Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

posadas posted:

Speaking of skill checks, I had a run-in with My Form Empties with a rupture team, and everyone ended up with very low (i.e. impossible even with ideal coin flips) probabilities on the end-of-battle skill check. I fortunately had enough rupture stacks to take it down next turn, but I'm now wondering if I just ended up with a team composition that wasn't able to pass the check, or if the thresholds are conditional on something

Probably should have taken a screenshot
Team comp couldn't pass the check because thresholds are conditional on your teams skill composition, so technically both? Skill checks have a list of sin affinities they looking for (I think only 1 or 2 affinities) and two thresholds, the lower threshold for skills with matching affinities to the list, and the higher threshold for mismatching affinities. The only look at your raw rolls as well, so no spending charge or tremor or anything to buff your rolls, but they also don't give a poo poo about offense levels. The threshold for mismatching affinities can get pretty rough, the NDA event and the angel statue ask for like a 17 for matching affinities, or 34 for mismatches. I think My Form Empties looks for lust affinity, and most of the units you'd bring to a fight for a rupture team are more solid gluttony and gloom skills that solid lust or just stupid high, so you probably didn't decide Talisman Sinclair was good, 7 Ryoshu was totally a rupture unit, or L Faust is a better rupture unit than 7 faust, and subsequently got screwed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

DuoRogue posted:

the one exception is headstrong. headstrong is never worth it. Not even with rusty coin.

I took headstrong this past MD3H run.

Never again.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
guess I need to bash out some railway

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I didn't get the best banner last time, probably because I didn't have W Ryoshu or know the full value of Rime Shank. Hopefully I already have everything I need for the upcoming meta.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I didn't get the best banner because I only allow my final turn counts to end in 83, and the cute kitty face is more important to me than an arbitrarily shiny banner.

So we'll see how this one goes.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
So how many colors do we have by now?

Red Mist
Red Gaze
Red Sack (?)
Blue Reverberation
Purple Tear
Black Silence
Indigo Elder

Am I missing anyone?

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
Going by this guide there is also the Jade Qilin (nominated by Roland in the short story set after Ruina) and also the Grass Maiden might be a color?

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

KobunFan posted:

So how many colors do we have by now?

Red Mist
Red Gaze
Red Sack (?)
Blue Reverberation
Purple Tear
Black Silence
Indigo Elder

Am I missing anyone?

The Vermillion Cross, the guy Elena killed and puppeted.

microfolk posted:

Going by this guide there is also the Jade Qilin (nominated by Roland in the short story set after Ruina) and also the Grass Maiden might be a color?
What's the short story? I remember Roland rattling off a list of the contestants form most powerful fixer, but I can't find it.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
...is this a coindence or are the "red shirts" deliberately killed off? Red Mist, Red Sack, Vermilion Cross...

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

KobunFan posted:

...is this a coindence or are the "red shirts" deliberately killed off? Red Mist, Red Sack, Vermilion Cross...

Maybe they're just aren't that strong after all...

e:I also realized but is Yuri katana is from the Shi Association? Both are red after all and seem to ressemble one another

L.U.I.G.I fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 28, 2024

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

RandomReader posted:

What's the short story? I remember Roland rattling off a list of the contestants form most powerful fixer, but I can't find it.

I found this reddit post with a translation, I think it was the one I read but it was almost a year ago so idk if there are other versions out there. Looking at it now it's very neat how it also foreshadows the Indigo Elder heh

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

microfolk posted:

I found this reddit post with a translation, I think it was the one I read but it was almost a year ago so idk if there are other versions out there. Looking at it now it's very neat how it also foreshadows the Indigo Elder heh

According to a post down there Jade Qilin is the nickname for one of the 108 Stars of Destiny from Water Margin aka the famous Chinese novel that inspired the Suikoden games (the post says Lu Zhishen the Solitary Star, but the nickname belongs to Lu Junyi the Strength Star according to my searches) so they're not necessarily a Color since it's a specific reference. Grass Maiden probably is since that one came from Don.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/3967176074727006487

Rules of the new Railway. Seems to be more in line with RR1. 13 stages, 3 of which are healing/loadout swapping pit stops.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Junpei posted:

Rules of the new Railway. Seems to be more in line with RR1. 13 stages, 3 of which are healing/loadout swapping pit stops.

