Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

doomfunk posted:

okay thread I want some goon opinions: I am an idiot and love sidearms. what sidearms should I be farming, or is the witch queen one a solid choice? (it is my current sidearm).

e: for clarity I'm talking empirical evidence, which is pretty good but it's no trespasser or cryosthesia or anything.

Make Breachlight available again through science or magic.

Buzzard is pretty nice, if it's still in rotation.

You can try and get patterns for Drang from the Glykon when it's in rotation.

Heliocentric QSc is well-spoken-of.

It's not meta, but I enjoyed High Albedo and Headseeker has potential for PvP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

doomfunk posted:

okay thread I want some goon opinions: I am an idiot and love sidearms. what sidearms should I be farming, or is the witch queen one a solid choice? (it is my current sidearm).

Indebted Kindness (the legendary rocket sidearm from Warlord’s Ruin) for sure. Liminal Vigil (from Spire) if you pvp. Baroque Drang or Heliocentric. Brigand’s Law with Voltshot.

I’ll always love a good beepgun — Punching Out, Fioritura, etc. (or Fool’s Lament if that ever gets reissued in IB) for pvp or low-risk pve.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
oh good calls, I've got a couple drangs in my vault I should see if I could slam harmonizers on. will check for the others too

e: wow I have a large number of punching outs and heliocentrics. I also kept my breach light roll from back when, but it's just depressing to see the grey triangle.

doomfunk fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 28, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

doomfunk posted:

e: for clarity I'm talking empirical evidence, which is pretty good but it's no trespasser or cryosthesia or anything.

Ever try Forerunner?

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

y'know I haven't done anything with Eternity yet for some reason, but forerunner seems like something I should get

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

doomfunk posted:

y'know I haven't done anything with Eternity yet for some reason, but forerunner seems like something I should get

Dares is my go-to "I want to shut my brain off and murder" activity. It can be a ton of fun :unsmith:.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I guess I'm just intimidated by any activity with two dedicated vendors

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Big money. Big bucks. Big money.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Sidearms are really good, they do silly amounts of damage and have for ages because no one uses them, so Bungie bumps up the damage, no one uses them, repeat. It rules.

Also Volatile Rounds being anti Barrier is great, but Void Hunter struggles to access Weaken outside of the pissy little smoke bomb and unless you use the suppressor grenade you don't even touch suppression. Which is a shame. Invisibility and Volatile is fun tho, and you Devour all over the gaff.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Radiant is the better anti barrier anyways

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Redback is a nice legendary that rolls surrounded and is solar.

Forerunner is a really good gun that has alot of ammo and hits like a truck. Landing a crit flinches and you can fund it all with special ammo finisher

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

magiccarpet posted:

Why don't load outs swap out artifact mods and other UI experiences

Short answer is Bungie is a small indie company and were forced to lay off people recently.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

dares are great. like mass effect 3 multi was reborn with a bit of fall guys in the middle. why have I not bothered with this yet?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

doomfunk posted:

dares are great. like mass effect 3 multi was reborn with a bit of fall guys in the middle. why have I not bothered with this yet?

Dares are great, and I'm kinda upset they haven't added more rooms to keep it fresh. It's so easy, seems like a quick win.

Instead we get the last three seasons doing dares with the serial filed off for the activity.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Riven's wishes cannot compare to cash prizes and big screen TVs

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Also all the Dares weapons are at least fun to play with and some remain meta to this day.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I still maintain that the BR is the only fun pulse rifle.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Dares also gave us Eager Edge, aka the reason all the enemies you were shooting suddenly despawned

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I still maintain that the BR is the only fun pulse rifle.

The Messenger is fun with kinetic tremors but yeah you're not beating the ol standard

Kinda surprised we didn't get a spnkr

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

RBA Starblade posted:

Kinda surprised we didn't get a spnkr

Isn't that a skin for Gally?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Not as far as I know

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There's an ornament for it called GJNKR but it doesn't look much like the Marathon launcher

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh hey DIM will thumbs up popular rolls in my vault. seems like I can probably liquidate about 400 guns.

