Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Gawr Gooner
Mar 3, 2023
Eating a hot dog 8 minutes before close
I'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I got the Japanese barbecue sauce and I’ve been using it as kind of a stir-fry sauce. A bit too sweet for my tastes though as a general stir fry sauce, I gotta figure out how to make it more teriyaki like.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

We somehow got this really nice strip mall authentic Japanese place that will kick out an amazing teriyaki bowl of rice, pork/chicken

It's been around for like 20 years and it's apparently pretty authentic they use their parents recipe who were 1st gen Japanese immigrants. No idea why they came here but they're great.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Eeyo posted:

I got the Japanese barbecue sauce and I’ve been using it as kind of a stir-fry sauce. A bit too sweet for my tastes though as a general stir fry sauce, I gotta figure out how to make it more teriyaki like.

it pairs extremely well with chicken demi glacé. all you gotta do is cook down chicken stock until it starts getting dark and thick then mix in bachan to taste. best to start with an unsalted stock though or you’ll end up with a salt bomb

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

pentyne posted:

If you want to live dangerously you buy the chocolate covered smores with the kettle cooked caramel, and the regular peanut butter pretzels, and you eat them in a 1:2 combination.

Those smores are no longer allowed in my house.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Ugh, they all have sesame. My husband developed a sesame allergy recently and navigating that has been a minefield. I am sad. :smith:

I've had a sesame allergy since 2006. Life has been far far easier in recent years with sesame getting on the "mandatory notify" list of allergens and I haven't had a cross contamination mishap since 2017. Good luck to you and your husband.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

parking lot is a real mental health trial today

had a standoff with a guy in a Mercedes who cut the turn into the parking lot lane so hard he ended up directly in front of me in the wrong direction. He wanted me to back up and go around him

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i walk to my costco. this makes me kinda a monstrosity but lol at gettin a car again in san francisco and double lol at parking at the sf costco

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The lunch specials are the only ones I ever got. I worked at Google for 2 years as a temp (almost everyone in the building was a temp besides the contract manager person who had an office lol) in Kirkland where I lived and the catering there was god awful. The building was hastily built and had a big parking garage and everything but holy poo poo did everyone complain about the food. Like, I don't know how that catering company existed because it was just sooooo bad. But we were all poor so we just kinda dealt with it.

The teriyaki place nearby was a godsend.

Oh drat I had no idea you could use that sauce to make Seattle teriyaki, I have to try it now. That's pretty much what I lived on as a poor college student and I've really been craving it.

Also I was a temp for Google a long time ago in a different location. It had an actual kitchen with food staff and most of the time the food was pretty ok but sometimes it'd be bad. Baked potato got voted as one the most liked lunch options. People got some questionable taste.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
CostAco??

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Eeyo posted:

add cornstarch, marinate

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 28, 2024

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Sams Club has better pizza than Costco and I don't care who I tell.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.

It's-a me, Cost-a-co

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

tagesschau posted:

It's-a me, Cost-a-co

The way the self checkout lady announces "THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING AT COST CO" is weird everytime.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

dentist toy box posted:

inquisitor? yes, this one here, sir

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tiny Timbs posted:

gonna go to Costco tomorrow

Hoping to find that sauce

So you guys know that the Bachan's sauce is on sale in the next booklet right? The one that starts on the 31st. Assuming thats the sauce people are talking about

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

good because i got a tv and forgot to look for the sauce

How do I register for the extra All State warranty? I saw it ring up but there’s no paperwork

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'm going on a trip tomorrow. Decided I needed to use the bigger suitcase, roll on was going to be too small. Got the big one out, besides being way too heavy the two wheels didn't exactly roll. Well poo poo. With the nerve pain I currently have, I absolutely need something that rolls. "I'm sure Costco will have something " I thought, felt like something I'd seen there millions of times.

I get there, eventually I find ONE two case set for $129.97.

PBUC

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So you guys know that the Bachan's sauce is on sale in the next booklet right? The one that starts on the 31st. Assuming thats the sauce people are talking about

Woah, yeah. $2.70 off. Also the Fitcrunch bars are $6 off. I might have to make a Costco run soon.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

KakerMix posted:

The way the self checkout lady announces "THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING AT COST CO" is weird everytime.

