Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Holy gently caress take super bowl chat elsewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

redshirt posted:

They deserved to lose. Beaten in all aspects of the game, including self control.

Swifties are going to Vegas!

That loss has to sting like hell for Jackson and Harbaugh. They 100% beat themselves.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

redshirt posted:

They deserved to lose. Beaten in all aspects of the game, including self control.

Swifties are going to Vegas!
https://twitter.com/AndySlater/status/1751749235991527496

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I come to this thread to make fun of a man pretending to be a billionaire, not a woman who is an actual successful billionaire.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I said come in! posted:

I come to this thread to make fun of a man pretending to be a billionaire, not a woman who is an actual successful billionaire.

You can make fun of the fact that a "girl" is in reality far more successful than the failed steak salesman that we elected as our President that one time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PhazonLink posted:

being banned or getting a the equivalent of a 6er on twitter or any other social media site(private biz) is a supa nova war crime.(but theyre allowed to have posting enemies get punished)

No, its when you're told to shut the gently caress up, stop saying racist bullshit in public and the popular "we're just trying to enjoy our time, please stop screaming about satan at the beach". Not to mention people not being forced to listen to their bullshit ranting, that really pisses them off. Chuds think the first amendment means people are forced to listen to you.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Frank Frank posted:

They are shown on TV all the time. This is only a big deal because MAGA weirdos are making a big deal out of it.

The Kansas Chiefs were treated very unfairly by the NFL. They are very biased. The referees made the false and very unfair claims with no evidence. The Chiefs played a PERFECT BASKETBALL GAME. This false deep state game was directed by Joe Biden and Tailor Swift.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Donald’s force of personality and raw animal magnetism will woo Taylor Swift and their blossoming love will unite the country. Donald will defeat the Kelce brothers in hand to hand combat on an MMA pay per view special that will be watched by over 10 billion people.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Accipiter posted:

The Kansas Chiefs were treated very unfairly by the NFL. They are very biased. The referees made the false and very unfair claims with no evidence. The Chiefs played a PERFECT BASKETBALL GAME. This false deep state game was directed by Joe Biden and Tailor Swift.

Did u know that Donald J Trump was tapped to play QB for the Ravens but he turned them down so they found another guy and well, would you look at how that turned out?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

bird with big dick posted:

Donald’s force of personality and raw animal magnetism will woo Taylor Swift and their blossoming love will unite the country. Donald will defeat the Kelce brothers in hand to hand combat on an MMA pay per view special that will be watched by over 10 billion people.

I would rather fight Travis than Jason. That dude went apeshit and tore his shirt off like the loving hulk in a luxury box (with Taylor Swift present) last week. It takes a special kind of crazy fat guy to do that

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

No, its when you're told to shut the gently caress up, stop saying racist bullshit in public and the popular "we're just trying to enjoy our time, please stop screaming about satan at the beach". Not to mention people not being forced to listen to their bullshit ranting, that really pisses them off. Chuds think the first amendment means people are forced to listen to you.

that too.

something something laws that protect them, laws that bind others.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Frank Frank posted:

Did u know that Donald J Trump was tapped to play QB for the Ravens but he turned them down so they found another guy and well, would you look at how that turned out?

The Day Joe Flacco Became Elite

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

twistedmentat posted:

Reminds me, when we went to Disneyland a couple of weeks ago, they had a guy just outside the gates with a speaker and microphone who was supposedly a preacher trying to woo people to God. But he kept yelling that people were molesters, and some other crazy poo poo, and I just wonder "Does that EVER work, yelling at people who are about to go into Disney to have fun?"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Frank Frank posted:

Threw a touchdown like never seen before.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

kazil posted:

I would legit pay good money to watch Trump try and throw a football as far as he could. Didn’t he try and throw out a baseball pitch once and couldn’t even get it to the plate?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Is there some way we could trick chuds into adopting Chacarron as their new beloved theme song they blast at rallies and whatnot? I just think the chorus to that track would be completely appropriate for their gatherings is all.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Silly Burrito posted:

Reminds me, when we went to Disneyland a couple of weeks ago, they had a guy just outside the gates with a speaker and microphone who was supposedly a preacher trying to woo people to God. But he kept yelling that people were molesters, and some other crazy poo poo, and I just wonder "Does that EVER work, yelling at people who are about to go into Disney to have fun?"
No, but it sure makes the guy doing it feel all smug and self-righteous, which is the actual point of displays like this.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Silly Burrito posted:

The answer is no. No it does not.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

I would legit pay good money to watch Trump try and throw a football as far as he could. Didn’t he try and throw out a baseball pitch once and couldn’t even get it to the plate?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

No, but it sure makes the guy doing it feel all smug and self-righteous, which is the actual point of displays like this.

There was a guy who used to do this on my college campus eons ago when I was in school. He’d dress up in his Sunday best and preach/scream at kids on weekends. Everyone got sick of him. Some stoners got in trouble for incorporating him into their frisbee golf games and eventually he was chased off campus by a bunch of LARPers who had sword duels staged around the guy’s pulpit to the point where he got annoyed at people speaking to him in-character and stopped showing up.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A man's man, 215 pounds of marbled steel

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kazil posted:

NFL players have gone up to Trump, tears in their eyes, they have never cried before, and they tell Trump "sir, I wish you were the quarterback for my team."

