Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Real hurthling! posted:

i think the israelis plan is to pivot the air campaign north and try to starve gaza with limited forces now that theyve blown it all up and run out of targets for everything except chasing cats and shooting into windows with terminator quadcopters

except 70-80% of Hamas's military are still in good shape to keep fighting and have already behun showing up again in morthern gaza everywhere the israelis withdraw from. and this plan falls apart if aid starts coming into gaza abd a ceasefire is declared. thats an if though so lets see.

all in all the big lesson here is every arab dictator must die to save palestine. sadly us arabs are by and large useless cattle so i dont think we have it in us.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 06:12 on Jan 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

Usually you have to actually win a fight against the little brother to fight the big brother but israel got its rear end whooped by the little brother

a bully like israel wont think this way cos wait till you see how big MY brother is all they have

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Al-Saqr posted:

except 70-80% of Hamas's military are still in good shape to keep fighting and have already behun showing up again in morthern gaza everywhere the israelis withdraw from.

yeah it aint a good plan thats just what they think they are doing (the ones that believe the bs at least)

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

mila kunis posted:

why would israel start a second front

They don't have much of a choice. Thousands upon thousands of people from the northern border have been displaced and aren't coming back unless the IDF "deals" with Hezbollah in some capacity. October 7th shattered people's willingness to just permanently live under rocketfire like the Gaza Envelope did for over a decade, Israelis no longer feel safe with that kind of threat on their doorstep, and the government promised to never "go back to the reality of October 6th". If Hezbollah is still operating and attacking on the border, they gotta do something about it. The Iron Dome isn't enough anymore.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

They don't have much of a choice. Thousands upon thousands of people from the northern border have been displaced and aren't coming back unless the IDF "deals" with Hezbollah in some capacity. October 7th shattered people's willingness to just permanently live under rocketfire like the Gaza Envelope did for over a decade, Israelis no longer feel safe with that kind of threat on their doorstep, and the government promised to never "go back to the reality of October 6th". If Hezbollah is still operating and attacking on the border, they gotta do something about it. The Iron Dome isn't enough anymore.

if they open a second front its bye bye haifa and tel aviv.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

sadly us arabs are by and large useless cattle so i dont think we have it in us.

not sure why you beat yourself up about this, most people are normal and just want a decent job and money, not to risk their lives and their families lives to do revolution

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Al-Saqr posted:

if they open a second front its bye bye haifa and tel aviv.

And they're gonna do it anyway. It's a race to the bottom, and Netanyahu is unwilling to cut his losses and end the war. Those northerners won't be coming back for a long time, if ever, and Israel will be ruined even more than it already is.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

kinda hysterical but good shoot anyway

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/27/sullivan-chinese-fm-meeting-fails-to-produce-breakthrough-on-red-sea-shipping-attacks-00138213

tl;dr: the US is finding brick walls but still believes they have a sufficient number of cards in this equation

Xi: We're raising concerns with Iran. we're having tough conversations.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Xi to Biden: I see you. I hear you.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Me sowing: Haha gently caress yeah!!! Yes!!

Me reaping:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/middle-east/israeli-military-realises-it-has-been-arming-hamas-all-this-time-20240128-p5f0is.html

western governments are funding terror, this must be stopped at once. Hamas must be disarmed by cutting off military supplies to Israel

I think ive blown a fuse from anger and overflowed into calm.

This is the first time I've seen UXO being described as a gift.
heres a gift of an idea: maybe stop loving bombing them they wont have any UXO

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol how can you read all of this and not conclude that this war is a giant strategic disaster and defeat for israel

======

Officials: About 80% of Hamas tunnels remain intact weeks after Israel attempts to destroy them

Urgent | Wall Street Journal: Officials: About 80% of Hamas’ tunnels remain intact after weeks of Israeli attempts to destroy them

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1751480432011460620?s=46

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

30.5 Days posted:

Xi: We're raising concerns with Iran. we're having tough conversations.

lol it would be hilarious if they sent out the spokesperson to read out Blinken's exact statements except with the names swapped for Iran

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

Al-Saqr posted:

lol how can you read all of this and not conclude that this war is a giant strategic disaster and defeat for israel

======

Officials: About 80% of Hamas tunnels remain intact weeks after Israel attempts to destroy them

Urgent | Wall Street Journal: Officials: About 80% of Hamas’ tunnels remain intact after weeks of Israeli attempts to destroy them

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1751480432011460620?s=46

4 months of war = 20% of tunnels destroyed.