Good, I'm not the only one.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tiny Timbs posted:

good because i got a tv and forgot to look for the sauce

How do I register for the extra All State warranty? I saw it ring up but there’s no paperwork

You have to go online to do that. I think its supposed to be technically optional, though if you do need to file a claim or something then you probably have to fill out stuff on that same site anyways.
https://www.squaretrade.com/costco/

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Woah, yeah. $2.70 off. Also the Fitcrunch bars are $6 off. I might have to make a Costco run soon.

Oh hell yeah I'm gonna get so fit, by crunching.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
FitCrunch bars are great if you want to clean the ol pipes.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

dentist toy box posted:

In the name of OP ban this filth

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

KakerMix posted:

What you don't call it "cost company"?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Grabbed a chocolate mousse cake from the bakery for dessert for a family thing. I've been eyeing it for years and have been looking for an excuse to get it. This was the perfect opportunity.

It was fine. A better than average store bought chocolate cake. Not what I was expecting but yet still perfect for the occasion 7/10

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You have to go online to do that. I think its supposed to be technically optional, though if you do need to file a claim or something then you probably have to fill out stuff on that same site anyways.
https://www.squaretrade.com/costco/

I bought a TV 2 years and 2 months ago and just signed myself on the warranty website after it died. No issues waiting to set it up. Made the claim - let's see if it's a pain!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

SirPablo posted:

FitCrunch bars are great if you want to clean the ol pipes.
That is uhhhh not exactly my experience with them, but I love them.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I'm done with the peanut butter fitcrunch bars

Mint fitcrunch bars are my new best friend

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

dentist toy box posted:

Enjoy the taste of Sam Walton's jizz, do you?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
They don't have food court cookie or peanut butter pretzels in Australia (at least where I went) but I did get a big tray of hot cross buns and Anzac biscuits so that's a win for me.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Whooping Crabs posted:

I'm done with the peanut butter fitcrunch bars

Mint fitcrunch bars are my new best friend

Now try the peanut butter and jelly ones

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Had cookie yesterday, was decent. Now I'm all stocked up for Super Bowl.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

dentist toy box posted:

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

I've had a sesame allergy since 2006. Life has been far far easier in recent years with sesame getting on the "mandatory notify" list of allergens and I haven't had a cross contamination mishap since 2017. Good luck to you and your husband.

One of the frustrating things as of late is all of the manufacturers adding additional sesame ingredients to their products rather than better manage their allergen programs. I work in the food industry (food scientist) and I get that allergen programs can be onerous but a lot of products have newly added surprise sesame, including a major local bakery in the PNW.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2023/08/30/1196640997/a-sesame-allergy-law-has-made-it-harder-to-avoid-the-seed-heres-why

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

One of the frustrating things as of late is all of the manufacturers adding additional sesame ingredients to their products rather than better manage their allergen programs. I work in the food industry (food scientist) and I get that allergen programs can be onerous but a lot of products have newly added surprise sesame, including a major local bakery in the PNW.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2023/08/30/1196640997/a-sesame-allergy-law-has-made-it-harder-to-avoid-the-seed-heres-why

Every drat frozen French fry offered at my local has wheat or a combo of wheat and barley on them.

How the hell do you not have plain fries? Simplest dang prepared food on the market, and they can't make it safe for celiacs.

Vvvv that looks better than the one I have. Throw's too short, can't load longer taters. Buddy in college had a hand held one , with handles on the sides of the cutter. Lop off the end of your spud, stand it up on the counter, and swiftly plunge the cutter down on it. Could cut fries of any length.

Frozen have the bonus of already being parboiled. Starting from scratch is a bunch more work to get good fries.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 28, 2024

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

business center gotcha covered

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Restaurant fries al started adding gluten to help them maintain texture when they cool off because everyone is ordinary way more delivery than they used to. It's bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

TrashMammal posted:

business center gotcha covered

Don't forget to blanch first