Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

the official WWE YouTube channel uploaded the scrum and triple h getting owned and being bad at being in charge. it is insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Your average drone probably thought Papa H handled things well.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Your average drone probably thought Papa H handled things well.

One look at the comments will tell you that

Or that the accusations are clearly false

Or LOOK HE LOOKS LIKE GRANDPA

or "Best Royal Rumble Ever 😎"

But mostly talking about the Rock

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Having been probed for a day I spent some time thinking about this and... I hosed up.

I tried to separate the people directly involved from everyone else, but the majority of you are right. There is no ethical consumption of WWE, if you look at the last 40 years of the feds existence it's been one lovely covered-up scandal after another. Even if I believe there are innocents who will be collateral damage to Vince's crimes, the right outcome is that the WWE close and those people who are collateral damage sue Vince for whatever remains of his wealth so that he dies disgraced and penniless.

I mistook nostalgia for "needs to exist", but ultimately if WWE shut down tomorrow something will rise from the ashes. As long as there is a market for pro wrestling someone will be out there to fill it. In short, gently caress WWE.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Al and Moo looking Motherfucker

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

The Taxman posted:

One look at the comments will tell you that

Or that the accusations are clearly false

Or LOOK HE LOOKS LIKE GRANDPA

or "Best Royal Rumble Ever 😎"

But mostly talking about the Rock

Took a quick look at Twitter, Fed stans seem to think Papa H talking about how much money they're making when asked about Vince is an own on journalists lol.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's only one logical way to end WWE

The rubber chicken goes over Roman at Mania

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Cody Rhodes is a disgusting carny piece of poo poo. Enjoy your Texas Chainsaw Massacre locker room family you dickhead.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

delightful posted:

Having been probed for a day I spent some time thinking about this and... I hosed up.

I tried to separate the people directly involved from everyone else, but the majority of you are right. There is no ethical consumption of WWE, if you look at the last 40 years of the feds existence it's been one lovely covered-up scandal after another. Even if I believe there are innocents who will be collateral damage to Vince's crimes, the right outcome is that the WWE close and those people who are collateral damage sue Vince for whatever remains of his wealth so that he dies disgraced and penniless.

I mistook nostalgia for "needs to exist", but ultimately if WWE shut down tomorrow something will rise from the ashes. As long as there is a market for pro wrestling someone will be out there to fill it. In short, gently caress WWE.

You didn't need to do this. The people that were bullying you weren't doing it because they are logically consistent and you aren't (WWE has been obviously morally vile for a long time before Thursday), they were doing it because they were rightfully upset and wanted to feel a unified disgust in this forum at WWE.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

That DICK! posted:

When a King's people are threatened, a first line of defense is to Bill DeMott

This is two pages old and much like Roman Reigns, it needs to be acknowledged!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

"The modern WWE crew". Cody, this poo poo happened 3 years ago. Talking about it like this is poo poo that happened forever ago to people they never met so eh it's in the past!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Huge pop. Hope you're doing well Rarity

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rarity posted:

There's only one logical way to end WWE

The rubber chicken goes over Roman at Mania

wwe can only end after the rubber chicken drops the strap to the hulkster, brother

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Lord Of Texas posted:

You didn't need to do this. The people that were bullying you weren't doing it because they are logically consistent and you aren't (WWE has been obviously morally vile for a long time before Thursday), they were doing it because they were rightfully upset and wanted to feel a unified disgust in this forum at WWE.

Nobody was "bullying" anyone.

E: Unless by "bullying" what you actually mean is "telling people how full of poo poo they are when they barge in here and proceed to brag about how they're going watch the Rumble because they just have to Stand Up For WWE", then yes, that did happen. Quite a bit, actually. Not sure why that is. :iiam:

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jan 28, 2024

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I'd never bully anyone because wholesome family company WWE taught me to Be A Star.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
will be funny* when Cody picks Seth for mania

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

How exactly did they force him out when they had no way to force him out? Vince did not leave altruistically, but realizing you've lost your board allies and that all the stock you own might tank in value if you stay will get you to leave. Vince had a ton of leverage over them, and he probably used it.

