Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah, also, the victim didn't cooperate with the police(probably the right decision for any number of reasons for that person) to even hope to have a case built.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Wasn't he also hanging out with the family?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

yeah one of the videos is giddey telling the girl's older brother how awesome she is (gross)

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
It's also really hard to keep being riled up against someone based 100% off twitter rumors, which is like maybe the worst way to try something like that.

Dexo posted:

Not to like say he's not a bit of a creepy weirdo, or anything, as it does seem like he loves to hang around colleges even now as a ~21 year old,

I mean, isn't it natural for a 20-21 year old to hang around colleges? That seems age appropriate. I think we forget sometimes how young these guys are. I don't think they particularly want to do wine tastings with Melo and Lebron.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s not twitter rumors dumbassed filmed himself talking about it

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
:shepicide:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Paul Zuvella posted:

The issue is that it’s not like Dejonte Murray is some world beater, it’s a fairly small upgrade and if dlo is playing his rear end off it might even be lateral. The lakers get to do one trade so you probably want it to matter

Yeah, the Dejounte move really closes them off to potential summer trades. They still don’t quite have the assets to pull a superstar but they are a lot closer.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Dejounte murray not being a good defender really pulls down his upside. When it was 20+ ppg scoring guard who can run point and defend well, that was cool. But now he's just one of several

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Dejan Bimble posted:

When it was 20+ ppg scoring guard who can run point and defend well, that was cool.

I don't think he ever did all of those things at the same time. I think his increase in touches sapped his willingness to put effort into defense.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

I don't think he ever did all of those things at the same time. I think his increase in touches sapped his willingness to put effort into defense.

Yeah you're right, the projection of him became the public image even though that never existed

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lockback posted:

It's also really hard to keep being riled up against someone based 100% off twitter rumors, which is like maybe the worst way to try something like that.

I mean, isn't it natural for a 20-21 year old to hang around colleges? That seems age appropriate. I think we forget sometimes how young these guys are. I don't think they particularly want to do wine tastings with Melo and Lebron.

yeah it would be weird for an old man like lebron to hang out with a child like wemby

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i mean, would you spend your free time hanging out with the recent grad interns? no

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Dejounte peaked as a defender prior to that ACL injury. Was mostly ok-to-good after until he was given control of the offense in 2021-22 with DeRozan leaving and the on-ball defense dipped.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Like why joke about how he doesn't like being called slob wizard anymore, it's not funny or cute like it was a year ago. Hah hah, Karl Malone was so quirky!!!

Not caring about what the human beings who play professional basketball do is so loving weird.

Most people do not equate a 19 year old hooking up with a girl 2-3 years younger once or twice who snuck into an adult only space with pedophilia. If there was a pattern of this happening more than once or more evidence of predatory action people would feel differently.

Unfortunately the girl has had their life ruined on the internet due to harassment and that’s a drat shame.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m glad we are doing the giddy redemption tour here instead of letting ESPN do it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m glad we are doing the giddy redemption tour here instead of letting ESPN do it

me too

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lot of goons have those Romeo and Juliet laws locked and loaded, after years of practice and waiting

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Actually its called Epheballphilia

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Truly pathetic game by the suns tonight. Booker needs to find a middle ground between Only Person Shooting and deferring so hard to Durant. It would help if anybody would shoot some threes, I know Orlando is mostly taller dudes with long arms or whatever but poo poo.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Lol

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
He paid her off. Allegedly, of course, per blind gossip

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

glad to see julian phillips get some run, i think he might actually be a rotation guy next year if he gets stronger and can shoot even a little
https://x.com/NBCSBulls/status/1751793962598162545?s=20

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 29, 2024

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Phillips flashing potential early is cool and I'm going to pretend he was a first round pick and Dalen Terry was the second rounder we took a flier on

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

xbilkis posted:

Phillips flashing potential early is cool and I'm going to pretend he was a first round pick and Dalen Terry was the second rounder we took a flier on

Dalen's been ok this season, it's just that the bulls keep drafting toolsy guys who have no idea how to play basketball and then are shocked when they are all over the place. Dalen showed this year he is at least an NBA player. Still not good enough to be more than a 11th or 12th guy, but he's not a total bust if he's given time to learn how to actually play ball and not panic. Great vibes guy. Phillips seems like he is less scared and may be a playable defensive wing by next season.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1751703886035861803

lmao Lebron watching that shot go up

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
If the Lakers are going to make a move for an Atlanta player they should go after Bodganovic. If you're keeping Reeves then he'd fit better than Murray, between Lebron and Reeves you have enough ball handling down the stretch and the Lakers desperately need anyone taller than 6'4" who can make a jump shot.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

The Glumslinger posted:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Not sure why the Lakers would bother making any trades - they ain’t making it out of the west.

Did you see what the Clippers just did to Boston? They humiliated them. On the second night of a b2b against a well-rested Boston team playing at home.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Red Rox posted:

Not sure why the Lakers would bother making any trades - they ain’t making it out of the west.

Did you see what the Clippers just did to Boston? They humiliated them. On the second night of a b2b against a well-rested Boston team playing at home.

heres a hot take: sometimes teams want to improve and get better even if its not a guaranteed finals win

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Dejan Bimble posted:

Dlo is one of the streakiest starters I can think of in recent memory. I wonder if he has a bad circadian rhythm or something

He has a cicadian rhythm. He spends 99% of his time in the dirt and then emerges, periodically and briefly, to make a lot of noise.

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007
Also the Clippers famously never disappoint in the playoffs. The Lakers should obviously just pack things up now

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Did Pop ever decide to stop doing the Point Sochan experiment?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Panzeh posted:

Did Pop ever decide to stop doing the Point Sochan experiment?

mercifully, yes.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/JerryEngelmann/status/1751794433153179776

whenever somebody makes one of these, I always sort to find the worst players, as a sanity check on the model, and yup checks out.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
"Dickey Simpkins" is what those "Just chatting" Twitch streamers call their fans behind their backs.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Byron Mullens was a victim of history

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

tanglewood1420 posted:

If the Lakers are going to make a move for an Atlanta player they should go after Bodganovic. If you're keeping Reeves then he'd fit better than Murray, between Lebron and Reeves you have enough ball handling down the stretch and the Lakers desperately need anyone taller than 6'4" who can make a jump shot.

Lebron and Reeves (assuming you're trading away Dlo) is not nearly enough ball handling/play making.

fuckplaneoq
May 27, 2004

from the rough we get par
Soiled Meat

morestuff posted:

Byron Mullens was a victim of history

My brain always has Byron Mullens being played by Richard Kiel. Happy Gilmore era

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

dokmo posted:

whenever somebody makes one of these, I always sort to find the worst players, as a sanity check on the model, and yup checks out.

How dare this model suggest that Irish legend Pat Burke had the worst offense in modern NBA history. Ronny Turiaf was helpless against that kind of firepower!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Lakers should trade for Trae young