Skills and speed are no longer saved between stations, so it sounds like turn 1 resets are back. Joy. :rolldice:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

RandomReader posted:

Skills and speed are no longer saved between stations, so it sounds like turn 1 resets are back. Joy. :rolldice:
It's not like it stopped turn 1 resets, since the enemies could still be rerolled.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Genuinely wonder what would the turn counts look like if it wouldn't be possible to reroll.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
10 o' clock and 11 o' clock bosses are Ahab and Gasharpoon Ahab.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I always was curious what it would feel like getting my attacks forcibly redirected except against enemies with Railway statlines :v:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

random notable details:

- All about the turn count again baybee, 100 turns or less for par
- Any updates to IDs/EGOs levels/upties will take effect in an ongoing run.
- Sinner count at 6. as usual no extra skill slots for having less than 6 sinners so Dieci Hong Lu can go gently caress himself
- At rest stops any sinner below 0 SP goes back to 0 SP but any sinner above stays at their current SP
- In the event of a party wipe you can restart the fight or continue with the survivors, if you continue the enemy will keep their current damage. if you change your mind after continuing you can still restart the stage with everything reset including the return of your dead IDs
- rng first-turn draws are back which is both a blessing and a curse
- loving siltcurrent is one of the bosses just in case you thought you could escape from the glowstick shark

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I'm down for bosses being able to absolutely obliterate sinners, and this being an expected tactic that you can plan and play around instead of a reason to reset the fight.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
to be fair on the Siltcurrent, any boss in a Railway that was an Abno gets remixed to some degree so there's no guarantee that it'll work exactly like normal

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Siltcurrent now does the unblockable first turn AoE on each turn. :getin:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

to be fair on the Siltcurrent, any boss in a Railway that was an Abno gets remixed to some degree so there's no guarantee that it'll work exactly like normal

"remixed" generally means the penalties for ignoring their gimmicks becomes absurdly huge to stop you from doing that

siltcurrent penalizes you for not going all-in on offense so who the hell knows what it'll do

e: like it's a boss designed for meatgrinder combat, it has no business being in the middle of longform content but :lobcorp:

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 30, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Onehandclapping posted:

I'm down for bosses being able to absolutely obliterate sinners, and this being an expected tactic that you can plan and play around instead of a reason to reset the fight.

do support skills work if a sinner is dead? if not it's still a restart

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yinlock posted:

"remixed" generally means the penalties for ignoring their gimmicks becomes absurdly huge to stop you from doing that

siltcurrent penalizes you for not going all-in on offense so who the hell knows what it'll do

e: like it's a boss designed for meatgrinder combat, it has no business being in the middle of longform content but :lobcorp:

If you break the things the whale is a lot easier to handle already. Since it uses attacks on "dead" glowsticks.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

If you break the things the whale is a lot easier to handle already. Since it uses attacks on "dead" glowsticks.

that's what i mean though, rather than clash with it you gotta gun for it's light super hard

normal railroad remixes are to punish you for gunning for x super hard

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yinlock posted:

that's what i mean though, rather than clash with it you gotta gun for it's light super hard

normal railroad remixes are to punish you for gunning for x super hard

No I mean the flotsam adds it spawns.

The three times I have fought it, breaking the flotsam made the fight way less scary.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jan 30, 2024

AntQueen
Sep 28, 2021
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1752320822386340246

Captain Ishmael REAL

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
SHE COMES

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Wait, a teaser on Tuesday? Has that happened before?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

...Crimson whale? :raise:

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 30, 2024

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Arcanuse posted:

...Crimson whale? :raise:

Probably one of the big five. Well, big three now.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Wait, a teaser on Tuesday? Has that happened before?

This early release is your fault too, Ishmael!!

also what do you think the odds are that the remaining Calamities line up with the other 2 damage types from Lob corp?

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
talk about a woman moment goddamn ishmael lookin nice

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Verant posted:

This early release is your fault too, Ishmael!!

also what do you think the odds are that the remaining Calamities line up with the other 2 damage types from Lob corp?

Then we'd be short the blunt and slash whale, since the marlin was piercing.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Predictions:

-Sinclair-as-Pip OO.
-Envy S1, to facilitate QueeCliff's Envy Res gimmick.
-Wrath and Pride as the other two, to facilitate Blind Obsession, which requires those while also fitting the character.
-Pierce-based.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I'm still hoping for Sinclair as Ishmael, myself.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Predictions:

-Sinclair-as-Pip OO.
-Envy S1, to facilitate QueeCliff's Envy Res gimmick.
-Wrath and Pride as the other two, to facilitate Blind Obsession, which requires those while also fitting the character.
-Pierce-based.
I'll add that she'll probably have some method to give party members Poise.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Sorry, but the only Sinner I'll accept for Pip ID is Outis. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Hong Lu pip 00 ID that absolutely blows every other ID out of the water