Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I suppose their is no easy way to ask “did you know your father-in-law was a rapist when you investigated him 1 year ago for his misconduct?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

HHH making TK's clownshoes response to the Jericho questions look professional.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

SpeakSlow posted:

Watching any modern wrestling is like working through twelve stacked trolley problems.

*goes off to watch single batch, ethically sourced artesinal wrestling*

I sometimes wonder what it feels like to be completely soulless

Then I read posts like this and I get a pretty good idea

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Astro7x posted:

I suppose their is no easy way to ask “did you know your father-in-law was a rapist when you investigated him 1 year ago for his misconduct?”

Just ask him that

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Papa H might need some media training. This will almost certainly come up again

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MasterSitsu posted:

Cody answered well. Trips making GBS threads the bed on the question over and over.

Cody did a pathetic PR spin to make it look like Vince was the only problem, basically calling a core claim of the lawsuit a lie.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

MassRafTer posted:

Cody did a pathetic PR spin to make it look like Vince was the only problem, basically calling a core claim of the lawsuit a lie.

Yeah, gently caress Cody and HGH

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
lol at HHH saying he hasn't read the lawsuit....come the gently caress on

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1751480222393008298
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1751481823983710497

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Cody is not an executive and spoke in terms of what talent can do to hold each other accountable. It was absolutely fine and addressed the specific question he was asked.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Counterpoint: why not have two threads devoted to making GBS threads on this terrible company and the absolute monster who owned it?

If people are that upset about not being able to discuss the loving Rumble, well I just don't know what to tell them. Sorry about your drat luck, I guess, maybe next time follow a company that isn't the decades-long project of a serial rapist?

This was the perfect response. The posters in this thread like the wwe in the press conference have to expect people will talk about it. It’s gullible to assume otherwise

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
death to paul

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
general wwe rumble question because i saw someone else mention something on twitter and a coworker mention something but i've not read any actual wwe rumble spoilers/news stuff,

Was Brock Lesnar actually originally scheduled for the Rumble tonight and pulled out because of the lawsuit that alludes to him being involved? Someone on twitter suggested that a spot featuring Bron Breakker/Omos/McAfee seemed like it was originally supposed to be Brock/Omos/McAfee

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

general wwe rumble question because i saw someone else mention something on twitter and a coworker mention something but i've not read any actual wwe rumble spoilers/news stuff,

Was Brock Lesnar actually originally scheduled for the Rumble tonight and pulled out because of the lawsuit that alludes to him being involved? Someone on twitter suggested that a spot featuring Bron Breakker/Omos/McAfee seemed like it was originally supposed to be Brock/Omos/McAfee

Bron's performance was your classic Brock Rumble showing, from entering, being dominant in tossing out a bunch of people, having a stare down with a giant, then being eliminated, all in about three minutes.

If it wasn't meant for Brock, it was almost exactly how Brock would have been booked.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

MasterSitsu posted:

Cody is not an executive and spoke in terms of what talent can do to hold each other accountable. It was absolutely fine and addressed the specific question he was asked.

Cody also somehow spun it into a pro-WWE thing with the whole "We are family, we don't fight unlike other places" bit, what a loving cult.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Brock being pulled and replaced with an NXT guy is what I read about the day the lawsuit came out. Hadn’t read anything specifically about a spot

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
(trying to look cool and badass) i have never watched wwe

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
codeh...

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

HHH: “I feel bad for our company. But this has been an incredible, incredible week for content.”

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

mkay0 posted:

Brock being pulled and replaced with an NXT guy is what I read about the day the lawsuit came out. Hadn’t read anything specifically about a spot

it was basically just a "two scary guys stare down" and then McAfee was the next entrance and did the Drew Carey self elimination because he's scared of the big giants, but one was Bron Breakker whose not like that massive comparatively to Omos

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

There was talk a day or so ago that Brock was supposed to be a surprise entrant but the combo of the complaint being made public and the WSJ outright naming him made the company go “yeah maybe not put that guy on screen right now”

So yeah pretty likely

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
brock lesnar died on the way back to his home planet

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

brock lesnar died on the way back to his home planet

If only

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

KungFu Grip posted:

death to paul

Finally I've been vindicated

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Touts the money.....

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

also my instinctive reaction to triple h's response is 'if i was not very very convinced he is the other executive mentioned, i would be now'

if i did not know better i would guess that tko is letting him hang himself to make it easier to go through wwe with a hatchet entirely without it actually needing to come out who executive no. 1 is

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Cody also somehow spun it into a pro-WWE thing with the whole "We are family, we don't fight unlike other places" bit, what a loving cult.

HHH ragging on Forbidden Door was garbage.

This read on Cody reeks of just looking for something to be mad about. Dude praised his co workers. Heaven forfend. Apparently anything less than the worst faith read on anything a fed employee says right now makes you some rape apologist cult member. Jesus.

MasterSitsu fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 28, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cody strolling out to the ring he picks up the mike he says i love the rape company llol aew is aids. the crowd cheers uproariously

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

cody confirms he failed to control the aew locker room

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ivypls posted:

cody confirms he failed to control the aew locker room

no one can control it

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

rare Magic card l00k posted:

also my instinctive reaction to triple h's response is 'if i was not very very convinced he is the other executive mentioned, i would be now'

Absolutely, and how casually dismissive he was of everything was the worst possible way to shake any suspicion.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Asking the dude who protected Bill DeMott how he intends to prevent future cases of abuse among staff.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MasterSitsu posted:

HHH ragging on Forbidden Door was garbage.

This read on Cody reeks of just looking for something to be mad about. Dude praised his co workers. Heaven forfend. Apparently anything less than the worst faith read on anything a fed employee says right now makes you some rape apologist cult member. Jesus.

He claimed Nick Khan and the board took it seriously and acted immediately which is utter bullshit. They literally knew about EVERYTHING and covered it up for over a year and Vince stepped down voluntarily. They actively sandbagged a real investigation.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

He claimed Nick Khan and the board took it seriously and acted immediately which is utter bullshit. They literally knew about EVERYTHING and covered it up for over a year and Vince stepped down voluntarily. They actively sandbagged a real investigation.

30 years since Donahue

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Long-Time Lurker posted:

cody seriously didnt spin a question about vince's massive coordinated sex trafficking ring into "actually, its better here than over at that other place down south" tribalism thing did he?

lol gently caress cody, homelander-loving dorkass loser. it'll be really funny when he gets pinned again at mania 1-2-3 by da big dog da tribal chief, sorry cody, maybe try finishing some midcard story

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince mcmahon is the least subtle person on earth everyone in the company had to know about it

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Pylons posted:

Asking the dude who protected Bill DeMott how he intends to prevent future cases of abuse among staff.

He has love and nostalgia for the Wrestlers Court/hazing/tough guy poo poo that molded him but also wants to be cool with the new generation that does not tolerate that poo poo anymore. He thinks he can have it both ways and he's going to find out the hard way that he cannot.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Pylons posted:

When a King's people are threatened, a first line of defense is to Bill DeMott

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

vince mcmahon is the least subtle person on earth everyone in the company had to know about it

He literally bragged about it and showed pictures to a dozen tech guys. He told every wrestler he thinks is a chad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

shiksa posted:

cody seriously didnt spin a question about vince's massive coordinated sex trafficking ring into "actually, its better here than over at that other place down south" tribalism thing did he?

lol gently caress cody, homelander-loving dorkass loser. it'll be really funny when he gets pinned again at mania 1-2-3 by da big dog da tribal chief, sorry cody, maybe try finishing some midcard story

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1751475313954136441