Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
If Starfleet beached everyone who ever got their brains tampered with they'd be unable to crew half the fleet within a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

You remind me of my mother! she, too, loooved the stars.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

And the crews, remember Power Play?

Well I guess we can just let the computer run thi-...aw hell them too

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Gaz-L posted:

The ending of The Most Toys is one of the high points for me.

I must have clicked on this last time it came up, because this showed as a visited link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_skkBMvlWBw

It's so good. And then Data visits him in the brig to go all, "I'm just an android, I can't tell you to go gently caress yourself lol"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Whoa I had no idea about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh2fe1wk7sM&t=150s

The original actor apparently attempted suicide before filiming was complete. Saul Rubinek wanted to visit the TNG set because he wanted to check it out and he was friends with the director, Tim Bond. When he came on set, Bond asked him to take over the role

zoux fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 24, 2024

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

zoux posted:

Whoa I had no idea about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh2fe1wk7sM&t=150s

The original actor apparently attempted suicide before filiming was complete. Saul Rubinek wanted to visit the TNG set because he wanted to check it out and he was friends with the director, Tim Bond. When he came on set, Bond asked him to take over the role

I knew that the original guest actor was replaced, but I didn't recognize the name of the actor Rubinek replaced until I saw this clip -- I feel like the scene of Data about to murder Fajo would've had a much darker edge to it if Fajo was only 3' 11"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also reminded me about "That was the stun setting. This is not."

Boy howdy Data for a guy who keeps claiming to have no emotions you sure are great at simulating "sick of this bullshit".

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
I love the edit of that scene in one of the plinket reviews where they put the "This is not" before he shoots the last guy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phy posted:

Also reminded me about "That was the stun setting. This is not."

Boy howdy Data for a guy who keeps claiming to have no emotions you sure are great at simulating "sick of this bullshit".

Both scenes with our heroes being Sick Of This poo poo in that episode are great. Picard putting the Sheliak on hold is beautiful.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Sheliak b-plot is one of my favorites in the whole franchise

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phy posted:

Well, poo poo, I know what I'm doing with my evening

Also Data mirroring Hutchison while hiding behind that little pillar is great visual comedy, he's like a fuckin cartoon wolf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kntMdtzG5a8

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
My favorite "Data forgetting he isn't supposed to show emotion" scene is him playing craps in that really early TNG ep when they're trapped in an alien interpretation of a cheesy novel.

"Baby needs a new pair of shoes." :smuggo:

I'm guessing it took a LONG loving time to get usable takes without people cracking up.

It's a real tragedy that Brent Spiner didn't get to play more villains. He always seemed at his best when he was playing Lore.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Brent Spiner plays a very good smarmy rear end in a top hat.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Brent Spiner getting to play yet another evil Soong was one of the few good things about Picard S2.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
There are a lot of Soongs.

And for some reason, they all look exactly the same.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Well, they all just look a little older and fatter than the last.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
It's whats saves a Fistful of Datas as an episode

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Paramount execs be like "watch as we take this enormous ham actor and set him up for the rest of his life playing the emotionless robot man"

Satan himself all "drat, that's cold"

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Phy posted:

Paramount execs be like "watch as we take this enormous ham actor and set him up for the rest of his life playing the emotionless robot man"

Satan himself all "drat, that's cold"

Brent Spiner must reek of a film studio, considering how much set he chews when he acts.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
I really hoped Brent Spiner could redeem Master of Disguise when I was kinda forced to watch it many years ago.

He couldn't. That remains the worst movie I have ever seen.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
I wish Brent Spiner appeared in 30 Rock. Either in the Night Court episode, or as Kenneth’s mom’s friend Ron (just playing Bob Wheeler) instead of Bryan Cranston. Cranston was good for the part, but when I watched it first I thought it would have been better if it were Spiner.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Super Deuce posted:

Cranston was good for the part, but when I watched it first I thought it would have been better if it were Spiner.

No way. Cranston killed it.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

he was too likable after how kenneth talked about him the whole time

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

holefoods posted:

he was too likable after how kenneth talked about him the whole time

That's a fair point, but we ended up finding out it's because Kenneth didn't ever WANT to like him.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

So those transporter arches from STP. Imagine you're a tourist visiting Earth for the first time and you accidentally wander through the wrong arch and instead of New York you end up randomly in Los Angeles, or Boston, or Mexico city, or Cairo or something.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

8one6 posted:

So those transporter arches from STP. Imagine you're a tourist visiting Earth for the first time and you accidentally wander through the wrong arch and instead of New York you end up randomly in Los Angeles, or Boston, or Mexico city, or Cairo or something.

What makes you think those arches only go to one place instead of just whatever you selected as your destination on your personal padd/communicator/whatever?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

If travel ever got that simple I'd end up going places and forgetting why.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

8one6 posted:

Maybe it’s the first version of the magical commbadge transporters from Disco, those seem to be able to take you wherever you want to go without any interaction.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Blue Moonlight posted:

Maybe it’s the first version of the magical commbadge transporters from Disco, those seem to be able to take you wherever you want to go without any interaction.

Something something Vulcan neuro-sensing organic circuitry so you only have to think about your destination to trigger it.

Technobabble is easy.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

8one6 posted:

At the rate people were walking in and out of them, I'd be terrified of getting telefragged by someone if I stepped through them at the wrong time.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
https://twitter.com/mikemcmahantm/status/1751343787111272761?s=46&t=YuqSROOCXrcRx1gn_5vV7Q

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

8one6 posted:

No different than getting on the wrong mass transit line. Or booking the wrong destination. See the desk in the Austrian airport for people who were trying to go to Australia.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

TheCenturion posted:

See the desk in the Austrian airport for people who were trying to go to Australia.

Excuse me, I'm gonna need you to elaborate on this.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Perfect

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

holy poo poo lmao

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
God, what I would give to be in the McMahon/Newman/Quaid group chats. I bet they're loving hilarious

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

what

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Brawnfire posted:

If travel ever got that simple I'd end up going places and forgetting why.

When you just want a falafel but end up doing the pyramid tour again by accident.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

finally watching SNW and drat those klingons look hella good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

This is a post with GLORY.