Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Orange Carlisle posted:

which will be funny because jade already slammed her and carried her around and poo poo

I'm not a jade hater though so she can slam nia a hundred times or whatever if it hides her weaknesses while she gets better

Jade rules, everyone who poo poo on her when she jumped is a boob. Her shtick got very tired at the end of her AEW run but that’s on the booking, not her. She was consistently trying new and fun stuff in matches, even if it didn’t always work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Any news from last night?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

D.N. Nation posted:

the final 2 in last night's Rumble were Cody/Punk, which is a seismic moment given the last few years, and.....they somehow made it boring. I was praying for some Kevin Dunn camera cuts instead of the static-rear end wide shots of Tropicana Field (probably the ugliest stadium in American history) and Michael Cole talking about how many butts were in the seats. Also Punk looks beyond washed

One of the things I noticed (unless I missed it) wasn't there wasn't that big moment when Cody and Punk first were in the ring at the same time and then everyone kinda clears and they go after each other before going their separate ways until the end. Like they did that big promo at each other on Monday and then when they both are in at the same time they just do their own thing and ignore each other until it was time for the finish of the match. Just nothing organic.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

That DICK! posted:

Save us Bad News Barrel

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
they could do jade vs becky at mania since jade eliminated her by using naomi as a weapon. crowd popped at the idea of bianca vs jade though

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

1glitch0 posted:

One of the things I noticed (unless I missed it) wasn't there wasn't that big moment when Cody and Punk first were in the ring at the same time and then everyone kinda clears and they go after each other before going their separate ways until the end. Like they did that big promo at each other on Monday and then when they both are in at the same time they just do their own thing and ignore each other until it was time for the finish of the match. Just nothing organic.

They ran out of pops

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

kalensc posted:

I re-watched "Spotlight" last night instead of the Rumble. Obv the crimes themselves are incomparable in terms of scale.

There's scenes where characters realize that they "had all the pieces" in the past but didn't know there was a picture to be assembled.

I drew some parallels to the discussion in here re: hypothetical amount of culpability, negligence, willful ignorance, etc for former/current WWE folks that were established but not inner circle or whatever.

I dunno, poo poo sucks, and I'm not white knighting anyone in the industry. I'm going to choose to focus my ire on the principal violators and enablers who circled the wagons anytime someone dared consider taking a stand.

Only now getting to fhis post, so yes, this.

Billy Crudup’s lawyer for the Church being like “I gave you the names fifteen years ago” is one of those “oh gently caress” moments that is a great reconfiguring of a character you spend the early part of the movie despising, until you realize he tried to fight, found he was the only warrior against an army, and with no reinforcements coming, gave in to overwhelming power and became just one of their soldiers. And his contrast with Stanley Tucci’s character, who gets proven right again and again throughout the movie but is started off as being considered a crank and a bother to the Globe. Such a well-written movie.

A thing to consider when you add in the surrounding people in the complaint, like the tech crew; the way it is laid out in the complaint, it seems very much that Vince projected that she was a willing participant in his exploits, that she was a woman into extreme sex acts, and was somewhat provoking those he presented her private communications and imagery to themselves “up the ante”, in part to provoke her, objectify her, and dehumanize her directly himself by relaying the statements as a form of textual foreplay and express control over her by noting he can get his employees to become howling jackals with little provocation. So he’s pretty much lying to most of the people he’s allegedly pulling into this exploitation about the nature of the relationshop. Lauranitis comes off extra bad, though; her asking if there were other women they’ve shared prior to her when the three of them are first in a room together and Lauranitis shooting Vince a look seems to scream that John is wondering if Vince has told her about their previous victims. And yet, Vince also wants her to introduce herself as a “girlfriend” at first, almost as if to ease Lauranitis into his role in this whole disturbing period of the abuse and trafficking.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

Majinfoose posted:

They ran out of pops

Over there they call them sodas, I think.

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 28, 2024

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Who won the PSP Poster Rumble?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

kitten emergency posted:

the best thing you can say about jade in the rumble is she didn’t look any worse than she did in aew
I will never watch her in WWE obviously but I really think she let it go to her head that she was a highlight of the women's division only because Tony randomly forgot about 80% of the women he had wrestling on Dark and Elevation

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

super macho dude posted:

Who won the PSP Poster Rumble?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4052930&pagenumber=3&perpage=40

Looks like yea ok skinned the cat and eliminated Dave Meltzer AI last minute

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Dave got screwed. Yea ok is a fiend

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no one eliminated my dead body

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think Jade looked good. It didn't look like she had trouble lifting Nia at all and she was eliminated with a finisher in a unique way. The women's rumble was pretty good overall and I'm glad Bayley is getting recognized for being such a standout for the past few years.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Any news from last night?

