Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
1080p gaming is still sick. I'll probably keep my same set up until it becomes slow/unusable but four years going and my system still cracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
The DLSS mod for RE4R is the only way I can get it to run without crashing on PC and AMDs upscaler looks a little assy there unfortunately

I'm sure there are cases where it's the opposite but it's always annoying when a game supports one and not the other

I thought my topend overclocked i7 from like 5 years ago with an AIO would see me through for quite a while but I'm seeing some games that eat up all available CPU bandwidth while annoyingly not maxing out the 3080. Hopefully it's a few fluke games because I really really don't wanna swap that thing out. Although an i9 from that gen might be cheap now anyways...

Or just do the sensible thing and keep the current hardware until it's just completely unservicable like last time

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You can also grab this mod that uses the AMD framegen tech on NVidia GPUs
https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/738?tab=description

So Nvidia not offering framegen for older cards seems like a bunch of "Please buy our expensive cards" nonsense.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Volte posted:

Sadly NVIDIA has the monopoly on DLSS which is unequivocally better than anything else, and their RT performance is leagues ahead too.
sick two things that fall in the range of I couldn't care less about this-actively don't like *gets out wallet*

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

DLSS is the only reason my 2080super can play nearly everything at high or better settings at 1440p. It's great.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I have no idea what most PC options do and just flip things on and off at random

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

I have no idea what most PC options do and just flip things on and off at random

the true gaming connoisseur's way

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If Nintendo sticks with Nvidia for their next console, then that should be pretty good if its able to use DLSS 3.0 right?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
People seem to play stuff on Steamdeck I wouldn't expect, hopefully they'd try and at least exceed that hardware point by now. But it would be the first time if their hardware met expectations before it was revealed.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

If Nintendo sticks with Nvidia for their next console, then that should be pretty good if its able to use DLSS 3.0 right?

I'm legit curious what the Switch 2.0 is going to bring to the table, in a market space it effectively invented, against Steamdeck like devices

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Just popping in to say that the Dragon Infinite Money people can die slow for moving this blatantly toward breaking up a fully complete game just to sell it back to us for even more money. Putting NG+ behind a paywall is such an unbelievably scummy thing to do and I genuinely hope the game fails because of it.

(it will likely be wildly successful because gamers have the self control of rabid hyenas. *insert MWII boycot list jpeg here*)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Power is clearly unnecessary when they can sell pokemon scarvi without shame.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

GreatGreen posted:

Just popping in to say that the Dragon Infinite Money people can die slow for moving this blatantly toward breaking up a fully complete game just to sell it back to us for even more money. Putting NG+ behind a paywall is such an unbelievably scummy thing to do and I genuinely hope the game fails because of it.

(it will likely be wildly successful because gamers have the self control of rabid hyenas. *insert MWII boycot list jpeg here*)

No one's boycotting it because no one cares about NG+ in Yakuza.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

stev posted:

No one's boycotting it because no one cares about NG+ in Yakuza.

Still an absolutely dogshit thing to do, and they should be called out on it.

Standard Features as a Service

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i assume it's a (very stupid) experiment in seeing what they can do to nickel-and-dime more profit out of a release without jacking up the base price

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

GreatGreen posted:

Can that problem be solved by doing all the side activities before going into the finale?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

It's already wildly successful and nobody cares about new game plus except head cases

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

Can that problem be solved by doing all the side activities before going into the finale?

you can still do all the side stuff after the story's done

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Infinitum posted:

I'm legit curious what the Switch 2.0 is going to bring to the table, in a market space it effectively invented, against Steamdeck like devices

Nintendo games mostly

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Infinitum posted:

the thing it'll bring to the table in comparison to the steam deck is that you will actually be able to walk out of a walmart with one

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Infinitum posted:

https://twitter.com/rihanna/status/488434293996552192?lang=en

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

GreatGreen posted:

Yeah everyone who buys things you tell them not to has no self control

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Muscle Tracer posted:

Time for a different argument.

Dark Souls is a roguelike.

Wrong, it’s a Metroidvania

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

dark souls is a donkey kong-like

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the real reason Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth is unethical is because they ripped off Pokemon

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

really israel could slaughter all these children without our help, I just didn't want to miss out on the chance to participate
Are you sure its not because the NPCs are powered by AI?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Granblue Relink early access started last night on the PS and I managed to play a couple of hours of it before heading to bed for work. So far the story is a little bit opaque if you haven't played the original gacha game before but they do give the broad strokes of the setup in dialogue and the lore log.