You're so certain every talent knew all this poo poo, acting like Cody cast the deciding vote on a disciplinary board, while having a delusional understanding of how the ultra-weathy operate when in situations like this. Succession is a cartoon and yet more realistic than what's in your head.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

E: Unless by "bullying" what you actually mean is "telling people how full of poo poo they are when they barge in here and proceed to brag about how they're going watch the Rumble because they just have to Stand Up For WWE", then yes, that did happen. Quite a bit, actually. Not sure why that is. :iiam:

ok

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Glad we can agree on this :)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I do believe every talent in the industry knows it's a lovely carny business rife with abuse. the men might be able to act like they're above it, other guys do that but not me, but their wives would have experienced this lovely carny abuse firsthand.

RealityWarCriminal fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jan 28, 2024

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MasterSitsu posted:

You're so certain every talent knew all this poo poo, acting like Cody cast the deciding vote on a disciplinary board, while having a delusional understanding of how the ultra-weathy operate when in situations like this. Succession is a cartoon and yet more realistic than what's in your head.

I don’t think MRT implied Cody was on a disciplinary board or even referenced Cody?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

MasterSitsu posted:

Every talent did know all about this poo poo. C'mon now lol.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Vandar posted:

This whole mess has certainly shown me where the priorities and morals of some of my acquaintances lie.

I guess some people just can't break the WWE's hold over them. :sigh:

It's the same kind of feeling you get when you find out that someone you've known for years is a huge MAGA cultist and thinks Trump is literally doing God's Work. At that point you almost have no choice but to :sever: if you want to maintain your sanity.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I do believe every talent in the industry knows it's a lovely carny business rife with abuse. the men might be able to act like they're above it, other guys do that but not me, but their wives would have experienced this lovely carny abuse firsthand.

Not "every talent in the industry", who the gently caress claimed that? The biggest claim is that most tenured talent with the WWE must have known about Vince in some way and that there are many wrestlers and staff who have been directly involved.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Multiple things can be true: the company has a rich history of terrible poo poo that has at one point or another infected every area that are overdue for the deeper reckoning going on here. And there is absolutely a bullying of consensus going on in this thread that acts as if the alternatives don't have a lot of the same cultural problems baked in with on-air talent and management with their own history. Even squeaky clean BD, the guy on Collision we are meant to watch instead, after the story first dropped said he loves the rapists made mistakes and he lives them. Is he still in the cult too? Where does the cult stop, precisely? Is he naive? Just missing information? He's on a disciplinary board, maybe good to know.

Much like WWE acting over and over acting like the cut the one bad apple (how many are we at now btw, i lost track sometime around Jack Gallagher), the giddy shamers here treat WWE as the one bad apple in an otherwise lovely industry, and are having a fit, not a discussion.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Did he? Just asking.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/07/bryan-danielson-addresses-vince-mcmahon-allegations-and-retirement/

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Maybe it’s Reddit and Twitter, but people seem to think that going online to talk is like typing into a machine that gives you responses that you like. When the majority of a thread is heading in a direction together about how disgusted they are, don’t cry when you blunder in with “Is John Cena still here? Anyway I’m going to have a lot of fun watching this” and people don’t take to it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

"Bryan Danielson still liked Vince after the first allegations dropped and that's just as bad as the sports washing for a murderous dictatorship, abuse of power, literal rape that drove people to suicide, murder cover ups, and culture of abuse that people get punished for sticking up to."

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I don’t think MRT implied Cody was on a disciplinary board or even referenced Cody?

The repeated insistence that everyone knew is delusional and only serves to try and drat everyone as complicit, trying to spike a ball in an anti WWE argument. Its unnecessary and its wrong. Until a few days ago most only knew that he was covering up an affair with company money. WWE employees should be accountable for choosing to work for a right wing egomaniac who fed steroids, already had allegations dating back decades including covering up a murder by another talent, and tolerated abuse by other officials through decades.

That's a fair criticism.

"They all knew"

Horseshit.

MasterSitsu fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jan 28, 2024

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Pylons posted:

"Bryan Danielson still liked Vince after the first allegations dropped and that's just as bad as the sports washing for a murderous dictatorship, abuse of power, literal rape that drove people to suicide, murder cover ups, and culture of abuse that people get punished for sticking up to."

gently caress off with your spin on my point. The point is against the prevailing narrative here that everyone knew.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

MasterSitsu posted:

Multiple things can be true: the company has a rich history of terrible poo poo that has at one point or another infected every area that are overdue for the deeper reckoning going on here. And there is absolutely a bullying of consensus going on in this thread that acts as if the alternatives don't have a lot of the same cultural problems baked in with on-air talent and management with their own history. Even squeaky clean BD, the guy on Collision we are meant to watch instead, after the story first dropped said he loves the rapists made mistakes and he lives them. Is he still in the cult too? Where does the cult stop, precisely? Is he naive? Just missing information? He's on a disciplinary board, maybe good to know.