Punk may have gotten hurt again apparently

https://twitter.com/AIRGold_/status/1751520125713281475?s=20

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It’s super funny that Jade just kind of lifted Jax as the latter the ropes and flipped herself. It really takes out the impact of a wrestling move when you land on the floor unhurt

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

From the hold and the landing, looks like a possibly dislocated shoulder.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

How could AEW let this washed up old man who keeps getting injured and picking fights with the young boys go?

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

fragile ego. fragile body. weak mind. weak spirit.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lmao

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
Homeboy just needs to give it up. The trunks just ain't working any more, he looks like he's out there in some drawers, he needs to go back to the longboys.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CM Punk making himself a special attraction who only wrestles once a year because he keeps getting injured in that one match.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
See? All those assholes who were angry about not being able to post about the rumble just had to wait a day. Already back to talking about Jade's booking and Punk. Banality of evil and all that.

If you watch WWE you are scum.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
yeah not like clips and gifs and reports on websites about the events exist. its good that you can come into the thread about wwe and even say the product and shows are bad or whatever and still be called scum because people on this site like to jump to conclusions and have terrible reading comprehension. that one post was right, why even have a "wwe discussion thread" if you cant even say "wwe sucks. product is bad, crowd sucks, wrestlers look sloppy" without being framed as a fed apologist.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Paying2Lurk posted:

See? All those assholes who were angry about not being able to post about the rumble just had to wait a day. Already back to talking about Jade's booking and Punk. Banality of evil and all that.

If you watch WWE you are scum.

The issue isn't discussing all facets of WWE. The issue always was the bizarre "Well I'M watching anyway :smug:" flexes, the constant disruptions and incitement, and the obtuse nature of people "just asking questions" while pointedly ignoring the responses. It's a massive entertainment company that is the loudest voice in the artform that half this subforum is about. People are going to run into clips of it. People are going to watch clips of it. There is a huge difference between seeing it, hearing about it, what-have-you, versus actively seeking it out and again acting weirdly smug about it. I'm not going to stop people from discussing things on a discussion forum especially in the thread which is intended for that discussion, but I am going to try to stop people from being inflammatory towards each other especially if it's in a way that actively hinders conversation...which you're doing now. Just so we're clear.

Just be adults with each other, man, it's not that hard.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Was it the left or right triceps he originally tore?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I’m pretty sure Randy Orton got injured last night too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I wasn't even gonna watch it but my friends invited me over to their place and we watched it there. Not that anyone should have to explain themselves, but whatever.

If people really want to put their money where there mouth is instead of just yelling into an internet subforum then why not actually donate to a good cause? I mean I guess donating to the forums with stupid avatar changes really makes you feel good, but that money could do more good elsewhere.

So I'll match what I've paid to the forums today as well as the hilarious poster who keeps spending money on avatar changes paid so at least some good can come from this.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Dango Bango posted:

Was it the left or right triceps he originally tore?

Left I believe.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Skeptic_Renewed posted:

I'm just loving people, who supported a forum RUN BY LOWTAX with comprehensive abuse and serious allegations of DRUNKEN DOMESTIC ABUSE, be so judgemental. At least he killed himself.

I AM BURNING THIS FORUM. AND BURNING MY CLOTHES AS WELL.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

epic

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

I can't dare hope for something so funny

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/PunkshotLariot/status/1751522256826814811

then
niw

forwver

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Punk throws a body shot during that exchange which is as funny as any of the ones he threw during his UFC shadowboxing clip.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Punk throws a body shot during that exchange which is as funny as any of the ones he threw during his UFC shadowboxing clip.

Punk's famous digging uppercut!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Punk is cool hope he didn’t get injured

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MorningMoon posted:

I can't dare hope for something so funny

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Randy Orton injured https://x.com/planeta_wrest/status/1751733930783363485?s=46&t=UEzIAf9wq3aI_vRQFA3mmg

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Punk is cool hope he didn’t get injured

Is he really cool or are you just fishing for attention

Why is Punk cool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

do you hope he got injured?