Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

adam vs everything does runs where the scenarios are edited to make all his pawns roll industrious tough super immune (at least on every one that i clicked on) and idk that hella undermines the max difficulty. i get why he does it, but it just kills his stuff for me
I think he only did that for the no-walls challenge. Theoretically they were still pawns he could have rolled. He was really min-maxing the starting pawns under the assumption that the challenge was probably impossible anyway.

He definitely doesn't do it most times. If he's doing a challenge scenario he might tweak things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Most of my base is throwing the rager of the century in our bar so nobody was nearby when an arctic coyote started going for Novella, one of our Persian Cats, and I feared the worst. I had someone vaguely sober sprinting over as fast as possible but uh... turned out it wasn't really necessary. Novella had apparently gained a lot of melee skill since the last time she tangled with the local wildlife.

Not only that she managed to stay conscious long enough to stumble into the hospital and collapse into a pet med bed. Doesn't really matter that the defenses are currently unmanned because the human colonists are all getting smashed and putting each other in the hospital with constant bar fights, we've got this cat.

Also lol at just how much barfing is going on. Whole base is gonna be hungover as gently caress for the next day or two. they have +6 from a banger feast though so once the hangovers wear off they're all gonna be remembering how great it was for like two weeks.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Complications posted:

Slap down a few latrines in individual cubbies (1 for every two or three or so pawns is fine), a few wash tubs in other cubbies (likewise), a well, and designate a rubbish zone for waste a good distance away from the well. None of this needs to be heated. This will tide you over until you can afford to build some proper plumbing. Dubs is super easy.

Weirdly the wash tubs don't actually need privacy - they act like sinks. Colonists don't like public making GBS threads but they'll happily spongebath themselves in the main dining room.

There is a burn pit piece of furniture that should be placed a bit away from the colony; this can be used to dispose of the sewage (dumping stockpiles do not hold it by default and it needs to be toggled on) and also as a crude corpse incinerator if fuelled

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

If you got a river you can just put the dumping stockpile in it then kick the bins over, the current will carry it away

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Wtf don't listen to these people, hoard your poo poo and then convert it to biofuel or fertilizer.

Kick it over in the river, my God man.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Kris xK posted:

Wtf don't listen to these people, hoard your poo poo and then convert it to biofuel or fertilizer.

Kick it over in the river, my God man.

It's extremely Rimworld that the poop from Hygiene is incredibly valuable and shouldn't be wasted because it has multiple uses. If you have Rimefeller you can just convert it straight to shitloads of chemfuel.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Oh yeah absolutely hang on to your barrels of poo poo. Years from now you'll be able to convert it into like ten times more chemfuel than you probably should, it fully rules. Even with gas-hog vehicles I was swimming in the stuff before I even got a Rimefeller refinery set up.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
I've been wondering for a couple days now why my hard drive seemed to be getting filled up, a few gigabytes a day that I couldn't account for. I finally ran Wiztree and discovered that it was the Rimworld log file, which had ballooned to over 7GB. After nearly choking Notepad++ to death, I discovered what had caused the log to go insane: one of my Raptor Shrimp had somehow, for some reason, equipped a Shield Belt. The game did not like this, and it was filling the log with errors essentially screaming that SHRIMP MUST NOT WEAR BELT every tick, forever.

Edit: Update, taking away the shrimp's belt somehow caused every animal, robot, and vehicle to be added to the colonist list, which caused a cascade of errors that turned off all work assignments and left the entire colony wandering idle. I may have to murder this shrimp.

Kestral fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jan 29, 2024

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

Oh yeah absolutely hang on to your barrels of poo poo. Years from now you'll be able to convert it into like ten times more chemfuel than you probably should, it fully rules. Even with gas-hog vehicles I was swimming in the stuff before I even got a Rimefeller refinery set up.

Yeah, I love Dubs Hygiene, but the "poo poo-to-chemfuel" conversion ratio is a bit too generous. If you have a big colony, you can cover all of your chemfuel needs just by releasing and converting the contents of your septic tanks.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

do not hoard the barrels of sewage. use them. you can always get more, especially if you turn it on for livestock and get a big ranch going

and don't kick over barrels in a river. kick them over in your prison, to help converting the miserable occupants.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Eh, it's not really "hoarding". They don't take up much room, so you can just throw them in a corner somewhere and let them accumulate until you can spend it on something actually worthwhile.

The normal poop-to-chemfuel rate is way too generous as it is, so if you turn on livestock poop I imagine a ranch produces more chemfuel than a Rimfeller refinery.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
This loving game

First 7-year-old Butch gets killed by a bear

Then 10-year-old Anita gets torn apart by a Warg while out naturerunning

Both wanderer children who joined less than a week ago

Han is happy because "my rival Butch died" and "my rival Anita died"

And then the loving warg self-tames

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

good dog

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Starring Macauley Culkin as Han

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?

Tankbuster posted:

mr samuel streamer puts the story generation in rimworld.

The story is often "man drives himself insane modding it until 1x speed is the fastest it'll go and then committing to making a video every day"

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Tesla was right posted:

The story is often "man drives himself insane modding it until 1x speed is the fastest it'll go and then committing to making a video every day"

Just slap another performance mod in, that'll fix it.

