Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Endless Trash posted:

But is she asking you not to touch it because it’s a sacred artifact, or because it activates the elevator that takes you to the Vulcan Wiretapping Center?

She didn't know about that, remember. It's as big a reveal to her as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Anytime a Vulcan gets all self-righteous you can remind them about their sacred listening post and persecution of carriers of psyphilis even if they only got it 'cause they were mind-raped

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's before they found the sacred texts of Surek, don't count

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Gutcruncher posted:

Yes except the second one. Into darkness was loving terrible by all metrics, Star Trek or not.

I still think it was good until the moment Khan reveals his identity. That's like the moment it feels like I lose all interest.

It has, in my opinion at least, the most entertaining opening of all of the three JJTrek movies. It feels like you're coming in at the final 5 minutes of an episode.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I liked the bit in Beyond where the Jem-Hadar looking main villain does his big villain speech and says ”My homeworlds history is one of war. It made us strong!” And you think oh he’s just some discount Klingon . But then there’s the reveal that he’s actually a preserved past human and he’s talking about earth. I dunno I thought it was cool and actually seemed to get the Trek idea of humanity actually being able to become better.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Beyond was good but if it had had more time in the cooker (it was incredibly rushed) it could've been really really good.

It had all the right stuff it just needed to sand off some edges.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

JediTalentAgent posted:

I still think it was good until the moment Khan reveals his identity. That's like the moment it feels like I lose all interest.

God, after either JJ or Simon Pegg publically going "he's not Khan you guessed wrong", that moment of Cumberbatch chewing up "I..... am Khaaaan." was the smallest oh. I ever produced.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
One of the few things I remember about the Kahn one was how everyone involved in the movie lied on social media about Kahn being in the movie at all. I kind of respect that, if someone is going to ask you to spoil you movie before it even comes out, they don't really deserve an honest answer.

JediTalentAgent posted:

It has, in my opinion at least, the most entertaining opening of all of the three JJTrek movies. It feels like you're coming in at the final 5 minutes of an episode.

Can't agree with that, the opening for the first one was really great, the best part of JJTrek. I think a lot of that movie coasted on it's great opening.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
JJTrek has been rendered redundant by SNW

Now we have muppet babies versions of the characters who are straight upgrades, frankly

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

counterfeitsaint posted:

One of the few things I remember about the Kahn one was how everyone involved in the movie lied on social media about Kahn being in the movie at all. I kind of respect that, if someone is going to ask you to spoil you movie before it even comes out, they don't really deserve an honest answer.

Eh, I disagree. It's still presented as a big dramatic moment in the movie, if people figure that out prematurely and you go "nuh-uh!" you just come off looking surly and pathetic. The better move would've been not to address those speculations at all.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

sweet geek swag posted:

That implies the exact opposite of the relationship that exists between the Vulcans and Earth.

Virgil in the Divine Comedy is probably more apt.

naem
May 29, 2011

T’Pol getting human fever and turning on her Vulcan cia agent handlers

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

There is a pattern where they show the bridge something unexpected happens, then Archer turns to T'Pol and gives her a little look like why didn't you know this? Then they show T'Pol's emotionless face. Seems pointless.

Enterprise Risa episode's big twist: Archer, Reed and Tucker get catfished, and Hoshi translates her way into the sack.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Enterprise Risa episode's big twist: Archer, Reed and Tucker get catfished, and Hoshi translates her way into the sack.

could have done with more of that and less space 9/11

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

TrashMammal posted:

could have done with more of that and less space 9/11

It took until Worf to actually attempt Risa 9/11

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

The Risa episode was good loose and fun Trek. It's probably one of the best episodes of S1 Ent. And it shows us that the anti Suleban forces are after Archer in some way.

There was one totally weird moment in that episode. The woman guest that flirts with Archer is one floor down from him and has some ugly little dog. Archer steps into his villa and seconds later his dog is making a fuss and the other dog has somehow found its way up one flight to a suspended balcony.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Been a while since I’ve seen that episode but I thought the lady put her dog up there so she could get closer to Archer

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Wasn’t Risa 9/11 just “oh no sex planet got wet which is ironically not what we want sex planet to do?”

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I think the terrorists got tired of making it rain and decided instead to destroy the planet by reversing the polarity on the tectonic earthquake blockers or something. Then Worf punched them in the face and took back his sonic screwdriver from them so they couldn't mess with stuff anymore.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Been a while since I’ve seen that episode but I thought the lady put her dog up there so she could get closer to Archer
I poked around to see if I could find a screenshot of the balcony to show the distance , couldn't find that but found the dog appearing on his balcony is listed as a plot hole.

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
worf shoulda just worn the tiny gold shorts dax wanted him to instead of throwing a tantrum

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Endless Trash posted:

But is she asking you not to touch it because it’s a sacred artifact, or because it activates the elevator that takes you to the Vulcan Wiretapping Center?

She did not know about the Wiretapping Center so she's asking you not to touch it because it's a sacred artifact.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

one man’s plot hole is another man’s meet cute

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

mailorder bees posted:

worf shoulda just worn the tiny gold shorts dax wanted him to instead of throwing a tantrum

"This banana hammock is without honor! Fully nude (except for my baldric) -- now that's a warrior's vacation garb!" -- any Klingon not named Worf

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Big rear end On Fire posted:

I poked around to see if I could find a screenshot of the balcony to show the distance , couldn't find that but found the dog appearing on his balcony is listed as a plot hole.

I mean she could have used a transporter. She ends up knocking him out or something so I thought she was targeting him and teleporting the dog is an easy way in. But I don’t want to think about Enterprise anymore.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I've never been able to put my finger on it by DS9 is operating on a level of humor the other shows don't really get on.

Like, the episode where O'Brien is framed for giving warheads to terrorists. The way Cardassian courts work is so darkly funny.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

TheKingslayer posted:

I've never been able to put my finger on it by DS9 is operating on a level of humor the other shows don't really get on.

Like, the episode where O'Brien is framed for giving warheads to terrorists. The way Cardassian courts work is so darkly funny.

Or that one time he spent 20 years in a mind prison with no counseling while it lasted 30 seconds for everyone else.

That poo poo was hilarious.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kuarduck posted:

Or that one time he spent 20 years in a mind prison with no counseling while it lasted 30 seconds for everyone else.

That poo poo was hilarious.

Didn't he refuse the provided counseling?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

men would rather phaser themselves alone in a cargo bay than go to therapy

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Replicant O'Brien episode is really good.

naem
May 29, 2011

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

I don’t want to think about Enterprise anymore.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Computer make T'Pols mouth bigger and wider

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Non Compos Mentis posted:

"As you wish, Commander Riker."

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

I mean she could have used a transporter. She ends up knocking him out or something so I thought she was targeting him and teleporting the dog is an easy way in. But I don’t want to think about Enterprise anymore.
Archer didn’t question it. It was a screw up. In the bigger picture of the show a small one.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It was a space dog, who says it can't fly.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Admiralty Flag posted:

"This banana hammock is without honor! Fully nude (except for my baldric) -- now that's a warrior's vacation garb!" -- any Klingon not named Worf

i don't think most klingons would be into risa, though for the opposite reason as worf. they'd think risa is too uptight. when klingons unwind they always start fighting, and even their loving is too violent for most random hookups on risa.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

even their loving is too violent for most random hookups on risa.

So this is Jamaharon... intriguing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pft you think Risa doesn't have a BDSM corner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Experience beej