Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Javid posted:

agreed EXCEPT every move needs to not force the mount to stop moving, let me do strafing dragon breath runs god dammit

There are attacks that allow movement. They're the higher-level ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

2MB posted:

I think the pathfinding AI uses some sort of top down view of the world. Making multi level bases made me realize they simply cannot perceive anything on the first floor if there's any production on the floor above them. Tested by having a ranch under a roof with a berry patch on top, and as soon as I delete the berry patch the pathfinding to the ranch fixes itself.

i'm surprised the path finding is somewhat generous despite the jank. i got stairs in my base going up this cliff, found out if each stair has a wall behind it that just fucks it all up, so the stairs just go off one foundation

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
the other jank i think is just general unreal engine poo poo, especially since the open world nature of it, having to load and unload pals. had one pal who only liked to hit the mining pit and nothing else apart from food and spa, but one time fast travelling in and out it somehow warped across past base boundaries and onto the side of another cliff

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Javid posted:

agreed EXCEPT every move needs to not force the mount to stop moving, let me do strafing dragon breath runs god dammit

Also, a 90% seccess rate for dismounting is most certainly not good enough.

I think it has something to do with slopes, which is weird since if you're a bit higher or even way up you can dismount no problem.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

bullying stairs into cooperating is a manmade horror beyond our comprehension

you wanna see a loving miracle of engineering?

i don't remember how i did most of this.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

pik_d posted:

Why the gently caress do they have sandworm buttholes

Everybody poops

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Kith posted:

bullying stairs into cooperating is a manmade horror beyond our comprehension

you wanna see a loving miracle of engineering?

i don't remember how i did most of this.
You can stack wooden benches into stairs and even spiral stairs.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

god i need to see this jank architecture

i feel like as long as you the player can move up or down surfaces by holding w then pals can navigate too

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

2MB posted:

I think the pathfinding AI uses some sort of top down view of the world. Making multi level bases made me realize they simply cannot perceive anything on the first floor if there's any production on the floor above them. Tested by having a ranch under a roof with a berry patch on top, and as soon as I delete the berry patch the pathfinding to the ranch fixes itself.

Make sure floors are at least 3 walls high to account for larger pals with stairs that have full clearance at both its entrance and exit. You can roof floors as long as they meet the 3 wall height requirement. Make sure there's nothing built underneath the stairs too because it can block their perceived clearance.

S = stairs
O = unroofed
X = roofed

2nd floor
[ O ] [ S^ ] [ O ]
[ X ] [ S ] [ X ]
[ O ] [ Sv ] [ O ]
1st floor

My bedrooms are all on a upper floor and my pals file up/down the stairs properly every day/night cycle

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Scalding Coffee posted:

of course you can.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Booty Pageant posted:

god i need to see this jank architecture

i feel like as long as you the player can move up or down surfaces by holding w then pals can navigate too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LinY9R9pv5I
3:40

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mr Scumbag posted:

Also, a 90% seccess rate for dismounting is most certainly not good enough.

I think it has something to do with slopes, which is weird since if you're a bit higher or even way up you can dismount no problem.

The times I have trouble dismounting are when I'm near anything that can be interacted with. Essentially if there's an item or teleporter or person I can talk to, the long press to dismount doesn't work. Move away and it does. Kinda weird

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So, getting pals to 4-stars with condensing actually gives them +1 to all their job levels. You know, in case anyone really want to grind for that min-max

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Part of me wants to make the ultimate cow now. I've got 3 battle pets nearly to 4 stars. That last 64 hurdle is just goofy with the limited boxes. I finally settled on a 3 gold trait version of a pet I was breeding because I just needed to start making room for new eggs. Partial condensing needs to be added, no reason to make us hoard up to 116 all at once.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

So, getting pals to 4-stars with condensing actually gives them +1 to all their job levels. You know, in case anyone really want to grind for that min-max

That makes the 116 cost a lot more reasonable in retrospect, they just need a larger palbox or let you dump pals into the condenser without have to reach the max each time.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

It's actually baffling you can't partially condense pals considering how many you need and the limited box capacity.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's really a problem when trying to max multiple pals, I've been getting rid of guys I don't think I'll ever use since I can go catch most of em 100% now if need be but I'd prefer to just have 1 of each just in case. They also need more sort options, when I've got 90 dang birds sitting around I want a better way to find the good ones to make new breeding partner or to condense into once traits are battle ideal.

