Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

The rotten core of politics by Cai Meng

The 2024 election by Cai Meng

Searching for peace by Luo Jie

Shirking responsibility by Song Chen

Wrong way by Luo Jie

Le Monde

by Ahmad Rahma from Turkey
Sailing the Red sea

by Chappatte from Switzerland

Remaniement/Reshuffling by Micaël as seen in Marianne

"On your right you can see a reshuffling."

by Herrmann from Switzerland
Agricultural Anger

Allemagne : la menace de l’extrême-droite/Germany: The threat of the far-right by Joep Bertrams from the Netherlands

by Adene from France
Rearmament, Demography, Pressure, Conciliation, Social, House-work, Inequalities, Sexism, Stereotypes, Mental Stress

by Amorim from Brazil

Parrainez un enseignant/Sponsor a teacher by Micaël as seen in Marianne

Sponsor a public school teacher

L’Europe récolte la colère de ses agriculteurs/Europe reaps the anger of its farmers by Le Hic from Algeria

Agricultural protest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Searching for peace by Luo Jie

The world is at peace but doesn't realise it? Good job doofus

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The world is desperately trying to find its way out of peace. A hawk cartoon.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

100YrsofAttitude posted:

by Herrmann from Switzerland
Agricultural Anger

That doesn't look particularly difficult to drive over. Might slow you down for a bit, I guess

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I'm impressed that that tractor managed to till the asphalt and even bust through the central railing. Terminator poo poo

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

The Islamic Shock posted:

Hey... President Biden just did something good for Americans like me!
That's great, son! Let's vote for him because voting for people who do poo poo you like is how democracy is supposed to work!
Wow, society is improving over time and I'm bitter!
I wonder if the tax burden will be shifted to my income bracket completely unnecessarily, and what's modern monetary theory?

Edit: didn't see people pointing all that out first but conservatives have gotten so used to the government doing poo poo against people they hate rather than actually doing anything for them that they think this is an aberration

Yeah, one of my aunts commented how she paid for her college by "waiting tables" during the summer and I was pretty annoyed by it. I wanted to reply "Okay, so take the average cost of going to college including tuition/housing/meals/etc today versus how much you can make over a summer vacation waiting on tables, how long do you think it would take to pay back the high interest student loans? Years? Decades? Centuries? My bet is on Infinity by the way."

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pedro Molina

Clay Jones

Jen Sorensen

Tom Tomorrow

Brian McFadden

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Amjad Rasmi

Bill Bramhall

Carlos Latuff

Christopher Weyant

Clay Bennett

Darrin Bell

David M. Hitch

Dick Wright

Kellies Nomination: Most Opposite of Reality (The Biden administration WON a court case against Texas.)

Jeff Danziger

Jimmy Margulies

John Branch

John Darkow

Lisa Benson

Mike Smith

Pedro X. Molina

Randall Enos

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Indiana_Krom posted:

Yeah, one of my aunts commented how she paid for her college by "waiting tables" during the summer and I was pretty annoyed by it. I wanted to reply "Okay, so take the average cost of going to college including tuition/housing/meals/etc today versus how much you can make over a summer vacation waiting on tables, how long do you think it would take to pay back the high interest student loans? Years? Decades? Centuries? My bet is on Infinity by the way."

My uncle is the same way. One summer spent doing landscaping work paid his way through law school.

Meanwhile, took me 3 years of working a decent paying transportation job and living with my parents to pay off a 2 year specialized associates degree.
They deliberately refuse to understand how severely poo poo has changed because then they'd have to get off their high horse and admit something was easier for them.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others!

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
This is the kind of barbed wire I can see by looking out of my window. That ain't what they got on the border.

Random thought.
The left: Biden is funding one too many genocides
The right: Biden is funding one too few genocides

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 28, 2024

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Islamic Shock posted:

This is the kind of barbed wire I can see by looking out of my window. That ain't what they got on the border.

Fun fact: It's illegal to use barbed wire in Norway.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"The Tory right is coming for Rishi Sunak – Dark forces are dragging the prime minister – and the party – to extinction"

Sunday Telegraph:

‘Of course I jolly well would’: Boris Johnson pledges to join Army to fight Russia if needed

Matt:

Sunday Times:

The Traitors review — a finale to restore faith in primetime pop culture

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Speaking of treason, let's get into some more Q poo poo in

I don't remember previous storks being quite this buff, but sure.

