Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

yiiissssssssssssssssssssssss

oh god it's going to me a massive downgrade artwise isn't it

Yeah, I love the manga, but I think a lot of that enjoyment comes from the Doré-like linework. Looking forward to seeing how the magic is animated though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the cooking also fits into one of the other early conceits of dungeon meshi, which is it essentially creating a fantasy universe from a typical featureless classical rpg dungeon out of something like wizardry

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
English title shoulda been "Dungeon Fodder" imo

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Orb Crabmelt posted:

English title shoulda been "Dungeon Fodder" imo

Oh gently caress, that's good.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's a shame there wasn't an English was to translate the spanish one since it's apparently a pun on Dungeons and Dragons. In Espanol: D&D is Dragones y Mazmorras (lit. Dragons and Dungeons). The translation for Dungeon Meshi is: Tragones y Mazmorras (lit. Guzzlers or Gluttons and Dungeons)

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 26, 2024

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It should have been Dine-In Dungeon, actually.

Xelkelvos posted:

It's a shame there wasn't an English was to translate the spanish one since it's apparently a pun on Dungeons and Dragons. In Espanol: D&D is Dragones y Mazmorras (lit. Dragons and Dungeons). The translation for Dungeon Meshi is: Tragones y Mazmorras (lit. guzzlers or gluttons)

The French title is Gluttons & Dragons, along the same line.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Lemon-Lime posted:

It should have been Dine-In Dungeon, actually.

Diners, Dine-Ins, and Dragons?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Only thing the English title lacks is a convenient abbreviation, otherwise not sure why this continues to be a sticking point.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

haypliss posted:

Only thing the English title lacks is a convenient abbreviation, otherwise not sure why this continues to be a sticking point.

DinD?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
No that's French.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I think that's the best it would get, but this is also a case where the scan side of things seems to have ingrained the JP title (and kinda unappealing DunMesh/i shortening) more strongly online. Even though the JP always included the eventual English title. :shrug:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

haypliss posted:

I think that's the best it would get, but this is also a case where the scan side of things seems to have ingrained the JP title (and kinda unappealing DunMesh/i shortening) more strongly online. Even though the JP always included the eventual English title. :shrug:

Delicious in Dungeon came from Japan iirc which is why it's so clunky.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Xelkelvos posted:

Delicious in Dungeon came from Japan iirc which is why it's so clunky.

Ah, you mean Attack on Titan

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

It's a shame there wasn't an English was to translate the spanish one since it's apparently a pun on Dungeons and Dragons. In Espanol: D&D is Dragones y Mazmorras (lit. Dragons and Dungeons). The translation for Dungeon Meshi is: Tragones y Mazmorras (lit. guzzlers or gluttons)

lol

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

I thought the anime got announced ages?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

doomrider7 posted:

I thought the anime got announced ages?

Coaaab posted:

yeah, it was announced in 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Xelkelvos posted:

It's a shame there wasn't an English was to translate the spanish one since it's apparently a pun on Dungeons and Dragons. In Espanol: D&D is Dragones y Mazmorras (lit. Dragons and Dungeons). The translation for Dungeon Meshi is: Tragones y Mazmorras (lit. Guzzlers or Gluttons and Dungeons)

Delicious in Dungeon is DinD, ie: DnD, ie: D&D. That is the exact joke they are going for.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So I'm watching Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic and I'm actually enjoying it so far. It helps that he got an adorable bear sidekick last week. The action so far feels grounded for fantasy and we'll see if that continues as the story progresses.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Yeah I thought I'd drop it almost immediately but it's holding my attention better than the other isekai adjacent show I tried this season (Solo Leveling). Premise is just goofy enough.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ive checked out a couple other Korean webcomics and its kind of crazy how 'set' the stock isekai settings are. Japanese stories are pretty much all 'I got hit by a truck and teleported elsewhere' while Korean stories are almost entirely 'Otherworldly portals called 'dungeons' just started showing up all over Seoul!'

The ones not set in an MMO at least.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The Japanese want to live in Dragon Quest and the Koreans want a capitalist utopia with infinite resources.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Oh I just realized I'm also watching fluffy paradise and that one is great (fun, not objective quality lmao).

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
korean fantasy is just korea excepts adventurer guilds are the chaebol

chinese fantasy is just historical china and you buy really expensive pills and ginseng to get superpowers

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Does this mean Japan's Isekai foundation is just "I don't want to be here anymore"?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Yawgmoft posted:

Does this mean Japan's Isekai foundation is just "I don't want to be here anymore"?

It's been that way since Truck-kun.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

what's american fantasy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Being able to kill a person without legal consequence

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

GateOfD posted:

what's american fantasy

walking dead

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

another melodramatic Sign of Affection episode

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Melodrama? In a romcom? Is that even legal?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

it is not please report to the authorities immediately

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Being able to kill a person without legal consequence

Is that why so many people keep moving to Florida?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GateOfD posted:

another melodramatic Sign of Affection episode

Barely counted as drama...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That said not sure what childhood friends gameplan was, win her over by switching between being a jerk and over protective weirdo?

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
i cant believe firefighter daigo is still going

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Spookydonut posted:

i cant believe firefighter daigo is still going

wait what lmao

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
They're having a firefighter tournament arc.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
the Mashle S2 OP > S1 OP, but the S1 ED > S2 ED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hirogaru Sky had a decent ending overall and next season’s lead is already adorable (Crunchyroll didn’t even cut the handoff between the leads this time around)