Gameplay's pretty fun at least even if it is just different combinations of mashing Square and Triangle and the game itself has a great artstyle so can't complain too much.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Infinitum posted:

It's crazy to think about but Nintendo used to think about power.

Their next console will probably be same power as Steam deck for half the cost and they'll make it up by charging $70 for the next Mario games.

The Dark Souls of Posters posted:

Wrong, it’s a Metroidvania

Lol no it's Zelda.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

Granblue Relink early access started last night on the PS and I managed to play a couple of hours of it before heading to bed for work. So far the story is a little bit opaque if you haven't played the original gacha game before but they do give the broad strokes of the setup in dialogue and the lore log.

Gameplay's pretty fun at least even if it is just different combinations of mashing Square and Triangle and the game itself has a great artstyle so can't complain too much.

it's a shame the gameplay sounds a bit basic, although i guess i can't blame it too much for that when it took this long to come out in the first place

i've still been really thirsting for a good fantasy co-op action dungeon crawler to come out. deeprock galactic or lethal company aren't bad games by any means, but they just don't hit the same aesthetic notes for me

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Strawberry Panda posted:

It's crazy to think about but Nintendo used to think about power.

Their next console will probably be same power as Steam deck for half the cost and they'll make it up by charging $70 for the next Mario games.

yes and?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I have a hard time believing nintendo would sell anything at a loss if they could avoid it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Vermain posted:

it's a shame the gameplay sounds a bit basic, although i guess i can't blame it too much for that when it took this long to come out in the first place

Note that I'm like literally level 5 or something and there's 95 more levels of character progression to go so there's probably more complex gameplay unlocked later. I've only played as Gran the protag who is pretty white bread in terms of gameplay as well, so other characters should be more complex by default.

Also if you want to go really sicko mode you can try to solo bosses and stuff, you can take people out of your party and just leave the slot empty and all so that it's just your chosen character.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They sold the Wii U and 3DS at a loss and that didn’t go so well for them

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

fez_machine posted:

It's already wildly successful and nobody cares about new game plus except head cases

"I don't personally care about this specific instance right this second so it doesn't matter. There's no way this could lead to anything that could impact things I actually do care about, no sir."

They are setting a precedent for the entire games industry to follow. First, start with core features of games that aren't really all that vital to get people used to the idea. Then extract more and more core features to be sold back to the consumer for even more money until "that's just how things are now."

Volte posted:

Yeah everyone who buys things you tell them not to has no self control

Right because this issue is strictly isolated to "me telling people what not to buy" and has nothing to do with gamers gleefully stampeding towards supporting industry trends that are actively anti-consumer because don't care gotta have new shiny toy right this second.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, I don't care

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I remember making arguments like that at the top of the hill about horse armor and DLC.

In Yakuzas case it's even more of a midroll rant since they've been selling Yakuza ng+ separately in japan for a while. You're not wrong that it's anti-consumer and all, but it's also not something we are going to vote away with our wallets.

I think classes being locked behind DLC is much worse anyway and they already pulled that in 7. NG+ is niche weirdo stuff that most players would never consider touching, so it's easier for them to not care or be impacted at all. But every player could make use of the better classes they stick in dlc or as preorder bait.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

GreatGreen posted:

"I don't personally care about this specific instance right this second so it doesn't matter. There's no way this could lead to anything that could impact things I actually do care about, no sir."

They are setting a precedent for the entire games industry to follow. First, start with core features of games that aren't really all that vital to get people used to the idea. Then extract more and more core features to be sold back to the consumer for even more money until "that's just how things are now."

Right because this issue is strictly isolated to "me telling people what not to buy" and has nothing to do with gamers gleefully stampeding towards supporting industry trends that are actively anti-consumer because don't care gotta have new shiny toy right this second.

what do you mean precedent, AAA devs have been making their bean counters happy by making GBS threads up the games with microtransactions for ages

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's all that drat horse armours fault...

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

It owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

If it comes with the same quality as LaD, nobody will give a poo poo about the increased cost because it's worth it. If it doesn't, they won't pay it. Either way, there isn't a problem.