Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Also very disappointed they didn’t phrase it as a large Penix measurement or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Left handed QBs look weird and I don't like it.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
still feels like if teams can be ok with the injury history Penix will go somewhere in the first. just too many qb needy teams

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

still feels like if teams can be ok with the injury history Penix will go somewhere in the first. just too many qb needy teams

Penix barring terrible medicals is going to go probably somewhere between 8-11.

Either Atlanta, Minny or a team jumping up infront of Minny is going to take him.

Minnesota is thirsty as gently caress for a QB. Penix is by far going to be their best chance to get a decent prospect without mortgaging their future(which they tried to do last year for Richardson) I cannot see Penix getting past Minnesota.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Dexo posted:

Either Atlanta, Minny or a team jumping up infront of Minny is going to take him.

Minnesota is thirsty as gently caress for a QB. Penix is by far going to be their best chance to get a decent prospect without mortgaging their future(which they tried to do last year for Richardson) I cannot see Penix getting past Minnesota.

Anyone want pick 5

We're open for business

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dexo posted:

Penix throwing to Jefferson, Addison, and Hockinson would be cool as hell.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

a neat cape posted:

Anyone want pick 5

We're open for business

If NE passes on Daniels, and takes MHJr.

some team is going to make it rain on the Cardinals or Chargers to Jump the Giants for Jayden Daniels I have to imagine.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dexo posted:

We already know he has terrible medicals. We also haven’t even entered silly season yet, there’s plenty of time for pretty much everyone other than Williams to rise and fall based on pro days, combine performance, news leaks, team interviews, the weather, the tides, and whether their mom was maybe a prostitute.

Plus some of those QB needy teams will sign guys like Fields, Kyler (presuming Arizona moves on) and Kirk and punt on taking the 4th or 5th QB on their board this year.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Dexo posted:

some team is going to make it rain on the Cardinals or Chargers to Jump the Giants for Jayden Daniels I have to imagine.

Seattle known for rain

Gimme da Jayden

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I can’t see New England doing that even if Kraft does seem sympathetic to Mac

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I can’t see New England doing that even if Kraft does seem sympathetic to Mac

Oh, yeah, I don't think it happens, but it's within my parameters of being a defensible pick.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
My big beautiful man!

HT: 99th percentile
WT: 98th percentile
Arm: 99th percentile
Wingspan: 99th percentile

https://x.com/seniorbowl/status/1752081100267003968?s=20

It's going to be interesting to see what he runs at the combine. I'm not sure he wants any part of becoming a TE and blocking.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 29, 2024

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Absolute unit

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
That's a Chicago Bear right there (someone please give us a second round pick)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

Absolute unit

That's a Seattle Seahawk right there (someone please give us a second round pick)

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Dexo posted:

No way they aren't taking Maye (or Daniels if Maye got picked before him)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

This is why I've been saying that I expect the Vikings to trade up to get Daniels, though idk if it would have to be with Washington or the Pats at this point.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

wandler20 posted:

My big beautiful man!

It's going to be interesting to see what he runs at the combine. I'm not sure he wants any part of becoming a TE and blocking.

dude absolutely crushes it blocking in the film I've watched. he seems to both enjoy it, and be pretty good at it. I expect he'll have pretty good numbers for anything fast and some very middling numbers for anything quick.

also I do not like Corum at all so far.

Gareth Gobulcoque fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 30, 2024

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

wandler20 posted:

My big beautiful man!

He should be a TE. Throw on 20lbs and we are cooking something here.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Absolute unit

If we can somehow get him and give Myers actual competition at center, that would be wonderful.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/seniorbowl/status/1752072816499773697?s=20

This is gonna be someone's starting LT somehow.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

wandler20 posted:

My big beautiful man!

How do I read their numbering system again? Would it be:

Height 6061 = 6'6&1/8"
Hands 0948 = 9&1/2"
Arms 3528 = 35&1/4"
Wings 8438 = 84&3/8"

?

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

kalensc posted:

How do I read their numbering system again? Would it be:

Height 6061 = 6'6&1/8"
Hands 0948 = 9&1/2"
Arms 3528 = 35&1/4"
Wings 8438 = 84&3/8"

?

