Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Zippy the Bummer posted:

there are rumors on the right that the dems will put michelle in at the convention. she was at 11/1 odds to win a few days ago, third behind trump and biden

Hasn’t Michelle said a million times she hates DC and doesn’t want to set foot in it again? Unless they force her to run somehow.

Has there ever been a candidate that was basically coerced into running for prez? William Howard Taft seemed ambivalent about it at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

It's time for the JFK hologram candidate

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

i've consumed enough sci-fi/fantasy fiction to know that the best leader would be the one that doesn't want it

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Horror_Business posted:

All votes are joke votes

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Rauros posted:

i've consumed enough sci-fi/fantasy fiction to know that the best leader would be the one that doesn't want it

Every American presidential candidate has to do a whole Cincinnatus song and dance about how they fear the lure of power but are compelled by Duty and Love of Country to assume the mantle of leadership with utmost fear and trembling. Voters tend to frown on those who don’t at least pretend to go through those motions. It’s why Hilldawg came off as repugnant to many (e.g. “It’s Her Turn”).

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Has there ever been a candidate that was basically coerced into running for prez? William Howard Taft seemed ambivalent about it at best.

Not exactly what you asked, but Chet Arthur was elevated to the presidency basically from the couch.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Bernie Sanders didn't really want it

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I don't think biden's cogent enough to want anything

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

The Voice of Labor posted:

I don't think biden's cogent enough to want anything

Oldest memories are the strongest so I think probably 60% of his waking life is spent being pissed off he had to drop his first two campaigns

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'd be really funny if a campaign was run for michelle obama in absentia against her express wishes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The argument that third parties are throwing your vote away doesn't carry much water when people already feel like blue no matter who is a waste of a vote.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Every American presidential candidate has to do a whole Cincinnatus song and dance about how they fear the lure of power but are compelled by Duty and Love of Country to assume the mantle of leadership with utmost fear and trembling. Voters tend to frown on those who don’t at least pretend to go through those motions. It’s why Hilldawg came off as repugnant to many (e.g. “It’s Her Turn”).

Counterpoint: Donald J. Trump

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it'd be really funny if a campaign was run for michelle obama in absentia against her express wishes.
If you can become emperor of Rome this way, why not POTUS?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

super sweet best pal posted:

The argument that third parties are throwing your vote away doesn't carry much water when people already feel like blue no matter who is a waste of a vote.

They said in 2020 that a vote for a third party was a vote for the incumbent.

So it follows that in 2024, a vote for a third party is a vote for Joe Biden.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Nothus posted:

Counterpoint: Donald J. Trump

Trump has enough raw charisma to make up for it. When you’re a bloodless empty suit you gotta lay on the humility or else you just give everyone the ick.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Gonna write in a candidate

While sitting at home

And then literally throw it away

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lol

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1751983569151357247

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

red triangles intensify

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The337th posted:

Gonna write in a candidate

While sitting at home

And then literally throw it away

No...you wouldn't!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Tom Hanks new movie looks weird.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Rick posted:

Tom Hanks new movie looks weird.
Asteroid Citylovely

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://x.com/hecubian_devil/status/1752101174344602010?s=20

never been more jealous of someone in my life

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
american brain unchallenged in its ability to compartmentalize and hold contradictory thoughts and beliefs simultaneously without insight or reflection on that contradiction

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Hasn’t Michelle said a million times she hates DC and doesn’t want to set foot in it again? Unless they force her to run somehow.

Fred Thompson ran in 2008 and he seemed pretty annoyed that he had been pushed to run just because he was a republican actor.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/OkButStill/status/1750971599753519207

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1214267892482469888

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
A bunch of people in the replies defending an imaginary dog

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

81 years old and still struggling to understand the concept of consent

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he understands it fine. he just hasn't ever had to abide by it.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lol

https://twitter.com/PabloReports/status/1752084770417250451

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/SLCLunk/status/1752671057138602457

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

back in the day they said the civil rights movement was controlled by the russians

Hell, my dad still calls MLK a communist every year when he gets the day off

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Ask him if he hates communism enough to go in and give his boss a free day of work.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
good morning :tipshat:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1752670573279293943

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the dems turning nevada from a solid blue state to solid red in one election cycle is really impressive

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

the dems turning nevada from a solid blue state to solid red in one election cycle is really impressive

How could B*rnie do this

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Ask him if he hates communism enough to go in and give his boss a free day of work.

His boss is the federal government which he is also not a fan of, lol

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I'm just going to write in Marianne Williamson and put myself into an induced coma for 4 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

i'm hoping for a mondale style blowout