direct-to-streaming project).

You hate to see it. I mean, somebody probably somewhere does.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Can we not make the Vince/lawsuit specific thread about CM Punk?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Take it to the funny thread so I don't feel gross talking about it here because it's very small compared to everything else but very funny

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

flashy_mcflash posted:

Just got banned from reddit, most likely because I asserted, not even that strongly, that Hunter was Corporate Officer 1 because I really haven't posted anything else in years.

I've been saying it a bunch in both Squared circle and WWE and they haven't touched me. Reddit moderating is so dumb.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Punk himself admitted to assaulting women in shoot interviews back when. He’s old school wrestling bad and always has been a pretty lovely guy

Yeah, just search “CM Punk bikini girl”.

Pre-2010 wrestlers being skeevy sex pests is like 70s rock stars being skeevy sex pests: it was part of the culture and they all loving did it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm told people on reddit are demanding Brock Lesnar and Vince be taken out of the video game, have no idea how widespread it is or where but if anyone goes on reddit let us know.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

to be clear you probably got banned from just one subreddit. if you actually got banned from the entire site you probably got mistaken for a bot somehow

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Professor Skittles posted:

If Slim Jim forgave, why can't we.

Jack Links says gently caress that

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Endorph posted:

to be clear you probably got banned from just one subreddit. if you actually got banned from the entire site you probably got mistaken for a bot somehow

Maybe it's a separate glitch? I don't use Reddit a ton and post even less, but I couldn't log in at all and I was able to rereg under my existing email address because there wasn't an account associated with it.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

God, it's so loving gross they shoved Bayley onto the presser first so the journalists would feel bad about asking her questions about Janel Grant.

https://twitter.com/Nick_Hausman/status/1741339105638711451

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Anyone that showed up to perform at the Royal Rumble can go gently caress themselves. As is anyone that watched it. This carny business can burn to ash.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1751475313954136441?t=5JS-Q_JpulhlmDG3pVJ9MQ&s=19

Hausman doing a Hausman again by asking this question to someone not named Triple H, but Cody's answer is pretty gross still.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

"I don't want to focus on the negatives, I want to focus on the positives."

Tony Khan answered the Jericho questions better and all he did was say "no comment" while wearing Toni Storm's furry hat and sunglasses.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Hunter just plainly saying when outright asked that he didn't read the lawsuit is such an egregious lie that it tells me all I really need to know about #1.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I think it's good Nick asked about it, actually.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Psychepath posted:

Hunter just plainly saying when outright asked that he didn't read the lawsuit is such an egregious lie that it tells me all I really need to know about #1.

Yeah, that’s loving vile. Even if there wasn’t an unnamed person who it seemed like was him, to say you haven’t read the lawsuit at all when you’re in the position he’s in is just insane and irresponsible. Just soulless, pathetic, blissful ignorance.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, that’s loving vile. Even if there wasn’t an unnamed person who it seemed like was him, to say you haven’t read the lawsuit at all when you’re in the position he’s in is just insane and irresponsible. Just soulless, pathetic, blissful ignorance.

Why would he read what he already knows?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Nick_Hausman/status/1741359489553404277

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

Why would he read what he already knows?

When you’re right you’re right

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Like if it's true it's a vast dereliction of duty.

Fe Vinum
Dec 17, 2013
Paul knew, Mods knew.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Atrocious showing by HHH at the presser. 10x worse than a ‘no comment’. I could see him getting fired simply for how badly he embarrassed himself here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't think this is going to go well for Triple H.

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1751488505354584076

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
"I mean yeah my father in law is a rapist and sex trafficker but WHO CARES LOOK HOW MUCH MONEY WE MADE THIS WEEK! :D"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

what an amazing week for WWE, well said Papa H

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Go gently caress yourself Paul, you were involved in the coverup and you know it's only a matter of time for them to come for you.