Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

wa27 posted:

He got 24% of Iowa in the 2016 primary and ended up winning the state.

he wasn't an ex-president when he ran in 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Yeah dude I hate when they show Spike Lee at the Lakers’ games. Just ruins the whole experience. Fuckin’ moron.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

kazil posted:

Keeping him off the ballot matters because the die-hard Trump voters won't go out to vote downballot.

I should check the local IL group my SO is in. I bet they're raging.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

If the Chiefs make it to the Super Bowl I really hope Taylor Swift is the headlining music act. Just because it would piss off the dumbest people in the country.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
I mean. I also hate it when I'm watching something and they're like "let's see how this celebrity is reacting". I don't care. No one should. I'm not living my life vicariously through celebrities.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

kazil posted:

Keeping him off the ballot matters because the die-hard Trump voters won't go out to vote downballot.

E:

War Wizard posted:

I mean. I also hate it when I'm watching something and they're like "let's see how this celebrity is reacting". I don't care. No one should. I'm not living my life vicariously through celebrities.

Not even if that celebrity was Ja Rule?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

tek79 posted:

If the Chiefs make it to the Super Bowl I really hope Taylor Swift is the headlining music act. Just because it would piss off the dumbest people in the country.

Can’t, it’s already Usher. Contracts are signed, etc.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

War Wizard posted:

Yeah that’s fine and all but making it seem like Swift’s presence is somehow worse than every other celebrity that regularly attended sporting events is dumb. She’s not even mugging for the camera or anything. She’s in a box seat cheering for her boyfriend. Who fuckin’ cares?

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

tek79 posted:

It’s already supposed to be Usher but if they squeeze her in last minute that would be cool.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i hate how a FLman named caturd is a semi national figure because Don and then Musk thought his suckoff memes were good.

also that a non furry(probably) uses a cat as his brand.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

tek79 posted:

they choose the halftime act months before the season even starts

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

PhazonLink posted:

also that a non furry(probably) uses a cat as his brand.

Um excuse me. It's a turd of a cat that he's using as his brand.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Stink Billyums posted:

they choose the halftime act months before the season even starts

the same people will hate the halftime headliner, though, just for different reasons

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

kazil posted:

Fair point.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

This seems like it Matters

"This is not a matter for the election board, it's a matter for the courts, and while I think he should be disqualified the authority definitely does not fall to my court".

That's my read. It's good in the sense that another Republican said he's unfit, but it does not matter in the sense that he's still on the ballot there.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

"This is not a matter for the election board, it's a matter for the courts, and while I think he should be disqualified the authority definitely does not fall to my court".

That's my read. It's good in the sense that another Republican said he's unfit, but it does not matter in the sense that he's still on the ballot there.

Kinda. The letter from the judge is just a recommendation.

quote:

The eight-member governing board of the State Board of Elections, which meets Tuesday, is split equally between Democrats and Republicans.

That means setting aside the hearing officer recommendation and striking Trump from the March 19th primary ballot would require unanimity among the board’s four Democratic members and at least one Republican member breaking ranks against Trump.

If that long-odds outcome doesn’t materialize, the objectors likely would move the dispute into circuit court. That would launch a legal odyssey that could land in the lap of the Illinois Supreme Court, assuming the U.S. Supreme Court doesn’t offer guidance on the question earlier. Illinois’ high court is controlled by Democrats by a 5-2 majority.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

tek79 posted:

Lol good news for the chiefs since Baltimore did not show up to play today

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

bad news shithead

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

B-Rock452 posted:

Lol good news for the chiefs since Baltimore did not show up to play today

Are we watching the same game? Baltimore should be winning this but keeps shooting themselves in the foot in the most agonizing ways.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Frank Frank posted:

Are we watching the same game? Baltimore should be winning this but keeps shooting themselves in the foot in the most agonizing ways.

I'll admit I just turned on the last drive and assumed they were playing like that the whole game. But Jesus that was painful.

Now to watch Detroit crush my heart like they do every year

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Is that better or worse than the Falcons throwing a 1,000 point lead?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Can’t, it’s already Usher. Contracts are signed, etc.

Wait, Usher is still a thing? Was Chumbawamba unavailable?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Three Olives posted:

Usher came out with a new song not too long ago.

E:

August 2023

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Three Olives posted:

Super Bowl halftime shows are always dinosaurs with few exceptions, like when it was The Weeknd that one time.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Batterypowered7 posted:

Is that better or worse than the Falcons throwing a 1,000 point lead?

Baltimore has turned it over twice on scoring plays in the endzone, keeps getting caught committing incredibly boneheaded penalties (blatant taunting after a catch, helmet to helmet sacking Mahomes) but are moving the ball at will. Curious to see time of possession in the 2nd half but I bet Baltimore is dominating

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I thought chuds had sworn off of watching the NFL a while ago, over anthem kneeling or COVID precautions or both or whatever

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lol chiefs about to win eat poo poo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They keep wanting to take part in culture and we keep letting them

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Data Graham posted:

They keep wanting to take part in culture and we keep letting them

frankly, earth is overdue for an intervention by The Culture

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah dude I hate when they show Spike Lee at the Lakers’ games. Just ruins the whole experience. Fuckin’ moron.

Um, actually, Spike Lee is a diehard Knicks fan and is at a ton of their games.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

redshirt posted:

Laugh every time I remember that Reggie Miller would troll the poo poo out of, not just the other players, but Spike Lee.

E:

Abloobloobloobloobloo

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
lol game over. The ravens hosed themselves out of a win. Wild.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

redshirt posted:

Yeah sorry. I’m mixing my celebrity fandoms

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
literal armchair quarterback Matt Couch

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Woke Wins, Taylor's going to the Super Bowl!!!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Batterypowered7 posted:

Abloobloobloobloobloo
It wasn't all that long ago that she was their perfect Aryan waifu-princess.

I hope Super Bowl media week is nothing but Taylor Swift and more Taylor Swift.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

more like the POOPER BOWL right mr. catturd?

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

What kind of idiots would take their vaccine advice from Kelce? He should shut up and play football, and all of his drones should listen an expert. Like Aaron Rodgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

There are so many confused chud Chief fans right now.....