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The Locator posted:

You can make fun of the fact that a "girl" is in reality far more successful than the failed steak salesman that we elected as our President that one time.

She told people to vote! Election interference!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Frank Frank posted:

There was a guy who used to do this on my college campus eons ago when I was in school. He’d dress up in his Sunday best and preach/scream at kids on weekends. Everyone got sick of him. Some stoners got in trouble for incorporating him into their frisbee golf games and eventually he was chased off campus by a bunch of LARPers who had sword duels staged around the guy’s pulpit to the point where he got annoyed at people speaking to him in-character and stopped showing up.

I'm sure every college campus has one. We had one at USF (Florida) that would yell about God hating obstinate women. One day, he decided to insult some woman sitting on her boyfriend's lap, and the boyfriend got up and slugged him.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Frank Frank posted:

he was chased off campus by a bunch of LARPers who had sword duels staged around the guy’s pulpit to the point where he got annoyed at people speaking to him in-character and stopped showing up.

:lol:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Evangelical religions are generally weird. Maybe make a good show of things and let people come to you instead of being a salesperson for a cult?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Frank Frank posted:

Was it this loving prick, Tom Short?

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Frank Frank posted:

Didn’t he try and throw out a baseball pitch once and couldn’t even get it to the plate?

We do know he ran scared after he invited himself and announced he would throw out the first pitch at a Yankees game (even though nobody asked him to), then backtracked and said he wasn't going to after all.

Trump is the first president since WILLIAM HOWARD TAFT to not throw the first pitch at a major league baseball game.

Jimmy Carter's first pitch - in 1995 no less - was loving awesome. Trump would probably faceplant mid swing and wouldn't ever let go of the ball.

Accipiter fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 29, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Accipiter posted:

Jimmy Carter's first pitch - in 1995 no less - was loving awesome. Trump would probably faceplant mid swing and wouldn't ever let go of the ball.

This reminds me that Carter is still alive.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

resident posted:

Was it this loving prick, Tom Short?

I don’t think so. The guy wore one of those hats typically associated with Quakers or Mennonites and wore a solid black suit with a black tie. Real fire and brimstone bullshit. He just showed up one weekend and set up his little podium/pulpit in front of the dining hall and started screaming at no one in particular. People definitely tried to engage him in conversation (mostly to get him to quit yelling) and a lot of people just clowned on him but the most he would do is shift his screaming to vaguely address the people heckling him without ever making eye contact or speaking to anyone directly. Around 4pm, he’d pack up his poo poo and leave but he was there like clockwork from 10-4 on Saturdays and Sundays for the better part of a year.

This was at St. Mary’s in Maryland

E: I also had a fundie Christian housemate my senior year who tried to hold a religious intervention for me (over our standing tequila Tuesday parties) who went on to drown himself on purpose later on. Living with that guy was by far the weirdest experience of my entire life. Nothing like having your finals studies interrupted to be thrown out of your house by police. I wish I could have helped the dude

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 29, 2024

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Winner of best tweet from a MAGA

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Batterypowered7 posted:

I'm sure every college campus has one. We had one at USF (Florida) that would yell about God hating obstinate women. One day, he decided to insult some woman sitting on her boyfriend's lap, and the boyfriend got up and slugged him.

Some of the ones doing the preaching with loudspeakers are scam artists saying inflammatory things in the hopes of getting hit and then sue their attackers after they piss folks off. Happened to someone I know, not a lol.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

Away with thee, vile chud!
Lightning bolt!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Frank Frank posted:

Is a single emote like :hmmyes: ok?

no, frank, i don't think it is

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
Why the DNC doesn’t buy ad time every nfl game to remind folks that Trump is why there isn’t year round football is beyond me.

I mean if Hobby Lobby can constantly buy ad time to talk about Jesus getting us, why can’t we have Trummelop.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Taylor broke MAGA brain

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

PuttyKnife posted:

Why the DNC doesn’t buy ad time every nfl game to remind folks that Trump is why there isn’t year round football is beyond me.

I mean if Hobby Lobby can constantly buy ad time to talk about Jesus getting us, why can’t we have Trummelop.

Even funnier because they are trying to launch the XFL merger that McMahon is bankrolling. Wonder how that’s going to shake out now?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah that'll help you connect with 18-34 voters

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Frank Frank posted:

Even funnier because they are trying to launch the XFL merger that McMahon is bankrolling. Wonder how that’s going to shake out now?

I don't think that's McMahon, the Rock bought that out IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

TulliusCicero posted:

If he's off the primaries in states does that mean Haley gets those for free?

Because that actually helps her quite a bit.

Yo, you might be right about that?

Silly Burrito posted:

I don't think that's McMahon, the Rock bought that out IIRC.

This is correct, McMahon is out and The Rock is in.