Therefore, simple arithmetic shows that another 16 months of war = the remaining 80% of tunnels destroyed.

Easy peasy.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
i would be shocked if israel has actually destroyed anywhere near 20% of tunnels

they're probably just extrapolating from their stupid 'every hospital is actually a major tunnel network hq' principle

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

atelier morgan posted:

i would be shocked if israel has actually destroyed anywhere near 20% of tunnels

they're probably just extrapolating from their stupid 'every hospital is actually a major tunnel network hq' principle

They also don't destroy the tunnels themselves, the engineer corps blow up the shafts, so they block out one of the entrances but don't necessarily make the tunnel wholly inaccessible/unusable.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

They also don't destroy the tunnels themselves, the engineer corps blow up the shafts, so they block out one of the entrances but don't necessarily make the tunnel wholly inaccessible/unusable.

Hamas blew up the engineers who were trying to blow up the shafts so both sides got what they wanted lol

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

atelier morgan posted:

absolutely. Just like gwot era america, Israel makes up insane lies, and then decides to believe those lies. No way they aren’t counting every hospital and university as a terror tunnel hub.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
werent they being flooded?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Best Friends posted:

absolutely. Just like gwot era america, Israel makes up insane lies, and then decides to believe those lies. No way they aren’t counting every hospital and university as a terror tunnel hub.

And makes policies off of those insane lies. Everyone who points out the lies are in fact lies are punished. Everyone who breathlessly reports the lies as truth are rewarded. The 20 years of America's terror war have demonstrated that the only risk was in not propagating the official US policy entirely.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

RadiRoot posted:

werent they being flooded?

That was never a serious prospect lol, they were bluffing

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
It is almost certainly Israeli cope to suggest they have destroyed 20% of Hamas' tunnels. That would be 80 miles of tunnels.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Weka posted:

It is almost certainly Israeli cope to suggest they have destroyed 20% of Hamas' tunnels. That would be 80 miles of tunnels.

so thats 40 square miles of tunnels lol

this is a callback joke to me being an idiot and thinking that square miles is a number x2 earlier in the thread

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

The Voice of Labor posted:

tune in next time for lebanoncompliant or ayatollah so

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

wow sounds like israel is losing they should surrender

====

Maariv: Hamas activity in the areas previously controlled by the Israeli army in the north raises concern in Israel that all of their military achievements are being eaten away

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1751494916734152725?s=46

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

algeria gettin on the restaurant naming trend

=====

Abu Obaida Café in Algeria

https://x.com/yaseenizeddeen/status/1751358977550471190?s=46

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

wow sounds like israel is losing they should surrender

====

Maariv: Hamas activity in the areas previously controlled by the Israeli army in the north raises concern in Israel that all of their military achievements are being eaten away

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1751494916734152725?s=46

House of cards falling down raises concerns that cards were improper building materials for a house.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
How the gently caress does Israel think they can just roll over Lebanon like that? Lebanon has a ton of internal problems and a fragile economy, but at the same time they control their ports and borders, they have defenses in depth, they are far more resilient to humanitarian catastrophes. And if you think the other two Lebanese factions will war against the Shia/Hezbollah faction, well don't expect that to happen. I see a fuckload of secular and Christian Lebanese at pro-Palestine protests these days.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Protestors are heading towards Kerem Shalom to block it again. Yesterday at a press conference, Netanyahu was asked to comment on this and said that the matter will be "solved in the coming days". Let's see if anything actually happens.

