Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Cody worked for Vince for a decade before leaving and doing indies/AEW. If he didn't know who Vince was he's an idiot and if he did know, well you can draw your own conclusions about Cody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

There's a lot of wrestlers who I would feel bad for being asked that question and would excuse giving an answer like that. Cody knows better and was very intentionally repeating the TKO lines about it being one bad egg and everyone at TKO was so responsible dealing with Vince now that they know.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i'm still loving blown away that small paul actually said in front of god and everybody that he hasn't even read the lawsuit yet

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

He claimed Nick Khan and the board took it seriously and acted immediately which is utter bullshit. They literally knew about EVERYTHING and covered it up for over a year and Vince stepped down voluntarily. They actively sandbagged a real investigation.

Vince says he resigned voluntarily out of respect for the WWE Universe and you believe him

Ok

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Ivypls posted:

i'm still loving blown away that small paul actually said in front of god and everybody that he hasn't even read the lawsuit yet

Big Paul Ryan "I didn't see the tweet" energy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MasterSitsu posted:

Vince says he resigned voluntarily out of respect for the WWE Universe and you believe him

Ok

Vince literally could not be removed without his own consent. Did they tell him he needed to go? Of course. But for him to leave in less than 24 hours, yeah, he did so voluntarily because that's the only way he could leave so fast. Otherwise they'd have to rewrite the articles of incorporation.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ivypls posted:

to do so would open him up to questioning about what he knew, whether he was one of the unnamed parties etc. not really surprising he'd bunt

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Obviously the big thing here is the morality or lack thereof, but even as the media management exercise that WWE want this to be, this is absolute poo poo-tier.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That DICK! posted:

to do so would open him up to questioning about what he knew, whether he was one of the unnamed parties etc. not really surprising he'd bunt

"I have but I cannot comment at this time."

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

yeah thats pretty good too. id go with that

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Exactly, even a straightforward stonewalling would be better.

"This is a matter before the courts, Vince McMahon is no longer on the board. I'm sure you'll understand I can't discuss this further"

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I know it's a wild hypothetical when there's never even been smoke in the guy's direction, but what if it turns out Paul Levesque just is a cynical careerist who'd do anything to get ahead? :ohdear:

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Vince literally could not be removed without his own consent. Did they tell him he needed to go? Of course. But for him to leave in less than 24 hours, yeah, he did so voluntarily because that's the only way he could leave so fast. Otherwise they'd have to rewrite the articles of incorporation.

That Vinny Mac, such a team player. Just resigned when he saw it was giving the board a sad. Took no threat whatsoever. Just straight up consent. No pressure. Obscenely rich people would never make you sign a letter with a gun to your head after you blow up their stash.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

MasterSitsu posted:

That Vinny Mac, such a team player. Just resigned when he saw it was giving the board a sad. Took no threat whatsoever. Just straight up consent. No pressure. Obscenely rich people would never make you sign a letter with a gun to your head after you blow up their stash.

What are you even trying to do here?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
cody, as a talent and employee, absolutely handled as best as he could if not better than the way paul handled the question. better than when hausman asked nia jax of all people about the lawsuit at some rumble red carpet press thing

edit: i think the person replying to mrt is saying the corporate/board people absolutely forced him than just vince up and choosing to leave as his first choice and probably wanted to not leave for possibly good. (vince could and probably might weasel his way back in again)

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

The337th posted:

I know it's a wild hypothetical when there's never even been smoke in the guy's direction, but what if it turns out Paul Levesque just is a cynical careerist who'd do anything to get ahead? :ohdear:

Kayfabe married onto the family through drugging and insinuated rape of the boss' daughter. Non-zero chance that clip is lined up in a potential montage for the court.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I still think the biggest Weiner in all this is Greg Miller of Kinda Funny.

