Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

Can't have Bombshell taking up space when there could be fifty more no-name Junkions on the shelf.

Whoa hey the Junkions we got are cool, and we only got like 4 in the Legacy line (Axlegrease, Trashmaster, Crashbar, and the tow truck one that was remolded into Axlegrease).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Towline buzzworthy repaint of the tow truck one has the worst elbows. They come off with no effort at all.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The new weaponizer Junkions were cool and appreciated, the multiple minor remolds of SS86 Wreck-Gar are not.

On a related note, did I miss out on SS86 Frenzy / Rumble (Red) / Whatever? I never preorder the core class guys because they usually get pretty good saturation here, but I never saw him and now I see the next SS core wave is hitting brick and mortar stores, and all the online stores are sold out.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’ve not seen the core class Snarl anywhere, and people definitely have it in hand. I wonder if he’s an end of theme/wave victim.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve not seen the core class Snarl anywhere, and people definitely have it in hand. I wonder if he’s an end of theme/wave victim.

With the Dinobots I just go straight to preorder. Can't take chances.

(Please bring Swoop soon.)

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Xenomrph posted:

Whoa hey the Junkions we got are cool, and we only got like 4 in the Legacy line (Axlegrease, Trashmaster, Crashbar, and the tow truck one that was remolded into Axlegrease).

Complete wastes of slots. The Glup Shittos of Transformers. Wreck Gar is more than enough.

The_Doctor posted:

The Targets here were flooded with Core Snarls for a few weeks but now they're all gone. It's just Optimus repacks now.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The Junkion weaponizers are good but I also agree those elbows suck lol. I don't think I've ever had them not come off when going to truck/car mode.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Keldroc posted:

Complete wastes of slots. The Glup Shittos of Transformers. Wreck Gar is more than enough.

There's no such thing as "slots". The SS86 Junkions exist because they need to keep the Studio Voyager size class afloat at all (we're running out of characters) while staying within budget limitations. They also make it possible for the base Wreck-Gar mold to be as good as it is; the high r&d/tooling costs get ameliorated across his retools.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

There's no such thing as "slots". The SS86 Junkions exist because they need to keep the Studio Voyager size class afloat at all (we're running out of characters) while staying within budget limitations. They also make it possible for the base Wreck-Gar mold to be as good as it is; the high r&d/tooling costs get ameliorated across his retools.

Not running out of characters if they started doing TF4 and TF5 ones...but I can understand why they wouldn't want to do that. I just don't care for Junkions and never have. Wreck Gar is a necessary evil due to his prominence but it sucks that so much of the SS line has been clogged up with those nobodies. I'd gladly take different nobodies. Those pseudo Rock Lords are great. The Fossilizers were cool. I just don't like Junkions.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
They're gonna get to the TF4 and TF5 cast. They've done Galvatron and Hot Rod and Crosshairs and more. But there's a ton of business reasons they aren't going on a Late Bay Spree, not the least of which is probably that Knight Optimus is gonna need a Leader budget and they only make like 3 leaders a year.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

Not running out of characters if they started doing TF4 and TF5 ones...but I can understand why they wouldn't want to do that. I just don't care for Junkions and never have. Wreck Gar is a necessary evil due to his prominence but it sucks that so much of the SS line has been clogged up with those nobodies. I'd gladly take different nobodies. Those pseudo Rock Lords are great. The Fossilizers were cool. I just don't like Junkions.

I on the other hand thought the Fossilizers were trash by virtue of them being pure partsformers, and Junkions are cool because scrap metal Mad Max poo poo is cool.

Transformers is a land of contrasts.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Someone come to my house and unpack all my poo poo so I can justify gettting the samurai stunticons. The only time the Menasor with "cars on his arms" instead of "cars as arms" has been acceptable to me.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Keldroc posted:

Can't have Bombshell taking up space when there could be fifty more no-name Junkions on the shelf.

would have been cool if I could *find* any of them

the best I could find was like, the motorcycle junkion, once, the Buzzworthy RiD redeco of the tow truck junkion being the most frequent guy if at all, and then a few Trashmasters at one store (everywhere else has Nemesis Leo taking up voyager space)

every other time I've been looking around, it's been everyone *but* the junkions on the shelf

I've spotted more bombshells than I've spotted deluxe junkions, or even any skrapnels

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

The Towline buzzworthy repaint of the tow truck one has the worst elbows. They come off with no effort at all.

That's because the mushroom peg on Axlegrease and co. is too thick. You gotta file it down with a nail file or sandpaper or something.

It's the top, not the bottom of that peg that needs it. If you look into the joint, you will see zero clearance on top of the peg, and what seems like more than enough clearance on the bottom.

Obviously all three versions of that mold should have been released without this flaw, but it's also very fixable.

EDIT: kind of a bear to get out of the socket, though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jan 29, 2024

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Still waiting on a cleaned up SS86 version of that recent Springer - he's the last dude I need!! Then I can quit!

I seem to have lathe-of-heaven'd SS86 Magnus into existence through sheer desire, so I'm concentrating really hard

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Barry Foster posted:

Still waiting on a cleaned up SS86 version of that recent Springer - he's the last dude I need!! Then I can quit!

I seem to have lathe-of-heaven'd SS86 Magnus into existence through sheer desire, so I'm concentrating really hard

Lmao, “quit”. ROFL. El Oh El, even.

Once you start, there is no “quit”. You are one of us.

One Of Us.