Two out of three imprisoned people are innocent; a surprisingly progressive cartoon.

Is this coal supposed to be particularly sinister, or are we just going for "the opening sequence from Bladerunner" vibes, or what? I know we've seen Coal-Shoveling Demon before, at least.

I remember when I heard that story about the secret synagogue tunnel, my first thought was "what are the conspiracy theorists going to do with this?" and I'm glad Ishida is not disappointing us here. Also, the Jews are Jedi now? I guess... evil Jedi? The Jews are Sith, somehow?

Ah, yes, Elon Musk, formerly SUPER devoted to free speech unless you said something bad about him or anyone he likes who also LITERALLY poo poo THE BED ANTISEMITICALLY LIKE TWO MONTHS AGO, FAMOUSLY DRIVING AWAY A TON OF ADVERTISERS WHAT ARE YOU EVEN SMOKING YOU loving

...anyway.

Ah, here's some Q stuff, but it's more background for the antisemitism than anything else.

It's a good thing those kids from that weird subgroup of Chabad knocked down some walls and hauled in some dirty sleeping bags were building mysterious conspiracy body-transport tunnels in the sewer or else the stork carrying Baby New Year wouldn't have been able to escape hell. Again, I'm just going to spend a few minutes staring at a sentence this comic has obligated me to write. (Also, hope you spotted the child abuse imagery AGAIN.)

I guess the kid going to hell was a head fake, which is fine, but... since when was hell just connected to the sewers in Sinfest? I remember there being some giant hole that led there, so this isn't wholly without precedent, but you'd think maybe someone would have stopped the stork on the way out? Did it have a guest pass or something? Also, the baby being raised by 4chan would not be much better than it being in hell, so hopefully she doesn't stay in this club.

Pettyfest

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Anti-Semitism)

Good lord. I feel like I'm going to be put on a list just for seeing these. I can't believe Sinfest is starting to finally outpace Stonetoss for sheer visceral hatred of Jewish people.

e:

quote:

It's a good thing those kids from that weird subgroup of Chabad knocked down some walls and hauled in some dirty sleeping bags were building mysterious conspiracy body-transport tunnels in the sewer or else the stork carrying Baby New Year wouldn't have been able to escape hell. Again, I'm just going to spend a few minutes staring at a sentence this comic has obligated me to write. (Also, hope you spotted the child abuse imagery AGAIN.)

I thhhhink in Sinfest's depiction those are supposed to be bloody mattresses, not sleeping bags. (The implication, of course, being that Ishida is saying Jewish people are carrying out CSA with the mattresses.)

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 28, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

idonotlikepeas posted:

since when was hell just connected to the sewers in Sinfest?
That's probably where Jews come from in Tats' corroded mind. From hell via the sewers.

In reality that's where his brain is on its way.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I thhhhink in Sinfest's depiction those are supposed to be bloody mattresses, not sleeping bags. (The implication, of course, being that Ishida is saying Jewish people are carrying out CSA with the mattresses.)

That's why I crossed out the sleeping bags part, as a joke (the implication being that that was what the reality of the situation was). Although even that turned out to be an exaggeration - there was a mattress that was behind the paneling in the wall to reinforce it (a terrible idea, but not a criminal one). That didn't stop a bunch of whackjobs from coming up with all kinds of theories. Here, in case you're curious:

https://www.factcheck.org/2024/01/what-we-know-about-the-brooklyn-synagogue-tunnel/

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Just full-blown blood libel poo poo. Incredible. At this point I fully expect him to revive that self-insert child character he ran with like a decade ago in order to depict some Jews tricking him into drawing all the cringe poo poo he drew early in his career like the Ebonics Bible.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

poo poo going too deep into antisemitism dogwhistles for me to decipher. I thought the tunnel rabbis were carrying bodies wrapped in blankets or something. And lol at him getting bored with the New Year arc in just a week because the itch to be bigoted was too great

Also Ishida is a holocaust denier now, fantastic.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think he's still at the "people should be allowed to ask questions" stage. Open Holocaust denial by March.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Pants Donkey posted:

poo poo going too deep into antisemitism dogwhistles for me to decipher. I thought the tunnel rabbis were carrying bodies wrapped in blankets or something. And lol at him getting bored with the New Year arc in just a week because the itch to be bigoted was too great

Also Ishida is a holocaust denier now, fantastic.

