Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lobok posted:

Which would mean that, much like the Empire, white is dominant?

They're fascists, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh man I just saw the bad batch trailer...VENTRESSSSSS

:bisonyes:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Hairy Ventress!

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
Barista Ventress

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Kesper North posted:

THIS! ...is CNN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc25oAJrKbM

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ventress should have kept the bald look honestly

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Larryb posted:

She's on the lam, this is as close as you can get to a fake mustache.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Larryb posted:

Hard disagree.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I think about this clip a lot.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Kimba joke flew over my head back then.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

kung pow enter the fist does the exact same gag years later :thunk:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vintersorg posted:

The Kimba joke flew over my head back then.

And it wasn't even accurate!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I peaced out of this thread when Ahsoka came out because I decided I wanted to watch all of Rebels first, which I've just accomplished now. Pretty drat great. One thing, not that I want to think for longer than necessary about twilek reproductive biology or whatever but when did Kanan and Hera actually gently caress? For most of the series I was kinda confused as to whether they were a couple or not but towards the end it seemed very much like they'd been keeping a lid on their feelings and then when they finally came out and confessed their love he died, in classic tropey fashion.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
they were always loving

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Yeah they were always loving yes. Hence Kannan's panic at meeting Cham.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgoDwquiwRM&t=153s

They've been loving since before the start of the series lol. A running gag throughout is someone interrupting them when they are about to show any affection towards each other.

But yeah, the relationship change or the relationship being more blatantly foregrounded I've always read as the difference between like

"yeah me and this person are dating, having fun, saving the world it's cool", and "oh wait, no I want to spend the rest of my life with this person"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's a small ship, what else are they gonna do? Zeb was probably in on it too.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Why do you think chopper was so grumpy. He constantly was hearing them gently caress

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Why do you think chopper was so grumpy. He constantly was hearing them gently caress

and couldn't get in on it

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
He's their son.. :whitewater:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

And that's why we comment only on shows we've seen, folks.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
So that first episode of Ahsoka is pretty boring huh

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Oh yeah, it's a slow start. Watch 4 if you can before deciding if you want to continue.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Try not to miss out on episode 5 either unless you are allergic to fan service; it arguably contains the season's best Ahsoka performances and they do not even involve Rosario Dawson.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

MMAgCh posted:

Try not to miss out on episode 5 either unless you are allergic to fan service; it arguably contains the season's best Ahsoka performances and they do not even involve Rosario Dawson.

This, it’s easily the best episode of the series.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1753501371716829233?s=20

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
gently caress, a big loss.

Saw him at Star Wars Celebration and he seemed super psyched about the series and role.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
That loving sucks. He ruled, and always took over in his scenes, from Predator to Happy Gilmore to The Mandalorian. *insert predator handshake*

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Butterfly Valley posted:

The whole show isn’t good. There’s some nostalgia bait which will stimulate the right endorphins but mostly this show doesn’t work.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Butterfly Valley posted:

That'll change soon!

The rest of the episodes are no longer the first episode

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

That’s unfortunate.
Disney is not having much luck with casting are they?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He was on their show for a solid 4 or 5 years, and his story even had a basically satisfying conclusion with him cleaning up the town and going legit, so I think at least his character ended in a good place.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

RIP to a real one.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
No more Karga, just Greef.

drat it :(

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Dave Syndrome posted:

No more Karga, just Greef.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I’ve been watching Andor for the first time. Yes, I am years behind.

It’s a slow burn but I really love the atmosphere and the tone.

I’ve just gotten to the episode (1x7) where the Empire responds to the heist during the native celebration, and invokes the Public Order Resentencing Directive etc.

Things are getting really interesting now.

I’m not really up on the total Star Wars canon, but is Mon Mothma the only character outside of Andor who’s been in other movies/shows?

Palpatine has also been mentioned, but not seen. And I don’t recall even a single mention of Jedi, let alone a sighting.

Kind of a refreshing change, wasn’t it?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

MrMojok posted:

I’ve been watching Andor for the first time. Yes, I am years behind.

It’s a slow burn but I really love the atmosphere and the tone.

I’ve just gotten to the episode (1x7) where the Empire responds to the heist during the native celebration, and invokes the Public Order Resentencing Directive etc.

Things are getting really interesting now.

I’m not really up on the total Star Wars canon, but is Mon Mothma the only character outside of Andor who’s been in other movies/shows?

Palpatine has also been mentioned, but not seen. And I don’t recall even a single mention of Jedi, let alone a sighting.

Kind of a refreshing change, wasn’t it?

There's another character I can think of that's been in a few things, but I can't remember if you've got to them yet by this episode.
The guy with the moustache giving the rundown of the Imperial response to the heist isn't named on screen, but it's Wullf Yularen, an extra from A New Hope who got expanded out into being the head of the ISB, he appeared in Clone Wars and Rebels, plus books and comics, I assume.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

All I can say is enjoy seeing it for the first time. You'll never be able to do that again. Don't read anything else about it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Veotax posted:

There's another character I can think of that's been in a few things, but I can't remember if you've got to them yet by this episode.

If it's who I'm thinking of (Saw Gerrera) he's slightly later in the series. But he's also in the trailers (and has been mentioned already) so it's not a huge surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
There's also Melshi, a real one. But they don't show up til the next ep.