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1751508980117987614?t=-ufChpnBqCackdGq7kdByA&s=19

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

How the gently caress does Israel think they can just roll over Lebanon like that? Lebanon has a ton of internal problems and a fragile economy, but at the same time they control their ports and borders, they have defenses in depth, they are far more resilient to humanitarian catastrophes. And if you think the other two Lebanese factions will war against the Shia/Hezbollah faction, well don't expect that to happen. I see a fuckload of secular and Christian Lebanese at pro-Palestine protests these days.

I think at least the more serious IDF officers if any are left at this point (probably Field Marshals I dunno) know that Hezbollah is just as good as IDF regulars even in a "fair fight" but it's a fascist death spiral driven by internal politics until there is either a coup, they can force the US to fully commit, or Israel commits the state version of suicide by cop.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I try to be optimistic like you guys, but I don't see why it's axiomatic that Israel losing this thing, which they are and will continue to do, also means Israel somehow stops existing. Who is going to invade them and dismantle the structure of the state? It isn't just going to disappear on it's own.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Slavvy posted:

I try to be optimistic like you guys, but I don't see why it's axiomatic that Israel losing this thing, which they are and will continue to do, also means Israel somehow stops existing. Who is going to invade them and dismantle the structure of the state? It isn't just going to disappear on it's own.

In seriousness it's not optimistic other than I don't think they're capable of actually occupying significantly populated areas of Lebanon, but unless there is an internal coup after things start getting really bad, or even less likely Europe and the US can finally act the adults in the room they pretend to be and stop Israel from escalating with Lebanon, then Iran, then who knows Jordan or Egypt, I think the current power brokers in Israel are deluded and fanatical enough to try to ride the wheels off the IDF rather than accept any limit to their claims, which will absolutely involve committing even more massive atrocities in the hope it will force the US and more levelheaded factions within Israel to be committed to the bitter end with them, but will probably lead to a cycle of tit for tat massacres of Arabs, Israelis, and everyone else caught in the conflict.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Slavvy posted:

It isn't going to happen as a completely direct corollary of current events - but October 7th, the ongoing war and the deterioration of Israel's diplomatic relations (nevermind the literal genocide trial) have dealt and will continue to deal severely crippling blows to the feasibility of the colonial project, in terms of the stability and prosperity of its civil society as well as its ability to defend itself and procure the means to do so from abroad. Israel will collapse under the pressure sooner than later.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Slavvy posted:

Israel's entire fundamental core reason for existing is their claim that through brutal colonisation a single place in the world safe for Jews can exist. If Israel loses the war everyone expected to be a simple culling of the helots, it will destroy that fundamental reason for its existence and Israelis will start to emigrate in greater and greater numbers. Especially if there is a large increase in the cost of living as a result of BDS becoming mainstream with a final finding of genocide.

E:fb

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah probably. No price is too high for him so long as someone else pays it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Chinese ships seem to not be getting missiled. I wonder what their secret is.

Year of the dragon.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

The cops and the military are blocking out the protestors in Kerem Shalom.

https://twitter.com/IsraelHayomHeb/status/1751517996781040030?t=FrIdHZkoCiFpa1DCoiaOPQ&s=19

If any violence breaks out because of this, it's gonna be a really ugly situation for Netanyahu.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

The cops and the military are blocking out the protestors in Kerem Shalom.

https://twitter.com/IsraelHayomHeb/status/1751517996781040030?t=FrIdHZkoCiFpa1DCoiaOPQ&s=19

If any violence breaks out because of this, it's gonna be a really ugly situation for Netanyahu.

har har har get hosed israeli nazis hamas won

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Arc Hammer posted:

So is there anything to suggest that UNWRA members were involved with the attack or is this just something Israel pulled out of their rear end and the rest of the world just gobbled up instantly without any investigation whatsoever.

a bunch of hamas kids were certainly raised by unrwa staff, on the account of idf bombing their parents and them no longer having any family whatsoever to rely on, i bet that's what's going on here lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I'd say that's a direct result of the ICJ hearing so it's not completely useless already