Much like WWE acting over and over acting like the cut the one bad apple (how many are we at now btw, i lost track sometime around Jack Gallagher), the giddy shamers here treat WWE as the one bad apple in an otherwise lovely industry, and are having a fit, not a discussion.

I don't know who you're referring to, but as someone who started watching wrestling with WCCW, the scales fell from my eyes a looooonnnnnnnggggg time ago, in regards to how squeaky clean the wrestling industry as a whole is.

The problem with your statement is that you're saying people are "bullied" when, in fact, the vast majority of them felt compelled to tell everyone ITT that they're watching the Rumble even after hearing about what Vince did, and that they've been watching WWE for years even after Vince's horrible poo poo came to light, and they're going to keep on watching (either out of some misguided altruism about wanting "the good people" to still have a job, or because of some false "NO ETHICAL CONSUMPTION UNDER CAPITALISM" rationalization. Or, because they just don't give a poo poo about what Vince did). It's not our fault if people can't read the goddamn room and don't like getting told to go take a flying gently caress at a rolling doughnut.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress uhh and gently caress cody

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

He definitely knew about Vince being a well-documented monster. JR too, and any other former WWE talent who were with them for any significant amount of time.

Even the average wrestling fan knows that WWE has done some really, really heinous poo poo—be it involving Vince directly or not. I'd be hard-pressed to believe there's a talent out there who signed with the company completely ignorant of its dark history.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Repeat after me:

"The safety of all WWE employees, not just in-ring talent, is our top priority. We will do whatever is necessary to ensure the safety of all WWE employees going forward"

I have exactly zero PR training and even I know this. Come the gently caress on.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I don't know who you're referring to, but as someone who started watching wrestling with WCCW, the scales fell from my eyes a looooonnnnnnnggggg time ago, in regards to how squeaky clean the wrestling industry as a whole is.

The problem with your statement is that you're saying people are "bullied" when, in fact, the vast majority of them felt compelled to tell everyone ITT that they're watching the Rumble, they've been watching WWE for years even after Vince's horrible poo poo came to light, and they're going to keep on watching (either out of some misguided altruism about wanting "the good people" to still have a job, or because of some false "NO ETHICAL CONSUMPTION UNDER CAPITALISM" rationalization. Or, because they just don't give a poo poo about what Vince did). It's not our fault if people can't read the goddamn room and don't like getting told to go take a flying gently caress at a rolling doughnut.

I'm speaking to myself, who has been critical of WWE forever but lumped in with a "cult" for daring suggest most on-air talent did not know any of these details.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I am not defending anyone, but to have this take, you have to have never worked in a large company. I've worked at multiple companies around WWE size, and you only know about the C-levels what they want you to know. The ancient greeks knew more about the happenings in Mt. Olympus. At my current workplace major happenings are almost always broken to staff via public release. We don't know poo poo.

Obviously it's more than just Vince - clearly Levesque, Stephanie, Laurinaitis, Prichard, Dunn, Lesnar, and any other "Vince guys" need to go. And yes, working for a company with the history of WWE before Thursday already required some level of compartmentalizing, rationalization, or apathy.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MasterSitsu posted:

Cody is not an executive and spoke in terms of what talent can do to hold each other accountable. It was absolutely fine and addressed the specific question he was asked.

No he did not. He said the wwe locker room is better than any other he's been part of. The same locker room that was just reported as ignoring sex trafficking and 1000s were sent pictures of that woman who was used as part of co tract negotiations. gently caress cody

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

MasterSitsu posted:

I'm speaking to myself, who has been critical of WWE forever but lumped in with a "cult" for daring suggest most on-air talent did not know any of these details.

What does that have to do with your claim that people were being "bullied" for deliberately being shitheads in here?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Shard posted:

No he did not. He said the wwe locker room is better than any other he's been part of. The same locker room that was just reported as ignoring sex trafficking and 1000s were sent pictures of that woman who was used as part of co tract negotiations. gently caress cody

Well coming from the AEW locker room where they ritualistically sacrificed puppies before every match....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

There is a difference between 'everyone knew the details of this case' and 'everyone knew the culture is abusive'. everyone knew the culture was abusive.