Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Grozz Nuy posted:

I was 5 years old the last time the Niners won a Super Bowl but go off

On the other hand, how many NFCCGs have y'all been to in the last 10-11 years? That poo poo ain't zero, and it's twice as many as every other team. I ain't trying to hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Shindragon posted:

WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPERB OWL

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Un loving believable game lol. Go Niners.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Manoueverable posted:

I don't even know why I bother watching sports anymore. It's just misery after misery, it never loving ends.

“Misery after misery” says the poster with the current national champions in his avatar.

E: do not post on minimal sleep.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 29, 2024

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I still can't get over Brock Purdys two massive scrambles

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

King Hong Kong posted:

“Misery after misery” says the poster with the current national champions in his avatar.

can i switch to your timeline

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

King Hong Kong posted:

Might need to check your facts there. In fact that game is exactly why I posted that.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

He escaped that sack like Lamar!!!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Manoueverable posted:

Might need to check your facts there. In fact that game is exactly why I posted that.

Oh man, it just hit me that it was even *Harbaugh* that beat them.

Jfc I'm so sorry, that is absolutely inhumane.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Mustached Demon posted:

Part of their offensive struggles in the 1st half was partly because he wasn't doing that

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

MakaVillian posted:

Part of their offensive struggles in the 1st half was partly because he wasn't doing that

Purdy needs to accept that everyone not named Williams is going to give him zero help.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Coldforge posted:

Oh man, it just hit me that it was even *Harbaugh* that beat them.

Jfc I'm so sorry, that is absolutely inhumane.

I don't give a poo poo that it was Harbaugh, frankly. It's more that Michigan won it and is now completely sanctimonious about it after being caught cheating red-handed. But hey, at least the Lions bothered to show up for the game unlike the Huskies.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Manoueverable posted:

lol I’m an idiot.

e: if it’s any consolation we’ll get destroyed.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 29, 2024

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Manoueverable posted:

I don't give a poo poo that it was Harbaugh, frankly. It's more that Michigan won it and is now completely sanctimonious about it after being caught cheating red-handed. But hey, at least the Lions bothered to show up for the game unlike the Huskies.

Fair enough. Winning it all after cheating does show Michigan ran a real NFL level program, though.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Chris James 2 posted:

There's the score. :fork:

i'm kind of glad i wasn't here for the doomposting in the first half lol

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

On the other hand, how many NFCCGs have y'all been to in the last 10-11 years? That poo poo ain't zero, and it's twice as many as every other team. I ain't trying to hear it.

It's six since 2011, including now three Super Bowls.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Coldforge posted:

They can just have Goff hand off all game at this rate, though. It would be horrific coaching if they don't.

I stand by this doom post. Update: they put it in Goff's hands on 4th down.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Niners should make a godfather offer to Pete Carroll to come DC

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Manoueverable posted:

I don't even know why I bother watching sports anymore. It's just misery after misery, it never loving ends.

That's just living in seattle

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Ugh go chiefs I guess

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

DariusLikewise posted:

Ugh go chiefs I guess

Now now let’s not say anything rash

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

DariusLikewise posted:

Ugh go chiefs I guess

yeah nah

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Niners bb

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

lol go niners

just caught up with the thread and all the people giving up at halftime were very silly because you forgot that random funny poo poo happens in football all the time

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

lol go niners

just caught up with the thread and all the people giving up at halftime were very silly because you forgot that random funny poo poo happens in football all the time

I officially gave up when Detroit *ran* for a 1st down on 3rd and 12. There was no reason for hope.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

there was, in fact, reason for hope
for example, having watched football before

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Also, y'all are fans of a historically great team. You are the "haves". You get the benefit of comebacks in these situations that get chalked up to "having been there before" and other platitudes. The Lions and everyone who rooted for them were the ones with raised hopes with the halftime score, only to get dashed against the team everyone knew would win going into the game.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Leperflesh posted:

lol go niners

Those third and longs brought out the shitposter in me.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

DariusLikewise posted:

Ugh go chiefs I guess

nah, seen enough chiefs super bowls lately

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
The 49ers have great personnel but Kyle Shanahan's 49ers traditionally don't come from behind to win so it's really weird to see it happen twice in a row.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Papercut posted:

I officially gave up when Detroit *ran* for a 1st down on 3rd and 12. There was no reason for hope.

SMDH that the team that could pull that off lost.

Good run Lions, see you next year.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I mean, I'd rather the Chiefs win the Super Bowl so much as I'd rather have a hemorrhoid flare up than pass a kidney stone.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I feel like if Shanahan gets the super bowl win he will mellow out and become a better coach. He's so afraid of losing he makes a lot of unforced errors. But if he finally wins he doesn't need to be afraid any more.

I feel like a similar thing happened with Reid.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I will admit I was not expectin TWO comeback from behind wins from him. I'm hoping he gets that 28-3 monkey off his back in the SB.

Last time we almost had it if Jimmy G didn't over throw Emmanuel Sanders on that 3rd and long.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Manoueverable posted:

Also, y'all are fans of a historically great team. You are the "haves". You get the benefit of comebacks in these situations that get chalked up to "having been there before" and other platitudes. The Lions and everyone who rooted for them were the ones with raised hopes with the halftime score, only to get dashed against the team everyone knew would win going into the game.

We did to the Lions what the Giants did to us in 2011 and I don't like that.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Shindragon posted:

I will admit I was not expectin TWO comeback from behind wins from him. I'm hoping he gets that 28-3 monkey off his back in the SB.

Last time we almost had it if Jimmy G didn't over throw Emmanuel Sanders on that 3rd and long.

Or.....

If the refs call the defensive hold at the end of the 2nd quarter rather than OPI on Kittle for trying to get away from the guy holding him.

Or....

If the refs call the blatant and obvious hold on Bosa right in front of the ref on the 3rd and long broken coverage to Hill.

Or....

If the refs don't call DPI on somebody on Kelce when it wasn't an actual penalty which would have led to a FG rather than a TD

Or...

If the refs called the helmet to helmet on JG

Or...

If the refs called the late hit out of bounds on JG

Yeah, don't blame the refs but there were 5 big calls the refs screwed up that all went KCs way. If any of those are called correctly, there is a good chance the niners win that game. They outplayed then for nearly the entire game and KC was only really in it because of the refs. The next year the refs called all that poo poo and KC lost.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Papercut posted:

Niners should make a godfather offer to Pete Carroll to come DC

I thought you were a niners fan?

Pete sucks at making good defenses.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
can someone teach purdy how to slide please

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I thought you were a niners fan?

Pete sucks at making good defenses.

Pete Carroll's entire career has been based on his work on defense, to the point where he has a coaching tree of defensive guys currently spread around the NFL, one of whom was even so successful as a DC for SF that he got a head coaching job. The idea that Carroll is bad at defense is wild to me, he sure didn't make 2 straight SBs because he's an offensive guru.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

birdstrike posted:

can someone teach purdy how to slide please

He'll have time to figure it out tomorrow while he's in his ice bath.