Is it really still dogwhistles at this point? Ishida is basically screaming "JEWS!!!" at the top of his lungs.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Is it really still dogwhistles at this point? Ishida is basically screaming "JEWS!!!" at the top of his lungs.
Yeah it’s hard to describe it. It’s still coded poo poo but it’s not hiding the hatred. It’s weird.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

At this point Sinfest seems like it's just a far less clever Stonetoss. With "storylines."

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Speaking of treason, let's get into some more Q poo poo in

This what Tatsuya Ishida looks like? Was expecting something else, but I guess you shouldn't judge based on someone's name. Might be mixed-race Asian/white or something.

Anyway, he actually looks more normal than I expected for someone who is clearly suffering from severe mental issues

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
the whole year will just be the stork flying till it delivers a rapidly dying 'new' year

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

This what Tatsuya Ishida looks like? Was expecting something else, but I guess you shouldn't judge based on someone's name. Might be mixed-race Asian/white or something.

Anyway, he actually looks more normal than I expected for someone who is clearly suffering from severe mental issues

The two faces there are JK Rowling, creator of Harry Potter, and Graham Linehan, creator of The IT Crowd. Both are notorious TERFs. I made the banner when TERF poo poo was the main thing going on in Sinfest. I don't actually have a picture of Tatsuya Ishida handy.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Yeah this whole bit is just "Jews are doing secret child sexual abuse in their secret Jew tunnels and you can't say the Holocaust was fake which it obviously was", painting Elon as defending Jewish people is downright hilarious and I'm 0% surprised to see that the stork is delivering baby new year to a bunch of buff manly pepes at a gym, really cool that the last few weren't chuddy enough so this one's gonna be full on alt right.

Phlegmish posted:

This what Tatsuya Ishida looks like?
That's Graham Lineham

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My bad. Obviously I recognized J.K. Rowling, but I didn't know who the guy was, and just assumed it was Ishida. If he's actually some kind of British megaTERF, I'm glad I don't know him.

e: sorry, Irish

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Phlegmish posted:

My bad. Obviously I recognized J.K. Rowling, but I didn't know who the guy was, and just assumed it was Ishida. If he's actually some kind of British megaTERF, I'm glad I don't know him.

e: sorry, Irish

he's cancelled, that's why you don't know him

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Linehan is a fantastic example of the same mechanism as Tats where transphobia in particular seems to rapidly supercharge a descent into insanity.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ishida was always very private and I think one alleged photo of him exists.

So basically the second thing he stole from Bill Watterson :v:

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

e: nomination rescinded, it's still a bad cartoon but not as racist as I thought.

L. Ron DeSantis fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 28, 2024

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's a stupid cartoon for several reasons, but I'm pretty sure the point is supposed to be that people unfairly question Mr. Black Mouthpiece's competence due to DEI, and so wouldn't it be good if we got rid of DEI?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
"""I bet that black person's not qualified!" - a white person" - a black person" - a white person

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

:stare:
Kellies nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism)
Like just straight up "black people aren't smart enough to be pilots"

It's not that, though? The claim is "if you have positive discrimination in hiring then people will assume that you were selected for your race instead of your qualifications". Because of course companies never discriminate in their hiring in non-positive ways...

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pants Donkey posted:

Ishida was always very private and I think one alleged photo of him exists.

So basically the second thing he stole from Bill Watterson :v:

It's interesting/funny that I think back when Keenspot was still relevant for webcomics, Ishida shared booth space with the creator of Real Life comics at cons, and she came out as trans a couple years ago.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Nenonen posted:

It's not that, though? The claim is "if you have positive discrimination in hiring then people will assume that you were selected for your race instead of your qualifications". Because of course companies never discriminate in their hiring in non-positive ways...

So you’re saying that as a white guy, I should support DEI practices to prevent people thinking I was hired due to my race. I’m down with that.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Nenonen posted:

And of course, conservatives already always assumed this about all minorities, well before DEI.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jimmy Margulies

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!