You nailed it!

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/dpbrugler/status/1752144842266665035?s=20

:aaaaa:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

wandler20 posted:

My big beautiful man!

See, that's when you throw down the DK comp. Depending on his 40 of course.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

dude absolutely crushes it blocking in the film I've watched. he seems to both enjoy it, and be pretty good at it. I expect he'll have pretty good numbers for anything fast and some very middling numbers for anything quick.

also I do not like Corum at all so far.

Corum’s whole thing in college is being a weirdly competent hole finder who sort of snow shovels his way to 3 yards guaranteed most of the time. I…don’t think he’s translating to the NFL. The whole “get skinny then explode up” method works when your line blocks well and the linebackers aren’t powerful enough to consistently stick you. Good way to become a 2 YPC back in the nfl if you aren’t exceptionally big and strong. He’s not big enough to be a real short yardage guy in the nfl so I just don’t know what to project. Losing carries to the guys he was is interesting too considering Edwards was terrible this year and the younger guys were average at best. Someone’s going to want him to be Zach Moss but I keep seeing a whole hell of a lot of tape that looks like Donald Brown to me man.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
weirdly competent hole finder was my reputation in college too

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Corum is has a bloody nose all the drat time

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Spencer Rattler on the Vikings :thunk:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Does anyone have a link to a good draft trade value chart? I'm trying to figure out what the Niners would need to give up to get into the 15-20 range because I want Taliese Fuaga in red and gold so bad.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

there's a very good chance that you'd need to be higher than that for Fuaga. I think he's the 2nd best OT in the draft, but even at the number 3 OT off the board 15 might be a 2 or 3 spots too late. He'd be a ridiculously good fit for the 9ers though.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

SKULL.GIF posted:

Absolute unit

https://twitter.com/Nate_Tice/status/1752010322356093057?t=jS_MntSPaAORF0g00fNxMg&s=19

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Grozz Nuy posted:

Does anyone have a link to a good draft trade value chart? I'm trying to figure out what the Niners would need to give up to get into the 15-20 range because I want Taliese Fuaga in red and gold so bad.

https://www.drafttek.com/nfl-trade-value-chart.asp i just use this one, it seems close enough. I use next year's pick as worth one round less, but think that's not really accurate for real bad teams.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

trevorreznik posted:

https://www.drafttek.com/nfl-trade-value-chart.asp i just use this one, it seems close enough. I use next year's pick as worth one round less, but think that's not really accurate for real bad teams.

Thanks. In my ideal world they wouldn't give up any future picks, just consolidate some of their picks in this draft (since they have a bunch and not a lot of roster spots up for grabs) to get a higher ceiling prospect at a position of need. It would be nice if they could deal 31/32, their second and one each of their thirds/fourths if Fuaga starts to fall a bit and hold onto at least one Day 2 pick.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

It's Senior Bowl time!

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Grozz Nuy posted:

Thanks. In my ideal world they wouldn't give up any future picks, just consolidate some of their picks in this draft (since they have a bunch and not a lot of roster spots up for grabs) to get a higher ceiling prospect at a position of need. It would be nice if they could deal 31/32, their second and one each of their thirds/fourths if Fuaga starts to fall a bit and hold onto at least one Day 2 pick.

Yeah, my big takeaway from that chart is it's really worth moving around in the bottom of the first if the BPA at the current draft position also fills a void on your team, but going up into the top 5 is very foolish. Belichick is on record saying all teams use the same chart as each other (though probably a different one) so no real chance to fleece anybody.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers definitely need a center

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

there's a very good chance that you'd need to be higher than that for Fuaga. I think he's the 2nd best OT in the draft, but even at the number 3 OT off the board 15 might be a 2 or 3 spots too late. He'd be a ridiculously good fit for the 9ers though.
His floor might be at #10 with the Jets.
https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1752374368498233375?s=20

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/BillyM_91/status/1752368795098771619?s=20

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Yesss give me all the OL v DL footage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker