Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyPitbull
Dec 10, 2005
Awww....look how OHMYGODMYHAND!
Started up in Ironwood RPG as ChubbyPitbull, which guild is the goon guild? Thought someone earlier in the thread mentioned GOONS but now I can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

ChubbyPitbull posted:

Started up in Ironwood RPG as ChubbyPitbull, which guild is the goon guild? Thought someone earlier in the thread mentioned GOONS but now I can't find it.

If only shows up in the list when it's not full. There's plenty of inactives so would assume a spot will be open soon.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

ChubbyPitbull posted:

Kicked a couple of inactive people, you should be able to apply now.

ChubbyPitbull
Dec 10, 2005
Awww....look how OHMYGODMYHAND!

Ham Equity posted:

Kicked a couple of inactive people, you should be able to apply now.

Thanks, applied as ChubbyPitbull!

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Found this on Steam today, any thoughts? https://store.steampowered.com/app/2207490/Factory_Town_Idle/

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I didn't really love what I played of it but I only played an early demo I think. I really enjoy Factory Town because it's fun factorio style production chains and whatnot but to me personally it didn't translate that same sense of satisfaction to an idler. Cheap and goon made though so might be worth a try now that it's in 1.0.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I bought it because I liked the game it is based off of, and it's fun enough. It is exactly what it appears to be, a flat UI with bars going up and down, but balancing things out is pretty fun if you are into that.

There should be a demo, at least there was one when I bought it at release.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It is a very active idler. I went up to developing river lands and establishing surplus trading. Could very well be Melvor tier.

But Imma be real I ain't log onto Melvor for like 10 days now. Gonna let that idle on regular logs till I get that cool 1,000,000 birds nests.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

KirbyKhan posted:

It is a very active idler. I went up to developing river lands and establishing surplus trading. Could very well be Melvor tier.

But Imma be real I ain't log onto Melvor for like 10 days now. Gonna let that idle on regular logs till I get that cool 1,000,000 birds nests.

You might want to know that it only calculates 24h of offline time then.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Jhet posted:

There's a mod that changes this, I think you'd need to have installed it before the long sleep though. Could try installing it from the main menu though!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Jhet posted:

Oh I modded that out

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Crell posted:

I beat ironwood I guess

I noticed you were super close a few days ago. Congrats on front page of the high scores

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

KirbyKhan posted:

Oh I modded that out

Well okay then.

I think I'd only want that for when I go on vacation, but the phone version works fine and I don't really go out of service range. I have not found any mods that I'd really desire though. There are a couple QoL ones that would be okay, but I think they'd keep me from ever doing what I want to be doing and just distract me.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I keep getting ads for “Nobody’s Adventure Chop-Chop” - has anyone played it? Google just returns a bunch of garbage with some positive mentions sprinkled around but I can’t tell if they’re legitimate or not.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Aerox posted:

I keep getting ads for “Nobody’s Adventure Chop-Chop” - has anyone played it? Google just returns a bunch of garbage with some positive mentions sprinkled around but I can’t tell if they’re legitimate or not.

It's a nothing burger. Click a thing and get loot, choose to equip it if it's better! Then a bunch of other systems tacked on I guess? I mean if you want a dozen ways to make number go up it's probably fine but it didn't feel engaging at all.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

SynthesisAlpha posted:

It's a nothing burger. Click a thing and get loot, choose to equip it if it's better! Then a bunch of other systems tacked on I guess? I mean if you want a dozen ways to make number go up it's probably fine but it didn't feel engaging at all.

Sounds like a pass -- thanks!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I sent a request to GOONS clan in ironwoodrpg as "catnip".

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Salt Fish posted:

I sent a request to GOONS clan in ironwoodrpg as "catnip".
My internet is down, so I hope you can all appreciate my dedication to GOONS in that I'm hotspotting to let someone into the guild and start the Combat Event.

Also, we now have a Combat Event on in Ironwood.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I've started playing Farmers Versus Potatoes Idle after seeing it in the thread, it has the worst UI in the world but it's kind of neat. However, I'm not really clear on how reincarnation works. I get that there are levels and points and such, but how do the other classes that you can pick play into it? If you spread out the class levels do you get more reincarnation XP?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

As I understand it you get global talent points every 100 levels per class, so spreading out the levels evenly (or close to it) means you're getting more talent points to spend to speed up subsequent runs than you would if you just stayed on one run for 2 days or something.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

explosivo posted:

As I understand it you get global talent points every 100 levels per class, so spreading out the levels evenly (or close to it) means you're getting more talent points to spend to speed up subsequent runs than you would if you just stayed on one run for 2 days or something.

Yes, the purpose for the other classes are running their class-specific challenges, and earning Talent Points for all the other classes to use. Eventually, you will get automatic progress in challenges and have high enough class levels that you only need a single class' worth of progress to max out your talent board, at which point you just run Freeloader 24/7, because it is the best class.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I hadn't considered being able to buy all of the upgrades before now... Man that's gonna be sweet.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Klungar posted:

Yes, the purpose for the other classes are running their class-specific challenges, and earning Talent Points for all the other classes to use. Eventually, you will get automatic progress in challenges and have high enough class levels that you only need a single class' worth of progress to max out your talent board, at which point you just run Freeloader 24/7, because it is the best class.

Okay, so it's not "spread out levels to all classes", it's "get the good points and them move over to the next one". Thanks

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
FAPI: Anyone have issues with the game randomly crashing if left running too long? I have a few times come back from it idling overnight to find it closed.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Toshimo posted:

FAPI: Anyone have issues with the game randomly crashing if left running too long? I have a few times come back from it idling overnight to find it closed.

Is it possible that Steam is shutting it down to apply a Patch? I play primarily on iOS, but I know the game generally doesn't let you launch it if it isn't on the latest version.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Okay, so it's not "spread out levels to all classes", it's "get the good points and them move over to the next one". Thanks

At the stage of the game you are on, you probably are ok still primarily running Freeloader, and then routinely cycling through the other classes to harvest another batch of levels/talent points/challenge progress.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Klungar posted:

Is it possible that Steam is shutting it down to apply a Patch? I play primarily on iOS, but I know the game generally doesn't let you launch it if it isn't on the latest version.

NGU keeps running so I doubt it.

Or do you mean a patch to this game? If so, that's a terrible way to handleit.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Toshimo posted:

I havent personally had that happen and I've left the game running for multiple days straight before.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Yeah. It's just crashing.

Faulting application name: Farmer Against Potatoes Idle.exe, version: 2021.3.18.10726, time stamp: 0x63d0cb4f
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2021.3.18.10726, time stamp: 0x63d0cc50
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x00b32a5a
Faulting process id: 0x8144
Faulting application start time: 0x01da4bf659abb07b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Farmer Against Potatoes Idle\Farmer Against Potatoes Idle.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Farmer Against Potatoes Idle\UnityPlayer.dll
Report Id: ee8d6032-fc56-4488-bf55-7dc932cadb15
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

BigHead posted:

I've pitched Factory Town Idle in this thread before. I really like that game. It's so relaxing, and you can automate as much of it as you want if you want a hands-off or hands-on experience.

In fact I'm playing it right this exact second while I do a boring writing task for work.

BigHead fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 26, 2024

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Toshimo posted:

Yeah. It's just crashing.

Faulting application name: Farmer Against Potatoes Idle.exe, version: 2021.3.18.10726, time stamp: 0x63d0cb4f
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2021.3.18.10726, time stamp: 0x63d0cc50
Fault offset: 0x00b32a5a
Faulting process id: 0x8144
Faulting application start time: 0x01da4bf659abb07b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Farmer Against Potatoes Idle\Farmer Against Potatoes Idle.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Farmer Against Potatoes Idle\UnityPlayer.dll
Report Id: ee8d6032-fc56-4488-bf55-7dc932cadb15
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This is an error with your video driver usually try reinstalling it.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Gooboo: In horde mode one of the enemy modifiers is 'incorporeal' which doesn't seem to make the enemy tougher, it just makes them drop basically no bones.

Is there anyway to counter this? Am I supposed to just never farm floors with that modifier and just deal with lower level floors instead? Or just farm longer and live with it?

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Agent355 posted:

Gooboo: In horde mode one of the enemy modifiers is 'incorporeal' which doesn't seem to make the enemy tougher, it just makes them drop basically no bones.

Is there anyway to counter this? Am I supposed to just never farm floors with that modifier and just deal with lower level floors instead? Or just farm longer and live with it?

Just don't farm that floor, I think. Haven't seen anything to counter it yet.

Man, the dev seems to be done with gooboo, no update in forever.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Baddog posted:

No he said years so he has to. I'll be so pissed

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Baddog posted:

not a patron, but looks like there was a patreon update at the start of january about ongoing work on the gallery, so i don't think it's dead yet.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Gathering event is on in Ironwood.

We've knocked out like three buildings over the last couple of weeks, so now we're bottlenecked by Guild Credits, which we get for doing quests. So, we should try to get all the quests done every day, even if they're a pain in the rear end.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Baddog posted:

For what its worth, bone farming in the end game (L100+) is primarily done through multiple items' clicky effects so the actual loot is pretty negligible.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I'm playing Melvor Idle right now, but does anyone have any other recommendation for good idle RPG games for mobile? I don't mind paying to play so long as it is good. I adored Magical Research but I beat it so now it's over.

I'm kind of falling off of IFVP, it just doesn't really grab me visually or gameplay wise.

I see people talking about Ironwood here but it kind of seems like another version of Melvor, is that inaccurate?

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 29, 2024

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm playing Melvor Idle right now, but does anyone have any other recommendation for good idle RPG games for mobile? I don't mind paying to play so long as it is good. I adored Magical Research but I beat it so now it's over.

I'm kind of falling off of IFVP, it just doesn't really grab me visually or gameplay wise.

I see people talking about Ironwood here but it kind of seems like another version of Melvor, is that inaccurate?

Yes, Ironwood is another Melvor, bit more basic and all modding capabilities denied due to multiplayer component. I never played Melvor on mobile, but it seemed like the best implementation of cross play I've ever seen.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

FAPI has been great for crossplay between PC/Android versions, dead simple compared to Melvor and I'm less scared about overwriting stuff. That probably stretches your definition of an RPG though. Also the game certainly has an acquired taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

explosivo posted:

FAPI has been great for crossplay between PC/Android versions, dead simple compared to Melvor and I'm less scared about overwriting stuff. That probably stretches your definition of an RPG though. Also the game certainly has an acquired taste.

Sorry, I got the acronym wrong, FAPI is the one that I wasn't super into. It's fine but I think I'm not into the visual style of it, and I don't find the "collect 10 quadrillion items" cookie clicker-scale games as fun.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 29, 2024