Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Captain France posted:

It's a pacing issue. Right after a big climactic moment, the original cast was shelved for, IIRC, almost a whole year. Imagine if right after Belobog, we spent an entire year on the Luofu with Dan and none of the rest of the express.

I had been keeping up with the Elysian Realm side content so it wasn't a completely new cast for me but that's still going from probably the highest point in the entire series to slow down and partially reintroduce the new guys for people who skipped that, slowly increase the temperature, and the entire time having "I like those other people better" in the back of my head.

But then I'm also not as big a fan on that arc as the other HI3 players here. It had it's moments, but the larger cast gave nearly everyone less attention which is one of the differences I like between HI3 and the other Hoyo games, the ramping back up felt pretty slow to me, I just don't find about half the Flame Chasers interesting, Mei's own big arc being shared with so many other characters and not really following why she left in the first place felt like she got extremely narratively screwed even before she loving leaves early, and there was far too much focus on Elysia's second big secret, which is that she is the most perfectly human but also the most inhumanly perfect person to ever exist, she is flawless and beautiful and her new outfit is a wedding dress and she died for our sins, twice.

Also like half of Mei's character now seems to be "I sure do remember the Flame Chasers."

To be fair, it's also the second arc I played at release pace instead of archivally. While I still prefer the normal chapter format for HI3 over the Open Worlds, the Elysian Realm, while a bit confusing to navigate, is way better than some boring European village. Vill-V is a sexy steampunk mad scientist/magician/engineer/chef/philosopher with split personalities and she's great. Dr. Mobius is basically Vriska Homestuck as a mad scientist and she's great. Klein is the single cutest mascot type character in all of Hoyo, even with the Melusines now existing. ER had it's good points even if I did not like when it became the main story for a while.

Anyway that Penacony sure looks cool right? Not that the Luofu is entirely mundane, but it's very cool getting to see the Star Rail team go weird on locations.

You gonna make the HI3 thread so all discussion about it moves there? It's about time to make the thread, since the main villains of Part 2 got revealed and it'll stop clogging up this thread with HI3 discussion unless it relates to Welt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sleng Teng posted:

I hate how true this has been for me so far.

I did get Speed boots for the Prisoner set. Moving closer to Sampo having his own clothes.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Everything's coming up DEF or HP suits with flat stats. If I weren't grinding this specifically for upgrade fodder I'd be mad.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Selenephos posted:

You gonna make the HI3 thread so all discussion about it moves there? It's about time to make the thread, since the main villains of Part 2 got revealed and it'll stop clogging up this thread with HI3 discussion unless it relates to Welt.

I mean if you wanna do it you feel free, I don't have dibs and keep putting it off. I don't follow leaks either so if I was focusing on Part 2 instead of on Part 1 being finished I'd probably have to wait?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://x.com/furinagfs/status/1751130911628767478?t=sL2PqqkeFnfBifZGt_O7Rg&s=35

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

*gripping palms so tight I draw blood* good for them honestly.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bad Video Games posted:

I did get Speed boots for the Prisoner set. Moving closer to Sampo having his own clothes.

I just used self modeling resin as soon as the set came out. I've since improved on what came from those crafts but there's no reason to not use them.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Traveller posted:

Everything's coming up DEF or HP suits with flat stats. If I weren't grinding this specifically for upgrade fodder I'd be mad.

The substats are absolutely poo poo, but it's the right set and mains. That feels more important than substats for the Prisoner and Duke sets in particular.

And I just got a Prisoner Attack chest and Duke Speed boots. The subs are poo poo, but that's a decent boost in damage for Sampo and Topaz. Now I can spend the rest of the double rewards trying to upgrade Quinque's gear. The best I can get her is 78/115 without breaking her Quantum set.

Kyrosiris posted:

I just used self modeling resin as soon as the set came out. I've since improved on what came from those crafts but there's no reason to not use them.

I'm out. I can't remember what I spent all of mine on, except a bunch of ER ropes. I've since pulled a ton of er ropes as well. I have at least 5 not leveled, 2 leveled that I don't use often, and 4 in constant use. I need more Attack ropes. :D

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 27, 2024

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

my grinding's going great, why do you ask

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpKc8N3FJsQ

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Sleng Teng posted:

I hate how true this has been for me so far.

It would be great if the Hackerspace domain would stop throwing Longevius pieces at me when I don't have Blade.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Tree Reformat posted:

It would be great if the Hackerspace domain would stop throwing Longevius pieces at me when I don't have Blade.

Get Blade. You have the relics!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I kinda regret using my free pick on Clara. Not because she's bad, but shes probably the weakest destruction 5 star??? and I'd rather just use Jingliu. + I look at my Erudition characters, and then at Himeko and thought maybe she would've been a better choice (especially now that we have PF)

but for all I know maybe C6 QQ and Herta are better than her??? idk

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Clara's big benefit is she works well for any content that's good for Argenti.

