Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Benagain posted:

Here comes the Joker, in a PC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Batman dies at the end

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That was Batgirl.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
The art for Pizza Tower is the Frenchest thing I've ever seen

also

The expansion pack is called Plus. gently caress you, SEGA :mad:

I mean nobody gives a poo poo about Amy but still :mad:

credburn fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 30, 2024

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX_wprkggoE

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

EDI is some kind of sexbot now? Bold choice. For those who are wondering, unfortunately you cannot date her,

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

excellent news for everyone who wants to be stepped on: LaD:IW makes _____Seong-hi_____ a party member

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Phlegmish posted:

EDI is some kind of sexbot now? Bold choice. For those who are wondering, unfortunately you cannot date her, she's predictably all over Joker instead

Seth Green got his own big tiddy robot gf and had to ask the important question

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

credburn posted:

I mean nobody gives a poo poo about Amy but still :mad:
*piano player stops, as everyone in the saloon goes quiet and stares at you*

Orv
May 4, 2011
Sonic bad

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog is good

Orv
May 4, 2011
Okay fair, just that one though

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Just beat Lucah Born of a Dream for the first time! It's weird, I have no idea what the hell was going on, and I'm pretty sure I have to play it again on NG+ to actually get a true ending so I haven't beaten it yet, per se, but the vibes were intriguing, the presentation is unique, and the combat is quite the stylish spectacle! In a way, it reminds me of Nier a lot, especially with certain elements like the poetic text segments.

I will say, though, that it commits one of the cardinal sins of game design: having branching paths where one is progress and the other has bonus powerups and lore and such, and if you accidently go down the right path the first time, welp, now you can't go back, hope you didn't mind missing all of that!

Was mostly getting around to it because the sequel Death of a Wish which I saw at MAGFest is coming out soon. That's how I live: by the time I finally get around to playing something in my backlog, it's because the sequel is almost out. Always a generation behind!

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Orv posted:

Sonic bad

we all agree this is good though

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
also i swear you could only play as amy in the gba games discounting the spin-offs. might be wrong. i haven't payed attention to the franchise since 2012

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

euroshopper posted:

we all agree this is good though

It's a re-skin of Puyo Pop, but a welcome one. Nintendo did the same thing with Kirby's Avalanche. Both are still great.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Kirby’s Avalanche is better because it offers the novel experience of a Kirby who talks and is extremely rude.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

cant believe its taken me this long to figure out why Ive such a backlog problem, but for the last week I've just been opening steam at the library page instead of the friend activity or storefront pages.

Staring at a list of things you already own and wanted to play at one point? weird.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/527430/view/3997575372227328324

quote:

Inquisitors,

We're proud to announce that the Seasonal Journey is now available for Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr.

The Seasonal Journey is the culmination of all the work of past years and all the free updates we've added to the game. This new feature makes all seven previously released Seasons available at the same time for everyone (for free of course). You are now able to pick a Season on the character creation screen from the very first fire-centric Season of Inferno to the most recent ones, and create a Seasonal character for that particular Season.

The Seasonal Journey - including the to-date unreleased Seasons 6 and 7 - is soon coming to consoles as well!

Check out our announcement trailer for the Seasonal Journey here!

That's not all, though. We've been hinting at a surprise for a while now, and today is the day we'll finally come forward with it! We were glad to see that you have enjoyed the Sororitas Class as much as we did, and this enthusiasm has inspired us to create something new for Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr.

We are happy to announce that a new class DLC will be available later this year, namely, the Hierophant Class! You will assume the role of an Inquisitor who can call in multiple acolytes to form a squad. Use your faith and authority to inspire your acolytes to carry out the Emperor's will, manage them like a true leader, and teach the Imperium's truth to all the heretics in the Caligari sector!

We will reveal more details in the time leading up to the release, we hope you will like the new features and abilities! And until so,

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS

Huh, I'm impressed by Neocore's dedication to this game even as they're clearly wrapping it up and preparing for something else.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That’s pretty impressive given that they’ve already released the game after it and Martyr, near as I can tell, never did incredibly.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

Huh, I'm impressed by Neocore's dedication to this game even as they're clearly wrapping it up and preparing for something else.

Woah that's cool. Good time to dig that game out of the backlog.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lol

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I have said this before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw03BR0Uu0Y

Abiotic Factor is Halflife role playing coop for up to 6 peeps
Free online demo for a few weeks left
Class based pve survival as you try and escape a handcrafted underground research lab
https://store.steampowered.com/app/427410/Abiotic_Factor/

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Love love love the concept of the game but it's just not fun to play if you already have an aversion to seeing tiered lists of hundreds of crafting materials.

I can't understate that I love how they captured Half-Life 1's overall aesthetic though, props to them, and the opening moments were amusing.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I somehow wasn't able to find a screwdriver to complete my workbench after the tutorial so I logged out and left feedback about that. Was it somewhere super obvious? Because I ran around everywhere that was accessible to me at least 3 times.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Deakul posted:

Love love love the concept of the game but it's just not fun to play if you already have an aversion to seeing tiered lists of hundreds of crafting materials.

I can't understate that I love how they captured Half-Life 1's overall aesthetic though, props to them, and the opening moments were amusing.

Do you ride a train?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
There are tram stations but they are unusable in the demo as the area is limited

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Diephoon posted:

I somehow wasn't able to find a screwdriver to complete my workbench after the tutorial so I logged out and left feedback about that. Was it somewhere super obvious? Because I ran around everywhere that was accessible to me at least 3 times.

It's right under the whiteboard that says "grab a screwdriver"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Maybe it's time for me to give this a spin. How's the gearing/itemization? Biggest thing in an ARPG for me is the presence of interesting loot that modifies stuff beyond "more damage"

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

explosivo posted:

It's right under the whiteboard that says "grab a screwdriver"

Yeah I did the tutorial part, after I went down the lift I no longer had items. After that I could not find a screwdriver.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Diephoon posted:

Yeah I did the tutorial part, after I went down the lift I no longer had items. After that I could not find a screwdriver.

That sounds like a bug then

I seem to recall you can craft a makeshift screwdriver, but not sure what triggers the recipe to unlock

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Diephoon posted:

Ah yeah you're right, I didn't realize the tutorial was separate from the actual game you start. There's some vents right by where you start that I found a screwdriver in.

Orv
May 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

Maybe it's time for me to give this a spin. How's the gearing/itemization? Biggest thing in an ARPG for me is the presence of interesting loot that modifies stuff beyond "more damage"

I would avoid Martyr then. Builds in Martyr are primarily just stacking the right stats to explode entire screens with one click. There’s very little auxiliary item effects.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mordja posted:

Do you ride a train?

Nope just an elevator.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

explosivo posted:

Ah yeah you're right, I didn't realize the tutorial was separate from the actual game you start. There's some vents right by where you start that I found a screwdriver in.

That would make sense, I walked around everywhere I could walk several times but I didn't want to crawl through the vents again.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

goferchan posted:

I haven't played it, but I do remember the Van Helsing games having some of the absolute worst loot mechanics in the genre. Maybe wait for Last Epoch...

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Diephoon posted:

That would make sense, I walked around everywhere I could walk several times but I didn't want to crawl through the vents again.

You...do not want to crawl through vents?

You need to give up your Gamer Identification Card, NOW

Orv
May 4, 2011
Vents are just air sewers when you really think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Love 2 crawl through vents while traversing sewers. That's how much of a true gamer I am