Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Too dumb to keep cat away from cement checks out with too dumb to realise cat doesn't speak English French when you tell it not to go in the cement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I just jerk off to Robert Shaw being drunk.

Like a normal person.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

I just jerk off to Robert Shaw being drunk.

Like a normal person.

Can confirm that I’ve witnessed this

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Forfeited car turned into road safety ad as part of multifaceted push to stop speeding drivers

quote:

Police seized the Lexus after its 26-year-old driver was clocked doing 205kph on the Forrest Highway in WA's south-west, where the limit is 110kph.

The state's Road Safety Commission has kitted the car out with road safety messages to display by roadsides.

The commission plans to later sell the vehicle — valued at around $20,000 — with funds to go to WA's Road Trauma Account.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

What even is this supposed to be

vvv ohhhhhh

credburn has a new favorite as of 05:07 on Jan 28, 2024

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
It's a guy looking through a speed gun

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm from Washington State and always get a little confused for a second whenever something from Western Australia pops up here.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Air Skwirl posted:

I'm from Washington State and always get a little confused

That's normal though

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

That guy on the right is pretty loving short :v:

Nenonen posted:

Don't worry, it will lick its paws clean

oh!

Remembering that one bug in Dwarf Fortress where cats would walk into taverns and get beer on their feet, then try to lick them clean but each lick counted as downing an entire pint so the cats immediately got alcohol poisoning, threw up and died :rip:

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Air Skwirl posted:

I'm from Washington State and always get a little confused for a second whenever something from Western Australia pops up here.
Think of all the South Australians on the SA forums... or the nice South Africans.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
The what?
The good thing about coming from NSW is that the acronym never gets confused with anything else!
That's it. There's nothing else good about it.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah. Bunch of wankers.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Takes No Damage posted:

That guy on the right is pretty loving short :v:

Remembering that one bug in Dwarf Fortress where cats would walk into taverns and get beer on their feet, then try to lick them clean but each lick counted as downing an entire pint so the cats immediately got alcohol poisoning, threw up and died :rip:
Read this as "Red Dwarf" somehow and was just "I don't remember this episode, sounds good"

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Takes No Damage posted:

Remember that this was only really discovered because there was an unusual frequency of tantrum spirals happening in taverns, leading to the investigation of cats.
The cats dying would upset their owners, causing them to rage out.
The survivors would drink more, causing further spills, which in turn afflicted more cats.

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

Cable Guy posted:

nice South Africans

I've never met one.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Food Boner posted:

It's a guy looking through a speed gun

lol that a speed gun looks like a tacticool pig snout

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Cable Guy posted:

or the nice South Africans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9dmoT9AfoI

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Guess I know what’s going to be playing in my head in the shower for the next week.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

You’ve got to at least include the music video.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2z39tr

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
So he's been looking everywhere except inside actual South Africa, which is probably the correct call

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Lol one time I was drunk I met a south african and I thought telling them about that video and then sending it to them was a good call

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Tree Bucket posted:

The what?
The good thing about coming from NSW is that the acronym never gets confused with anything else!
That's it. There's nothing else good about it.

You're from the north southwest? Is that like, Salt Lake City?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bum the Sad posted:

You’ve got to at least include the music video.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2z39tr

Youtube took down the music video because of “hate speech.”

Here’s the full video: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x64bzyd

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Mr. Nice! posted:

Youtube took down the music video because of “hate speech.”

Here’s the full video: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x64bzyd

If you watch the full thing there's some pretty horrible terms for black South Africans in there, yes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

darkwasthenight posted:

If you watch the full thing there's some pretty horrible terms for black South Africans in there, yes.

