Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The new TMNT/Usagi Yojimbo crossover was really good. Was surprised that Sakai still has it after forty years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superboy #141 (1967)

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Darthemed posted:

Superboy #141 (1967)

Oh so that's where the Sentry has been living

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Darthemed posted:

Superboy #141 (1967)

That's a really awkward hand position there, Superboy. I guess what happens on Belgor stays on Belgor.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Forum accident posted:

ST:TNG was the only comic book I had a subscription to as a kid and it's bizarre, barely Star Trek at all, but the one thing I always remember about it is how they decided to give everyone an eyepatch in the mirror universe, including Geordi.

Does Geordi have a patch on his visor?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Bucnasti posted:

He does, yes

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Cabbit posted:

This is before DS9; Miles O'Brien has not yet become the universe's heat sink for misfortune and suffering.

It's the mirror universe... presumably their O'Brien is basically Ace Rimmer

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bucnasti posted:

Are you saying blind guys can't be pirates?

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
A few years ago, IDW did their own version of a Next Gen mirror universe, with a few comic miniseries focusing on the concept. Here's their take on the Next Gen mirror Enterprise crew, from Star Trek: The Next Generation Though the Mirror issue 5:

Also if found this panel from issue 2 of the series unintentionally funny (c'mon, Geordi's standing right there!)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Picard, Master of Diplomacy: "It's like looking into some ugly loving mirror that smells and is also somehow and fat and bald. Wow gently caress this ugly piss mirror. Anyway, what can I do for you?"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Even Barclay is jacked in the mirror u

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

The_Other posted:

A few years ago, IDW did their own version of a Next Gen mirror universe, with a few comic miniseries focusing on the concept. Here's their take on the Next Gen mirror Enterprise crew, from Star Trek: The Next Generation Though the Mirror issue 5:

Is that Wesley second from left? Getting some 80's punk vibes with the spiky hair.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Picard, Master of Diplomacy: "It's like looking into some ugly loving mirror that smells and is also somehow and fat and bald. Wow gently caress this ugly piss mirror. Anyway, what can I do for you?"

"And what's with those sashes? Who in the world told you that was a good look?"

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

MH Knights posted:

Is that Wesley second from left? Getting some 80's punk vibes with the spiky hair.

Yeah that's Wesley. From Star Trek: Mirror Broken 4:

Also here's the cover to issue 3. In true comic book fashion, nothing like this actually happens in the issue:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
While we're talking Star Trek comics the recent Defiant series by Chris Cantwell is pretty good. Art isn't great but he's writing the characters well and there's some good humour in there.

This is from last year's "Day of Blood" crossover with the main Star Trek series by Kelly and Lanzing who people seem to like around here. It's a bit on the nose but I chuckled.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

The_Other posted:

They look like they're ready to fight to defend Earthrealm in Mortal Kombat.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
It's 100% a given that Mirror Universe Barclay's holodeck tastes are illegal even by Mirror Universe standards

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

It's 100% a given that Mirror Universe Barclay's holodeck tastes are illegal even by Mirror Universe standards

But that's true of regular universe Barclay

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Attendance to the Gun Show is mandatory

I assume Beverly is also sleeveless under the coat or she's really letting the side down

In the Star Trek Online MMO Wesley is the Terran emperor, his hair is a lot more boring than this but he does have the prerequisite beard

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I feel pretty confident that Mirror Troi is the captain's woman primarily as a tactic to humiliate and put Mirror Riker in his place

Confused Enormatons
Apr 12, 2007

mercenarynuker posted:

I feel pretty confident that Mirror Troi is the captain's woman primarily as a tactic to humiliate and put Mirror Riker in his place

Mirror Riker is perfectly capable of doing that on his own.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just realized Mirror Wesley is basically doing the Powerup Comics pose.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

mercenarynuker posted:

And Mirror Riker loves it, the sniveling worm

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

muscles like this! posted:

I just realized Mirror Wesley is basically doing the Powerup Comics pose.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 22 (1992)

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Gnome de plume posted:

Attendance to the Gun Show is mandatory

I assume Beverly is also sleeveless under the coat or she's really letting the side down

In the Star Trek Online MMO Wesley is the Terran emperor, his hair is a lot more boring than this but he does have the prerequisite beard

"The Mirror universe? God, no. We're from the Muscle universe. There's more than one alternate reality, you know."

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

site posted:

Even Barclay is jacked in the mirror u

What's never skip leg day in latin?

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

From Spider-Man: Quantum Quest by Mike Maihack, a quasi-sequel to his previous Animals Assemble book:

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Thrawn: Alliances #1 (2024)

Vader is such a petty bitch.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

SimonChris posted:

Vader: I wanted to choke her you shoulda let me choke her

SimonChris posted:

FYI, Commodore Faro is a woman.

Apologies, couldn't really tell on my phone screen

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 29, 2024

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

davidspackage posted:

Vader: I wanted to choke him till he's blue in th... anyway you shoulda let me choke him

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Plastic Man #61 (1956)

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Mooseontheloose posted:

What's never skip leg day in latin?

Numquam deficere crus diem, per Iovem.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

SimonChris posted:

Is this one of those situations where Vader knows the suggested route by the commodore will be faster, but he wants Thrawn to look bad, so he tells the guy to shut up?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

CzarChasm posted:

Is this one of those situations where Vader knows the suggested route by the commodore will be faster, but he wants Thrawn to look bad, so he tells the guy to shut up?

No he’s just being an rear end in a top hat who doesn’t think leaders should be second-guessed

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

thetoughestbean posted:

No he’s just being an rear end in a top hat who doesn’t think leaders should be second-guessed

And his chokin' hand's cramping from not being used.

You know like when you have a hammer everything looks like a nail? Same thing.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
FYI, Commodore Faro is a woman.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

thetoughestbean posted:

And not to overthink this specific moment but we can expect Vader in general to have a kind of love-hate relationship with the idea of slavishly following orders.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

CzarChasm posted:

That's the way I saw it. It's like him and Xizor being catty bitches in Shadows of the Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

CzarChasm posted:

The way I see it:
1. Vader immediately shut down any challenges to his authority because he is an evil fascist strongman who can never look weak.
2. Thrawn, being unusually intellectual for someone who managed to rise to a high position in a fascist empire, decides to listen to the officer (maybe also to challenge Vader's power)
3. Vader is still incredibly skilled and a prodigy pilot, so he quickly analyzes the commodore's suggestion despite not having considered it initially.
4. He doesn't challenge Thrawn and the suggestion further in public because that would make him lose face, but demonstrates that he's even more competent than the commodore by fixing her calculations.
5. Thrawn's like "Yeah, I'm smarter than her too, but neither of us thought about it. Let's roll with it."