Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Ohio is still very Gerrymandered, though.

And not a lot of talent in the Dem field statewide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Grey Cat posted:

Going down to the store and buying baby's first Squier for $100. It sounds like poo poo and plays like poo poo, can't hold a tune.
Paint Trump onto it thinking it looks cool. poo poo guitar looks even more poo poo.
Put the knobs back on wrong.
Success.

Paint? They probably had that poo poo vinyl wrapped at the local sign store that churns out thin blue line decals lol

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Grey Cat posted:

Going down to the store and buying baby's first Squier for $100. It sounds like poo poo and plays like poo poo, can't hold a tune.
Paint Trump onto it thinking it looks cool. poo poo guitar looks even more poo poo.
Success.

My brain keeps trying to put this to "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Babylon Bee editor

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

weg posted:

Paint? They probably had that poo poo vinyl wrapped at the local sign store that churns out thin blue line decals lol

You're absolutely right, printed vinyl would be the cheap rear end option they'd take, still a lol though.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

MrMojok posted:

Yea but have you considered

This machine produces Fascists.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Trump wouldn't owe the 400 million .. Trump Org would and they'd declare bankruptcy to get out of it.

Trump personally is on the hook for 83 million.

I don't think they can declare bankruptcy, actually. There's already some direct judicial oversight at the company and one of the Trumpy lads were just complaining about it in a way that really felt like it was "they won't let us do any crimes!" The company has already received the death sentence, they just put off taking Trump's name off the buildings until after all the damage could be totalled. The Trump org is under non-Trump management until it closes up; they can't file for bankruptcy if they don't control the company and even if they did, it wouldn't stop things. The state of New York isn't going to settle for reduced criminal penalties, either.

I don't have a lot of faith in Trump getting locked up and dyingnin prison. Destroying his precious company and burning it all to the ground, OTOH, is probably the worst punishment Trump could imaging and that's great.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Doctor Butts posted:

Ohio is still very Gerrymandered, though.

And not a lot of talent in the Dem field statewide.

There were actually some decent local flips last year in the only growing blue areas

It's not impossible to oust them, everyone thought Michigan would be impossible until it wasn't, now the MI GOP is in a civil war and the Dems have a trifecta

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Grey Cat posted:

Success.

Ah, the Scatocaster

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This seems major

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This seems major

:lol:

Who is the President of OAN?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Every time I see OAN I think it's a boat company and I don't know why.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I hope the neck of the trump guitar is all floppy and wet like his nussy

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Random Stranger posted:

I don't think they can declare bankruptcy, actually. There's already some direct judicial oversight at the company and one of the Trumpy lads were just complaining about it in a way that really felt like it was "they won't let us do any crimes!" The company has already received the death sentence, they just put off taking Trump's name off the buildings until after all the damage could be totalled. The Trump org is under non-Trump management until it closes up; they can't file for bankruptcy if they don't control the company and even if they did, it wouldn't stop things. The state of New York isn't going to settle for reduced criminal penalties, either.

I don't have a lot of faith in Trump getting locked up and dyingnin prison. Destroying his precious company and burning it all to the ground, OTOH, is probably the worst punishment Trump could imaging and that's great.

my view is trump probably gets convicted of a bunch of the stuff and just ends up trying to appeal til he dies with slowly dwindling chud cash.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

MrMojok posted:

We love our single-coil pickups, don’t we Folks. We love the buzz they make.

But Crooked Joe Biden and the radical left Mob want to take away our single-coil pickups along with our gas stoves and big-flushing toilets.

You can pry my humbuckers from my cold, dead hands!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Pope Corky the IX posted:

My brain keeps trying to put this to "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton.

Making my way downtown
Buying fast, cheap guitar and I'm homebound
Staring blankly ahead
Print shop looking my way
Looking my way cause I'm so proud (boy)
And I need you (caresses guitar)
And I miss you (kisses guitar)
And now I wonder... (dick comes out)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That's a good cat.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

my view is trump probably gets convicted of a bunch of the stuff and just ends up trying to appeal til he dies with slowly dwindling chud cash.

Who gets all the money from all of Trump's idiocy? The Fed?

Is this a redistribution of wealth from dipshit chuds back to the government to fund it?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I still hold a tiny hope in my heart that he gets convicted, tries to flee to Russia or N Korea, gets laughed out of the country, and ends up stateless living in an airport begging for leftover pizza in the food court.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The Giuliani Method

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

Some nobody named Charles Herring.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I didn't know Trumps weren't in control of Trump org. When did that happen?

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Every time I see OAN I think it's a boat company and I don't know why.

