Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

Tonight I showed Zoolander to a friend who hasn't seen it before. She loved it.
Honestly, it's perfectly paced and every segment has at least one gag in it. How it only has 6.5 on imdb is surprising, it's a strong 7.
Not only quotable, but strong memorable set pieces and cartoon-y humor that doesn't wander outside the bounds of reality.

I saw Zoolander 2 recently which is more or less abysmal with the strong exception of Kyle Mooney being loving hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
God I love Top Secret. It’s like a comedic fever dream.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

priznat posted:

it's so good. It has so many jokes that are like flawless comedy diamonds.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gripweed posted:

it's so good. It has so many jokes that are like flawless comedy diamonds.

The amount of effort that went into some intensely silly gags (the underwater fight is the best example) is spectacular.

The tunes are pretty catchy too! Val just killed in that role.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

TIP posted:

can't believe people forgot this, smh

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Endless Trash posted:

I saw Zoolander 2 recently which is more or less abysmal with the strong exception of Kyle Mooney being loving hilarious

Literally the only decent scene in the whole movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WezgAlwIdY

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

How can someone have success in film and television over 25 years and never get orthodontic work to straighten out their bottom row of teeth?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lol

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Lister posted:

How can someone have success in film and television over 25 years and never get orthodontic work to straighten out their bottom row of teeth?

Orthodontic works takes a lot of time and you will have noticeable braces/invisalign for at least a year. The option that would leave you camera-ready without too much waiting would be veneers, but they can only do so much. If you got famous before 4K TVs were in every home, I could see the desire to avoid all that cost & hassle for something most people won’t have sharp enough images to see.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The funniest bad Pacino performance was in The First Power (starring Lou Diamond Phillips) where Pacino tries to do a southern accent and it’s so loving bad you can’t even focus on the movie

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Endless Trash posted:

How many sequels to pure comedy movies are there that are at least as good as the original?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Vakal posted:

How many sequels to pure comedy movies are there that are at least as good as the original?

Ace Ventura immediately came to mind. Rush Hour 2 is a good time also.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Endless Trash posted:

Yeah ace ventura 2 rocks

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Vakal posted:

hot shots 2 and a shot in the dark

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

posting on page 69

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

posting on page 69

:nice:

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

posting on page 69

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Peak stunt casting:

Orson Welles so fat he was weeks away from dying as a literal planet that can't stop eating, for his final role.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
PS

Nnnnnniiiiiiccceeeee

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

Frank Frank posted:

The funniest bad Pacino performance was in The First Power (starring Lou Diamond Phillips) where Pacino tries to do a southern accent and it’s so loving bad you can’t even focus on the movie

Pacino wasn't in The First Power?

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Vakal posted:

Not many which is why sequels to comedies are so hard to get financed. But to answer your question Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me and Shrek 2

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Vakal posted:

Addams Family Values

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
celebrate page 69 by doing the mastodon quake and eating all the dairy you got

https://youtu.be/buyclFZYD5A?si=r-wVt0TmHXBJrF6R

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Caddyshack 2

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Endless Trash posted:

Rush Hour 2 is much better than Rush Hour in that it has a sensical plot, whereas the first one is just Jackie Chan getting into fights with literally everyone (mostly people on his side of the law) for no reason whatsoever.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

priznat posted:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
The Rescuers Down Under isn’t better than the original but drat if an outback adventure with a giant eagle friend isn’t a hell of a vibe for a 4 year old

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mr. Meagles posted:

Addams Family Values

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1751278110568321161

guys im starting to think that abarms isnt very smart

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

You gotta understand, this is so important to people it's a religion. Anyway, we didn't plan anything beyond the first one and I'm handing it off with zero notes to some dude I've never talked to once about his ideas.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
John Carpenter said the exact same thing to Mark Hamill while filming Body Bags in order to get Hamill to agree to show his naked rear end on screen.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Daisy Ridley was so nervous about her role in Star Wars that she developed chronic, non-stop diarrhea that continues to this day!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
star wars is a religion (derogatory)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
22 Jump Street and Deadpool 2 are as good as their predecessors for comedy sequels.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Daisy Ridley was so nervous about her role in Star Wars that she developed chronic, non-stop diarrhea that continues to this day!

It was responsible for over 70% of their CG budget

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Vakal posted:

22 Jump Street

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Endless Trash posted:

Im not sure Ace Ventura is on the table anymore with how it wraps up

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
austin powers 2

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Lister posted:

Because they don't care? Why do you care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

You gotta understand, this is so important to people it's a religion. Anyway, we didn't plan anything beyond the first one and I'm handing it off with zero notes to some dude I've never talked to once about his ideas.

the funny thing is that he's actually absolutely right, this poo poo is a religion for a lot of shut-in grognard manchildren. he knew this and yet he still decided to go in for only one

anyway shame ridley went through that, but frankly my brain immediately went to "puff piece by her agent/Disney intended to prepare her re-entry into the public consciousness to smooth the way for the rumored new trilogy"