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

doomfunk posted:

oh hey DIM will thumbs up popular rolls in my vault. seems like I can probably liquidate about 400 guns.

How do you do this? I use destiny recipes but anything to speed up the sharding process is good

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I don't have a fast or smart way to do it beyond locking the good rolls and manually salvaging the rest.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That is a dangerous game. You can have a great roll but no thumbs up because the first two perk slots aren't what the community thinks is best and screw yourself over. The first two perk slots really don't matter for the majority of players.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

sure but I'm drowning in all my bullshit and I'd rather have a hygge vault than trouble finding my cool guns. I have a few rolls that aren't thumbs that I know on sight and really like (my lonesomes for example) but right now I would just like the space back (to hoard more)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If you aren't sure, always ask the thread.

And rule number one is, if you like using it, keep it. If you never use it, burn it.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Someone confirm but I believe thumbs up is the most common roll not the god roll.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

^burtle posted:

Someone confirm but I believe thumbs up is the most common roll not the god roll.

No, thumbs up means it matches a wishlisted item. The default DIM wishlist pulls from a few sources, and you can debate the quality of the rolls they include, but they're not the most common rolls, they're specifically chosen rolls.

Try Hard Pill
Oct 19, 2012

^burtle posted:

In DIM a thumbs up is a "meta" roll (that is, someone who's considered an expert likes that roll for some purpose in the game).

If you use the light.gg roll appraiser, then a "god roll" there is just the most commonly-used roll.

e: f;b

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

yeah, I have a lot of things with thumbs because I have a general sense of what's good. I just also have a habit of throwing everything in my vault between rounds in a playlist, so there's a lot of trash to sift through. for the record, a lot of my thumbs are items from long past seasons that I have been hanging on to because I have done the work with them and no they are good. like I have an original drang with a meta roll.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Purging your vault can be such a hard experience.

You need to understand that you will never actually use the weapon/item.

Accept that your vault will be better without it.

Appreciate what joy the item did bring to you (if at all).

Then, let it go.

This is the path to a healthy vault.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just keep my vault almost full because it doesn't matter

If I start to run low I blow up some armor rolls that aren't great and remove weapons I have patterns for

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

How to clean your vault:
1. Open DIM
2. Search for “kills:0”

You haven’t used these guns. They’re not real. You’ll probably never use them. You may even have a god roll in here. That wasn’t enough to get you to use it. Let them go.

Be free.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

also good to wisely acknowledge when you just loving don't like a type of gun. fusion rifles? I hate them. get that poo poo out of there. swords, glaives, bows, sidearms? precious babies.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I auto delete swords now that I crafted Other Half

I'll never see em

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

If I start to run low I blow up some armor rolls that aren't great and remove weapons I have patterns for

There isn't really a point to keeping random rolls of guns you have the pattern for, is there? All of them are replicable, especially now that you can spend resources on gun leveling so you can have that roll back at the cost of two minutes in the enclave

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

There isn't really a point to keeping random rolls of guns you have the pattern for, is there? All of them are replicable, especially now that you can spend resources on gun leveling so you can have that roll back at the cost of two minutes in the enclave

None whatsoever, though I still have my original DMT roll just for funsies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
Ugh, almost half my vault is armour at this point because it's even easier to rationalize myself into keeping it. Sure, it's not part of any of my current loadouts, but when I get a new exotic or a better roll on a current one, that might completely change which combination is optimal! Sure, this one has 27 recov/28 disc and this other one has 28 recov/27 disc, but that one point might be the difference between hitting a breakpoint or not!

Sometime before the end of the season I need to just take a Saturday and burn through the 99 engrams from previous seasons, rebuild my 'optimal' loadouts, and then just purge everything else. Aside from maybe a few backup items. Oh no, that's how it starts...