Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 1/27

MOTYC: House of Black ( Malakai Black, Brody King, & Buddy Matthews) vs. FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood) & Daniel Garcia)

That last match is one of the most impeccably laid out matches I've ever watched. Absolutely incredible.

Came here to post this. Basically the perfect cage match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 1/27

HM: Jon Moxley & Claudio Castagnoli vs. Shane Taylor & Lee Moriarty
HM: Komander vs. Orange Cassidy
HM: Mariah May vs. Lady Frost
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Yuji Nagata
MOTYC: House of Black ( Malakai Black, Brody King, & Buddy Matthews) vs. FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood) & Daniel Garcia)

That last match is one of the most impeccably laid out matches I've ever watched. Absolutely incredible.

Nth, this was the best Collision they've done IMO

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Just absolutely buzzing from that cage match. MOTYC

Danielson/Nagata was also HM

Today's collision I guess

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Jerusalem posted:

Hell yeah, 2nd, that was glorious.

Nth, holy poo poo what a match

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 1/27

HM: Komander vs. Orange Cassidy - AEW International Championship
HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Yuji Nagata
MOTYC: House of Black ( Malakai Black, Brody King, & Buddy Matthews) vs. FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood) & Daniel Garcia) - Escape the Cage Match

nth with one change, what a loving show

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 1/27

Nth. AEW normal TV is starting to get up to PPV levels, and their PPVs are reaching "good years of Wrestle Kingdom" levels.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 1/27

Hell yeah what a great Collision

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
NJPW Road to New Beginning - 1/24

HM: Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, & Tomohiro Ishii (c) v. Kosei Fujita, Mikey Nicholls, & Shane Haste for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Titles
Emotionally charged match, with huge crowd reactions for Okada. CHAOS's run with the belts has led to some really great matches and this was no exception.

MOTYC: Ren Narita v. Shota Umino
Thoroughly engrossing match. Loving Narita's character as a House of Torture guy. These guys are going to have a killer Wrestle Kingdom main event one day.

AEW Collision - 1/27

HM: Bryan Danielson v. Yuji Nagata
Love to live in a world where this match can happen on national TV. Nagata can still hang with the best of 'em but Bryan really made him shine.

MOTYC: Daniel Garcia, Cash Wheeler, & Dax Harwood v. Malakai Black, Brody King, & Buddy Matthews in a 6-man escape the cage match
A superbly booked match with everyone working their asses off. Daniel Garcia is quickly becoming my favorite young guy in AEW.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 1/27

Nth. Danielson vs Nagata far exceeded what I expected, too. What a banger.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

HM: Danielson vs Nagata
MOTYC: House of Black vs FTR+Garcia

Garcia has been absolutely killing it since the C2.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
WMOTY: WWE Mens Royal Rumble. So boring and bad
HM: WWE Women's Royal Rumble

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

Tank44 posted:

WMOTY: WWE Mens Royal Rumble. So boring and bad

NTH

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

apophenium posted:

NJPW Road to New Beginning - 1/24

HM: Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, & Tomohiro Ishii (c) v. Kosei Fujita, Mikey Nicholls, & Shane Haste for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Titles
Emotionally charged match, with huge crowd reactions for Okada. CHAOS's run with the belts has led to some really great matches and this was no exception.

MOTYC: Ren Narita v. Shota Umino
Thoroughly engrossing match. Loving Narita's character as a House of Torture guy. These guys are going to have a killer Wrestle Kingdom main event one day.

AEW Collision - 1/27

HM: Bryan Danielson v. Yuji Nagata
Love to live in a world where this match can happen on national TV. Nagata can still hang with the best of 'em but Bryan really made him shine.

MOTYC: Daniel Garcia, Cash Wheeler, & Dax Harwood v. Malakai Black, Brody King, & Buddy Matthews in a 6-man escape the cage match
A superbly booked match with everyone working their asses off. Daniel Garcia is quickly becoming my favorite young guy in AEW.