Just one letter off.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

TulliusCicero posted:

Just going from his wikipedia page, he's a piece of poo poo that retaliates against employees, pollutes until he gets caught, and sues everyone he's ever been in business with.

Any of us could have probably predicted what kind of person he is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Herring_(businessman)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

This seems major

It's unlikely that anyone will face criminal charges from this, unfortunately, but that is a "pay them now to make this go away because this is only going to get worse" situation. That's the kind of poo poo that kills a media company.

Which has a reasonably good chance of happening here.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Ah, the Scatocaster

The Griftocaster!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

big nipples big life posted:

I don't know how she doesn't die of embarrassment when signing in with that account name.

The liberal grift machine is about as bad as the conservative one, but hardly anyone talks about it

Take, for instance, Marcus Flowers. Ran against MTG in the last election. Had no chance of winning. Still pulled in a shitload of money from people who were convinced he had a shot in an R +20 district

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

This seems major

gee I wonder who helped get them those passwords

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The liberal grift machine is about as bad as the conservative one, but hardly anyone talks about it

Take, for instance, Marcus Flowers. Ran against MTG in the last election. Had no chance of winning. Still pulled in a shitload of money from people who were convinced he had a shot in an R +20 district

I don't think its a grift to try to make a considerable effort to get MTG out of office.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Didn't he get horrifically harassed by MTG supporters until his wife divorced him and he fled the state?

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Babylon Bee editor

i know the answer is horrible sexism and they don't consider women to be people with agency but

the idea of one of the most successful musicians in history. a woman who has broken numerous sales and income records and who's popularity probably rivals the loving Beatles at their peak

just 'settling down' and 'becoming a homemaker' while also sitting on billions of actual real money wealth who could still sneeze and make more money than any man she could marry

it's so baffling. it's so loving stupid my brain can't process it

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Raku posted:

I don't think its a grift to try to make a considerable effort to get MTG out of office.

You have a better chance of growing a second head than a D does winning in her district.

TulliusCicero posted:

Didn't he get horrifically harassed by MTG supporters until his wife divorced him and he fled the state?

That was a republican primary opponent in the year she was elected the first time.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hollismason posted:

I didn't know Trumps weren't in control of Trump org. When did that happen?

Back at the end of October, IIRC. They got a default judgment that said "Trump org is no longer allowed to exist in New York" and had to get someone to oversee dismantling it. The dismantling got stopped because there were a lot of other outstanding issues in the trial to be resolved. The guy who is handling the end of Trump is still there (and he's just a boring business guy, so nothing to talk about), basically making sure they don't do anything fucky to try to hide money or loot the company before the legal processes kick in.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 29, 2024

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

MrMojok posted:

The Griftocaster!

I’m not even a guitar guy, but… Griftson was right there

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

ishikabibble posted:

i know the answer is horrible sexism and they don't consider women to be people with agency but

the idea of one of the most successful musicians in history. a woman who has broken numerous sales and income records and who's popularity probably rivals the loving Beatles at their peak

just 'settling down' and 'becoming a homemaker' while also sitting on billions of actual real money wealth who could still sneeze and make more money than any man she could marry

it's so baffling. it's so loving stupid my brain can't process it

They fundamentally don't believe women are entitled to full rights, and they truly believe women are always better off having kids and serving them.

They are just that big a mysoginist, there is nothing more to it

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Raku posted:

It absolutely is imo if there's no chance of it

Reasonably if she was R +5, even R +10 in a good year sure try to get rid of her and send money to her opponent

But she's R +22 in a rural area, meaning her district is 22% more Republican than average across the nation. Unless she was caught with her hands down her Democratic BFs pants in a theater, there's no way she's going to get dislodged short of leaving herself or dying. That money could have been used for candidates in much closer races. I don't even remember the last time someone R +20 was ousted in favor of a Democrat

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Accipiter posted:

Just one letter off.

You can't fool me, those are rows, from a rowboat.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Civil posted:

Just going from his wikipedia page, he's a piece of poo poo that retaliates against employees, pollutes until he gets caught, and sues everyone he's ever been in business with.

Any of us could have probably predicted what kind of person he is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Herring_(businessman)

I have a feeling we may have the wrong guy

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Speaking of grifts and sons: who else laughs every time they remember that Trump & co are probably going to wind up leaving their kids with jack poo poo thanks to all of the fines, legal fees, etc they/their estate are racking up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Regalingualius posted:

Speaking of grifts and sons: who else laughs every time they remember that Trump & co are probably going to wind up leaving their kids with jack poo poo thanks to all of the fines, legal fees, etc they/their estate are racking up?

Many lols are going to be had over Trumps will. It's going to be hilarious