Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

so many new posts in this thread, check it out and the News that randle separated his shoulder is obliquely referenced in one post and the Views are like 100 insane posts that chet is having a better season than wemby

Wemby is better at literally everything except shooting efficiency but he scores more and has 10 points higher usage so. No disrespect to Chet he rules but wemby has arrived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Papes posted:

And instead of that, if he was playing pro ball in france and learning from their very capable coaches and training staff he'd be even better right now. It is wild that being on the shelf is being spun as some kind of benefit.
but Wemby is younger. Wemby spent his age 19 year doing that stuff. He's now having his age 20 year being a rookie in the NBA. Chet spent his age 20 year doing injury recover and NBA boot camp, and is now 21. so basically the advantage is that Chet had another year of partial development and physical growth while still being a rookie and that's a correct argument that applies for every second year rookie in the NBA vs a guy who came straight in. Counterargument here is what you're referencing which is that despite that bonus Chet has going for him, Vic might still have more career experience.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Oh yeah, this guy

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1751988519411855732

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

dokmo posted:

mercifully, yes.

It was the perfect gambit because the Spurs record is absolute dogshit and now that they're not doing weird things Sochan, Tre Jones, and Wemby are all playing pretty well. Keldon Johnson seems to have been banished to hell and may be bad.

dokmo posted:

https://twitter.com/JerryEngelmann/status/1751794433153179776

whenever somebody makes one of these, I always sort to find the worst players, as a sanity check on the model, and yup checks out.

Patrick McCaw is a 3x NBA Champion and doesn't belong on this list (winner, rings getter)

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

dokmo posted:

whenever somebody makes one of these, I always sort to find the worst players, as a sanity check on the model, and yup checks out.

idk what rapm is but chet has 4.4 of them and wemby only has .2? looks like another win for big podcast

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

Telluric Whistler posted:

Keldon Johnson seems to have been banished to hell and may be bad.

He played ~30 mins a game in their last three wins, and seemed to play fine, so who knows.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Telluric Whistler posted:

It was the perfect gambit because the Spurs record is absolute dogshit and now that they're not doing weird things Sochan, Tre Jones, and Wemby are all playing pretty well. Keldon Johnson seems to have been banished to hell and may be bad.

Sochan looks like a really decent player. Should never be a primary playmaker but he should have a great career as a secondary/fill in for many different roles kinda guy.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

pop taking the time to give sochan lots of reps as the primary ballhandler will do a ton for his development long term but man the offense is rough to watch when wemby doesn't have the ball in his hands

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1752015565525299555

Lmao

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

what's the market like for this rusted out 03 corolla

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Steph made the call

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Charlotte could theoretically eat both salaries for one or two of Podziemski, Kuminga, Moody, Jackson-Davis and some picks. I'm guessing they'd rather push for this year but if the team takes the long view instead they might prefer to take like $60M off the books overnight

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

Charlotte could theoretically eat both salaries for one or two of Podziemski, Kuminga, Moody, Jackson-Davis and some picks. I'm guessing they'd rather push for this year but if the team takes the long view instead they might prefer to take like $60M off the books overnight

From the scuttlebutt from beat reporters seems to be that Kuminga and Podz are off the table so I have no idea what kind of return Wiggins would even get you. Moody seems nice but is someone actually going to eat a Wiggins deal just to get a rotation 3 and D guy?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

From the scuttlebutt from beat reporters seems to be that Kuminga and Podz are off the table so I have no idea what kind of return Wiggins would even get you. Moody seems nice but is someone actually going to eat a Wiggins deal just to get a rotation 3 and D guy?

Moody and a 2028 first might still do it considering Paul and Wiggins likely have some juice to squeeze

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Spurs should find a way to get CP3 and Wiggins. Not enough for a playin run this year but would lead to a lot of fun games.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://x.com/ushernba/status/1751776073711325487?s=46&t=-Xph8rh7aZz1xpeP_SGXlw

He doesn’t love the game but he’s good at it

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Spurs should find a way to get CP3 and Wiggins. Not enough for a playin run this year but would lead to a lot of fun games.

cp3 wouldn't agree to playing in san antonio, he's exclusively trying to ring chase at this point in his career. milwaukee would be a more likely destination (after a buyout)

wiggins is okay but he's essentially a more expensive version of devin vassell at this point; i'm sure they could play together but he'd probably spend a lot of his time at the 3 and 4 not getting passed to by sochan

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What juice is there in Wiggins to squeeze? The 1.5 season stretch where Wiggins turned into a great player for the Warriors is the aberration, his current play is the norm

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Too bad Portland owns GSW's pick this year, otherwise I wouldn't mind doing something like Wiggins and a 1st for Brogdon.