Nth...sorry double post

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Sweet Dreams January 28th
MOTYC
KONOSUKE TAKESHITA vs Naruki Doi
- The two guys are pretty good at this wrestling thing

Yuki Ueno (c) vs Yukio Naya - KO-D Openweight Title
- Pretty much a foregone conclusion but I was entranced by Ueno's desperation at the end of the match

HM
Yukio Sakaguchi vs Hideki Okatani
- Was hoping for more here, but this was brutal for the short time it had

Schadenfreude International (Chris Brookes and Masahiro Takanashi) vs MAO and TAKA Michinoku
- What a lovely time, brought my mood back up after the emotions of the previous match

Kazuki Hirata (c) vs Shunma Katsumata - Toi Kojima Challenge Deathmatch for the DDT Extreme Title
- Hirata got to pull off some slick moves and we got to see Toi Kojima fail at basic tasks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

HM: Yuki Ueno (C) vs. Yukio Naya for the KO-D Openweight Title - DDT Sweet Dreams 1/28
- Pretty much a foregone conclusion but I was entranced by Ueno's desperation at the end of the match

HM: Kazuki Hirata (C) vs. Shunma Katsumata in a Toi Kojima Challenge Deathmatch for the DDT Extreme Title - DDT Sweet Dreams 1/28
- Hirata got to pull off some slick moves and we got to see Toi Kojima fail at basic tasks

HMs for both of them, will need to jump back and catch up on the Takeshita match. Kojima's part was a delight.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
HM Women's Royal Rumble, 1/27

Also MOTYC for these to try to get them over the hump:
01/13 | Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW Battle in the Valley
01/18 | Josh Alexander vs. Will Ospreay - TNA Impact

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

iPodschun posted:

Also MOTYC for these to try to get them over the hump:
01/13 | Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW Battle in the Valley
01/18 | Josh Alexander vs. Will Ospreay - TNA Impact

And over the hump they have gotten!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Swear I will get to that Ospreay Alexander match one day. It's on my To Watch list. Probably should've watched it instead of the wXw cagematch I watched last night (it was good, 3.5 star range but it'd probably have meant more if I had any knowledge of wXw's storylines) but hey ho

HM
12th January
CMLL Super Viernes
Soberano Jr vs Templario
Watch this here

MOTYC
21st January
Stardom Awards Night 2
AZM, Hazuki, Saki Kashima & Starlight Kid vs Hanan, Mayu Iwatani, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita
Watch this here

HM
27th January
Dragongate The Gate of Bayside
Open The Brave Gate Title
Hyo(c) vs Kagetora
Watch this here

HM
27th January
Open The Twin Gate Titles
Alejandro & Kaito Kiyomiya(c) vs Kung-Fu Masters (Jacky Funky Kamei & Jason Lee)
Watch this here

MOTYC
27th January
Open The Dream Gate Title
Luis Mante(c) vs Shun Skywalker
Watch this here

Best match of this match. Really built up to a great finish.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
WMOTYC: The Butcher vs. Kip Sabian vs. Komander vs. Vikingo, AEW Rampage , January 26 2024

Absolute poo poo

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 1/27

Nth

Trust in Pylons

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Did everyone forget that Serena Deebs match? First time I’ve seen her and she looks awesome.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
HM: KONOSUKE TAKESHITA vs Naruki Doi, DDT Sweet Dreams 1/28
HM: Yuki Ueno (c) vs Yukio Naya - KO-D Openweight Title, DDT Sweet Dreams 1/28

I'm too picky to nominate anything else but this was a great show that's worth a watch (skipping the Dieno match as usual). My beef with the main was just I thought the finisher was a stupid looking hold and hated that Naya tapped instead of going unconscious, which really just goes to show how bought in that match made me on a guy I'd gone a whole tournament kind of ambivalent on. I truly hope he somehow gets new hair and gear this year though. And learns a facial expression beyond "confusion."

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
HM: Serena Deebs squash
WMOTyc: Men’s royal rumble
HM: Women’s royal rumble

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pillowpants posted:

HM: Serena Deebs squash

Who was her opponent? It was one of the Renegade sisters I think?

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Jerusalem posted:

Who was her opponent? It was one of the Renegade sisters I think?

Yes, Robyn.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanks!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

all from DPW You Already Know January 21st (Aired January 28th)

HM Miyuki Takase vs Lady Frost
HM MCMG vs SSB
HM Calvin Tankman vs Colby Corino
MOTY Jake Something/Speedball vs Kevin Blackwood/Alec Price This match ruled track it down

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

WMOTYC
27th January
All Japan New Year Giant Series Night 4
Three Current Blast Bats Death Match
Atsushi Onita, Great Kojika & Raijin Yaguchi vs Mr Pogo, Onryo & Takumi Sakurai
Watch this here, if you dare

Ho boy. It's yer granda & his mates with some fireworks & baseball bats. Onita, 66. Kojika, 81 (this guy is so old that he actually debuted while Rikidozan was still alive). Yaguchi, 61. Pogo, 54 (not the original Mr Pogo, this is BJW's former Shadow WX). Onryo, age unknown but he debuted in 1995 after impressing doing university pro wrestling so we can probably conservatively estimate 50, possibly older. Takumi Sakurai, at 34 the baby of the match. Average age, about 57. Which honestly feels low for how this match went. I mean, it's impressive The Great Kojika can still get in the ring without dislocating his hip or something, but boy does he have the lightest strikes you've ever seen. Play wrestling with your small child you'd hit them with chops like this.