She's probably the reason the new weekly boss has never given me trouble.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Any dps that doesn't cost skill points is great. The enemy is weak to Physical? Put Clara on that team. Wind? Blade. Fire? Topaz.

Though I do agree with the sentiment. There are times I wish I had gotten Homeko instead, but I wanted Himeko before she was good. At the time, I simply wanted Clara more.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Meowywitch posted:

I kinda regret using my free pick on Clara. Not because she's bad, but shes probably the weakest destruction 5 star??? and I'd rather just use Jingliu. + I look at my Erudition characters, and then at Himeko and thought maybe she would've been a better choice (especially now that we have PF)

but for all I know maybe C6 QQ and Herta are better than her??? idk

Clara is like the best phys dps in the game

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm curious about the odds of this. I imagine it might be at a "literally only a handful of people have had this happen" level.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The math is pretty simple since you don't need to worry about pity rates or anything, but I'm not gonna do it.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

I'd agree that in some nebulous tier list sense Clara is probably the worst 5* Destruction character in the game, but that says a lot more about Destruction than it does about Clara because she's still pretty great

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Ryanbomber posted:

I'd agree that in some nebulous tier list sense Clara is probably the worst 5* Destruction character in the game, but that says a lot more about Destruction than it does about Clara because she's still pretty great

Turns out being all-rounders in an RPG is pretty good, since that's basically Destruction's "thing". They're good at everything a little bit instead of one thing a lot, relative to Erudition/Nihility/Hunt. Additionally most Destruction are intended to have some self-sufficiency (heal/defense benefits) so they dip in on the Preservation/Abundance front too.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpq5uBSk434

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Clarste posted:

The math is pretty simple since you don't need to worry about pity rates or anything, but I'm not gonna do it.

Yeah I know, I'm also just too lazy to fool with it

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

love that star rail just makes so much money, they're like yea, lets do this video this way just because

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

I'm curious about the odds of this. I imagine it might be at a "literally only a handful of people have had this happen" level.

it's low enough that putting it into a binomial probability counter just said the chance was 0, hitting a .6% chance 4 times in 10 trials is absurd to say nothing of the fact that at least one of them if not 2 were also winning the 50/50.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's a 0.6% chance 3 times in 10 trials. The first Kafka probably hit pity.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Eej posted:

It's a 0.6% chance 3 times in 10 trials. The first Kafka probably hit pity.

If this is the case, for the sake of simplicity that's about a 1/50k chance to happen for any given 10 pull.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Shooting my shot at a basic theory: We'll do something to break the dream machine running Penacony (intentionally or otherwise) and find out there's a sizable population of people that are just corpses because they dreamed themselves to death.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

GateOfD posted:

love that star rail just makes so much money, they're like yea, lets do this video this way just because

they bought an entire species of rose just to promote argenti; it's so dumb I love it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean, that's not really a twist. Xipe and The Family just hijacked the ipc prison, and the only reason why it hasn't been glassed is because you don't gently caress with an Aeon regardless

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ryanbomber posted:

It's true, destruction hypercarry is ez mode (it rules)

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

I had assumed that just as Wildfire was in English and Samudrartha was in Mandarin that this really catchy bop was just in English. Because that would make sense.

But I checked the other language channels and Hoyo recorded a different version in every supported voice-over language. I guess space Australia is truly international. But also I'm pretty loving floored by this. I can't decide which one I like best, they're all good! So stoked for Penacony!!!

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I actually don't think Penacony is supposed to be Space Australia. I think the name might have bamboozled everyone. As an Australian, jazz, classic animation, theme parks and art deco skyscrapers are all things I associate with America. And the British did transport prisoners to the colonies there, too.

Belobog feels more Australian to me than Penacony does so far. Climate notwithstanding.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the australia comparison is because it started as a penal colony

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
fukken oath mate

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

FractalSandwich posted:

I actually don't think Penacony is supposed to be Space Australia. I think the name might have bamboozled everyone. As an Australian, jazz, classic animation, theme parks and art deco skyscrapers are all things I associate with America. And the British did transport prisoners to the colonies there, too.

Belobog feels more Australian to me than Penacony does so far. Climate notwithstanding.

Also it seems pretty Brisbane/Melbourne to me, although yes, it is very Walt Disney Art Deco America too.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Yeah nah I’m still claiming it as space oz: it has sky whales, we got the Skywhale. it’s all sorted :australia:

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

the australia comparison is because it started as a penal colony

it might still be apt. a bunch of lunatic american cultists supplanting the native culture with their own slick, glitzy version designed to keep the consumers docile and complacent while still charging out the wazoo for the privilege is probably something a lot of austrailians can relate to

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Also it could easily not be, or be written terribly, but the whole "Dreamland" thing is at least sort of plausibly associated with Australian Dreamtime Stories.

Edit: Terribly as in accidentally offensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
That’s a lot of a reach tbh