I get it, wrestling dream, and he wants to stay in the company, but he would have had a big thread by now if he wasn't in the pocket of WWE.

also Dan Rykert of Giant Bomb, but I think it's sad Deadlock, New Legacy, and Maffew has more spine than these people

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

seems pretty obvious to me, paul three h cant read.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

What exactly does Triple H bring to the table anyway?

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

Sex Farm posted:

he was very good at getting into the graces of an insane evil old man and using the power that relationship gave him

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Sex Farm posted:

Somehow convinced WWE fans the product is good now.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Sex Farm posted:

He was very good at ferrying Shawn around when he was too hosed up to drive.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

edit: i think the person replying to mrt is saying the corporate/board people absolutely forced him than just vince up and choosing to leave as his first choice and probably wanted to not leave for possibly good. (vince could and probably might weasel his way back in again)

They forced him out, 100%, and any appearance of consent/voluntary is phony and only because it was required in Vinces contract. Shoulda been done ages ago, and its 0% for altruistic reasons, but anyone presenting the resignation as anything remotely genuinely voluntary is out of their mind. Mafia hit.

And he's gone. There's no windowlevel of stock or voting power back in this time.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I still think the biggest Weiner in all this is Greg Miller of Kinda Funny.

I get it, wrestling dream, and he wants to stay in the company, but he would have had a big thread by now if he wasn't in the pocket of WWE.

also Dan Rykert of Giant Bomb, but I think it's sad Deadlock, New Legacy, and Maffew has more spine than these people

Greg is literally on WWE payroll as one of their talking head preshow people so its very much part of his job to suck wwe rear end as one of their broadcast characters. I feel bad though for the Deadlock boys/Johnny because i'm pretty sure they got some 2K contract/content creator deal because they were at the Rumble/the 2K event.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MasterSitsu posted:

They forced him out, 100%, and any appearance of consent/voluntary is phony and only because it was required in Vinces contract. Shoulda been done ages ago, and its 0% for altruistic reasons, but anyone presenting the resignation as anything remotely genuinely voluntary is out of their mind. Mafia hit.

And he's gone. There's no windowlevel of stock or voting power back in this time.

How exactly did they force him out when they had no way to force him out? Vince did not leave altruistically, but realizing you've lost your board allies and that all the stock you own might tank in value if you stay will get you to leave. Vince had a ton of leverage over them, and he probably used it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/turnstiletribe/status/1751470649837490651?s=20

its embarrassing for him to carry water for this company but this is very obvious and i'm wondering how fragile phil is taking it lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/DrainBamager/status/1751486206922178839?s=20

glad Papa H prepped for the important questions

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I'll always laugh at Hunter's Homer Simpson reading glasses.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
im glad jade debuted in the rumble so i didnt fail my toxx

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

we all know he can’t talk about the door because they don’t have the trademark

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

bitter about losing out on switchblade, ospreay, and okada lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VideoWitch posted:

What are you even trying to do here?

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
Like if it came out that the local McDonald's franchise baron had been operating a sex trafficking ring in his restaurants, and someone popped into the comments to say, "Well I'm still going, they make consistently underwhelming burgers and there's no ethical consumption under capitalism anyway"... That person would be rightfully be considered a callous dipshit.

It's ok if you just keep poo poo like that to yourself. :shrug:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
ended up watching the rumble matches because i’m a lovely person. i was completely whelmed.

also, punk looked like he hasn’t wrestled in 10 years. just a total poo poo show. oh, and when is the next drew vs gunther chop battle?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this thread is kind of like the royal rumble with all the posters no one recognizes who keep showing up and getting a poor reaction

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
"Corporate officer #1, Corporate officer #1, your worst case scenario.."

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

As a certified lurker, this might be the greatest PSP post of all time

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I don't know why Paul Levesque needs a pacemaker when he's literally heartless.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

It's me, I'm the Justin Gabriel, remember him? Nexus? The Werewolf? 450 splash?

Yeah... :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

This whole mess has certainly shown me where the priorities and morals of some of my acquaintances lie.

I guess some people just can't break the WWE's hold over them. :sigh: