Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Halloween Jack posted:

That's the closest he's ever been to doing the right thing.

yeah a few more steps forward and he woulda done it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Big lol at losing Nevada. Good job dems

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

the milk machine posted:

if a ship is us flagged they have to pay us wages and have us labor protections and it has to be built to us standards, etc (yes lol at us standards being good, but there is way way worse out there)

us flagged commercial ships are extremely expensive to operate so they almost don't exist outside of situations where the ship has to be flagged in the us (jones act shipping mostly)

Ditto Canada, so you really only see both flags on the Great Lakes and the Seaway.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

if trump wins it will be a 300+ EV victory

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nothus posted:

Big lol at losing Nevada. Good job dems

What'd they do in Nevada?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

What'd they do in Nevada?

burned their party infrastructure to the ground because a group of people associated with archliberal Bernie Sanders managed to get their hands on the democratic machine

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

lmao that's still haunting them?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Salt the earth

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
They must not challenge us.
Ever.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tbf I think it's technically a double whammy with Reid gone.
So many dem operatives grew up with machine politics already in place in states like Nevada and as the folks who kept it running and actually made the deals that kept it functional have grown feeble, died, or moved on they've just been coasting by on inertia. Nevada only ran blue because of what he set up and the deals he was making with unions. They lost that first. Then when they torpedoed the state party the folks who volunteered and made the party actually functional didn't follow the leadership and operatives. So they were floating by on a combination of progressives, working class labor, and inertia torching the party lost them all 3 lol

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 03:19 on Jan 28, 2024

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
joe biden is going to lose

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
inshallah he gets embarrassed

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ex post facho posted:

If he's alive and awake he'll still go out on stage and deliver a victory speech on Nov 5th or maybe give a concession speech in which he wishes Mike Dukakis the best of luck in the general election and Jill has to help him off the stage.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
it's like I always say "lots of luck in your senior year, Jack"

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

ex post facho posted:

If the polling stays as dire as that map through the summer, I still think the party tries a hail Mary and replaces him right before the convention.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Nothus posted:

If the polling stays as dire as that map through the summer, I still think the party tries a hail Mary and replaces him right before the convention.

With who? Gavin "sleazy car salesman" Newsom? Kamala? Who the gently caress do they have. They're just screwed and truly believe they aren't. I know a bunch of DC libs and they all sniff their own farts. They have no backup plan

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

It's her turn... again.... :abuela:

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Nothus posted:

It’s still Her Turn after all.

No seriously, it’ll almost certainly be Hillary.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I'd vote for her in a primary bc that poo poo would be funny as hell

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Nothus posted:

nah the Democrats have been clearing the decks and pruning the new branches for 20 years to put their preferred candidate on the ticket. There is almost no next generation, it's doddering olds to the very end. They'll drive the Biden Train right off the cliff.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
If Hillary is on the ballot in November I'd need to think of a different funny write in. Maybe Kamala?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Don't joke vote, vote for a third party candidate instead. Write them in if they're not on your state's ballot.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Halloween Jack posted:

That's the closest he's ever been to doing the right thing.

lmao

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Brogeoisie posted:

With who? Gavin "sleazy car salesman" Newsom? Kamala? Who the gently caress do they have. They're just screwed and truly believe they aren't. I know a bunch of DC libs and they all sniff their own farts. They have no backup plan

Andrew Cuomo

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Brogeoisie posted:

Watch them go with the rat and have Trump mock the fact that planes are falling from the sky on his watch.

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.

Don't joke vote, vote for a third party candidate instead. Write them in if they're not on your state's ballot.

All votes are joke votes

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Horror_Business posted:

All votes are joke votes

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Horror_Business posted:

All votes are joke votes

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

This is what I do. My vote's worthless anyway, so I might as well use it to help piss off some Dem partisan.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
If the democrats have taught me anything it's that pol pot was right about people who go to university

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
there are rumors on the right that the dems will put michelle in at the convention. she was at 11/1 odds to win a few days ago, third behind trump and biden

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Brogeoisie posted:

J

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
B

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Big three posts for a big governor

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I just realized I don't know the difference, visually between JB and sgt Landsman from the wire

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Brogeoisie posted:

For the last loving time: Run Oprah you cowards

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/wideofthepost/status/1751629652530020456

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
no i need you to put that away

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

joe says: i will kill u later! *click*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

back in the day they said the civil rights movement was controlled by the russians