The person using that slur in the video is P.W. Botha, and he was a loving monster. The point of the video is that Apartheid era SA whites were barbaric monsters.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Butterfly Valley posted:

Lol one time I was drunk I met a south african and I thought telling them about that video and then sending it to them was a good call

The last time I met a South African he tried telling me Jews were treated like high-class political prisoners during World War II and there was no holocaust because he personally went to Auschwitz and saw no chimneys and therefore there were no ovens and therefore history is full of lies from Jews.

eh, I don't really mean to generalize South Africans, he's just the only one I've ever met :shrug:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

credburn posted:

The last time I met a South African he tried telling me Jews were treated like high-class political prisoners during World War II and there was no holocaust because he personally went to Auschwitz and saw no chimneys and therefore there were no ovens and therefore history is full of lies from Jews.

eh, I don't really mean to generalize South Africans, he's just the only one I've ever met :shrug:

I wouldn't be surprised tbh

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/05/the-world-is-full-of-holocaust-deniers/370870/

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Mr. Nice! posted:

The person using that slur in the video is P.W. Botha, and he was a loving monster. The point of the video is that Apartheid era SA whites were barbaric monsters.

I know who Botha is. I'm saying it'd be trivially easy to get it banned from yt for reasons that aren't "saying Saffricans smell is hate speech".

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

darkwasthenight posted:

I know who Botha is. I'm saying it'd be trivially easy to get it banned from yt for reasons that aren't "saying Saffricans smell is hate speech".

True enough. Thank you for clarifying.

The trimmed version is banned as well without the Botha bits, though, which is funny to me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

credburn posted:

Which is a little odd since Apartheid era South Africa was an incredibly close ally of Israel, including collaboration on the development of nuclear weapons and possibly testing them together in the late 70s.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

book's better, but yeah it's probably one of menzel's best normalization-era films.

gently caress that film for making nymburk look much cooler than it really is though.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Botha these nuts!

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Butterfly Valley posted:

A nice South African would have found it funny

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Catching up on the thread, and I see the Boston cop clip was under discussion again.

burexas.irom posted:

That's not schadenfreude, the slide ended up getting arrested.

Don't worry, the finding was that it was a justified chute.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Jedit posted:

Catching up on the thread, and I see the Boston cop clip was under discussion again.

Don't worry, the finding was that it was a justified chute.

I hate you.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Oceania killin it tbh

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

FreudianSlippers posted:

What avatars aren't work safe?

My avatar might be hard to explain although its a lot easier since the mods deleted my red text for being obscene.

Honestly surprised it survived as long as it did.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

limp_cheese posted:

My avatar might be hard to explain although its a lot easier since the mods deleted my red text for being obscene.

Honestly surprised it survived as long as it did.

Well now I gotta ask, what was the red text?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/accusation-of-war-crimes-lodged-at-icj-against-idf-reservists-who-went-to-the-hague/

Accusation of war crimes lodged at ICJ against IDF reservists who went to The Hague

Several IDF reserve soldiers have become the subject of a complaint submitted at the International Court of Justice in the ongoing genocide case against Israel after they traveled to The Hague to draw international attention to the crimes carried out by Hamas on October 7, Channel 12 reports.

According to the report, the reservists, who were released from fighting in Gaza in order to attend Friday’s ruling on South Africa’s genocide case against Israel, gave a series of interviews to international media outlets in defense of the war against the Hamas terror group.

After a social media post from one of the reservists came to light, in which he referenced the Amalekites, the biblical enemy of the ancient Israelites, in relation to Hamas, a complaint was lodged at the ICJ with a request for the reservists to be investigated as part of the genocide case.

The reservists were reportedly advised to lie low following the incident and have since returned to Israel.

In a statement, the IDF’s spokesperson’s unit says the reservists were “given standard instructions for this type of incident,” and adds that they “returned on a pre-scheduled flight.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Enos Cabell posted:

You're from the north southwest? Is that like, Salt Lake City?

I've never thought of it that way before, but now I can't un-see it, drat you
New South Wales or- if you ever meet someone from west of the ranges- you can make friends instantly with them by declaring that NSW stands for Newcastle Sydney Wollongong