ONE OF US.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

IIRC there’s a leader ss86 Springer listed as coming at some point soonish? Whether it’s a retool of the siege one or a new mould remains to be seen. I’d like a new one, the siege one was fiddly and not at all fun.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

The_Doctor posted:

IIRC there’s a leader ss86 Springer listed as coming at some point soonish? Whether it’s a retool of the siege one or a new mould remains to be seen. I’d like a new one, the siege one was fiddly and not at all fun.

Agreed, great robot mode but gently caress those side panels on his chest that pop out whenever you do anything whatsoever. I'm sure I remember hearing people say the Wreckers version had loose joints as well.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Xenomrph posted:

Lmao, “quit”. ROFL. El Oh El, even.

Once you start, there is no “quit”. You are one of us.

One Of Us.

ONE OF US.

This is true but past an SS86 Swoop I can't really think of anybody else I genuinely want other than, say, a re-release of Metroplex or if they did the other combiners in the last Stunticon style, neither of which will probably happen.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dawgstar posted:

This is true but past an SS86 Swoop I can't really think of anybody else I genuinely want other than, say, a re-release of Metroplex or if they did the other combiners in the last Stunticon style, neither of which will probably happen.

I bought a ton of bots over the last 5-10 years and actually started displaying them, but I'm mostly a G1 only kind of guy so as long as I have one good version I'm happy. There's not too many more I need a version of!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dawgstar posted:

Don’t worry, you/Hasbro will think of something you want.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Xenomrph posted:

Don’t worry, you/Hasbro will think of something you want.

I guess there's some Beast Wars to finish but is there a market for a Leader Class Rampage or Depth Charge?

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Dawgstar posted:

I guess there's some Beast Wars to finish but is there a market for a Leader Class Rampage or Depth Charge?
When has that stopped them before? Laser Optimus has been languishing for like a year and a half and they've decided to release him again under United.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcPx7QM4PLw

This premise was already done by Dr. Smoov and this goes on for too long but I got a few chuckles out of it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah it's a SolidJJ video. Every video I've seen with his name on it is a CollegeHumor level joke that goes on way longer than the premise can sustain.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ah, I didn't know the name.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

I on the other hand thought the Fossilizers were trash by virtue of them being pure partsformers, and Junkions are cool because scrap metal Mad Max poo poo is cool.

Transformers is a land of contrasts.

That's true, the partsforming was way over the line with them. But I forgive a lot for a really nice dinosaur skull sculpt.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, it's supposedly a Leader class so would probably be a new mold.

The same leaks also point to a Leader Sandstorm coming out in Legacy this year. Considering T30 Sandstorm and Springer were mold buddies, I wouldn't be surprised if the new versions share some engineering as well.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Dawgstar posted:

1. Yes. 2. They have all the Transmetal to go except Transmetal 2 Megatron.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

That's true, the partsforming was way over the line with them. But I forgive a lot for a really nice dinosaur skull sculpt.

I really wanted to like the Fossilizers because on paper, transforming dinosaur skeletons sounds awesome and the promo shots made them look cool in both modes.

But then they ended up being pure partsformers and my interest in them instantly cratered.

I was afraid the Junkions and Armorizers would be partsformers too, I’m really happy they’re not. The “take this toy apart and use it as armor on another toy” play pattern just is not for me.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

kilus aof posted:

1. Yes. 2. They have all the Transmetal to go except Transmetal 2 Megatron.

And the Fuzors

Still miffed we didnt get a new Polar Claw

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Xenomrph posted:

I really wanted to like the Fossilizers because on paper, transforming dinosaur skeletons sounds awesome and the promo shots made them look cool in both modes.

But then they ended up being pure partsformers and my interest in them instantly cratered.

I was afraid the Junkions and Armorizers would be partsformers too, I’m really happy they’re not. The “take this toy apart and use it as armor on another toy” play pattern just is not for me.

All this talk about the Fossilizers makes me reallize I never tried glomming those dino bones onto the new rock dudes. Seems like they should be a natural fit together. Will need to dig my Fossilizers back out to experiment.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Probably be a few years. On the other hand, TransArts is basically out of TM1 characters at this point. Just Rampage and Depth Charge left to do.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Time to break the glass labeled "Beast Wars Neo", if you don't think a penguin, tanuki or mastodon are good ideas whose time have come again then I can't help you

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Keldroc posted:

Probably be a few years. On the other hand, TransArts is basically out of TM1 characters at this point. Just Rampage and Depth Charge left to do.

wait they did Transmetal/TM2 Silverbolt and Quickstrike?

Edit: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Worlds-C...d=6350040719624

Designer: how do we make it absolutely clear that black arachnia is female?

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 30, 2024

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

Quickstrike just came out a couple weeks ago and Silverbolt is due in a couple months.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Barry Foster posted:

I've been done for the last year or so unless they come out with that or the SS86 Optimus Prime is really cool.

I'd also be happy to find a Cosmos or a Goldbug that's not in a four pack.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Joe Fisto posted:

I need a little cowboy hat for him.

Its a nice figure, as I expected. I didn't realize that the snake arm/body was bendywire instead of articulated. If I had to make a complaint, it would be nice if the snake shoulder had the articulation to set more flush to his side. That's not too big a deal.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Xenomrph posted:

I just think of the Fossilizers as a tribute to/crossover with Bone Age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyfG5v-f88U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
My issue with Fossilizers was the lack of 5mm posts on Beast Wars characters. You can do all sorts of crazy stuff with cars but are super limited with beast modes.