The explosions were impressive, they always are, Onita knows how to make big bangs. Unfortunately everything else was hellish to watch. And to add insult to injury, it's a long segment, included setup & cleanup time. The previous match ended about 1 hour 20 into the video. The next match starts at 2 hours 10. Now, they go into an intermission as part of the cleanup & I'm sure were selling merch & photos etc but good lord. Just went on & on & on & I had to turn it off, I was no longer in the mood to watch wrestling.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Edward Mass posted:

MOTYC: Josh Alexander vs. Will Ospreay, TNA Impact 1/18

Just watched this and yeah nth. Josh Alexander rules so much. That finishing sequence was fantastic

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Giant Series January 27th
MOTYC
Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) vs Shotaro Ashino - Triple Crown
- Continuing the trand of Nakajima's TC reign this was rad as gently caress, so happy Ashino is back in a featured role

HM
Shuji Ishikawa and Black Menso-re vs Ren Ayabe and Ryo Inoue
Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento MIyahara and Rising HAYATO) vs Kuroshio TOKYO Japan and Seigo Tachibana
All Japan (Zennichi Shin Jidai (Yuma Aoyagi and Atsuki Aoyagi)) vs DDT (KONOSUKE TAKESHITA and Hideki Okatani)

Solid show, the Jr and Tag Title matches didn't do anything for me and the explosion match was as rough as I was expecting, but the rest of the card was very enjoyable

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

WMOTYC
27th January
Three Current Blast Bats Death Match
Atsushi Onita, Great Kojika & Raijin Yaguchi vs Mr Pogo, Onryo & Takumi Sakurai
Watch this here, if you dare

Ho boy. It's yer granda & his mates with some fireworks & baseball bats. Onita, 66. Kojika, 81 (this guy is so old that he actually debuted while Rikidozan was still alive). Yaguchi, 61. Pogo, 54 (not the original Mr Pogo, this is BJW's former Shadow WX). Onryo, age unknown but he debuted in 1995 after impressing doing university pro wrestling so we can probably conservatively estimate 50, possibly older. Takumi Sakurai, at 34 the baby of the match. Average age, about 57. Which honestly feels low for how this match went. I mean, it's impressive The Great Kojika can still get in the ring without dislocating his hip or something, but boy does he have the lightest strikes you've ever seen. Play wrestling with your small child you'd hit them with chops like this.

The explosions were impressive, they always are, Onita knows how to make big bangs. Unfortunately everything else was hellish to watch. And to add insult to injury, it's a long segment, included setup & cleanup time. The previous match ended about 1 hour 20 into the video. The next match starts at 2 hours 10. Now, they go into an intermission as part of the cleanup & I'm sure were selling merch & photos etc but good lord. Just went on & on & on & I had to turn it off, I was no longer in the mood to watch wrestling.

2nd this. This is some real sicko hours bad wrestling.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
5th January
CMLL Super Viernes
Best 2 out of 3 Falls
Mascara Dorada vs Templario
Watch this here

Fantastic wrestling. First fall a bit sloppy but once they get going it gets going. Probably going to get a lot more attention than CMLL usually get because it got the ***** in the Observer (I think the first ever ***** for CMLL from Meltzer?), & while I'm not quite that high on it I do think it's a terrific showcase for Dorada & as good an excuse as any to catch some CMLL. Final fall is pretty terrific all told. You can see why the company are getting behind this dude like this. And you can see why people are high on CMLL as one of the best promotions in the world right now (if not the very best of 2023 according to many). And Templario deserves a nod too, terrific base here.

