Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

honeypot to lure in people watching wwe and tell them they're loving dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Welp, if I ain't gonna hate-watch this stupid garbage with m'goons, then I guess I'll save $5.99 a month. Peace out Peacock!

At least watch Traitors, it is such a great guilty pleasure type show.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I'm bullying goons who watch the rape company because they deserve it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

That DICK! posted:

voted 5 to lure

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Yeah I gotta figure out a schedule. I was just sticking with WWE because it was easy and I already had the historical knowledge.

the way I've done it is vpn, aew+ subscription. If I can't catch something live I can always watch it later.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

That DICK! posted:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

At least watch Traitors, it is such a great guilty pleasure type show.

Someone described it to me today as the second coming of The Mole which is all they needed to do to sell it to me, if true

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this thread is kind of like the royal rumble with all the posters no one recognizes who keep showing up and getting a poor reaction

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Real question, why is this thread even open? It seems like any talk outside of Vince gets a negative reactions, and there's already a thread dedicated to talking about Vince, which seems to be the only acceptable subject right now. You even had a mod coming in and saying you're posting at your own peril if you talk about WWE. So why not avoid all this conflict and close this thread?

Counterpoint: why not have two threads devoted to making GBS threads on this terrible company and the absolute monster who owned it?

If people are that upset about not being able to discuss the loving Rumble, well I just don't know what to tell them. Sorry about your drat luck, I guess, maybe next time follow a company that isn't the decades-long project of a serial rapist?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this thread is kind of like the royal rumble with all the posters no one recognizes who keep showing up and getting a poor reaction

lmao

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

it's been wild seeing folks coming out of the woodwork. But I was happy to see wresslormonkey

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Shard posted:

it's been wild seeing folks coming out of the woodwork. But I was happy to see wresslormonkey

tatanka pop for that dude

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

got 'em

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

Someone described it to me today as the second coming of The Mole which is all they needed to do to sell it to me, if true

i watched season 1, pretty good stuff. the challenges are all useless but all the interpersonal content makes it worth it

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Heck, we even have "eliminations", or in this case "probations", which is basically like them getting tossed out of the (posting) ring :)

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

I got hooked by the same pitch but I couldn't get more than half an episode into Traitors before i had to turn it off because of the melodrama.

If you go back and watch the original Mole series they play it pretty straight, and even the recent Mole isn't as bad as Traitors seemed to be with the reality show stuff.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lol

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Real question, why is this thread even open? It seems like any talk outside of Vince gets a negative reactions, and there's already a thread dedicated to talking about Vince, which seems to be the only acceptable subject right now. You even had a mod coming in and saying you're posting at your own peril if you talk about WWE. So why not avoid all this conflict and close this thread?

The thread's still here to talk about the WWE. Yeah, it's going to get a negative reaction right now, because right now, it's impossible to extricate the WWE from the horrible poo poo it is currently trying to cover up. That does not mean you can't do it, or even talk about it here! Some people have even been doing it! But, yes, people are going to be mad right now. I am enough of an herb about trying to get everyone to be nice to everyone that my moderating annoys half of this forum and, right now, even I'm not going to give people poo poo about it. This is an extremely reasonable time to be mad.

It's still perfectly fine to talk about the WWE in the WWE thread. The thread audience is not particularly positive about the WWE right now, and that's fine, too. The only thing that's going to get you authoritatively dinged is getting mad at people for being mad or pulling a 'did you consider that you, too, might have flaws' because it's stupid.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JUNGLE BOY posted:

folks,

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

JUNGLE BOY posted:

we should have a new thread rule that anyone coming in to moan about the reaction WWE is getting right now has to at least pick a theme song to come in to

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

3 A.M. Radio posted:

This:

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Also, the other thread is analyzing the accusations pretty seriously, this is the unleaded angry venting thread.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

the minute you close this thread some geniuses will come along and try to wedge broader fed conversations into the Vince thread and be mad about that

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
when the weinstein stuff happened did CineD have an influx of randos posting about how they are gonna watch a miramax film all of a sudden

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

That DICK! posted:

we all still post here. we’re all loving dumb.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

idk. you may not be wrong but that seems like a more complex discussion

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Seams posted:

when the weinstein stuff happened did CineD have an influx of randos posting about how they are gonna watch a miramax film all of a sudden

We've already had someone post about how they're still a Roman Polanski fan, so gonna guess "yeah, probably"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

who is more the fool.... the fool or the fool who follows him around to call him a fuckin dip poo poo....

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

We all watch wrestling and I have it on good authority that it's fake so we're all morons.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

CarlCX posted:

We all watch wrestling and I have it on good authority that it's fake so we're all morons.

:smith: no, I'm smart, I knew it was fake before everybody else did!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

CarlCX posted:

nah I'm smart, I watch plenty of reality TV to counteract this fake poo poo

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

CarlCX posted:

This Roman Reigns match isn't fake. If it was fake surely it would be less boring.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Seams posted:

You know these two things are wildly different

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

This Roman Reigns match isn't fake. If it was fake surely it would be less boring.

this is why it's funny to witness just how many people apparently NEEDED to see this show

I hope the ones who just couldn't avoid their watch parties they'd committed to looked around at some point and realized how much of the time their friends/family were just bored and scrolling through their phones instead of even watching

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eventually this thread will move on to real topics, like being real glad we never got those jackets from the dirty money

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It is wild that Hausman tried to pin the Weinstein label on Jericho literally like a week ago and then this poo poo happened

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Eventually this thread will move on to real topics, like being real glad we never got those jackets from the dirty money

Wait a goddamn minute. I would gladly slip my blood-covered hands through the sleeves of an ornate silken jacket that was long ago promised to me

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Wait a goddamn minute. I would gladly slip my blood-covered hands through the sleeves of an ornate silken jacket that was long ago promised to me

yeah............. we are 100% not letting this off the hook emf

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

I'm not watching, but do let me know if, say, the bloodline interferes and ruins the match, somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

CarlCX posted:

I'm not watching, but do let me know if, say, the bloodline interferes and ruins the match, somehow

lol they just did. right this second.