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

dokmo posted:

glad my utter disgust watching jj hickson play was correct

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

so many former pels on this list

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Spacebump posted:

dreadful idea. let the warriors rot

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

What juice is there in Wiggins to squeeze? The 1.5 season stretch where Wiggins turned into a great player for the Warriors is the aberration, his current play is the norm

First time he got traded, he won ROTY. Second time, won a chip. Who knows what another trade could unlock?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Wonder how much Kevin Willis was affected by playing until he was 62 years old.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

Wiggins contract is ok if you think he can get back to the high 30s 3pt shooter. He's a much better ISO player than a typical 3&D guy, though he's also more of a ball stopper. I think he'd be a fit on a lot of teams but dunno about at the trade deadline.

Miami sending Lowry's expiring for him would have made some sense, although I imagine that might be awkward with Jimmy.

Wiggins was a good outlet for KAT's development so maybe SAS? Seems like an odd fit to me though.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Lockback posted:

Wiggins contract is ok if you think he can get back to the high 30s 3pt shooter. He's a much better ISO player than a typical 3&D guy, though he's also more of a ball stopper. I think he'd be a fit on a lot of teams but dunno about at the trade deadline.

Miami sending Lowry's expiring for him would have made some sense, although I imagine that might be awkward with Jimmy.

Wiggins was a good outlet for KAT's development so maybe SAS? Seems like an odd fit to me though.
CP3 can go to Golden State, Wiggins can go to Miami. Riley wouldn't take him though

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

ok but are they taking calls about Dario?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

He's a bad contract but also the kind of deal that a team like Charlotte can wait out for a year or two until it's less bad, and in the meantime he's a positionally versatile guy who can soak minutes while they rebuild and hopefully improve his stock

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I feel like Charlotte has guys they'd rather get run out of instead though.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Sam Veccenie said the feeling around the NBA is the Wiggins contract might be the worst in the NBA. I think a lot of players contracts are much better if… they play better. Ben Simmons contract is head and shoulders the worst imo, but if he was playing a DPOY it’d be fine.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Lockback posted:

I feel like Charlotte has guys they'd rather get run out of instead though.

It depends I guess. If the plan is to re-sign Bridges and try to compete next year they won't be taking on that much salary anyway. If they trade him or let him walk, the only other forwards they have on the roster worth playing are PJ Washington, Cody Martin and possibly whoever they take in the draft.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

loooool

quote:

Tim MacMahon says he was locked out of his Twitter account when Luka scored 73 points— "I'm locked out of my account, Luka's gonna score 140 points, right after he called me out for only being negative. I can't tweet, this is a disaster" — then says Elon Musk's lawyer helped him get his account back

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Kibner posted:

so many former pels on this list

i'm ready to remember some guys

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Mean Baby posted:

Sam Veccenie said the feeling around the NBA is the Wiggins contract might be the worst in the NBA. I think a lot of players contracts are much better if… they play better. Ben Simmons contract is head and shoulders the worst imo, but if he was playing a DPOY it’d be fine.

I mean "If he played like he played the last 2 seasons" is fundamentally a different statement than just "If he played better".

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Putting Wiggins on a bad/rebuilding team in a “I don’t know, maybe try to rehab your value” role seems destined to fail

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Putting Wiggins on a bad/rebuilding team in a “I don’t know, maybe try to rehab your value” role seems destined to fail

The Warriors failed to make a good player out of him, surely... Charlotte can???

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Yeah, unless you want a straight up tank commander it'll just get you MN Wiggins. I think he could definitely look solid in a bunch of situations but seems like a tough trade path in general.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

wiggins is fine on a good team (i'm more bullish on him than most people here are i assume) but the trouble is getting his salary under the cap for one of those good teams

like he'd be fine on the thunder or the timberwolves or the nuggets as a super sub bench shooter but is it worth paying him 20m to do that when you have other things you need more

3 years left on his contract means you can't feasibly buy him out either

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

wiggins is fine on a good team (i'm more bullish on him than most people here are i assume) but the trouble is getting his salary under the cap for one of those good teams

like he'd be fine on the thunder or the timberwolves or the nuggets as a super sub bench shooter but is it worth paying him 20m to do that when you have other things you need more

3 years left on his contract means you can't feasibly buy him out either

I really hope Toronto does not trade for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

aBagorn posted:

ok but are they taking calls about Dario?

why would they trade their only good player