Nth to this

forkboy84 posted:

HM
12th January
CMLL Super Viernes
Soberano Jr vs Templario
Watch this here
Seconding this, I kind of liked it a bit more than an HM though not quite motyc either. For those of you who don't follow it but are CMLL-curious -every year Templario and Soberano have at least one masterpiece together. They were supposed to do it Jan 5th but Soberano hurt his back, so Dorada subbed for him and got that five star match. This particular match then is the make up date, and it’s mainly about getting Soberano over as the Rudo Superstar he was born to be, we’re still just a few months into that process so he's got to take it slow otherwise he'll get cheered again. Lets call this "sweatshirt Soberano", and half of what he does is taunt the audience for heat and tease showing his chest muscles to women and such. I love it, but if you’re unfamiliar with him you might wonder why he's not as focused on moves and such in some matches now. Anyone interested in seeing why he's a big deal first, go with his singles match vs altantis jr last month or especially the high holy church art masterpiece he and Templario did back in April. Then come back for this, you’ll be glad you did.

Also, should note that Templario is starting to look like a wrestling genius. Like Shingo, American Dragon, Blue panther level dude. There’s a ton of little stuff he does better than most anyone else I can think of.

A few more of this month's CMLL matches I've loved that I thought were in this level:

MOTYC
CMLL
Jan 12
- Brillante Jr., Max Star, Neón vs Capitán Suicida, Fuego, Valiente Jr

State of the art Tercera, nonstop Arena Mexico Flow. This is what Cornette fans imagine AEW matches are like. Aside from the breaks between falls, this match never stops or even slows down.

MOTYC
CMLL
Jan 9
-Villano 3 Jr, Hijo del Villano 3 vs Blue Panther Jr and Dark Panther, tournament finals to determine number one contender for tag titles.

This match loving ruled. This is the second match both teams wrestled that evening, and the third for v3 jr and bpjr, and they still went HARD. The Sons of Villano 3 are becoming the most out of control rudos IN THE ENTIRE SPORT. like Randy Savage/Dr. D in memphis levels of unhinged utter dickhead mania. The promos they are doing right now are unique and convincing of absolute assholeness.

MOTYC
CMLL
Jan 02
-Averno, Titán, Volador Jr. vs Hechicero, Máscara Dorada, Místico

This is Relevos Increíbles, which I am inclined to love, but this ruled and is probably my favorite match so far of 2024. Titan seemed to really be hoping he was going to get someone from the audience to try to stab him, fortunately it didn't happen.

Jerusalem posted:

HM: El Desperado (C) vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title - NJPW Road to the New Beginning 1/23

Desperado rules, even the House of Torture stuff didn't pull the match down too much, and there is so much history between Despy and Uncle Nobu to really add to the intensity of the match.

Nth to this.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Josh Alexander vs. Will Ospreay, Impact 1/14 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvEYzSDjUdU

Fantastic poo poo.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Here are my 1/27 Collision votes:

Pillowpants posted:

HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Yuji Nagata

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
27th January
Hideki Okatani & Konosuke Takeshita vs Zennichi Shin Jidai (Atsuki Aoyagi & Yuma Aoyagi)
Watch this here

HM
27th January
PWF Junior Heavyweight Title
Dan Tamura(c) vs Koji Iwamoto
Watch this here

HM
27th January
All Japan World Tag Team Titles
Saito Brothers (Jun Saito & Rei Saito)(c) vs New Period (Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai)
Watch this here

MOTYC
27th January
Triple Crown Title
Katsuhiko Nakajima(c) vs Shotaro Ashino
Watch this here

Real drat tasty match. Ashino just yeeting Nakajima to the floor from inside the ring was great.

HM
7th January
Unagi Sayaka Produce Tonoha Go Ranshin ~Ichiban Kinsei~
Konami & Unagi Sayaka vs Masato Tanaka & Minoru Suzuki
Watch this here

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dynamite 1/31

HM: Jon Moxley vs. Jeff Hardy
MOTYC: 'Hangman' Adam Page vs. Toa Liona
HM: Chris Jericho vs. Kyle Fletcher
MOTYC: Swerve Strickland vs. Rob Van Dam

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

AEW Dynamite 1/31

HM: Jon Moxley vs. Jeff Hardy
HM: 'Hangman' Adam Page vs. Toa Liona
HM: Swerve Strickland vs. Rob Van Dam

Not as high on this episode as Pylons but all 4 of these matches were very, very good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

HM: Hangman Adam Page vs. Toa Liona - AEW Dynamite 1/31

Second, this was really good and the best Toa Liona has ever looked.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW Dynamite 1/31

HM: 'Hangman' Adam Page vs. Toa Liona
HM: Swerve Strickland vs. Rob Van Dam

these for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonshirt