Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Nice romantic afternoon picnic of salmon, sardines, and onion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I brought garlic durian for dessert :love:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Thought that poo poo was a candied shrimp for a hot second

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Captain Hygiene posted:

Who's up for a good old prune & bologna
I made Variation Five.

Spread ready to go.

Finished sandwich.

It's not good at all. I was hoping it would turn out to be something along the lines of a weird PB&J, but I suspect the ingredient proportions hosed things up before there was a chance. It's a very dense cream-cheese-wich with occasional unpleasant surprises in texture. None of the individual flavors come through in the least and it mostly feels like a bad joke. I seriously hope nobody was being served these back when.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Yeah, that's a real slab of filling there. That's the one I would've picked to try too, I'm glad you took the bullet instead 🫡

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Captain Hygiene posted:

Always love a good X sandwich recipe that boils down to "put X on bread; eat"

wish i had been born in 1910 so i could capitalize on my depression meals

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

cash crab posted:

wish i had been born in 1910 so i could capitalize on my depression meals

peanut butter... hot sauce.... and "takis"... in a... what's this? a tor-til-uh? this is the gibbering of a madman!

uber_stoat has a new favorite as of 03:45 on Jan 29, 2024

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Haifisch posted:

You have to cut the bread...in half? :aaaaa:

A recipe from the two packs a day era.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Zero_Grade posted:

I made Variation Five.

Spread ready to go.

The start of the description makes it sound like a German meat salad. I don't like it, but it is fairly popular. And your picture resembles one enough that I assume the recipe stated there:

Description:
Fleischsalat auf Graubrot mit saurer Gurke (industriell hergestellter Delikatessfleischsalat, Fleischwurstanteil 40 %, weitere Zutaten: Mayonnaise, Gurke)
Meatsalad on grey bread with sour cucumber (industrially manufactured Delikatessfleischsalat, Meatsausagecontent 40 %, other ingredients: Mayonnaise, Cucumber)
Meatsausage is essentially Bologna.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sounds kinda like poo poo on a shingle

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's effectively a hotdog and mayonnaise slurry

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Not much of a salad but it's perfectly edible.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I suppose technically all it needs in order to be a salad is salt

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Wurstsalat/salade alsacienne can be delicious, but it does tend to look pretty awful.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Large parts of Europe have a similar thing called 'russian salad'. It's bad. Usually potato, peas, pickles, chopped sausage or chicken, mayonnaise. Individually all of those things are fine but I just don't like the gloopy mess of their combination.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Butterfly Valley posted:

Large parts of Europe have a similar thing called 'russian salad'. It's bad. Usually potato, peas, pickles, chopped sausage or chicken, mayonnaise. Individually all of those things are fine but I just don't like the gloopy mess of their combination.

You need to have a certain tolerance of mayo-based salads to enjoy it, yes. Also, hold the meat and you get sałatka jarzynowa.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
People who enjoy Fleischsalat also eat Kartoffelsalat with Mayo.

Just utterly reprehensible people.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I'm getting hungry here

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

Butterfly Valley posted:

It's a sometimes food and a decent side dish for a bbq. Now лютеница със боб on the other hand I can just shovel straight into my mouth.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

axolotl farmer posted:

A recipe from the two packs a day era.

Sure you've got smoked fish, cheese, and tomatoes, but where's the umami coming from?

*drags off unfiltered Lucky Strike*

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

VictualSquid posted:

Description:
Fleischsalat auf Graubrot mit saurer Gurke (industriell hergestellter Delikatessfleischsalat, Fleischwurstanteil 40 %, weitere Zutaten: Mayonnaise, Gurke)
Meatsalad on grey bread with sour cucumber (industrially manufactured Delikatessfleischsalat, Meatsausagecontent 40 %, other ingredients: Mayonnaise, Cucumber)
Meatsausage is essentially Bologna.
Makes me wonder if someone who had never had either decided cream cheese was an acceptable substitute for mayo.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

It would make it a little less wet and more spreadable, anyway.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Took a picture of the salad section of the supermarket here. The meat salad with mayonese is under the glare spot. The salad in the bottom right with the hard to see sign is Oxmouthsalad made from real oxmouths. The sausage salad with cheese is the kind of stuff I like, though I prefer to make my own.

VictualSquid has a new favorite as of 18:19 on Jan 29, 2024

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Oh you can call any old bullshit a salad apparently

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
So German immigration into the US Midwest is responsible for their questionable concepts of salad too I guess?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Sounds like a Jewish expression you'd say in exasperation upon hearing that a s'more + oyster exists.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Antigravitas posted:

People who enjoy Fleischsalat also eat Kartoffelsalat with Mayo.

Just utterly reprehensible people.

:blush:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's not bad. it's really not that bad. it could be worse! it won't kill you, probably. i jest. look, i know a guy, he- enteric myiasis, ever heard of that? worst case they ever saw. they had to take out his intestines. yeah, all of 'em. absolutely infested. but we run a clean shop here. now eat up. SALUD!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Man, now I'm craving some cold pasta & mayonnaise

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Wash it down with a glass of

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

If you liked S'moyster, you'll love ham'bster

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Flesh Salad

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Don't tell me what to do t:mad:

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

That Teflon story is part of the backstory for Portal 2, I think.

Some Pretzels with raclette cheese, cold and coagulated.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

spice up your minestrone with whatevers left at the bottom of a takis bag

add texture to your risotto with sidewalk gravel and wet sawdust

enhance your enchiladas savory notes by letting a dog lie down on it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ah, macroplastics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

It's vinegar and sugar. If your recipe uses beans and vegetables gently caress it