I say as I have a mechanitor save with 30 bots and the dumbass and 777 mods. still hanging on at 255 tps, usually

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
It's a good thing there's no second-hand smoke as my hospital has become my colonists weed-smoking room.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Kanos posted:

It's extremely Rimworld that the poop from Hygiene is incredibly valuable and shouldn't be wasted because it has multiple uses. If you have Rimefeller you can just convert it straight to shitloads of chemfuel.

Wait, you rubes actually throw out all your valuable poo poo? Heh, next you're going to tell me you flush down all your precious pee instead of storing it in piss jars stacked up to the ceiling of your apartment :rolleyes:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I did a no reroll run this time and got two Pyros. Last time one of mine decided to have an episode I arrested him and immediately released him and it worked.

I was worried that he would just leave the colony when I released him, is that something that can happen?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Jelly posted:

I did a no reroll run this time and got two Pyros. Last time one of mine decided to have an episode I arrested him and immediately released him and it worked.

I was worried that he would just leave the colony when I released him, is that something that can happen?

No if you release a prisoner they return to their faction, which is always going to be you if they were a full non-slave colonist before being arrested. You will inflict a “was imprisoned” mood debuff on the guy though.

If you’re running biotech you can negate the pyromaniac trait by giving the pawn the pyrophobia gene.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Kestral posted:

I've been wondering for a couple days now why my hard drive seemed to be getting filled up, a few gigabytes a day that I couldn't account for. I finally ran Wiztree and discovered that it was the Rimworld log file, which had ballooned to over 7GB. After nearly choking Notepad++ to death, I discovered what had caused the log to go insane: one of my Raptor Shrimp had somehow, for some reason, equipped a Shield Belt. The game did not like this, and it was filling the log with errors essentially screaming that SHRIMP MUST NOT WEAR BELT every tick, forever.

Edit: Update, taking away the shrimp's belt somehow caused every animal, robot, and vehicle to be added to the colonist list, which caused a cascade of errors that turned off all work assignments and left the entire colony wandering idle. I may have to murder this shrimp.

Rimworld was heavily inspired by Dwarf Fortress, so this is just reflecting those roots.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Rimworld but in the Cars and Humans and Animals universe all at once sounds intense.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Load-bearing shrimp belt

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
You telling me a shrimp fried this save?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Mzbundifund posted:

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
New naked brutality run. Georgy starts off near a cave and gets set up fairly decently fairly quickly.

A 4 year-old begs to join the colony. Well, he'll clean and haul so sure. I don't even look at him, just tell him to get to work.

Later that night I get raided, just me and the kid. I have a shooting of 3 and the raider hunkering down behind a rock and me being behind an embrasure means we shoot at each other a LOT. No one gets hit. The firefight goes for like 60 seconds and then I call the kid whose name, by the way, is Fabio.

Now Fabio has a machine pistol he got off a dead trader, and his bedroom is about fifty feet from the firing line and he was fast asleep. So he gets out of bed, staggers up to the firing line, fires one burst, and takes the dude's head off his shoulders.

Turns out, Fabio is a Hussar.

The next person to show up is a 5 year-old Yttakin and then a 3 year-old Drakonori. We got a base with one normal adult, a child supersoldier, a Wookie, and a dragonwyrm girl.

This... this is a weird colony. Georgy and the Kids!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Mzbundifund posted:

:golfclap:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Mzbundifund posted:

:popeye:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

RimWorld: You telling me a shrimp fried this save?

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Weirdly the wash tubs don't actually need privacy - they act like sinks. Colonists don't like public making GBS threads but they'll happily spongebath themselves in the main dining room.

There is a burn pit piece of furniture that should be placed a bit away from the colony; this can be used to dispose of the sewage (dumping stockpiles do not hold it by default and it needs to be toggled on) and also as a crude corpse incinerator if fuelled

Washtubs are a hit to cleanliness and need to be refilled now and again; a primitive water well functions as a place to wash, get water, never runs out, and doesn't impact cleanliness. Just may be limited in location due to water sources.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

The Narrator posted:

This loving game

First 7-year-old Butch gets killed by a bear

Then 10-year-old Anita gets torn apart by a Warg while out naturerunning

Both wanderer children who joined less than a week ago

Han is happy because "my rival Butch died" and "my rival Anita died"

And then the loving warg self-tames

This is the opposite of feeding cats to coyotes tweet. The coyote (warg) learned to join the colony to eat cats (kids) for free.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I had some visitors who's kids loved skywatching specifically at the far end of the map, then one time a hundred manhunting gorillas came and turned the kid into a ten meter long red smear on the ground, and I was laughing so hard that I forgot to close the gate

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Put an autobong in your hospital so people can get hotboxed to death

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Is there still a mod for animal bionics?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
"A Dog Said" is still being updated/maintained and still the best option, as far as I am aware.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
There's also xenobionic patcher that'll let you implant human bionics in animals and vice versa

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

A Dog Said… is what I used to chrome out a triceratops and give her a lightning cannon

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

LonsomeSon posted:

A Dog Said… is what I used to chrome out a triceratops and give her a lightning cannon

Dino-Riders was so cool.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
I took the load-bearing shrimp’s shield belt away, but gave her a quad-tesla cannon spinal mount. It has a blast radius. She’s on babysitting duty. Surely nothing bad can happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Kestral posted:

I took the load-bearing shrimp’s shield belt away, but gave her a quad-tesla cannon spinal mount. It has a blast radius. She’s on babysitting duty. Surely nothing bad can happen.

You're telling me a shrimp fried this Einstein?