Anyone know how Swift works, I don't think it stacks but does it only apply when pet is out? It occurred to me it's maybe a waste to be breeding Swift onto anyone but my mount since the speed boost isn't as important mid battle.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SettingSun posted:

It's actually baffling you can't partially condense pals considering how many you need and the limited box capacity.

assuming you are a hoarder you would want a male/female pair of every pal and that would exceed the palbox capacity.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I'm up to 2 bases with my persistent online dedicated host, and I logged in today after not having been on for about 12 hours just to check on my deployed pals. In my first base, the pals were all dogpiled around the food bin when I logged in but otherwise okay and dispersed to go do work. All the work I left them with when I logged out was finished. On the second base meanwhile, they were dogpiled again but I had a couple starved / injured / depressed pals... and they were all physically large types. Depression is annoying because as I think this thread's discussed it doesn't loving go away when you throw a pal in the box awhile, and high-end meds are a bitch to make in both resource cost and time to make.

I've read that server reboots will gently caress up deployed pals a bit, probably leading to that dogpile around the feed bin, and my host is scheduled to restart around 3a daily.

So far the cue I'm taking is that if you're going to leave your dudes out awhile while you're offline, it is maybe more ideal to keep the pals small-sized, or at least pack away your fat bois when you're going to be offline a while.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Swift does stack with other movement speed passives but it's the passive that boosts pal personal movement speed and not player. Good for mounts and pals with lots of short range attacks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Egg gambling is so much fun.
Cracked a couple legendary birds/dragons and then got nothing but manta rays and alpacas for hours.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is the electric kitchen considerably faster then the cooking pot?

I need to ramp up cake related ingredients, but just making the things seems so slow at the moment.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Inzombiac posted:

Egg gambling is so much fun.
Cracked a couple legendary birds/dragons and then got nothing but manta rays and alpacas for hours.

I'm pretty sure that the locale where you find the eggs influences what you get (essentially the pals in the region are laying the eggs). So if you want more fancy pals, you have to go egg hunting in more dangerous areas.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They throw in some curve balls. I got a level 4 red gyrados really early on from a random huge fire egg I found in a starterish area. He's incredible for baking and smelting but by far the worst Pal when it comes to getting stuck on things or obsessively trying to spin in a circle at the edge of base boundary.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Yeah, I'm taking a bit of a break from the game until they unfuck the pathfinding and/or let us assign Pal jobs more easily.

Hell, just abstracting everything even more so that Pals that get stuck can respawn themselves instead of dying, starving, or getting afflicted with maladies would be a huge help.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
It seems like you could really fix the pathing issues by just having the pals teleport to where the work station after X ticks of pathing.

Especially since base size is finite there's definitely a maximum amount of time that any given pal could possibly be moving between jobs. If it's been trying to path for an hour it definitely hosed up somehow.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They have an unstuck for players that kills ya and respawns you. Even that for knocking out pals would be faster since they recover very quickly in nice beds.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Drinking the Respec Potion resets your Capture Power you get from Effigies. If nothing else, this has taught me that Capture Power actually matters a whole loving lot because I am keenly feeling its absence, but now I'm stuck in a special hell where I can't actually get my Capture Power levels back because there aren't enough Effigies to fully level twice.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Try using a trainer to set it back to where it was.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Dirk the Average posted:

I'm pretty sure that the locale where you find the eggs influences what you get (essentially the pals in the region are laying the eggs). So if you want more fancy pals, you have to go egg hunting in more dangerous areas.

