Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Asproigerosis posted:

49ers should really be looking long and hard at moving on from shannahan Wilks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Asproigerosis posted:

49ers should really be looking long and hard at moving on from shannahan

he's not great on gameday and becomes really bad in big games but idk how much better you can do. he's like early career Andy Reid

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Asproigerosis posted:

And the ravens should move on from Harbaugh

And the Steelers from Tomlin

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Asproigerosis posted:

Id trade Harbaugh for him straight up

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Moving on from Shanahan seems like one of those moves you really really regret as a franchise

He would have a job somewhere else like the next day

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
That's one of the nuttiest plays I've ever seen

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

MikeCrotch posted:

Moving on from Shanahan seems like one of those moves you really really regret as a franchise

He would have a job somewhere else like the next day

Yeah, he'd be hired instantly. He's a top 5 coach.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What’s funny is the miners haven’t even lost the game yet

Talk about being reactionary

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Asproigerosis posted:

Heh

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Dibs on Johnson for Seattle’s next HC

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man seriously gently caress 49er fans for that doomposting.

Y'all deserve to lose the Super Bowl.

Like Macdonald, I expect Ben Johnson to be the Commanders' head coach within a week.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kirios posted:

Like Macdonald, I expect Ben Johnson to be the Commanders' head coach within a week.

pretty sure the poster calling for Shanahan to be fired is an Eagles fan :lol:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Nah they were there in the GDT too. I even had to talk a couple off the ledge during half time.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

fartknocker posted:

pretty sure the poster calling for Shanahan to be fired is an Eagles fan :lol:

This. Most actual fans were upset at Wilks for coaching a poo poo defense, and upset at how they were losing, and were absolutely justified for it.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Am I a doomist for thinking that when the Lions lose Ben Johnson to the Commanders, it will expose Dan Campbell?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Am I a doomist for thinking that when the Lions lose Ben Johnson to the Commanders, it will expose Dan Campbell?

Expose him as what? Not every HC has to be a scheme guru, some of them are best at establishing culture and management of the team as a whole.

That's not a bad thing, as long as he does it well. If the team craters after this loss and they collapse next year with constant leaked stories about the locker room and coaches, then yeah, that would do it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
He's been making good coordinator hires this whole time, why do you assume that will change?

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Benne posted:

He's been making good coordinator hires this whole time, why do you assume that will change?

Aaron Glenn is still up for debate, but he moslty seems to be able to recognize and change when it's clear things aren't working (i.e. Ben Johnson over Anthony Lynn)

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Campbell is the one who fired his initial bad OC, took over play calling which dramatically improved the offense and then elevated Johnson. He’s also the one who kept Johnson as a holdover from the previous staff. Like the dude clearly has made some good hiring decisions. I’d trust him to figure it out.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I think it's far more likely that Ben Johnson gets exposed. It was Campbell who helped him come up with the current scheme and elevated him to OC after Anthony Lynn was a disaster.

edit: Exposed as overrated, not bad.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Asproigerosis posted:

lol please never stop being determined to post without having any idea what you're talking about, i would miss it if you did

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Asproigerosis posted:

Hrmm yes let’s move on from a HC that has had his team in the NFC championship 4 of the past 5 years and made it to the Super Bowl 2 of those times.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Hrmm yes let’s move on from a HC that has had his team in the NFC championship 4 of the past 5 years and made it to the Super Bowl 2 of those times.

Least delusional Eagles fan.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

going for the pre-emptive dunk and hinging it on the Lions secondary, ouch

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Kirios posted:

what the gently caress Kiros. i thought we were bros. :(

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

on the one hand, the niners fans have gotten a little silly the last couple weeks, especially that poster who thought they could equate the 49er mild SB drought to the Lions history

on the other hand, Kansas City

go niners

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kirios posted:

You'd doom the world to another year of "nobody believed in us!" Chiefs?

Don't make me say something mean about Stroud

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

The337th posted:

on the one hand, the niners fans have gotten a little silly the last couple weeks, especially that poster who thought they could equate the 49er mild SB drought to the Lions history

on the other hand, Kansas City

go niners

I love a good "decade of spectacular failure" post

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Intruder posted:

I love a good "decade of spectacular failure" post

That post was ahead of it's time, the decade of spectacular failure was yet to come

I also remember the "Lost Season" post by a Pats fan when they were 4-1 to start the year

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kirios posted:

Bruh, I explicitly called dibs

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Febreeze posted:

That post was ahead of it's time, the decade of spectacular failure was yet to come

I also remember the "Lost Season" post by a Pats fan when they were 4-1 to start the year

I love the Pats poster who was taking about a mediocre playoff run as a growth experience. They framed it like a college kid taking a year off to travel Europe but dang it, time to get serious and win super bowls again.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Decade of spectacular failure

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
It's been so long I don't even remember what team that post was about, was it the Giants about the decade where they won two Super Bowls?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grozz Nuy posted:

It's been so long I don't even remember what team that post was about, was it the Giants about the decade where they won two Super Bowls?

Yes. Part of why it’s remembered is the response by a Bills fan (I think Fancy?), and also the post was made during the 2011 season that ended with them winning their second Super Bowl (Similar to how the Patriots “4-1 Lost Season” I think ended with them winning).

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Does anyone have a link to the original lost season post? I thought it was like 2011 or 2013

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Nosre posted:

Does anyone have a link to the original lost season post? I thought it was like 2011 or 2013

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3573906&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=33#post420428365

So yeah, it was 2013, where they went to the AFC Championship game for (At the time) 4th straight year

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

The Unnamed One posted:

Aaron Glenn is still up for debate, but he moslty seems to be able to recognize and change when it's clear things aren't working (i.e. Ben Johnson over Anthony Lynn)

Glenn has been interviewing on the current HC cycle and has been working with a secondary that has no business making it to Championship Sunday. There were definitely weeks this year where Lions fans were grumpy about Glenn but he's a good dude that I think most fans are happy that it looks like he's staying.

There's no way to spin losing Ben Johnson as a positive and it's going to be a test, but Campbell has credit in the bank on his coaching hires. It sounds like the replacement will come from within again so maybe that magic strikes twice..

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Someone made a GOONDOLENCES FOR YOUR LOST SEASON gif that was pretty funny IIRC.

"Decade of spectacular failure" being posted in a season ending in a Super Bowl is hard to top tho.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

fartknocker posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3573906&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=33#post420428365

So yeah, it was 2013, where they went to the AFC Championship game for (At the time) 4th straight year

loving lol

thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Ben Johnson is going to be the perfect coach for the Commanders, lmao. Enjoy dealing with the mental fallout from that Falcons-style collapse!