The egg sizes determine the pool they pull from, it sort of ranks up based on their task power.

ex. Scorching Eggs

Normal
- flambelle
- foxsparks
- kelpsea ignis
- leezpunk ignis
- vanwyyrm
- arsox
- rooby

Large
- Bushi
- Kitsun
- Pyrin
- Pyrin Noct
- Ragnahawk
- Reptyro
- Wixen

Huge
- Suzaku
- Blazehowl Noct.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I tried to swim out to the giant tree last night and it took forever, only to hit an invisible wall like 100 yards from the shoreline >:[

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

pentyne posted:

The egg sizes determine the pool they pull from, it sort of ranks up based on their task power.

ex. Scorching Eggs

Normal
- foxsparks
- rooby

Fixed it for how it feels

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

pik_d posted:

Fixed it for how it feels

I'm 100% sure the hatch probabilities are not equal. I hatched 4 huge dragon eggs to get 3 Relaxaurus and 1 Jormuntide Ignis

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

pentyne posted:

I'm 100% sure the hatch probabilities are not equal. I hatched 4 huge dragon eggs to get 3 Relaxaurus and 1 Jormuntide Ignis

Three Relaxaurus with the Gluttony passive trait, you mean.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Khanstant posted:

Try using a trainer to set it back to where it was.

I have no idea how to do that, and also no idea if it'd work given that the character is on a hosted server.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Kith posted:

I have no idea how to do that, and also no idea if it'd work given that the character is on a hosted server.

It won't :(

That sucks that it doesn't refund the Liffmunks TBH and I'd definitely submit it as a bug report even if that usually feels pointless.

A trainer is something like Cheat Engine or a windows app that does the same functions and generally directly edits the memory of the game to, well, cheat. In a game like this in singleplayer only I think it's almost necessary to keep around because of all the jank. You don't have to turn on god mode but turning off weight for 10 minutes to move a base, giving yourself extra tech points to actually fully explore and enjoy the game, etc. is enough reason to keep it around.

I also got totally jammed in a "you drop all your inventory and items" game in the world and turning on unlimited stamina allowed me to somehow climb and roll my way out of the mountain I'd clipped into.

They don't work in multiplayer anyway and the forums strictly ban talking about it, just for single player.

Griz
May 21, 2001

bus hustler posted:

That sucks that it doesn't refund the Liffmunks TBH and I'd definitely submit it as a bug report even if that usually feels pointless.

that's a known issue, it was mentioned on the login screen on like day 1.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah SOL if playing online unfortunately. Honestly a bit weird to be strict on it in a non-pvp game anyway and if nothing else, should be up to the hosts discretion. The pals take away 90% of the usual things I tweak when running a survival game coop with my buddy since we are not about that clicking rocks and tree life at all.

Main thing I mod for myself in Palworld is turning off durability. I was not having fun with that system and it felt poorly/brokenly tuned. I don't even care about the armor/hp but the "armor is damaged" was annoying. That and turning off weight when I'm in base because it's ridiculous to be half an inch from a chest and unable to dump 200 ignots or whatever in it. Turn weight back on for adventuring since it's part of the gameplay and reminds you to never be harvesting resources manually.

bus hustler posted:

It's a known bug, in the news screen you have to click past to play but it really should be a big red text warning until they do fix it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

pik_d posted:

Three Relaxaurus with the Gluttony passive trait, you mean.

Some Pals have mandatory traits. Cattivas always being cowards is another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

5er posted:

I'm up to 2 bases with my persistent online dedicated host, and I logged in today after not having been on for about 12 hours just to check on my deployed pals. In my first base, the pals were all dogpiled around the food bin when I logged in but otherwise okay and dispersed to go do work. All the work I left them with when I logged out was finished. On the second base meanwhile, they were dogpiled again but I had a couple starved / injured / depressed pals... and they were all physically large types. Depression is annoying because as I think this thread's discussed it doesn't loving go away when you throw a pal in the box awhile, and high-end meds are a bitch to make in both resource cost and time to make.

I've read that server reboots will gently caress up deployed pals a bit, probably leading to that dogpile around the feed bin, and my host is scheduled to restart around 3a daily.

So far the cue I'm taking is that if you're going to leave your dudes out awhile while you're offline, it is maybe more ideal to keep the pals small-sized, or at least pack away your fat bois when you're going to be offline a while.

make nails. buy meds from the small settlement merchant high end meds are 3k a dose, thats 20 nails, or 10 ingots